• Published 21st May 2016
  • 3,289 Views, 141 Comments

The Adventures of T.O.B.O.R. - The EnderPony Master



During another test from Dr. F, Tobor the robot was accidentally sent to the land of Equestria. What will our test-bot do?

  • ...
6
 141
 3,289

Software Branding (Part 2)

...Last time on The Adventure of T.O.B.O.R...

"Stay safe tonight, Shy."

"I will, TOBOR."

====================

"Sir, are you definitely sure you want to go through with this?"

"You know what you all signed up for when joining my organization. I will not tolerate failure without punishment. And what those idiots gotten themselves into will expose our secrets."

====================

"Look, pal. I've dealt with your types so many times before you. Why don't you make this one easy and cooperate with me?"

"..."

"So that's how it's going to be, huh? Well, tough luck, bub."

====================

"Alright, proceed with the Failsafe."

====================

"Red Alert! We have an emergency down in the prison-hold! I'm requesting backup and medical assistance!!"

"Copy that. Help is on the way!"

====================

"That's the thing, Sir. This time, the virus we found is... artificial."

"Artificial? What in Galaxy's name are you talking about?"

====================

"So, I have a proposition for you."

"What is it you are proposing, Captain Cave?"

"I am proposing that for now on, the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony will have a separate bodyguard for each of them. In exchange, I will train your Royal Guards to advance levels of strength, speed, endurance, and importantly combat."

====================

“Alright, When I get the chance, I’ll talk to Cave.”


The Adventures of T.O.B.O.R.

Software Branding

(Part 2)

Sweet Apple Acres

It didn't take long for TOBOR to reach the well-known apple farm of Ponyville thanks to his boosters. As he flew, TOBOR took in the beauty of the land as the golden glow of the sun rises from the horizon bright and early.

"I can never get tired of this." TOBOR said to himself in bliss.

Not a moment too soon as TOBOR finally made it to the Apple's resident. The pony android landed near the porch of the farm house with a thud.

"I wonder what work do they have for me today?"

TOBOR walks up to the door and knocks. Not a moment later, he hears hoofsteps until the door opens to reveal...

"Morning, Big Mac." TOBOR greeted the red stallion.

"TOBOR?" Big Mac said in surprise. "Morning to you too, but... what are you doing here so early? You don't usually come by at this time of the morning."

"I just wanted to come and pay you guys a visit. Nopony was going to be awake this early except you guys." TOBOR explained as Big Mac lets him in. "Say, where's the others anyway?"

"Well, Applejack is washing up in the bathroom upstairs, and Granny Smith is in the kitchen right now making some breakfast."

"Oh, well, what about Apple Bloom?"

"Knowing her, she probably went back to sleep." Big Mac chuckled.

"Do you want me to go and get her?"

"I would appreciate it, TOBOR. I got to help set up the table." Big Mac said as he goes into the kitchen.

TOBOR nods before heading upstairs as Big Mac directed. As the robot pony makes his way through the hallway, he comes across an open door. Curiosity got to TOBOR as he looks inside. However, what he saw made him stare in awe. The room he was looking in was indeed the bathroom. Though, inside was none other than Applejack. Her long golden mane was hanging loose as the farm pony brushes it. TOBOR never once saw Applejack's mane loose before.

TOBOR snaps out of it as he quickly and quietly continues down the hall before knocking on Apple Bloom's door.

"Apple Bloom!" TOBOR called out. "It's time to wake up!"

There was no reply, confirming that the filly was still asleep. TOBOR rolled his digital eyes playfully as he opens the door. Inside he sees Apple Bloom was indeed still in bed, but had her covers draping over her head. TOBOR goes over to the bed and gently shakes the little pony.

"Apple Bloom, it's time to wake up. It's almost time for breakfast."

Apple Bloom tiredly replied. "I don't want to get up."

TOBOR chuckled as he makes his way to the door.

"Alrighty, then. I guess you don't want to go on another trip through the skies."

That did the trick as Apple Bloom shots upwards from her bed and lands back down with a soft thud.

"Why didn't you say so?! Come on!" The tiny filly said with sudden energy.

However, before the two could leave the room, Applejack comes out of the bathroom with her mane neatly brushed and tied back up.

"Hold on there, missy." Applejack said putting a hoof up. "I overheard you two, and you can't go on flying right now. You have school today, remember?"

"Aww!" Apple Bloom wined.

"You can play with TOBOR after you get out of school. Now, go wash up and come down for some breakfast. You have to get going in a half-hour."

"Already?!"

"Well, we tried to wake you up, but ya'll went back to sleep."

"Okay..."

Apple Bloom sighs before going into the bathroom herself and closing the door. Applejack turns to TOBOR with a smile.

