• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 3,257 Views, 127 Comments

My Little Pony: Breath of the Wild - knigsonic



Link awakens after many years to a wide new land full of ponies in which he must defend it from the forces of evil once again.

  • ...
11
 127
 3,257

But I didnt do it!

“Link?” Rainbow Dash asked trotting over to him. “What kind of name is that?”

“The name I was born with… Besides, what kind of name is Rainbow Dash?” Link asked chuckling as he walked over picking up his shattered sword. “Great… and I just found that” he muttered turning around to the Pegasus.

“It’s a perfectly fine name!” she said getting angry.

“Maybe for around here. Not so much on my side of the pond.” Link said bending down to her and smiled. Rainbow Dash thought it over and snickered.

“I guess you’re right.” She said before sticking her hoof out. “Nice to meet you Link!” she said with a smile as Link extended his hand and shook her hoof.

“Same to you Rainbow Dash! So… where are we exactly?” he asked getting back to his full height.

“The Everfree Forest, just outside Ponyville.” She said flapping her wings and floating up to his height. “What are you doing out here anyways?” she asked.

“I’m… not sure… I just woke up a few hours ago in a cave on that mountain.” Link said pointing towards the mountain side.

“Woke up? How long were you asleep for?” Rainbow asked only for Link to sigh and shake his head.

“I’ll tell you this much, there were no talking ponies then… or any Hylians… There wasn’t much of anything…” Link said with a sad tone. Rainbow Dash’s ears dropped upon hearing this.

“I’m… sorry… I didn’t know” she said before remembering what Twilight was reading earlier. “Wait… Hylians? Are you… a Hylian?” she asked Link who in turn nodded. “I have a friend that might give you some info about what happened! Come on!” she said before flying towards the entrance at her normal speed. Link stood there in shock before she zoomed back. “Oh, right… You probably can’t move that fast, can you?” she asked.

Link shook his head and chuckled. “No, not really. How about you just fly by me. We can talk on the way.” He said as he put his shattered sword away. “Sure” she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BAM BAM BAM “YO TWILIGHT!!!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she and Link stood outside a giant crystal tree. Link looked up to see another pony stick her head out of a window higher up.

“RAINBOW DASH, IT’S THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!” Twilight shouted before noticing the boy standing next to her. “HANG ON, ILL BE DOWN IN A SEC” Twilight shouted before running down. The duo watched the gates open as Twilight stepped out. “Who are you?” She asked looking up at Link.

“My name is Link.” He said getting down to her eye level.

“Link huh?” Twilight said as she turned towards Rainbow Dash and asked “where did you find him?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That’s quite a tale.” Twilight said writing everything down that Link and Rainbow Dash told her.

Link nodded and said “I was told I need to save this land… but I don’t even know this world anymore… If this is still my world…” Link said looking at the Cutie Map. Twilight scratched her chin before having a book levitate out of the Library to her.

“You said you were a Hylian, correct?” She asked as Link nodded. Twilight began flipping through her book. “Tell me, what do you remember happening before you awoke in that cave?” she asked as Link scratched his chin.

“I was… I was in a war… I fought in the Hylian army, and was chosen by fate to help save the land… But I failed. My race was wiped out, and I was the last of my kind.” Link said holding his head down in shame. Twilight flipped through her book before finding what she was looking for.

“Wait… YOU’RE the Legendary Hero? The one who defeated the Great Evil all those years ago?” She asked slowly getting a grin on her face. Link looked up and nodded, trying not to get creeped out by her grin. “THAT IS SO COOL!” Twilight shouted with glee putting her hoofs to her face. “I can’t believe I’m meeting a piece of Equestrian History!” She continued.

Link scratched the back of his head slightly embarrassed as Rainbow Dash snickered at what was happening. “Calm down Twi, your gonna scare him away!” she said in between laughs.

Twilight blushed and looked at Link. “Hehe, sorry. It’s just, I’ve always wanted to meet legends from Equestria’s history, and… well, you’re probably one of the biggest there are, almost as big as Starswirl the Bearded!”

