• Published 27th May 2016
  • 1,031 Views, 75 Comments

Prince Marshall - Mocha Jon



A new alicorn prince is revealed to be evil and has plans to over throw the princesses and become Equestria's one true king... Can our heroes stop him?

  • ...
38
 75
 1,031

Part 5

Shining Armor and Jon were heading over to another restaurant, Canterlot has more than Manhat... I mean Manehatten. Jon was seen rubbing his eyes frantically and in discomfort. He and Shining Armor's eyes did look their normal colors though.

"Man these contacts itch like crasy! I had that laser eye surgery for a reason, why are we wearing these again?" Jon asked, still rubbing his eyes, and accidentally moved a contact so half his eye was cyan and half was his 'natural' hazel.

"During my wedding Twi was the first person to notice my green eyes, it's just to keep us from getting caught." Shining Armor responded, also lightly rubbing his eye and fixing Jon's lense.

At the café, the girls were starting to complain, "Why exactly do we keep going out for food anyway?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well the private chef stayed in the Crystal Empire... and when I cook usually the things become burnt on the outside and stay frozen on the inside..." Cadence responded, blushing in embarrassment.

Pinkie Pie was seen pouring the entire contents of the sugar pourer into one small cup of tea then giving the drink to Flurry Heart, Cadence took it away instantly and splashed it onto Pinkie, to which she licked it up happily. Twilight was looking off into space blankly, lost in thought. When Fluttershy asked what was wrong, Twilight responded, "It's just, I feel like Marshall is up to something and I'm not sure what."

"Hold the phone! What's wrong? Cause I swear if you think he's evil I will fly right up to him and...!" Rainbow Dash yelled out and everypony, including some from other tables looked over and she just fell down in embarrassment. Their opinions have changed slightly and are more willing to accept Twilight's premonitions after she reminded them of Chrysalis.

"No, it's not that, I actually really want to see what he's got planned." They all looked confused at that.

"Wait, I thought you said he seemed iffy?" Spike asked.

"Well yeah, but he's just a little smug and proud really, and Rainbow Dash really taught me how to handle that," They all laughed at that, "Anyway, he told me that Cadence and I were turned into Princesses too easily, I mean we save Equestria a few times and Shining Armor did it on a daily basis and even he doesn't have wings." It turns out Marshall's words were starting to take a toll on Twilight for ways she didn't expect, she actually felt guilty for this, "Because we're mares we had it easier, I mean has Shining Armor ever felt, I don't know, left out about any of this?"

Cadence didn't seem worried or upset, "Honestly Shining Armor never once seemed to want to be a Prince, he's..." She began to respond.

"Why would somepony not want to be a Prince?" Rarity interjecte, to which Cadence ignored.

"He's always been happy respecting snd upholding the law but never really wanted to become the law, did he tell Marshall that?" She continued.

"I don't know, but maybe we're about to find out..." She said as she pointed over and exposed Shining Armor and Mocha Jon heading in their direction, looking angry.

"Hi honey, I didn't know you were heading over!" Cadence seemed excited to see her husband after all her girl time. Shining Armor nodded his head to the left and guided her in that direction to which she confusedly followed.

The group seemed confused to their angry expressions, Jon didn't even touch the uneaten ice cream sundae in front of him, "Hey if it isn't miss prissy princess, diamond coated make up bag, miss psycho balloons, ego storm, cry baby, redneck red apple, and girl who almost destroyed Eauestria." Jon said, referring to Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Starlight respectively. They seemed confused but not offended.

Over at Shining Armor and Cadence, Cadence was breaking into tears, "W-what? What do you mean you're leaving me!?" She asked heartbroken.

"It means I'm raking the yard to make a picture of you out of leaves, what do you think I mean?" Shining Armor responded sarcastically, "Our love is done, I'm tired of putting my life at risk all the time and having everypony always think you're their hero! I can't take it anymore!"

"But Shining... I..."

"I don't want to hear it, you can keep Flurry Heart too! An alicorn is clearly more important than a simple unicorn like me! Don't even show her pictures of us when she grows up!" He takes out a picture of the two and rips it in half, splitting the two up.

Cadence was crying and heartbroken. Shining Armor has never done anything like this and has never yelled at her before. In a desperate attempt to talk some sense into him, she fired a magic heart from her horn and tried to send it to Shining Armor, but he turned around and used his horn to put a force field around the heart that shrunk so much that the heart burst...

"Goodbye Cadence..." Shining Armor angrily said as he walked off.

Meanwhile, Mocha Jon was still yelling at the group, everypony looked shocked except for Pinkie Pie who just looked angry.

"Hey! You can't say things like that to us! You're nothing but a character written by some inexperienced writer! You can't do that and expect us to forgive you or have readers give nice comments!" Pinkie yelled out.

Jon ignored that and directed his attention toward Twilight, "And you! The worst of the bunch! It's bad enough you took pity on the lonely barista but you had to make him your third wheel! I'm not your friend, I'm just some lesson in friendship so you can impress Celestia! You didn't even bother to mention thank me in your speech!"

"Um actually that was just cause..." Starlight tried to awkwardly add in.

"Well guess what! You're not the Princess of Friendship because you just lost me as a friend!" He yelled out and followed Shining Armor back to the palace. Twilight and her friends certainly were shocked and surprised by this action, but none of them (except Pinkie) seemed to be truly hurt, in fact, they assumed something was wrong with him.