"Well, howdy there, TOBOR" Applejack finally greeted. "What brings you here this early?"

"Good morning to you too, Applejack." TOBOR said. "I didn't have anything else to do at the moment. So, I thought I might as well pay you guys a visit. You know, since you're the only ponies awake this early."

"Don't you ever need sleep, sugarcube?"

"I would of gone into Sleep Mode, but ever since Cave upgraded me, my battery cells can last way longer than its usual lifespan."

"Sheesh, it's a little hard sometimes to understand some of these fancy tech of yours." Applejack rubbed her head.

"Yeah... well, what are you planning to do today?"

"Oh, nothing much today." Applejack shrugged. "It's my turn to go and sell some apples today. You're welcome to come along today if you want."

"I would like to, AJ, but I already got some plans for today."

"Is it about that restaurant of yours?"

"Yeah, have you heard?"

"Of course. Pinkie Pie told me about."

"Oh, right." TOBOR chuckled. "Remind me to thank her for spreading the news about my restaurant's grand opening. I'm going to need a lot of customers today."

"Well, I hope you become successful on your first day, TOBOR. It ain't easy running a business if you're not careful."

"I know. I need to watch out for HayBurgers. They will be a competition in this town."

"I'm sure you'll pull through, and you know what? How about me and the others drop by later on at lunch? I'm mighty curious of what this restaurant of yours serve."

"I'll be looking forward to it." TOBOR smiled. "Come on, I'm sure breakfast is being served."

"Right behind you, partner."

With that, both organic and non-organic ponies made their way downstairs.


Everfree Forest

Cave always enjoys flying. Whether it be for a relaxing outing or in the middle of combat back in his days in the Core. Right now, he was currently aboard on one of the transporters with Derpy Hooves as his passenger as they made their way overhead of the Everfree Forest.

"Enjoying the ride, Derpy?" Cave asks with a smile.

"I'm having the time of my life!" Derpy said. "I flew many times before, flying in this thing makes it even more fun!"

"Well, I'm glad you are having a good time." Cave then calls out to the pilot. "Hey, Jim!"

"Yes, Sir?!" The pilot pony replied.

"How much further until we get to Ponyville?!"

"We are almost there to our destination, Sir! ETA 6 minutes!"

"Excellent!" Cave nodded. "Well, Derpy, looks like we're getting near Ponyville. I hope you had a swell time back at the base."

"I did." Derpy said. "Also, I want to say thank you and TOBOR for saving my life back at the mountains. If you and your other friends hadn't shown up... well..."

"It's fine, lass. Saving lives is what we do. Maybe we can--"

All of a sudden, Cave freezes midsentence as he remains completely still.

"Cave?" Derpy says with concern. "What's the matter?"

Cave did not reply. The mailmare was starting to get even more worried. Just as she was about to tell the pilot what's wrong, Cave springs back to life.

"Jim!" Cave shouted, startling Derpy.

"Yes, Sir?!"

"You see that field over there?!"

"Yes I do! What about it, Sir?!" The pilot said in confusion.

"I want you to land there!"

"What?! But, Sir--"

"That is an order, soldier!" Cave barked.

The Core pilot still didn't know what was the reason of his superior's sudden request, but complies as he slows down and prepares for landing.

"Cave, what's wrong?" Derpy finally spoke.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Derpy." Cave sighs. "It's just that I sensed a sudden large amount of energy forming in that field below us."

"Energy? You mean like magic?"

"Uh, something like that, lass."

Cave looks out of the side of the large cruiser to see that they were close to landing. The robot pony then jumps out of the craft and lands onto the soil with a metal thud. Cave looks around as he scans the area with his own robotic sensors. Derpy also jumps out of the futuristic vehicle and glides down besides the large pony. Just when she was about to question Cave again, a bright flash of light shined out of nowhere in front of them. It was enough to even startle Cave as he leaps back.

"Get behind me, Derpy!" Caved commanded.

Derpy complied without argument and hid behind the large stallion. Though, when the bright light disappears a moment later, both ponies were shocked by what they saw. Laying on the soft grass was a tan-colored Earth Pony mare with short black mane and tail. However, what made the mare stand out was the dark grey-ish blue dress. It looks like some kind of school uniform you would find in an anime.

"What the..." Cave mutters.

The mare on the ground lets out a groan as she struggles to get up. Derpy saw this and immediately go over and help the mare up.

"Are you okay?" Derpy said with concern.

"I-I FINE..." The mystery mare groans. "I'M JUST NOT USED TO RECEIVING THAT MUCH POWER BEFORE."

Cave stared at the exhausted mare. Receiving power? What does that mean? She wasn't a unicorn. However, Cave didn't detect any magic when he was scanning the energy signature. He clears his non-existing throat before speaking.

