• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 6,379 Views, 166 Comments

What is the heart? - Skiddlez

  • ...
18
 166
 6,379

Chapter 4

Ulquiorra was currently staring at the wall. It was beautiful in its emptiness. It was almost as beautiful as the white tree that he’d cracked his mask on. It had nothing like the pink demon that had been following him. Now, there were no ponies interfering with his thoughts. All was nothing.


“What do you mean, you won’t go?”

Twilight looked at her like it was obvious.

“I’ve just been around Ponyville solving friendship problems for the Princess!”

“You’re a real workaholic, aren’t you?”

“Ye-NO! Very funny, Lyra. But I’m really tired. I helped Pinkie Pie with party shopping for this ‘new pony.’”

“Ah. Say no more about it. I completely understand. But the Cutie Mark Crusaders are with me, and Fluttershy is apparently with them as well, so please?” Lyra was employing the Puppy-dog eyes, but Twilight was adamant.

“Sorry, Lyra. Get Applejack to help instead.”


“Well, Sugarcube, while ah wouldn’ do this normally, ah’ll help ya out, as mah sister is goin’ in there!”

“YAY! HUMANSHUMANSHUMANSHUMANSHUMANSHUMANS HUMANS!”

Eventually, the two Elements of Harmony, Lyra and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were ready to go.

“Lyra, why’ve you got that camera?” Lyra was also sparkling like mad.

‘So I can take pictures of his hands! Do you know how useful they are?” As Lyra launched into a lecture about why hands were useful, mainly about what she guessed hands were useful for, Fluttershy felt nervous.

I’m sorry… creature, about scaring you like this.


“Ah, welcome… Arrancar number four. I wonder, could you tell me what your name is?”

He had been without a mouth for so long. His Vasto Lorde form had possessed no mouth, although he could still consume reishi. But now… he had a mouth for the first time in his memory. It was a strange feeling.
He stood up, and looked at Aizen.

‘… Ulquiorra… Schiffer.”

“Well, that’s a good name. Assume your duties as soon as you’re dressed.”

“Of course… Aizen-Sama.”


Lyra looked bored.

“How much longer is this going to TAKE!”

‘We’ve been walking for five seconds. He ran off when you photographed him, so what did you expect? That he’d run towards us immediately?”

“Do you know his name?”

“No, but-“

“I bet it’s something cool, like ‘Joe’ or ‘Tom’!” Lyra was now squealing with excitement, and looked like she was happier.

Unfortunately, the Everfree forest was a dangerous place to be cheerful and loud in. A lone wolf howled in the distance, and was quickly followed by other howls through the air.

“Me and my big mouth…”

Ulquiorra’s presence had greatly decreased the wolf attacks in the area, but they were still there, and they were still a problem. Ulquiorra could see that the small group of ponies were coming here quickly.

These ponies can be such a bother.

By the time they’d reached the clearing, it was too late. The wolves were now circling the group of ponies, waiting for a moment of weakness in the small herd.

“How many can you take?”

Lyra grimaced.

“I can take a couple, but I don’t think that the fillies could.”

The Crusaders were huddled up, protected by the older ponies. Fluttershy was trying to communicate with the wolves, but wasn’t being understood- wolves hated ponies. One of the wolves attacked, unwisely. Lyra quickly levitated the wolf and threw it at the rest of the pack. Applejack had already bucked several wolves in the snout. The alpha male was hanging back, coordinating the strike. They could hold off the attack for a while, but eventually, they’d be eaten. Finally, the wolves got a lucky strike in against Applejack, causing her to stumble. The wolf charged the small fillies…

‘BOOM.’

Fluttershy opened her eyes. The white creature had pierced the wolf’s skull with his hand. He slid the corpse off his hand and said one word.

“Trash.”

Another wolf attacked him. He blocked the attack with his hand, and then flicked his hand at it, and most of the wolf’s torso disappeared in a spray of blood. Another wolf tried to attack him from behind, but he turned around, flicked his hand, and killed the wolf.
Applejack couldn’t believe it. This creature moved like he was in complete control of his body, like the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000- every part working in perfect synchronisation, effortlessly killing these creatures.

The alpha male charged at him, building up speed. Ulquiorra flicked a few bala at him, but the wolf dodged. No matter. He wouldn’t miss this time. He lifted his hand up, and focused spiritual energy at the tip of his finger, and then releasing the cero at point blank range.

The green blast of energy was unlike anything Lyra had seen. Only really high-level offensive spells compared to it, and they weren’t as easy to fire as that- only a high level magical duellist could fire a blast like that. The Cutie Mark Crusaders spoke in unison.

‘Whoa, that was AWESOME!”

Fluttershy had turned away from the group. That creature had killed them with no remorse, no anger, and no laughter. He just killed them because they were in the way. He was coming over. She stiffened, expecting death.

Instead, she felt a gentle pressure on her head. She looked up at his face. There was something there- a slight change in his demeanour. He seemed to be sad about something.

‘Are you alright?”

“Y-yes, I’m fine.”

“Good.”

He turned to leave, but Fluttershy stopped him.

“Could you please escort us back, please?”

“I’m sorry, but I cannot do that.”

“Please?” she whispered.

He looked at the ground, then at the sky. Eventually he turned to Fluttershy.

“Alright.”

He was immediately glomped by Lyra.

“You are coming home with ME, right now.” With that, she zoomed off to Ponyville, with Ulquiorra just accepting his fate.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment as to what you think, criticism helps!