• Published 28th Apr 2016
  • 3,049 Views, 74 Comments

Shattered Mirror - The Bricklayer



The MLP: FIM Universe, turned on it's head where villains are heroes and heroes are villains. A new Elements of Harmony, VS the Elements of Disharmony... the Mane Six? Alright, something's very wrong here. Nah, just a negative polarity universe.

  • ...
10
 74
 3,049

Broken Glass (Or the part where Starlight is unamused)

"You know, just imagine for a moment all that you know, and how it all could be different. How things could change with even the smallest difference.": Starswirl the Bearded said to a young Celestia


A note from the Author:
That quote above is the most appropriate one for this tale. A tale where everything one could ever know about the world of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic is turned right on it's very head. Oh, don't worry we're not going into one of those grimdark tales of woe and untold horrors to give young fillies and colts nightmares. You know the ones, as I refuse to mention those abominations here. No, things in this tale will just be very different and very, very weird. To be honest, that cover pic I chose should give you a slight hint on what's to come for you. You've already met one Mirror-Verse in the Reflections Arc, now time to meet another. Buckle up, it's about to be one very bumpy ride for you and me...


Ponyville, 1000 ME (Moon Era), Summer Sun Celebration:

"Ladies and Gentlecolts, 1000 years ago, our dearly beloved princesses of the Moon, Nightmare Moon defeated and banished her evil counterpart and her beloved sister's dark half Tyrantess Celestia to the sun and then took up the duty of raising it. Now, each year we tell this tale, not to scare you only to keep you wary of what happened all those years ago should she ever return and we are forced to take up arms against her." Mayor Mare announced to the populace at the town square as she had yearly. She knew how this all went, what to say thanks to lots of practice. As always, young fillies and colts listened with interest just as their parents had when they were told the tale of the great battle between the foursome.

Now, as you can see that is your first clue that things are very different here on this version of Equus as Celestia and Luna switch roles with their evil counterparts here. Trust me, that won't be the last time this'll happen. For example while there is a Golden Oaks library here it is not lived in by Twilight Sparkle, nor is it lived in by Trixie or Sunset Shimmer as you might expect for a mirror universe. Oh no, it's another unicorn who gets that honor here. A unicorn named Starlight Glimmer and her assistant a young drake named Spike...

"Spike, where's that book on Starswirl's lost spells! I need it!" Starlight called and she was swiftly answered by the drake she'd raised since he hatched from his egg.

"Right there where you left it, by your bed side." Spike answered with a sigh, and Starlight flushed red before muttering "Right..."

"Y'know, most ponies read something like Daring Do before bed. But you... You just read dusty old spellbooks." Spike said with a roll of his eyes, and braced himself for the lecture that was sure to come. And come it did.

"I read spellbooks because you never know if any of the spells might come in handy some day. For example, I read a wall and door repair spell a few days ago and for all I know I might need it sometime soon." Starlight sniffed, and right after she gave her lecture there was a loud crashing sound as a certain God of Chaos burst in.

"HELLLLLOOOO Starlight!" Discord called and Starlight groaned as she facehoofed for tempting fate like that.

"Or I might need it right now..."


Starlight's eyebrow twitched at the mess in front of her. Discord hadn't just burst in through the walls and front door, he'd knocked over bookshelves and scattered their contents every which way. She growled and glared her harshest glare at the chaos entity who didn't seem fazed in the slightest.

"Discord, why do you always do this? It's the third time this week this happened to somepony!" Starlight snapped while Spike muttered "And guess who has to help clean it up? Yeah, that's right. Me."

Discord could only grin.

"Because, surprise entrances are funny. Hellooo?" He said sarcastically. Starlight's eyebrow twitched even further before she responded.

"Then why am I not laughing?" She asked flatly.

Discord stuck his tongue out at her.

"You're such a child." Starlight muttered with a look upwards as if to say "Why me?" Starlight was then, with a snap of Discord's fingers made to float like a balloon. Discord snickered and said "Well, I did say you needed to LIGHTEN up." before he frowned struck a thinking pose as he uttered under his breath "Hmm, chaos magic must be on the fritz for some reason. She should have been glowing like a lightbulb instead of floating."