Link blinked at the name and asked, “Who’s Starswirl?”

It was Twilights turn to blink as her eye twitched. “Who’s Starswirl? HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT HIM?” She asked loudly.

Rainbow flew over and held her friend back. “TWILIGHT! Perhaps Starswirl wasn’t around then? After all, Isn’t Link supposed to be from before Equestria?” Rainbow asked to which Twilight calmed down in shame.

“Oh…. Right… sorry. I’m kind of his number 1 fan… ehehe” Twilight said looking away. Link waved it away.

“It’s fine. I can understand that.” Twilight smiled and flew up to Link, giving him a hug.

“Thanks.” She said happily. He returned the hug and set her down.

“So what all can you do Link?” Rainbow Dash asked walking over.

“I’m pretty good with a sword and shield” he said pulling out his shattered sword. “I’d show, but… well, my sword broke when fighting that machine.” Twilight took it with her magic and looked it over.

“I bet Applejack might be able to mend it, or replace it altogether as well as give you a shield.” She said handing it back to him.

“It’s near morning now. She should be up now, so let’s head over there!” Rainbow Dash said flying out the door.

“Does she always move that fast?” Link asked as he and Twilight walked after her.

“You have no idea” Twilight said chuckling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was nearly daylight by the time the trio reached the farm. As Rainbow Dash predicted, Applejack was out in the field already doing her chores.

“HEY AJ!” Rainbow shouted flying to her friend. Applejack turned around and offered a brohoof to her friend.

“Well Howdy there Sugarcube! I’m surprised you’re up this early in the morning RD.” She said chuckling noticing Twilight walking up behind her. “Now Twilight I’m used to being up this early… or should I say late.” She said jokingly as she and Rainbow Dash started laughing.

“Ha ha, very funny Applejack. This isn’t a social visit actually. We were wondering if you could help out our new friend.” Twilight said motioning to Link as he walked over after eating an apple. Applejack looked the stranger up and down.

“What in tarnation?” she asked.

“Applejack, this is Link.” Twilight said as Link kneeled down and offered his hand. Applejack nervously extended her hoof and shook it.

“It’s a Pleasure to meet ya Link. Where ya from exactly?” she asked as he sat down on a bale of hay.

“I’m… from a time before Equestria was founded.” Link said as he pulled out his shattered sword. “I was wondering if you might be able to fix my sword.” He said showing her the damaged blade. Applejack looked it over and shook her head.

“Sorry partner. That there blade is rusted. No point in fixing a blade that’s gonna break again within a few swings.” She replied as she handed it back to him. “However, my Brother Big Mac and I can craft ya a replacement sword. Normally Id charge for something like this, but seeing as your new in town, it’s on the house. Anything else ya need while we work?” Link smiled at the offer. Never before had anyone ever offered him something. He always had to pay. And he would of payed for his weapons, but his old wallet must have vanished to the ages of time.

Thinking real quick, he nodded and replied, “I’d also like a shield to defend myself, and maybe a bow? From what I’ve seen out there, I’ll need both to stay alive.”

Applejack nodded and trotted over to the barn and spotted Big Mac getting his plow ready. “Hold off on that Big Mac. Weve got ourselves some crafting to do!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link sat outside the barn waiting as Twilight had begun writing a letter. Rainbow Dash had flown back home to take a nap before she performed her weather duties for the day. Link turned to Twilight noticing what she was doing and asked, “So who are you writing?”

Twilight looked up at him and replied, “To Princess Celestia. I have a feeling she might want to meet you Link.” She said with a smile. Link blushed at the thought and scratched the back of his head.

“I’m not sure shed want to meet me” he said bashfully only for the ground to suddenly rumble. “What the?” He exclaimed standing up looking towards the West Apple Field. Suddenly a Laser beam fired at the barn blowing a hole in it.

