• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 3,258 Views, 127 Comments

My Little Pony: Breath of the Wild - knigsonic



Link awakens after many years to a wide new land full of ponies in which he must defend it from the forces of evil once again.

  • ...
11
 127
 3,258

A mystery

Twilight stepped off the train lost in thought as Link followed behind her, replacing his gear that he took off to sit down. He looked up after fixing it to see all the ponies at the station staring at him out of curiosity.

"This is going to take some getting used to..." he said causing Twilight to turn her head around in curiosity.

"hmm?" She asked as he caught up to her. "oh, Im just gonna need to get used to being around ponies instead of hylians" He said looking down at her.

"Ya, I guess this would be a major cultury shift for where you came from... Maybe its best we get you to my castle for now. That way I can take a look at that wound." Twilight said heading towards her place. Link nodded looking down at it in shame along with his tunic.

'I must bring dishonor to this tunic for this happening to it...' he thought before following Twilight.

Meanwhile Twilight returned to her thoughts. 'Why did Celestia turn hostel towards Link? Shes normally Kind and loving to everypony... She was having a good time before he walked in, then she just tried to get rid of him as quickly as possible.... Something's not right with her...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link opened his eyes staring at the crystal ceiling above him and slowly sat up to take a good look at the room Twilight had given him when they arrived to her castle. It was a simple room with a small table and dresser with an mirror on top. Link sat up and looked over at his tunic, the tear from where the griffon attacked him.

'I sure hope someone around here knows how to repair outfits...' He thought before getting up and walking towards the mirror. He looked at his wound and gave a soft smile at where Twilight used her magic to heal most of it up, leaving just a few scars.

"Sure glad she was able to do that for me." He said putting the tunic back on and grabbing his gear before stepping outside. He heard the sound of voices coming from the Throne room and went down to see who was there. He stuck his head around the corner to see six ponies, three of which he recognized as Twilight, Rainbow, and Applejack, talking to one another.

"I tell ya girls, it was weird of Celestia to act like that towards Link. Its almost like... The very fact Link existed repulsed her..." Twilight said to which the group gave worried confused looks. A white unicorn with a purple mane and three diamonds on her rear spoke up.

"Perhaps she just was having an off day? Being a Princess can have its bad moments."

Twilight shook her head to the unicorn and replied, "No Rarity. Thats just it. Up until she met him, Celestia acted like she always has, a kind and mother like figure, but right when she saw Link, something I never thought Id see on her face appeared..."

"Disgust" Link said as he stepped around the corner. The group turned to the champion only to watch as a Pink pony with frizzy hair and three balloons on her flank shot out of her chair and straight towards Link. Link raised his arms to defend himself only for the pony to be grabbed by Twilight's magic.

"PINKIE PIE! Now is not the time or place!" She shouted pulling her friend back. "Aww..." Pinkie Pie said as she was pulled back to her throne.

Link sighed relaxing and walked up to Twilight. "I saw something in Celestia's eyes when we locked eyes for a moment. I couldnt put my finger on it, but I coulda swore Ive seen that look before..." Twilight wrote down this new information and looked up at Link.

"Well until you can remember where you saw them, I guess were at a stand still here... How are you feeling Link?" Twilight asked setting her scroll down.

"Better. Thanks for healing my wounds. Though I do wish you could of done something about my tunic. I feel like I disgraced my kind when this was damaged." He suddenly heard Rarity get up and walk over to him.

"Let me see the damage darling." She said her horn glowing blue. Link nodded and removed his tunic and handed it over to her. She quickly scanned the shirt over finding the hole, while giving the material judging. "Oh no darling This simply wont do. This tunic is from your time, its gonna fall apart easily if you wear this into battle." She then looked up his remainder of his clothes and shook her head. "No no no... This will not do for a Champion of old! I MUST update your clothes at once!" She said. Link looked at the other girls, Twilight giving Link a nod.