Starlight was not pleased in the slightest. She sputtered several inconsistent and nonsensical words before pointing to the hole and the wall and yelling "OUT!"

Discord rolled his eyes, huffed and muttered "Alright, miss bossy hooves." before snapping his fingers and disappearing in a poof of pink smoke that sent paint flying onto Starlight, probably just to spite her. And she was still floating as she crossed her arms before saying "Uh, Spike? A little help... Please?"

Spike walked off as he said "I'll go get the ladder, and a anvil."


Meanwhile in another part of Ponyville yet not quite Ponyville, a certain Minotaur was teaching a group of Changelings and their Hive Queen along with a bunch of other ponies his "Motivational Tactics".

"Alright, first thing I want to start off with is are you READY TO ROCK!?! Cause if you're not ready to rock, well I'd suggest you get your butt on out of here because I can't teach you anything." Iron Will shouted through his mic as he walked back and forth on the stage that had been set up for him. No one dared say a word to disagree with him and Iron Will nodded before he continued with his usual money back policy.

"You know what?" He asked, and waited for the crowd to ask "No, WHAT?" back in unison before he smirked. "I'll tell you what. Iron Will is so confident that you will be 100% satisfied with Iron Will's assertiveness techniques, that if you are not 100% satisfied, you. Pay. Absolutely. Nothing. Yeah, that's right, absolutely nothing!" He added at the crowd's shocked expression before he continued once more. "But I pity the fool who doubts Iron Will's methods."

And someone did.

"How do we know they'll work?" A random pegasus shouted from the crowd, and Iron Will glared harshly at him making him shrink inwards and take a step back. Queen Chrysalis facehoofed and muttered "Idiot. Of course it'll work, just like it did for me."

You see, before Chrysalis became the confident flirty homemaker she was today she'd been a quiet and shy changeling incapable of leading her hive. But that was before her childhood friend Iron Will stepped in. Now, she was one lean mean house decorating machine as he'd put it so nicely. But anyways, back to the present.

"Are you critiquing my methods mister?" Iron Will roared as he got in the poor stallion's face. "Well, I'll tell you that they WILL work. Just look at Chrysalis here!" He added, before picking her up and holding her out to the crowd, much to her displeasure. "You all know what she was like, now look at her!"

The pegasus from before shut up, well aware of Chrysalis's history.

"I believe my point has been made." Iron Will said with an nod after he'd returned Chrysalis to her position in the crowd. The pegasus then whispered "Sorry." and Iron Will heard him before grinning to himself.

"Which brings me to my first point. Thanks for that by the way... Uh, what was your name again?" He asked, blushingly. The Pegasus then answered "Thunderlane... Thunderlane Mr. Iron Will SIR!" He quickly corrected himself when Iron Will frowned at him.

"Anyway, the point is..." Iron Will began. "Don't be sorry! Be assertive! Never apologize, when you can criticize. You should be calling me Iron Pill or something like that. No, actually don't call me that. That's a terrible idea. If you did, my goat body guards would take that as a attack on my person and throw you out on your hooves."

Again, Chrysalis found herself facehoofing. Honestly, she liked her friend but he was a idiot sometimes.


Meanwhile, inside the sun she sat. She'd waited one thousand years for her chance, and now it was that time. Nightmare would pay for imprisoning her in her chosen celestial body and now she'd pay! Solar Flare was weak, and that's why she had to go and let her dark side take control.

"Soon..." She whispered. "Soon, the Solar princess will return and bring order! But first things first, I need someponies to get me out of here, then I can worry about dear old Lulu..."

She chuckled darkly, before sending out six surges of power across the land to six different mares whose lives were about to change forevermore...

Author's Note:

Okay, originally this was supposed to be just a one shot but I had so much in my mind for this I thought why not expand it into a four to six chapter mini story?:raritystarry: Tell me what you guys think!