“LINK” Twilight shouted as the blast knocked her away. Link watched as she slammed into a tree and slide to the ground. Looking around, Link spotted an ax and grabbed it, running over to Twilight.

“Are you ok?” he asked leaning her against the tree. Twilight looked at him and nodded slowly.

“I’ll be fine.” She said slowly. “Go see what that was.” Link nodded and ran in the direction of the laser.

Applejack ran out to see what happened before spotting Twilight against the tree. “Twilight! What in tarnation happened?” She shouted running over.

“I’m not sure… some beam shot out from the west field and Link went to investigate.” Twilight said before finally passing out.

“HE WHAT?” Applejack screamed running back into the barn to fetch his gear she and Big Mac just finished crafting and ran after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link arrived at the field and drew the ax he grabbed looking around. He didn’t spot whatever shot that beam at him and Twilight, but he did hear something. Link crouched and moved forward hiding in the grass. Slowly looking over the grass, he noticed a camp fire with some Moblins huddling around it. “Great” he mumbled to himself. “These guys are still a thing.” Gripping his ax, he moved forward trying to sneak up on them. However he suddenly heard the sound of hoofs running. The Moblins heard this as well and turned to the sound. Applejack ran over the hill carrying Link’s new gear and stopped at what she saw. The Moblins grinned and grabbed their weapons, screaming at her and began running at her.

“Oh Apple Sause” she muttered getting ready to defend herself only to see Link leap out of the grass, ax in hand and in a battle potion.

“HEY!” he yelled getting the Moblins attention. “How about you pick on someone your own size?” The Moblins screamed at him and begun running at him, weapons swinging randomly. Link gripped his ax and swung, knocking three of them down, before leaping up, spinning vertically, hitting the ground before a fourth Moblin, knocking it into a tree, killing it instantly. Applejack watched as Link then swung the ax behind his back as the other three Moblins got back up and snarled at him as a fifth and final one appeared, the four of them charging at him. In amazement, Applejack stared as Link swung the ax into a spin attack, destroying the Moblins. Applejack trotted down to Link as he turned to her.

“Well I’ll be, that was some excellent skills ya showed off there partner!” Applejack exclaimed as Link set the ax down.

“Thanks.” Link said sitting down and asked, “What are you doing out here?” Applejack turned and grabbed Link’s gear.

“I figured you might need this. We just finished after you ran off.” She said as she handed the gear to him.

“Thank You Applejack.” Link said as he put his new equipment on. Suddenly the ground began to shake as another laser beam shot out from behind a hill, nearly hitting Link and Applejack. Link looked up and frowned. Another Machine appeared from behind the hill, clawing its way towards him. Applejack saw this and began to stumble back in fear. She looked at Link in surprise not seeing fear on him. She watched as he ran forward, grabbing a few arrows from the Moblin’s camp site and put it into his bow, leaping onto the fence high into the air. Time seemed to slow down to Applejack as Link managed to fire three arrows off in seconds, hitting the massive Machine in its eye, stopping it from firing its laser. He then drew his sword and shield, swinging down, cutting one of its legs off, rolling forward and cutting two more of them off. The Machine stumbled back and forth abit before collapsing under its own weight. Link stood up and looked his foe over satisfied it was down before returning to Applejack.

“That… That was incredible Sugarcube!” She said with delight as he put his weapons away.

“Just doing my duty.” Link said kneeling down. “You ok?” he asked as she nodded.

“I’m fine, but I think Twilight is the one you should be worried about.” She said to Link, who nodded in agreement. The duo ran back to Twilight only to find her standing at the top of the hill in shock from watching the fight.

“Twilight, are you ok?” Link asked as he approached her. Twilight nodded and stared at the machine.

“That was a Guardian… And you took it down without even trying…” She said in shock.

Link blinked and asked, “What’s a Guardian?”

“They were supposed to be our protectors from when Equestria was founded thousands of years ago. But they went offline about one thousand years ago.” Twilight explained.

