• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 6,379 Views, 166 Comments

What is the heart? - Skiddlez

  • ...
18
 166
 6,379

Chapter 7

So, Grimmjow is free of his enchantment.

“That extremely RUDE Grimmjow is free, sister? That should be impossible.”

“Luna, I know that.”

Oh, ME, I could use Discord’s chocolate rain. And some cake. Especially that ‘Captain Diabeetus’, that was the best cake EVER.

“If you’ll excuse me, Luna, I’ll be in Room 3B.”

“Good luck getting him to talk.”


Discord was still in the statue gardens- Celestia could afford it, what with the new seal. His look of abject terror wasn’t what he looked like on the inside.
Discord had allowed the three fillies to free him because he was bored of his facial expression- that made him look too much like a hero. He’d always liked the alicorns and ponies- he refused to take a life, as that would be too BORING. Celestia often talked to him, in his little, self-contained world within the statue.

Touching the statue with her horn, she entered Discord’s world.

He’d changed the laws of thermodynamics, physics and gravity around a bit, but otherwise it was identical to a large, chocolate donut.

“Ah, Celestia, what an honour it is to meet you again! It’s been, what, five days since we last talked-“

“Can it. Chocolate rain. NOW.”

Discord looked bored with the usual order, but snapped his fingers anyway.

“So you’ve changed your appearance to human now?” Were the last words before the chocolate rain of deliciousness fell and she had to focus on the deliciousness.

“Well, with two humans running rampant through Equestria, I felt it was appropriate.”

“Sho it wash another human”

“Mouth full. DID NOT WANT.”

“Shince when are you concherned about that?” Both of them had a laugh at that.
Then Discord turned serious.

“Celestia, do you want me to give you this news before or after you finish your milk?”

She waved a hoof at him dismissively.

“Shure, shure, hit me.”

Discord punched Celestia in the mouth, causing her precious chocolate milk bounty to be forcefully expelled.

‘I DIDN’T MEAN LITERALLY!”

Discord chuckled a bit.

“If you really want to know… the Changeling armies are starting to move. I thought that you might want to know that. Also… you have a changeling in Canterlot.”

Celestia saw no point in asking Discord who was the changeling. He’d give you the correct answer, in an annoyingly complicated riddle, but you’d only learn what the answer was when you’d already made your mistake.

“Thanks for the milk.”

Discord took a bit of her mane out, rolled it up, lit it on fire and stuck it into his mouth.

“Just have fun. Get chance and luck!”


Princess Celestia had finished Captain Diabeetus by herself, leaving an unsightly bulge in her stomach.

“Thank me for teleportation spells” she woozily said before staggering off to the Royal Bedroom to sleep off her own bodyweight in sugary confection. Levering the door open with her magic, she was greeted with the sight of her throne being sat in (rather awkwardly) by a humanoid being wearing her spare crown.

“ALL BOW BEFORE THE KING OF THIS WORLD!”

Princess Celestia just stared at him, before saying, “what.”

“You heard me.”

By now, Celestia was in half a mind to call the Elements of Harmony here to send this creature to the moon, but the cake was telling her to sleep. She tried, one time, to give this creature a chance to redeem himself.

“I am Princess Celestia, the ruler of Equestria. You have no claim to it.”

“I claim to be king because I have discovered TWO rare birds. Wanna see em?”

He flipped her off with both hands.

“I can see that you can’t take a message.”

She felt an appropriate punishment was in the Carousel Boutique. Of course, she could turn him into stone, but given how well that had turned out, this was probably better.
Teleporting them both there, she immediately found Opalescence.

“Get in the cat.”

“Listen I’m not THAT kind of guy-“

She transplanted his soul into the cat. She’d be a bit more vicious, but would anypony really notice?


“...And that’s the story of how I was a cat.”

Rarity had fainted three times, Sweetie Belle just nodded, Twilight Sparkle just twitched a little (still in shock over some of the words Grimmjow had used to describe ‘Princess Celery’) and Ulquiorra had facepalmed.

“You flipped off an immortal goddess.”

“Well, yeah.”

“WHY WOULD YOU DESCRIBE HER AS ‘BLOATED’?”

“She was kinda bloated. She was three feet wide!”

“Was I really?”

Grimmjow and Twilight Sparkle jumped a mile into the air.

“BLOODY FUCK, PRINCESS CELERY, DON’T DO THAT!”

“I kinda have to agree with you on that, Grimmjow. You scared us, Princess!”

“Grimmjow, is that your name? Now answer the question. Was I really three feet wide?”

“Yes.”

“At least you’re honest.”

“So you’re the ruler of this world.”

Celestia turned around to the other human, who for his part just stared at her with respect. He bowed down.

“Honoured to finally meet you.”

“Hey, what gives?”

“Do you want to have something worse happen to you?”

“NO.”

“Then shut up.” Grimmjow looked angry, but followed Ulquiorra’s request.

“You’re more sensible than Grimmjow is, that’s for sure.”

Ulquiorra decided to press his luck.

“Apart from me and Grimmjow, have any others like us shown up?”

“Yes. A tall and thin one did appear, shortly after Grimmjow in fact. However, he’s been dealt with. He’s currently enjoying a permanent tour of Tartaurus.”

“I see. Thank you. I assure you Grimmjow will NOT be any trouble.”

“How’s that, Emo-clown?” For answer, Ulquiorra nudged Twilight into giving an answer.

“You’re going to be kept in check by the Elements of Harmony.”

“Elements of harmony? What the fuck are they?”

“Only the most powerful magical artefacts in Equestria.” Was the smug answer of Twilight Sparkle.

Rarity jumped up like a bolt of lightning.

“Well, Ulquiorra, I have your new change of clothes ready.”

“Well, Twilight, I’ll see you later on, then.”

Ulquiorra examined the clothes. A dark green, short-sleeved top, a white scarf, pale green belt and black, skinny jeans were his new change of clothes.

“Well, what do you think?”

“They’re good.”

As he took off his jacket to put on his new shirt, every pony stared at his chest, for some reason.

Ulquiorra also had a hole- at the base of his throat, in the very centre of his chest. On the left side of his chest, a large 4 was tattooed in black on his pale chest.

“You’ve both got holes, so why are they in different places?”

“Aesthetics.”

“What.”

“The Hollow hole changes place for one’s sense of aesthetics.”

“Really?” Rarity looked curious about this revelation.

‘So, what is the ‘Hollow Hole’ for?”

“It shows the place where our chain of Fate was.”

Twilight looked perplexed. “Chain of Fate?”

“When a human, or any living creature dies, they gain a Chain of Fate, which slowly detoriates. When it is completely gone, you turn into a Hollow, a being with no heart. But if you eat enough souls-“

“You ate souls?” Rarity summoned her fainting couch and collapsed on it dramatically.

“Well, we don’t have to anymore. But if you get to the level of Gillian, and then Adhuchas… you can reacquire your emotions, if you really want to.”


“Well, Celestia? How did it go?”

“The Elements of Harmony will keep Grimmjow in check.”

“Say what you will about Grimmjow, at least he didn’t attempt to kill a Fillydelphia school tour because they got in his way. Not like that ‘Nnoitora’ creature. That grin…”

“Well, Ulquiorra will look after Grimmjow and the Elements. Now, Luna, for the bad news. A Changeling is in Canterlot, according to Discord. I don’t know who, I don’t know where, but Discord is never wrong about such things.”

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment as to what you think, criticism helps!