"Ya know, somethin's wrong with that boy, he yelled all that stuff but he didn't eat any of that ice cream there!" Applejack mentioned and everyone then freaked out at her mentioning Jon didn't eat the ice cream more than his yelling.

Cadence was crying strong tears and just took Flurry Heart and flew off.

Back at the palace, Marshall was pretending to throw a frisbee for Big Macintosh to chase, but really just put it behind his back, but Big Mac still tried to run after it. Needless to say he was laughing at that like there was no tomorrow. Shining Armor and Mocha Jon reentered the room then and Jon was relieved to finally get to take those itchy contacts out, revealing the hypnotized cyan eyes again, Shining Armor did the same thing and Big Mac stopped trying to find the frisbee.

"So did you two ruin your relationships with the mares like I asked?" Marshall asked them.

"No Master, we went out and wore those uncomfortable contacts because we were going to the roller derby." Jon responded sarcastically.

"Yes Master we did, Cadence was crying her eyes out begging me to take her back!" He said gloatingly initially but after he finished he ended with a saddened sigh, he still wanted to be with her despite the hypnosis.

"Very good, now I can start phase two of my plan! You're sure she didn't use her love spell to make you stay?" He responded.

"Nope." Shining answered.

"Nope? What in tarnation does that mean?" Big Macintosh asked in confusion.

"Wait what?" Stated a confused Mocha Jon, following Marshall whispered to him and Shining.

"He kept going 'Eeyup eeyup eeyup, nope nope nope...' over and over again, it was getting annoying so I temporarily erased those words from his memory, he'll remember them in about two hours, don't worry."

"So what did you and Big Mac do anyway? I mean did he yell at that ex girlfriend of his?" asked Shining.

"Oh no, we just had fun, played some games, ate some apples, even did some Patty-cake and..." Marshall began until Shining started making bawking chicken sounds and began pecking at the ground...

"Bawk, bawk bawk bawk..."

"Uh... Is he alright?" Big Mac asked.

"I said it before and I'll say it again, dude you're loco like cocoa!" Jon retorted and suddenly Shining Armor stopped that chicken act again and went back to normal, or at least his hypnotized by Marshall state.

"Loco indeed... I don't even want to know..." Marshall added in confusion.

"Now... If ya'll don't mind my askin' Master, why exactly did you need them to do that?" Big Mac asked Marshall, not remembering what he just said.

"All in good time my servant, I'll explain later... Now I have a date with the Princess of Amor..." He concluded as he walked out of the room and went to find Cadence...

In the chapel room of the palace the wedding was held, Cadence was sitting in one of the pews and was still sobbing to herself thinking of Shining Armor. Suddenly the doors opened and Marshall entered the room looking sympathatic.

"Señora Cadence...? What plagues your heart? Are you okay?"

Cadence turned around and the first thing she did when she heard his voice was rush right to him and gave him a strong hug which surprised him, he thought she would just say Hi. "Marshall, Shining left me! He came right up to me later and broke my heart in front of everypony! I thought we were soul mates but I meant nothing to him!" She resumed crying into him again, finding comfort in his presence.

"Mi Amor, that 'burro' does not deserve a beautiful creature like you. Your tender heart makes you worth much more than any Crystal Heart. Usted merece suficiente amor para hacer que su corazón el nuevo corazón de cristal." Marshall told Cadence, he wanted her to trust him and find him as a source of safety and love...

"Marshall, I know I don't understand your language but it was still beautiful...! Look," She sighed, "I need to tell you something..."

[original song here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU]

{Cadence}
Would you dance if I asked you to dance?
Would you run and never look back?
Would you cry if you saw me crying?
Would you save my soul tonight?
Would you tremble if I touched your wings?
Would you laugh? Oh, please tell me this.
Now would you cry for the one you love?
Hold me in your arms, tonight.

{Marshall}
I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will fly by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

{Cadence}
Would you swear that you'll always be mine?
Would you lie? Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
I don't care. You're here tonight.

{Marshall}
I can be your hero, baby.
I can take away the pain.
I will fly by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

{Both}
Oh, I just want to hold you.
I just want to hold you, oh, yeah.
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
(That line was sung by Shining Armor in the other room with him holding his forehead in confusion)
Well, I don't care. You're here tonight.

{Marshall}
I can be your hero, baby.
I can take away the pain, oh, yeah.
I will fly by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
I can be your hero.
I can take away the pain.
And I will fly by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
You can take my breath away.
I can be your hero...

After the song, Cadence once again hugged Marshall in an attempt to find comfort in him, but while they hug, Marshall gets a sinister grin in his face that she doesn't see that implies he is up to something...

"Marshall, thank you for all of this, I don't know what to say..."

"Mi Amor I just have one thing to say..." Marshall adjusted his head to where their two horns touched, her eyes still closed from tears, "Sin lanzar un ataque... El semental presentará..." Marshall said as his horn was lighting up, and due to touching Cadence's horn, hers was glowing too. Cadence didn't understand Marshall's language and was oblivious to the fact that he just amplified his stallion mind control spell massively...!

Author's Note:

The song is not owned by me, the song belongs to Enrique Iglesias, the producers of the song, and whoever the record label was, it was used for parody purposes so it qualifies as fair use.