Link nodded and looked at the remains of the Guardian he destroyed. “So what’s making them return to power… just to attack me?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“SPIKE!” Twilight shouted as she and Link entered her castle. Spike ran out from the kitchen towards Twilight and skidded to a halt.

“Yes Twilight?” he asked as she floated a letter to him.

“I need you to send this letter to Princess Celestia immediately. We’re heading to Canterlot now to talk with her and figure out why Link here has arrived.” Spike was about to send the letter when he noticed Link standing near the door.

“Uh, ok.” He said before breathing fire onto the letter, causing the ashes to fly towards Canterlot. Link raised his hand to ask what he did, but lowered it seeing as though with how strange this day had been, shrugged it off.

“Come on Link, we better head to the train station quickly.” Twilight said running out the door. Link nodded following her.

Spike sighed and headed back into the kitchen. “Let’s hope he gets warned about Pinkie Pie before she scares him.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link and Twilight stepped out of the train car into the streets of Canterlot. Link looked around to see all the ponies sticking their muzzles high into the air clearly thinking they were better than everypony else.

Twilight looked at Link and whispered, “Sometimes I wish Somepony would trip one of them while they walked around like that, make them actually look where they are going.” She then giggled as Link gave a small chuckle and the pair made their way towards Canterlot Castle. Link made his way through the crowds of ponies, not one even caring he existed. As he neared the park however, he heard a smashing of glass and an alarm going off. Turning around, he saw a griffon wearing a black mask leap out of a jewelry store, carrying a sack on its back. As Link expected, none of the ponies around even cared.

Link sighed, figuring he’d have to step in. “HEY!” He shouted, causing the griffon to freeze up and turn around. The griffon smirked and gave a deep chuckle.

“What, Have I fallen so low that Canterlot has decided to send a monkey after me? Pathetic!” The griffon said spitting at Link. Link frowned and drew his sword and shield out.

“Return what you have stolen and I’ll let you go.” Link said gripping his sword as the Griffon laughed.

“Nice try Monkey, but, I’m afraid I’ll have to decline.” He said before spreading his wings and flying straight at Link.

“Then so be it.” Link said before leaping into the Griffon’s flight path, thrusting his shield forward bouncing him off it and into a nearby building, but not before swinging his sword and knocking the bag of jewels to the ground. Link landed on the ground and spun around, pointing the tip of his sword at the Griffon. “Surrender.” Link said to him only for the sound of spears to be pointed at him.

“We could say the same to you buddy.” A voice said behind him. Link turned around slowly to see an army of Unicorn’s and Pegasus’s behind him. “Leave the Griffon alone monster, and come with us.” The lead Unicorn said pointing his spear at Link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Next case, Jewel thief. All Rise!” Princess Luna said as Night Court continued. Everypony rose as two unicorns pushed Link into the courtroom. “You may be seated.” Luna said as everypony sat down. Link looked at the Alicorn standing behind the pedestal and frowned.

‘This is the last time I save a random building’ He thought to himself as Luna looked over her notes.

“So… You were attempting to steal these valuable jewels from The Canterlot Jewelry, and then attempted to hurt a griffon in the progress?” Luna asked looking up at the young man before her.

Link shook his head and replied, “No ma’am. I was heading towards Canterlot Castle with Twilight Sparkle to speak with Princess Celestia when I heard The store being robbed and ran to stop the thief seeing as nobody here seemed to care.”

Luna frowned and looked at the guard. “Is this true?” she asked, to which the unicorn gulped.

“Uh, we only arrived in time to see him put this weapon at the Griffon’s throat.” He said showing her his weapons.

Luna turned back to Link and asked frowning, “What exactly are these for?”

Link looked at them and back to her responding, “Those are my weapons, handmade by Applejack and her Brother Big Mac. I used to be a knight for the Kingdom of Hyrule many years ago.”

Luna gasped and asked, “Hyrule? You mean… THE Hyrule? The one from before Equestria was founded?” Link nodded and Luna continued, “So… does that mean… You’re the Legendary Hero? The one who fought the Demon King?” Again, Link nodded before hanging his head.

“Some Hero I was. Couldn’t save the Hylian Race, and the gods of old never answered my prayer, instead locking me away in a mountain on the other side of what you call the Everfree Forest for thousands of years.” Link said in shame. Luna frowned and approached Link. Slowly, she put her horn to his forehead and it began to glow. She looked into his mind and frowned at what she saw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ganon’s Tower- Ten Thousand Years ago

Link drew the Master Sword from its scabbard and slowly approached Ganondorf, lying on his back defeated. Link suddenly heard Ganondorf chuckle darkly as the Triforce appeared on him, glowing as a dark arura surrounded Ganondorf as he suddenly transformed before Link’s very eyes! Gone was the Demon King, now stood a beast of pure evil. It reared on its back legs and roared into the air, screaming, “I… AM… GANON!!!” Link gripped the Master Sword and Hylian Shield as the roar shook the very ground he stood on. Ganon slowly rose into the air and slammed his claws together causing a lightning storm to form, striking all of Hyrule. He then looked down at Link and growled, inhaling before breathing fire at The Hero.

Link ran around Ganon before rolling into a safe spot and pulling out his Hookshot and shooting at his tail, yanking him out of the sky. Ganon slammed into the earth with a thud as he roared at Link before slamming his claws into the ground as his tusks suddenly opened wide and begun spraying the knights and gorons on the field with an endless attack of seeds. Link dodged the seeds while pulling out his boomerang and flinging it at Ganon’s tusks, knocking both out. Ganon growled at Link before running straight at the Hero. Link leaped out of the way just in time as he smashed face first into Hyrule Castle. Ganon pulled himself out before opening his right claw, as a massive fireball began to form in his palm.

“Not gonna happen.” Link said before running forward, and tossing a massive stockpile of Bombs into his claw, blowing it up in the progress. Ganon fell back in pain and stared death daggers at Link. He then leaped high into the air only to slam down into the ground. Link managed to dodge just in time as Ganon took out nearly the remainder of the Hyrulian Army. Ganon raised his left claw and begun charging up an energy blast. Link ran for Ganon pulling his bow and arrow’s out just as he fired. Link managed to leap up into the air and fired off an arrow, managing to hit Ganon’s gauntlet’s jewel, shattering it as Ganon fell back.

“LINK!” A voice shouted out. Link turned and saw his allies and friends run up to him. “NOW IS THE TIME! USE THESE ON GANON!” The one in the middle, Princess Zelda, shouted before sending a beam of light into Link’s arrows. Link looked at them in amazement. Taking his new Light arrows, Link charged at Ganon, drawing his bow and arrow, only for Ganon to turn around at Link’s allies and stood on his hind legs only to drop both front claws on them, but not before Lana cast a spell sending Darunia, Ruto, Midna, Agitha, and Fi back to their respected times. Ganon then crushed the remaining allies before turning to Link, grinning.

“I WIN. YOU SHALL BE THE LAST ONE TO DESTORY BEFORE THE HYRULIAN RACE IS WHIPPED OUT FOREVER!” Ganon roared. Link, filled with anger, raised his bow to Ganon and fired straight into the crystal on his forehead, stunning him long enough for Link to charge in with the Master Sword, leaping high into the air as his blade glowed holy blue and he struck Ganon down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna stepped back, her horn returning to normal as she looked into Link’s eye’s. Eye’s filled with bravery. The eye’s of a beast, of a child, of a Hero, one who had traveled many lands, fought in different time era’s. Eye’s devoid of fear, but filled with pure courage.

“Let this Young Man go.” Luna said turning towards the unicorn guard.

“Y-Yes Ma’am!” The guard said casting a spell releasing the bonds on Link instantly.

“Link, is it?” Luna asked him to which he nodded. “Follow me. I shall take you to my sister and Princess Twilight.”

Author's Note:

Special Thanks to DrSilverDusk and Wintermoon for suggesting what to happen for this chapter!