"Um, miss?" Cave spoke with a little bit of authority. "Who are you?"

The mare seems to finally regain her breath as she straightens herself and speaks calmly.

"MY NAME IS MAKOTO." Makoto said as she looks at herself. "ALSO, WHY AM I A PONY?"

Cave have been surprised before in the past, but this situation probably takes the cake. The large pony droid suddenly realized of what this mare just said.

"Ma'm, did you say your name is Makoto?" Cave asks.

"YEP!" Makoto said with a cheerful tone. "M-A-K-O-T-O. THAT'S MY NAME."

Cave was starting to anxious. He heard that name before. He knew who this mare is. However, he wanted to be absolutely sure.

"Makoto, out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to know someone by the name of TOBOR, do you?"

"OH MY SIMS, YES! YES, YES, YES! I DO KNOW HIM! HE'S MY BIG BROTHER! DO YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS?! I TRYING TO FIND HIM."

'Oh you have got to be kidding me?!' Cave mentally facepalmed himself. 'Not this shit again!'

Cave straighten himself, before replying.

"Yes, I know TOBOR. I was just about to pay him a visit right after I drop off my passenger here." Cave motions towards Derpy.

"CAN I TAG ALONG TOO? I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM." Makoto asks.

"Of course, Makoto. Follow me, we can use my cruiser to get to Ponyville."

"PONYVILLE? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT PLACE BEFORE."

"Then you will be in for a big surprise."

With that said, everypony gotten back onboard the large vehicle as they resume their destination towards the colorful town.

'Not as much of a surprise when your brother sees this.'


Ponyville Main Streets

The morning went on without a hitch. Breakfast with the Apple family was always a pleasant time for TOBOR. Even though he can never actually eat their food to his misery. Anyway, after everypony was done with breakfast, they all went and begun their usual daily routines. Big Mac and Applejack went off to start apple bucking while Granny Smith... well, TOBOR doesn't really know what does the older mare do during her spare time. Mostly likely she would be sleeping or cleaning.

Speaking of TOBOR, he was currently walking Apple Bloom to the school house. On the way, he sees that many more ponies were waking up and getting ready for their day-to-day routines as well. He spotted a couple fillies and colts heading their way to school. Some accompanied with their parents or by themselves.

"So, Apple Bloom?" TOBOR spoke. "How are things been going?"

"Things have been going pretty well." Apple Bloom replied. "How about you?"

"Good... Good so far..."

There was a moment of awkward silence as the two continue to trot down the dirt road.

"You alright there, TOBOR?" Apple Bloom asks.

"What? Uh, yeah! Everything is fine. There is definitely nothing to worry about!"

The little filly looked at the robot pony unamused.

"TOBOR, I may not be the Element of Honestly like my sister, but I can see that lie a mile away. What's really eaten' you?"

TOBOR sighs. "I'm just really nervous about today. Once I drop you off at school, I have to head back to my restaurant and get ready to open the doors."

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. Pinkie Pie told me all about it. I can't wait to try it out after school."

"That's the thing though. If Pinkie was the one to spread the news, then she probably told the entire town about it. I mean, I'm glad that there will be more customers, but that also means that there will be a lot of expectations and satisfactory I must fulfill."

"Don't you have workers that can help?"

"No. I spent so much time buying and renovating that I've overlooked some important things like extra hooves. I only have about 500 bits left, I could probably get one or two ponies to help me. Not to mention, it's already too late to find any last minute ponies to help me."

"What about me? You said I could help with the orders when you open up."

"I did say that, didn't I?" TOBOR said to himself. "Alright, if you want to help me out after school, then you're welcome to. Just remember though, I'm pretty short on my budget. So you will be paid minimum wage."

"It's a deal!" Apple Bloom said enthusiastically.

"I just hope we'll survive the first day."

"You can do this, TOBOR. I believe in you."

"Thanks, Bloom. That really helped me a bit.

After some time later, the two finally made it to the school house where they parted ways. Now, TOBOR was by himself as he makes his way towards his restaurant. Though, he still felt really nervous.

'I really hope this turns out good in the end. If I mess this up, then not a lot of ponies are going to be coming back.' TOBOR thought to himself. 'Hey, if I'm lucky, then today will only start up will only a few custo-- HOLY SIMS AND BEYOND!!'

TOBOR's thoughts were interrupted by the sight before him. Right in from of the restaurant were at least twenty ponies of many color crowding around outside the front double glass doors. While a part of the robot's mind was glad that it wasn't the entire town showing up, it was still in a bit of panic by the amount of consumers waiting for his services.

'Wow... didn't think this much ponies would be coming this morning.'

With a heavy sigh, TOBOR made his way over to his restaurant. The crowd of ponies saw who was coming and parted ways as they let the recognizable metal Pegasus through. TOBOR soon made it to the front of the crowd as he amplified his voice.

"Uh, hello, everypony! Thank you all for coming for the grand opening of my restaurant!"

The crowd stomp their hooves as some let out a cheer.

"I can't wait try out the food!" One pony said.

"Come on, open up already! I skipped breakfast for this!" Another pony shouted.

TOBOR gulped as he flies up to the large sign on the top of restaurant. It had a large brown tarp draped over it.

"Well, I would to welcome you all to Ponyville's newest restaurant, 'Bolts'n Grill'!"

With that, TOBOR pulls the large tarp off from the sign. The sign was in neon lights as it glowed blue and green. On the bottom right corner was a picture of TOBOR's cutie mark with a light shining underneath it. The ponies were in awe as they cheered.

Ponies soon started to file in through the front entrance as they all try to find a seat. As TOBOR expected, the ponies were in awe of design of the restaurant. Modern themes always struck a win in style any day. Just as TOBOR was about to head inside, a unicorn stallion suddenly came up to him. This stallion was quite unique looking to say the least.

The pony had purple coat with black tail and mane. He also had elegant blue eyes. However, what was more eye catching was what he was wearing. He seems to be wearing a sleek looking black jacket with a checkered white and black collar. And to TOBOR's surprise, he was wearing matching pants. The robot hasn't seen any ponies wearing pants since day one of his stay in Equestria.

"Excuse me, Mr.?" The mystery stallion said. "Are you the owner of this restaurant?"

TOBOR blinked. "Uh, yeah. I did mentioned that this restaurant was mine during my speech."

"I apologies for not listening." The stallion bowed his head. "I was too busy admiring the design of the place. Believe me or not, this restaurant of yours looks similar to the ones back in my homeland."

"Oh, well, thank you. Where do you come from?"

"I just moved all the way from Japony." The stallion said with pride.

'Japony?' TOBOR thought. 'I guess that's this world's version of Japan.'

"Well, I would be delighted to serve foreign ponies from all around." TOBOR said.

"Actually, there was something else need to talk to you about. You see, while I was busying trying to find a place to stay, I kind of forgotten to find a place of employment. When I heard of your restaurant's grand opening from this pink mare 2 days ago, I thought I could get a job here."

TOBOR's digital eyes widened. Here he was getting nervous of running the place by himself on the first day. Now an opportunity has came walking towards him today.

"I mean, I understand if you don't need my help and--"

"NO!!" TOBOR suddenly blurted out. "Uh, I mean, no. I was actually looking somepony to hire. I'm actually very low on help at the moment."

"How much?"

"Uh, zero..." TOBOR smiled sheepishly. "I made the similar mistake like yours and didn't focus on the important parts of planning."

"Well, then. If it's alright with you, then I would like to apply for the job."

"Have you ever worked in restaurant before?" TOBOR asks seriously.

"Yes I have actually." The purple stallion said. "I had to take multiple part-time jobs so I could save up for a boat ticket to come to Equestria."

"Experience, I like that. You're hired! Welcome to the 'Bolts'n Grill' crew."

"I am very thankful for this, Mr. TOBOR." The stallion said respectfully.

"There's no need for formalities. Just call me TOBOR."

"Very well then. Now, I do believe we have some orders to fill."

"Indeed we do. Let's go."

TOBOR was about to head inside with his new employee when a sudden thought came to his artificial mind.

"Hold on, I am very sorry, but I never have gotten your name. I've got to know my employees." TOBOR said.

"Oh, my apologies. My name is Kuratchi."

"Nice to meet you, Kuratchi. I'm really looking forward to working with you during your stay here in Ponyville."

"Same as to you, TOBOR."

With that out of the way, both ponies went inside as they start their first day of work.

Author's Note:

Hello, everypony. It's me, Writer Page. Also known as The EnderPony Master.

I just wanted to say I hope you all like the new chapter. I know I've been taking too long on the chapter, but I you guys got to remember that I have life outside the field of writing fanfiction. Not to mention, but I've got to spend some time with my marefriend, Cherry Bomb.

Speaking of Cherry Bomb, I would like to give her some credit on our new pony of the story, Kuratchi. In fact, here's a picture of what our new pony looks like.

Fun-fact: Kuratchi is actually Japanese for 'Clutch'.

What will happen now that TOBOR's little sister is in Equestria? Will Cave Johnson and the Galaxy Core will do something about Dr. F's accidental dimensional teleporter? What will be the evil Morcubus' next move?

Find out next time in the next chapter of... The Adventures of T.O.B.O.R.!

Writer Page, OUT!