• Published 27th May 2016
  • 1,029 Views, 75 Comments

Prince Marshall - Mocha Jon



A new alicorn prince is revealed to be evil and has plans to over throw the princesses and become Equestria's one true king... Can our heroes stop him?

  • ...
38
 75
 1,029

Part 2

Joy is incipient with the ceremony of Marshall's coronation was about to commence. Twilight didn't really tell anypony about Marshall's comments last night, taking them to be stress about becoming a Prince. Everypony else seemed fairly content and happy about the occasion, Pinkie Pie was excited, Rainbow Dash was proud, Rarity was glossing over Marshall's beauty... So everything seemed normal. The group took their up close seats, and Applejack looked far back and tried to wave at Starlight Glimmer and Mocha Jon... of whom cannot see her waving... Jon managed to sneak his pet badger Toby in, which made the ponies behind him seem fairly uncomfortable (some of which were covering their noses). Jon was also carrying two large things of popcorn and six boxes of candy, Starlight wanted to take one of them assuming one was for her, but it turns out Jon got those all for himself! But they both were still upset that they couldn't get to sit up their with their friends. Celestia and Luna had finally arrived up on stage and were finally ready to introduce Marshall, of whom was taking in all the fame...! Celestia welcomed everypony to the ceremony and introduced Twilight to give her speech.

Twilight was nervous about her speech, she lost her cards and she was worried about upstaging Marshall, what he said did take a bit of a toll on her, but she decided to carry on anyway:

"Welcome everypony," She began as she looks around, her friends all waving around though she looks a bit nervous, but she hides it well, "It seems like just yesterday that I was up here receiving my honor the same way Marshall here has. But I want to just explain that if it wasn't for my friends, I never could have had this honor to be here where I am! So Spike, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity..." She begins as she looks a bit nervous, almost losing her place... She looked over at Marshall, who gave her a faint scowl implying that he wanted her to hurry up, "Well I just want to thank you for all you've done to get me here. Their friendship has gotten me to where I am able to pass on Equestria's magic to a new pony, Equestria's first alicorn Prince! Everypony, please welcome Prince Marshall!" Marshall flies up in joy and egotism, proud to finally be where he is. Twilight's friends look with immense joy; however, Starlight and Jon look at each other with feelings of abandonment... as Toby falls in one of the popcorn buckets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the palace, Shining Armor was in one of the sitting rooms, Mocha Jon was walking down the hallway chasing Toby and he guided him right into that room. Jon bumped right into Shining, which Jon made a joke about to break any tension, "Sorry about that, just be happy my horn's too small to poke through skin!"

Shining Armor got up quickly, as a militant he has lots of stamina, "Oh hey, you're Don right?"

"Jon actually, Mocha Jon," He suddenly started panting in excitement, "Oh my gosh, I'm actually talking to Shining Armor! Equestria's biggest hero!"

Shining Armor looked surprised, "Wait what? You know my name and you think I'm a hero?"

"Of course! You're chairman of the royal guards! You risk your life every day, don't ponies tell you that?" Jon asks as he tries to get Toby out of a vase...

"Well actually, most ponies don't even know I exsist, sense I'm married to Cadence everypony seems to prefer her... Speaking of which, where is she?" Shining responded, looking a bit flurished, as if he hasn't admitted that. By the door, Marshall can be seen passing by but over hears the conversation and waits behind the door eves dropping.

"Oh she went shopping with the girls and Spike, so basically she went shopping with the girls. Toby wanted to go but they weren't going perfume shopping..." Jon responded as he got Toby out, Shining sniffed and knew what he meant... "What do you mean everypony prefers Cadence? Aren't you a Prince?"

Shining looks embarrassed now, "Well honestly I don't even know. I mean I love Cadence with all my heart, but every time I try and make a friend I just can't tell them I'm married to Cadence because then they only want to be with her... By the way you really need to give that thing a bath."

"I already did, but don't you inspire anypony at least? And I know how you feel, I love Twilight and her friends, they took me in and taught me all about friendship but it's hard being the new guy (especially when you're just a fan made character by a bad writer who will never have any of his stories published...), I mean she didn't even thank me in her speech." Jon responded as Toby climbed on to his back.

Shining felt apathetic towards Jon admitting that, Shining felt really nervous admitting his envy to Cadence, "Hey, you know, I saw how you looked yesterday, you seemed pretty jealous of Marshall too."

"Jealous? I'm not jealous of him, he's a great artist, he's had an album released, he's a Prince, and he makes better coffee than me, I'm not jealous, but I'm totally envious of him, there's a difference, come on, your sister's Twilight!" He responds, "Jealous would be me being worried he'd take my friends from me, you should be jealous of him, did you not see how he was putting the moves on your wife?"

Shining sighed, "Oh yeah, I trust her, she's the Princess of Love so when other ponies show interest she has this innate instinct to follow along and not break his heart, but her heart belongs to me, but I don't mind her feeling like that is she's faithful, which I know she is," he grinned following. "You know what, the girls shouldn't be the only ones having fun tonight, come on, I'm taking you on a boy's night on the town!"

Marshall flied away from the door that moment, "Seriously? Sweet! Race you to the front!" He said as they ran out... Mocha Jon became out of breath right after he passed the doorway...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls were tired from all their shopping because Cadence and Twilight, as princesses, managed to get them quite a bit of discounts. As one would guess, Spike was the one carrying all the bags... which was not easy for him. They decided they needed to take a break and stopped at a café near by. They all got settled but Applejack batted her eye and noticed Big Macintosh was sitting at one of the tables alone in the corner. She got up and went over to see what he was doing. She snuck up behind him and yelled out, "Apples!" and he yelled and jumped out of his seat... "Big Macintosh, what in tarnation are ya doin' out here in Canterlot, ya didn't tell me ya had plans over here."

Big Mac looked nervous, "Nope..."

"What, ya got like some special business here or somethin'?" She asked inquisitively.

"Nope." He responded, still nervously.

"Are ya thinking of movin' out to the city and leaving the farm?"

"Nope."

"Are ya taking a job as a royal guard for Celestia?"

"Nope."

"Then what in tarnation are...?" She began to ask until a female pegasus came by saying Hi.

"Hey Big Mac, sorry I'm late, there was this ceremony I had to go to and, hey, aren't you Applejack?" She stated, (voiced by Cree Summer)

Applejack grinned and squinted her eyes, "Oh I get it now..." Big Mac looked nervous, "Big Mac why didn't y'all tell me ya had a girlfriend? She seems real nice and all."

"Oh, thanks Applejack, Big Mac it's about time you introduced me to your sister, I was beginning to think that was never gonna happen!"

"Eeyup..." He annoyedly responded.

"Well I hate to be a third tractor wheel, I'll leave y'all be, nice to meet ya..." Applejack said as she started to walk off.

"Oh it's Ginger Snap, but you can just call me Ginger, hey we should hang out some time!" She yelled as Applejack walked away.

"Eeyup..." Big Mac said as he sighed and placed his head down.