• Published 10th Jun 2016
  • 4,498 Views, 126 Comments

The Hero They Need - MetalJrock



Batman ends up in a world of colorful talking ponies.

  • ...
8
 126
 4,498

Recovery Process

Batman sat down on his bed, still feeling the sting of the wound Owlman gave him during their fight. He noticed the red tint n his gauntlet once he removed his hands from the spot, 'I need something to wrap this with. Then again, I have suffered worse before.' he stood up, looking over his desk to see if anything could be of use, 'Nothing. Perfect. I need to get this covered before I get infected.'

Walking out of the door, Batman saw Twilight and decided to speak, "I need something to cover my wound." he said bluntly, getting the mare's attention.

Twilight gave him a questioning glance, "Um... Okay..." she said, unsure of how to respond. She left the hallway for a moment, leaving the Dark Knight alone to wait. She came back with a roll of bandages lifted with her magic. "Here." she said, allowing Batman to grab the roll. He held it in his hand and walked back into the room, closing the door behind him.

The vigilante removed his cowl for a brief moment, easing the process of removing the torso of his costume. He placed his hands on the area, seeing the dry remains of blood still on his gauntlet. 'This should do the trick.' he said. Batman pulled out a small amount of bandage, wrapping it around his body and covering the area Owlman scratched. 'That should allow the wound to heal faster.' he thought, putting down the roll on his desk.

He put back on his cowl, looking over the costume, which had five large tears of equal size and shape, able to expose his body on his costume. Sighing, he he held up the torso and once he looked back at his desk, the vigilante realized that he had no materials around him to repair the kevlar suit.

With a groan, he stood back up, costume in hand. He took one last glance at the tears. 'Alfred would usually be able to do this when I wasn't available... Now, I have nothing to use to fix it. My enemies could see that I'm wounded and find the spot. I can't have that right now.' he thought, walking out of his room again.

Batman immediately noticed Spike heading in the same direction as he was, a noticable bounce in each step, "And where are you going?" he asked the dragon.

Spike shrugged, "To help Rarity. She said something about needing a helper in making some more clothes. I'm just happy to help her in anyway I can." he sighed happily. The drake noticed the rips in Batman's suit, "Uh, y'know, she can probably patch that up if possible." he suggested to the Dark Knight.

"Good. Hand it to her."

Raising a brow, Spike replied, "Uh, I don't think I'll be able to carry something like that over to her. She'd probably gush or talk about how it looks. You should come along."

"Fine." was all Batman said.


"Thank you for bringing this to me!" beamed Rarity, using her magic to lift the costume over a table, flattening it to see the tears, "Oh, the rips that Owlman had made are larger than I had thought. It should take no time at all to fix this."

Meanwhile, Batman hunched down on a chair, annoyed that he got stuck going with Spike to begin with. He noticed said dragon following every single command that was given to him almost immediately. Spike walked up to the focused white unicorn to hand her a needle and pin. She levitated a piece of string in front of her and stitched together the rips within Batman's costume. It was a tedious process, and to the Dark Knight, it felt like an eternity. "So, how are you, Batman?" she asked, trying to start a conversation, which was unnecessary for him.

"I'm okay." he forced himself to say.

"I noticed all of these rips, holes and tears on your suit... And on your body..." she muttered, "How often does something like this happen to you?"

Batman sighed, "Every night."

"Every night?" repeated Spike, "You go out in a bat costume and fight crime every day!?"

"Is there a problem?" questioned the Dark Knight.

Gulping, Rarity answered, "It's not that we have a problem with that... It's just... How?"

"How and why I do this is of no concern to you." the vigilante retorted. Once they saw that Batman was not in the mood for talking, Rarity and Spike quietly went back to fixing the suit. A little more time passed and the unicorn appeared to be finished, a satisfied smile was on her face.

"Done!" she cheered, using her magic to give Batman his suit. The Dark Knight nodded, acknowledging her effort. "It looks brand new!" she said. All of the rips and tears on his costume from his days in Equestria appeared to have been gone. "And can I add something?" she asked.

"Sure."

"That suit is pretty unique. Do you mind if I make you a new suit?"

"Whatever works." he replied.


Batman was making his way back to Twilight's castle, hoping to formulate a plan to find Ra's sooner rather than later. A rainbow trail sped past him, making him pause upon knowing it who it was, "What's up, Bats?" asked Rainbow Dash, flying next to the Dark Knight. When he didn't answer, she instead continued to speak, "So... What'cha doin'? Gotta say, the suit rocks! Can I become your partner in crime so I can get a sick costume like that?"

"I already have enough partners as it is." replied the Dark Knight.

Groaning, Dash flew forward, "Aw... But I can totally fight crime the way you do!"

"Probably. But I won't let you be my partner."

"But why not? Heck, I'll even take the sidekick name!"

"Maybe when I'm gone from this world... I'll let Pinkie take over." he taunted. The cyan pegasus noticed the thinnest of smiles on his face after saying that.

"Aw, come on!"