• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 3,258 Views, 127 Comments

My Little Pony: Breath of the Wild - knigsonic



Link awakens after many years to a wide new land full of ponies in which he must defend it from the forces of evil once again.

  • ...
11
 127
 3,258

Open Your Eyes

“Long ago, Before the Two Sisters, Before The Rise of the Equestrian Race in fact, there was a race of Great Beings, called The Hylian Race. Near the end of their rule, a War, unlike any the land had witnessed, took place. In it was a man, with more Bloodshed on his hands than any before him. He sought out to rule the land with an iron fist, forcing an ancient Sorceress to do his dirty work, summoning monsters from across the ages to wage battle against the Hylians, led by a noble Princess, and her servant, a warrior from the Sheikah tribe. Together with the Hyrulian army, they battled bravely against the threat. However, soon the evil man had faced his equal, a young knight trainee who was destined to be The Hero of Legend. The man found the Blade of Evils Bane, and defeated the evil king, sealing him away. However, Though the battle was won, the War was lost as The Demon King had managed to wipe the Hylian Race out of existence. The Hero then prayed to the goddesses of old, asking them to revive the Hylians somehow. None know what became of The Hero afterwards, but many believe his prayer was answered, and the Hylian Race was revived many years later as the Equestrian Race. It was then that Guardians were placed over the land to watch over it so we may never have another war like the Great Hylian War ever again-“

Suddenly a Pegasus raised her hoof, having The Alicorn stop. “Yes Rainbow Dash?”

“Twilight, this is SOOOOO Boring… Can’t we just read some Daring Do instead?” Rainbow said pulling her eyelids open just to stay awake.

“Ugh, Fine… Go do whatever you want Rainbow…” Twilight said closing her book and putting it away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Open Your Eyes”

A pod slowly began to open, deep underground. If any living creature was inside the chamber, they would have seen a strange pool of blue liquid inside it.

“Open Your Eyes”

If any creature would have been in the chamber, they would of ran out as a body, a young man, began to emerge from the pool, wearing a pair of black shorts, with darkish blond hair and pointy ears.

“Wake Up Link”

Link opened his eyes for the first time in eons, slowly climbing out of the pool and looked around. “Where… Where am I?” he asked himself. He noticed a stand near a closed door begin to glow and walked over to it.

“This is a Shiekah Slate. This will help you on your mission to save this land once again”

Link jumped in surprise at the voice. “Who’s there?” He asked, spinning around, only to see no one. Shrugging, he picked up the slab, only to watch as the door began to open. Watching in surprise, he walked through it only to spot a pair of clothes laid out for him. “Guess someone was thinking about me hehe” he said as he put on a blue shirt and tan pants and some boots. After getting dressed, Link saw another stand glowing down the hallway. Looking down, he noticed his slate was glowing as well. “Hmm… I wonder…” he said walking forward, placing the slate on top of the stand. Suddenly a strange sound came from it before a computerized voice was heard.

“ACCESS GRANTED”

Link took the slate back as another door at the end of the hallway opened up. He covered his eyes as blinding light soared into the room. After blinking several times in order to get used to the light, Link walked towards it, soon finding himself out into a wide field. “Wha… How long have I been gone?” he asked himself.

“Link, Hero chosen by the Goddesses, you have been awakened from your deep slumber to save the land once again. A Great evil is rising and only you can defeat it. Rise Link, and save this land so that it might never have to witness a war ever again.”

Link looked around for the source of the voice, again to no success. Looking down, he noticed a small town sitting next to a forest at the bottom of the mountain he was on. “It seems the Hylian Race has been brought back… maybe someone down there might have some answers for me.” Link said before climbing down the mountain, unaware of the mechanical machine watching him from above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took Link nearly half a day to climb down the mountain and reach the forest. As he made his way inside, he noticed it had begun to get dark. “Maybe I should set up camp here… I don’t think I could make it through this forest during the night…” he said. Looking around, he added, “on the other hand, it might be smarter to make my way to the village, since I don’t really have anywhere to sleep and keep warm… Ya… I better head through…” Link said, getting ready to jog into the woods, only to spot something sticking out of the ground. Reaching down, he pulled out what seemed to be an old rusty sword from what appeared to be from eons ago. “This might be of some use… assuming I get a chance to fix it up…” he said before placing it on his back.

“Link… head towards the town, but be warned, your awakening has not gone unnoticed. Hurry before your caught!”

Link spun around, finally getting irritated at hearing a voice but finding no owner, only to see a few rocks fall off the mountain. Looking up, he nearly fell backwards as giant Mechanical arm appeared, followed by a giant pod! “Not good!” Link said before turning around, running into the forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash awoke to the sound of a loud boom. “Huh? What was that?” she yelled, running outside her cloud house, only to spot what appeared to be a giant metal glowing egg with tentacles chasing and shooting at something, or Somepony! Worse yet, whatever it was, was coming straight for Ponyville! “Not on my watch” she said with a grin as she dived from her cloud, spreading her wings instantly blasting towards the forest. She rammed into it, causing it to spin around for a few seconds, giving her time to rescue the pony it was after. “Hey, you need a hoof?” She said only to stare at what she just saved. Whatever it was, stood on two legs, was fully clothed, and had pulled a rusty sword out.

Suddenly the creature charged at her, only to roll right under her, tossing the rusty sword at the giant machine, managing to hit it in what looked like an eye, shattering the sword. The Mechanical beast spun around a few times, the glowing on it flickering in and out before finally collapsing. The creature sighed, relaxing as it turned towards Rainbow Dash. “Nice move there guy” Rainbow Dash said landing on her hoofs as the young man stood up. “My Names Rainbow Dash! Whats yours?” she asked extending a hoof.

The boy looked at the hoof before leaning down and shaking it. “Link”

Author's Note:

just two days after it was revealed, heres a fan fic based on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild