• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 3,254 Views, 127 Comments

My Little Pony: Breath of the Wild - knigsonic



Link awakens after many years to a wide new land full of ponies in which he must defend it from the forces of evil once again.

  • ...
11
 127
 3,254

Death of a Family Member

Twilight gasped at the news while Link slowly raised his hand.

"Um, who was Sunset?" Rainbow pulled out her phone and pulled up a picture showing him.

"Sunset was a friend that we betrayed thinking she had gone back to her old ways... we refused to listen and kicked her out of Sugarcube Corner into the freezing cold when she tried to prove her innocent. That was the last we saw her alive... Turns out she returned to her apartment and took her life..." she told him before breaking down in tears. However, Link had stopped listening shortly after seeing the picture.

"She looks familiar..." He said quietly putting his hand to his face in thought. Soon Link closed his eyes as a memory he long forgotten begun playing in his mind.

-------------

Link stepped out of his house into the morning sun overlooking Kakariko village. “Better get to the Training Hall before Lady Impa shows up.” Link muttered before turning to his house and looking at the top floor.

“HEY SIS!” He yelled as a young woman stuck her head out, her fiery hair in a mess.

“Whats up Link?” She asked sipping her morning drink. “I'm heading to the Training Hall. Lady Impa wants the men to meet her down there for royal business. Think you can handle morning chores?” he asked as he put his training gear on.

“Sure thing Big Brother!” she said smiling and went back inside to get ready for chores as Link left for the Training Hall.

-------------

Link pulled himself out of the memory just in time to see Twilight burst into a fit of rage.
"How COULD YOU BETRAY HER LIKE THAT!?!?" She asked in rage as she got in their faces. "SHE WAS YOUR FRIEND! SHE WAS IN A GOOD POSITION IN HER LIFE? WHY WOULD SHE JUST TOSS ALL OF THAT BACK IN YOUR FACES?" She yelled at them, causing Link to grab her so she did not attack them. It was at that point Applejack's sister and her friends walked up smiling.

"Whats all the hubbub?" Scootaloo asked standing by her idol who was crying her heart out. Twilight was fumming as she looked at the trio.

"How are you three calm during all of this?" She asked raising her eyebrow. Sweetie Belle smiled brightly.

"Were just glad to have our sister's back!" She said hugging Rarity. Link stared at them in disbelief.

"Your not even upset your sisters lost their friend forever?" He asked.
"She deserved it." Apple Bloom said about to hold her sisters hand only for Applejack to turn around in shock.

"How can ya say that Applebloom? She was innocent!" She yelled at her sister who kept smiling. "She was, but she still stole y'all from us. And after all she did to the school before ya'll hit her with that rainbow, all she got as punishment was a slap on the wrist." Twilight finally stepped towards the trio, eyes narrow and almost set ablaze.

"It was you three, wasn't it? You three were Anon-A-Miss, weren't you?" She said so calmly it was scary. But they just kept smiling. "Ya, we are Anon-A-Miss." Scootaloo said triumphantly. Rainbow Dash stopped crying and looked at the three girls.

"You did this..." her said, her voice so calm, but at the same time full of rage. "IT WAS YOU WHO GOT HER TO KILL HERSELF!!!" She yelled about to strangle her only for to be held back Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Applebloom grinned and tried to hug Applejack.

"Isn't it great? Now we can spend all the time in the world together!" Twilight pulled Applejack back and stood in front of the trio rage burning off her.

"You three are monsters... you know that? It sickens me to see how corrupt you three are on this side... Your pony counterparts did this once, but they never went this far, never got someone to end it all, and if they did, they would of at LEAST felt bad!" She said calmly as Link held her back.

"Twilight... their not worth it..." he said causing her to turn in surprise. "They are lowest of the low. Right up there with the Demon king himself... they don't deserve your time, nor anyone's time." He said looking her dead in the eyes. "These girls, the ones who claimed to be your friends, while played the role of executioner, and deserve punishment, at least realise they were in the wrong." Twilight nodded and turned to the portal.