"She is the one to go to for fashion around here." Twilight said with a chuckle.

Link looked back to Rarity and nodded. "Very well, though I might need a temporary outfit while you work." "Oh but of course! Come with me. I have something you might like!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link stepped up to the second floor of Rarity's home as she put his clothes on her desk. "Now lets see... I know I have it around here somewhere..." She said opening her closet. Link looked around her room, seeing all the outfits she made for other ponies.

'How am I gonna afford to pay her for remaking clothes for me?' He thought to himself as she pulled out a pair of clothes.

"Ah, here they are! The arms and legs are kinda small, I made them when I was a filly for a class project, but it should fit you nicely!" Link looked at the green tunic handed him and gave a soft smile putting on the old green floppy hat.

"Thank you Rarity. I wish I had some way to repay you." He said putting the rest of the tunic on.

"Think nothing of it darling! I am the element of Generosity after all!" Link blinked in confusion.

"Element of Generosity? I dont understand..." he said pulling the boots up.

"Oh, thats right, you dont know about the Elements of Harmony. Perhaps you should return to Twilight to find out more."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link returned to Twilight's Castle only to nearly trip over a pony. Link looked down to see a quivering yellow pegasus with a pink mane hiding below him. "Hey, you ok?" He asked her only for her to mumble to him.

"Im sorry, let me get out of your way." She mumbled and tried to move only for Link to get down to her level and respond, "Your not in my way."

She looked at him surprised at the fact he didnt ask her to repeat herself and mumbled, "you can hear me just fine?" Link nodded and pointed to his ears.

"Hylians have incredible hearing, supposedly to let us hear the goddesses better. You were at the meeting earlier, but I never got your name."

She gave a small smile and moved her mane back. "My names Fluttershy." She said.

"Link, but you already knew that hehe." Suddenly Link heard Twilight's voice call out to him.

"LINK, I NEED YOU FOR A MINUTE!" Link stood up to full height and ran towards the sound of the voice before turning towards Fluttershy. "Ill catch up with you later!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link stepped into the Library and noticed a massive mirror set up in the middle of the room as Twilight floated a book to a stand at the top. "Whats up?" Link said walking up to her. Twilight looked up at Link a stern look on her face.

"I just received a message from my Canterlot High friends about a student of mine on the other side of the mirror." Twilight said to which Link blinked in confusion.

"What?" Twilight sighed and explained.

"On the other side of that mirror is a parallel world where everyone on this side is human, kinda like you but without pointy ears. I have a friend on that side of the portal that is learning about friendship there, but I just got a message from the human version of my friends something has happened to her. I need to go over there and investigate."

Link nodded and looked at the mirror. "What do you need me for?" He asked as Twilight stepped toward the mirror.

"I need you by my side. She might of been kidnapped and Ill need a champion to go rescue her." Link nodded and followed her into the mirror.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash looked at the statue to Canterlot High as a ripple appeared and Princess Twilight stepped through the portal. "Twilight's here!" She shouted to the other girls only for her to see another ripple as a young man wearing a green tunic and brown pants step through. "And... an elf?" She asked. Twilight looked at Rainbow and shook her head.

"Girls, this is Link, Link, these are the human versions of my friends." Link looked up to see five teenage girls take interest in him.

"Link? I know Ive heard that name somewhere..." Pinkie Pie said scratching her chin thinking. Link looked at Twilight, blinking at her new form not knowing shed change.

"Girls, whats wrong with Sunset?" Twilight asked to which Applejack stepped forward taking her hat off.

"Aye dont know how to tell you this sugarcube... but... Sunset Shimmer... is dead..."

Author's Note:

Oh look at that, a cliffhanger! Why is Sunset dead? Well Jump on over to Sunset Shimmer: Savior of the Future, for more infor on whats been happening on the human side of the mirror!

well I was waiting on someone to get back to me on editing this chapter, but they never got to me on it being done, so here it is. If it gets edited, huzzah, if not, we all know idc