• Published 10th Jun 2016
  • 4,521 Views, 126 Comments

The Hero They Need - MetalJrock



Batman ends up in a world of colorful talking ponies.

  • ...
8
 126
 4,521

Hideout

Batman rolled on the ground, avoiding being eaten, 'Well that answers my earlier question...' he had discovered that the cave was occupied by a strange wolf made of wood, 'No wonder I didn't detect any vitals or a heartbeat in there despite seeing a living creature. They're made of wood. Now to only figure out how they're alive and able to think.'

The timberwolf howled, angered at not getting Batman. The Dark Knight growled at him. "You wanna take a bite out of me? Go on!" he threatened it. As the timberwolf charged at him, Batman revealed his explosive gel and laid some of it on the ground. Once the timberwolf was close enough, Batman pressed a button on the spray, causing the creature to explode at an instant.

'As much as I hated doing that... You were trying to eat me. Hopefully you can regenerate.' he assured the broken creature, which reassembled on the spot, catching the vigilante off guard. 'Of course he did...' he sighed inwardly.

Instead of the timberwolf chasing him again, it ran off leaving the cave empty. "Stay out!" he yelled, walking into the cavern quietly, as the monster ran off into the distance.

Upon entering the cave, Batman activated a light, allowing him to see through the darkness within, 'I should set up a torch on the wall once I get firewood. First thing tomorrow, I'm looking for Ra's... But I need to find food first...'

Placing his light in a crevice on the wall, the Dark Knight knelt down, removing his cowl and wiped the sweat off of his head. 'You know that this is pointless, don't you?' a strange voice asked. Immediately, Batman placed his cowl over his head and jumped up once he heard the voice speak to him.

"Who are you!? How did you find me!?"

Batman looked down to see a radiant pony with a hood over their head, face him, 'Do not worry, I am not an enemy. But I must say, you are doing a good job at making the ponies of this world hate you.' she mocked his efforts.

"They are in my way. I need to find Ra's as soon as I can without any distractions!" Batman snapped.

The hooded pony sighed, 'Have you ever thought to ask these ponies for your help without starting a fight? I have seen them work with the greatest of heroes.'

"Greatest of heroes? Who are you, exactly? You have three seconds before I break every bone in your body." threatened the Dark Knight, not in a mood for conversation. The hooded pony chuckled lightly at his empty threat.

'You may try, but you will not succeed. My name is Solar. I have been travelling across different worlds to find heroes for... A mission. My journey led me here to you, Batman. Now can you finally answer my question?'

"You got the wrong guy... I'm not here to join your team."

'Ah yes... That's what the Turtle Son told me as well when he first saw me. But you have something lost within this world, Batman.' Solar explained to him.

"Yeah? What?" he spat.

'I cannot say right now. But you learn what it is in due time. I will check on you again soon enough, as I must turn my attention to another hero. Hopefully you will heed my words and consider these ponies as allies and not distractions.' once she said that, Solar vanished, leaving Batman to think alone.

The Dark Knight grunted, 'The last thing this world needs is to get involved in my business. They're better off staying away from all of this while I handle it.' he thought. For now, he wanted to get firewood for the night. He got up from his spot and left his cave to find the pond and get the necessary wood to start a fire. 'I'll get that first, then worry about the water.'


"Wh-Why are we here, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked, hiding behind Pinkie Pie, who bounced without a care in the world in front of her while they followed their friends.

"Because this would be where the bat creature would likely hide, but the problem is finding out where he is." the alicorn answered the frightened pegasus. Fluttershy's eyes widened at thought of going against the creature in person.

"How do we even know this bat guy is even here?! For all we know, he could still be in Canterlot!" Rainbow Dash questioned, crossing her hooves while flying above the others.

Twilight answered, "From the way Celestia explained it from the story thr guard told her, the creature looked to be in a hurry and ran off. He thinks that he's safe just because he got away, but he will answer for what he did to those guards."

"I agree Twilight," Rarity began, "But where does one even begin to look for a bat creature around the end of Ponyville?" the unicorn wondered about such a topic. They had been out in the forest for what felt like hours and the smell was really starting to get to her, and she gagged slightly, holding her nose with her hoof.

A scared timberwolf then zoomed by them, whimpering and ignoring the ponies as it passed. Applejack was the first to comment at the sight they had just witnessed, "Uh... What the hay was that?" the farmpony asked, pointing at the fleeing timberwolf.

"Oh the poor thing looked so scared..." Fluttershy whimpered, putting her hooves over her mouth.

"Yeah! Who can scare something as scary as a timberwolf? Unless a bigger timberwolf said a mean thing to him, and then after that it ran away! Or maybe the bat creature fought it off himself in order to continue running away!" Pinkie shouted as she did her best to explain the timberwolf situation.

"Hmm... You may be on to something there, Pinkie." Twilight complimented her pink friend.

Dash chuckled, "What? A bigger timberwolf said a mean comment to it and cried like a baby?" she laughed.

The alicorn shook her head, "No. About the bat pony. Maybe he showed up here and fought it off one it tried to attack him." she deduced, realizing that it would make sense.

"But how did he manage to fight off something as wild and powerful as a timberwolf?" Rarity pondered, seeing said creature howl once it stopped in its tracks in pain. "He must be really strong to do so." she added. The unicorn stepped over a muddy puddle.

"Wait a minute... Fluttershy, don't timberwolves usually live in caves?" Twilight realized. The shy pegasus nodded to her question, earning a smile. Her knowledge of animals really gave them an advantage they needed right now.

"So, we just follow the opposite of where he went?" Applejack deduced her friend's plan, "But how do we even know that a timberwolf like that would even live in a cave? Hay, one of 'em just attacked me outta the blue for no reason." she reminded Twilight.

Twilight sighed, "I know, Applejack, but this is the best lead we got to finding the bat," she said, "It he's not there, then we'll check one more time tomorrow night."

And so, the six ponies followed the trail of the timberwolf's footsteps. It led them to the entrance of a cavern in the middle of the forest. Twilight was the first to step inside. All of them exclet Fluttershy followed, "Oh, um... You girls can go ahead... I-I'll stay o-out here to... Make sure that nothing attacks!" she quickly and poorly lied, afraid to see what was inside of the cavern.

"Okay! Have fun, Fluttershy!" Pinkie cheered.

Her friends saw through her ruse quickly, and Rainbow Dash was the first to respond, "C'mon, Fluttershy! We'll be together on this! Nothing will hurt us in there! Heh, they gotta make sure they can catch me if they want to hurt you or the others."

Fluttershy perked upon hearing Rainbow's comment, "Okay... I'll come along." she finally stepped inside with her friends and the six continued their search for the bat.

"There's a fire in here..." Twilight noticed. The fire looked to just have been recently lit judging by how bright the flame was. "He's definitely here." she figured out, using her hoof to search for any new leads to help find him.

"Uh, Twi?" Applejack got the purple pony's attention. On the wall was a small bat insigna, and a small light shaped like a bat inside of a hole in the wall. "He's been in here. Now the question is, where the hay is he right now?"

Suddenly, something nearly hit the ponies and slammed into the wall. The six turned their heads to see it. It was a black bat-shaped projectile stuck to the wall. Their eyes went wide, realizing that they had been found and not the other way around. The six turned their heads back and faced the entrance.

A shadow figure with a bat on his chest growled, "Get the hell out of here. Now." he ordered.