"Lets go Link..." she said. Link nodded and stepped through the gate as she turned back around. "Before I go and return this gate to having it open every three moons, a word of advise. Seperate yourself from such evil. I'd hate for you to end up like those three..." She said before stepping through. "We won't help you with anymore magical mishaps again."

---------------

Link got on one knee to Twilights level as she tore all the equipment off the mirror resealing it up. “I'm sorry this had to happen Twilight.” he said as she walked over carrying the journal she and Sunset wrote to each other from.

“I just wish there was something we could do…” she said only to look at Link. “Hang on, the thing that brought you back, could it be used to bring Sunset back?” She asked hopefully. Link got up and pondered as he took out his Shiekah Slate.

“It might be possible… however, how will we get it over there?” He asked looking through the functions on the Slate. Twilight stepped forward pointing to her horn. “ok, but that won't work on the other side. We need something to move it not just from the Chamber to the other world, BUT it must fit through the portal as well!” he said only for the Shiekah Slate to open up the map, showing a blue dot.

“Hmm? What's this do?” he asked tapping the dot only for his body to break apart. “huh? LINK!” Twilight yelled diving at him only to break apart as well.

------------

Twilight fell on her stomach as they appeared in the Shrine of Resurrection. “W-Where are we?” Twilight asked as Link looked around.

“This is where I woke up a few days ago… “ Linked said as the Shiekah Slate glowed as did the podium where Link obtained the Slate. “Guess it wants me to return it.” he said placing the Shiekah Slate onto it only for it to flip around until it laid screen up.

“DOWNLOADING SHRINE OF RESURRECTION.” A computerized voice came from the Shiekah Slate. Twilight watched as the Shrine Link was in began to break apart like they did a moment ago as a pillar came down from the ceiling and glowed blue. Soon what appeared to be a teardrop fell onto the screen, signaling the download was complete.

“Guess that solves that problem.” Link said pulling the Slate back out and onto his belt. “Now we need to hide it in the other world and place her in it.” Twilight nodded happily only to groan.

“Which means I have to put the machine back together and risk bumping into those traitors.” Link shook his head. “I'll go to the other side myself. They won't recognize me as much as you. Plus gives me a chance to see if Rarity finished my repairs.

-------------

Link stepped into Carousel Boutique only to spot Rarity walking to the door. “Oh! Link, I was just about to head towards Twilights! I'm finished with your clothes!” She said floating his clothes over. “Thank you Rarity. Give me a minute and I'll let you know how it feels.

------------

Link stepped out of the changing room a few minutes later stretching the new outfit. His blue shirt now had a sword design on it as well as the Triforce on the back of the neck as well. He now also had an undershirt with the sleeves going doing to his now glove covered wrists with an arm guard on his right arm. Finally, Rarity also made him a black hooded cape so he can hide his face when needed.

“Well darling? How do you like your new Champions Tunic?” she asked in suspense. “Not gonna lie, this fits MUCH better than your first Tunic… No offense.” Link said trying not to anger her.

“Puh-Lease darling, that outfit was meant for a young child, not an adult. The fact you could wear it to begin with is a miracle. Still, I might do an update on it for you in case the Champions Tunic falls apart.”

-------------

Soon Link hopped back through the portal, now that it was night on the other side and opened up his Shiekah Slate. “Now to find the perfect spot to place you…” he muttered as he ran down the street away from the school as a mysterious figure watched from the rooftop.

“Hmmm, so my theory was correct…” She said pushing her mask up as her one eye followed Link. “Shame I must destroy this “Champion” before he can save this dimensions Sunset…” she said before glitching out of existence.

Author's Note:

Ok, we finally get to see some info on Link's past life, showing he had a sister growing up. Big shocker, its Sunset. Aaaaand shes dead already... well shit. Also heres hoping this masked stranger(which Im sure you all know who it is if youve read my other stories) doesnt stop Link's mission to revieve Sunset.
-------------
Ok, I just wanted to use this chapter to show how Sunset got revieved in her side of this story and to add on to both Her and Link's backstory before he went to war. Next chapter will continue with a battle against this masked being as well as getting Celestia's first test.