• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 3,518 Views, 231 Comments

Happily Loopy After - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle is stuck in a time loop. Or so she thought...

  • ...
10
 231
 3,518

L15A

Author's Note:

L15Link

Sweetie Belle…had to sit down after that one. Her mind fractured as she stared at the grinning filly in front of her. The adults quietly looking over pictures in the background brought out of a scrapbook. A hoof sailed to her temple to attempt to rub the migraine from it. This failed: naturally.

“I just…You…I….” Once more her head was rubbed. And it took her a solid five minutes to realise the adults had left to go and find a certain cat. Leaving Sweetie alone with her other loping counterpart. With the silence stretching between them: the other finally spoke.

“So your ‘break loop’ was the one where we got our Cutie Mark?” Slowly approaching: SweetieL sat down beside Sweetie Bell.

“Yeah. And then I went through…those loops.” She shivered. “But I can’t stop now. I have to make sure Starswirl sees justice.” Brow furrowing with concentration: the two shared a look. Then rose, and moved to seek out the adults.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” They both nodded in unison.

“We team up-We get ice cream!” Both stopped, and looked to each other. Breaking into giggles they pointed to the other.

“I was going to say teaming up but I figured a joke would help after what you saw.” Remarked SweetieL.

“I wasn’t even thinking of jokes, I was busy thinking about Starswirl.” The other Sweetie laughed.

“We’re going to need a way to differentiate ourselves then.” Commented them both. Their gazes went to the saddlebags Sweetie was wearing, that SweetieL was not.

“By loop?” “By loop.”

And thus: Sweetie12 and Sweetie15 shared a cross dimensional hoof bump.


“Is that really wise?” The nearest Twilight asked: concerned. They both nodded in unison.

“This cannot possibly go wrong!” Chimed Sweetie12.

“It increases our chances of victory!” Responded Sweetie15. Before looking thoughtful. RarityL sighed softly.

“You’ll bring my Sweetie back safely…right.” Her gaze cast to the other Rarity: the two shared an unspoken agreement.

“Of course. That’s why I’m coming along after all.” With so many adults discussing things: it quickly devolved into chaos. Growing bored: the two fillies wandered away.

“You know,” remarked Twilight. “Those two are oddly…distinct.” Her gaze watching them walk side by side with different gaits.

“Do you think each loop and experience changes them…slowly but surely?” Her gaze went to the others, and TwilightL nodded.

“What if…the later loops get worse…” Her gaze downward as she frowned: Twilight regarded the adults there. Considering it for a moment: Rarity nodded firmly.

“She’ll have us.” Silence stretching for a moment after: Rarity repeated her words.

“No matter what we see: she’ll have us. And I truly believe together we can keep her safe and happy. Right Twilight?” Stepping over to her friend: Rarity gazed deeply into her eyes. Meeting them: Twilight glanced away for a moment, and then back. Determination filling them with fire.

“Right! Now let’s go catch Starswirl.”


Sensing the magic getting closer to his location: Starswirl purred for a moment. His mind pricked by the delight of their decision. With a claw, and the door slamming open: he casually left their reality like one would a room.

“StarSWIRL!” Sweetie12 cried out in furious anger as she jumped at where he had been, and stomped the ground. Snorting madly as she paced around. Meanwhile: Sweetie15 watched this display with a soft frown. Flinching as her double cried out again, and began to charge a spell.

“What are you doing!?” Stepping closer: Twilight interrupted the spell and met the face of the beast.

“I’m going. After. STARSWIRL Twilight!” She remarked passive aggressively. Gently: Rarity placed a hoof on Sweetie12’s shoulder.

“I know hon…but you…Need to calm down. The princesses haven’t arrived yet. We don’t know what we’re walking into next ah…loop.” Hugging her: Rarity could feel the shaking slow down as Sweetie12 calmed. Glancing to her room: Sweetie15 stepped inside, and began to pack a few things. Considering her doubles state: she was able to easily understand how something like that could happen.

‘I can feel the anger too…but…why am I not as angry? Aren’t we the same pony?’ With a shake of her head: Sweetie15 packed her things and moved back toward the group. By this point the Princesses had joined them: and the spell was being prepared to cast. Tapping a foot impatiently: Sweetie12 was eager to be off.

As the spell was cast, and they began to be transported away: Sweetie15 couldn’t help but feel a tinge of doubt. The home warped and faded as the magic took hold. No headaches plagued her anymore since the loop’s end. But where were they going? Was this truly the same place? A soft sigh escaped her as she turned her gaze forward to their destination.

Thinking about it would only give a headache.


Reappearing in a puff of magic in the now vacant room: Starswirl purred softly, and quickly sought out his companion. The two swiftly moved away from the home and toward the woods. With time not on their side: they needed to go somewhere where things remained lost. As they walked: the two were dead silent. But once they stopped to drink: the two began to speak.

“Is this truly wise? We may destabilise the spell.” StarswirlL remarked to Starswirl15.

“Wise or not. I’m really not in a mood to be jailed. Are you.” The two began walking once more.

“What are we even seeking out here?” Glancing around at the ruins: StarswirlL followed the other inside.

“Just a place to hide and plan. What are we to do with the white menaces?” The two paced and thought and concocted. Unaware of the force watching them. It listened into their plan, and watched them vanish without a word. The Zebra stepped out to the location they had been in, and frowned softly.

“Bode well: this does not. I must go and tell them lots.” With a turn of her head: Zecora would begin to travel the path through the Everfree. Without much to go on: the striped pony had only one person on her mind to tell this too.