• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 4,893 Views, 47 Comments

Thomas goes to Equestria - Even Evil Has Standards



Based on the fanfic "Thomas Leaves Sodor". Only this time he doesn't go to Brighton.

  • ...
13
 47
 4,893

Chapter 10 Not-So-Merry Reunion ("To the Smelters")

The 7 steam ponies where to shock to speak. They had found their missing friend yet he didn't seem to recognize them. He had been zombified by a clone of one of their friends. Now it seemed that any hope of reconciliation with Thomas was lost. Applejack was the first to speak.

"What in tarnation did you do to him?!?"

"Oh I just found him wandering in the Everfree Forest."

FLASHBACK TO THE EVERFREE FOREST

"He looked so forlorn that he didn't even notice my Plunderseeds. This did strike as unusual so I uh extended an hour invitation to your zebra friend's hut."

"How did you do it and what did you do with Zecora?" demanded Twilight.

"Oh relax I just gave her some loose ends to tie up. As for luring him in, it wasn't hard, given the fact that I resemble you. When he saw me, he thought I was you which seemed to brighten his day. He told me all about his troubles on Sodor so I...made him a proposition: in exchange for helping me take over Equestria, I'll help feed on his revenge and have Sudrians eating out of...his...whatever."

END FLASHBACK

The ponies were stunned. "He accepted THAT easily?" demanded James

"Well, he was a little reluctant," admitted Twivine, "so I had to...coerce him into embracing his inner darkness. Although, I must confess, the result wasn't quite what I expected." She betrayed a glance of disgust at Timothy.

"Enough talk," growled Timothy and he staggered over to the steam ponies. He glared at them all. The hatred in his demonic eyes made them flinch. But no more than Gordon. "So the great Express engine who is so important that he can't fetch his own coaches and that those who do are nothing to him but 'silly little tank engines' suddenly gets the strength to come to another world".

It hurt Gordon to hear his own words being used against him. "But Thomas-"

"SHUT UP! My name is Timothy! And you are too late to try any of THAT sappy forgiveness. The one you call Thomas no longer exists." Just then, a cage appeared out of the ground and trapped Gordon. "You had your chance to make up with him, but you never did. You never even considered the consequences for what you did to him. Now it's too late. He's gone and no considers you his friend." With that, he opened his mouth and inhaled. Gordon felt every bit of strength leave him as Timothy robbed him of his soul. He felt older and deathly sick.

Every pony watched as they witnessed this. They never said or did anything, they were frozen in shock. Even Twivine figured on turning her head away. Then Timothy was finished. As he let Gordon out of the cage, Timothy seemed to grow and his wings seemed...sharper*. Then he turned to Twivine. "Where do we strike next?"

She seemed a little stunned before answering, "B...Baltimare."

Timothy stomped away and Twivine followed, after telling the other ponies, "he actually stole every ounce of magic from the Lord of Chaos himself."

The other ponies were still shocked. Emily headed over to Gordon and asked, " Do you think that any of us should expected that?"

"I...knew he'd be...bitter," he rasped, "but I...wasn't expecting...him...to be...that bitter."

No pony did.

CANTERLOT CASTLE

Celestia and the other princesses were equally surprised by what they heard from Twilight's 5 friends. It started out when the 13 ponies appeared in the throne room. She had Gordon taken to the healing room, horrified by his condition. When she asked what happened, Twilight burst into tears and rushed out of the room. Now she, Luna, and Cadance didn't know what to say. Finally, Cadance spoke.

"All that hatred inside. It's. It's amazing he was able to hold it in for so long."

"It's also horrific, what happens when that anger is let out," mused Luna.

"What I don't understand is why this Sir Topham Hatt would directly accuse him of causing trouble." remarked Celestia. "It's almost like he refused to know the direct truth."

Percy cleared his throat. "Before we left to see my friends, Twilight said that it was like a wedding."

Celestia and the Mane 5 fell into an eembarrassed silence that was broken by a cracked voice. "I had forgiven them." It was Twilight and she looked terrible. Her mane was disheveled and her eyes were sunken and had bags underneath. She staggered in, wincing at every other step. "It may not seem like it, but I think that Thomas is still alive."

Rainbow Dash snorted, "Come on Twi, didn't you hear that zombie pony? Thomas is gone. That clone of yours killed him by doing that. All because of something Big G did." Everyone looked at her. "What?"

"Big G?" inquired Applejack.

"Ooh do you have a crush too?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"I don't! It's obvious that I don't; obvious that Twilight has one on Thomas." Here every pony looked at Twilight.

"I do not..."

"Aw come on, Twilight," said Applejack. "Yer showin' all the signs."

"You're acting as bashful as I use to," said Fluttershy.

"You're as red as I am," said James.

"And don't forget denial," said Pinkie Pie.

"ALRIGHT!" shouted Twilight. "I do! I've been feeling this way since we met him in the hospital. Do you all hear me? I love him!"

"Whoa, Twilight." said Edward. "We're all happy for you, but how do plan on telling Thomas?"

"He's right," said Henry. "In the state he's in, he probably won't listen to anyone. Look at what he did to Gordon."

"He won't listen to those who did him wrong," said Twilight. "But what of those who didn't?"

"It sounds crazy, but it might work," said Toby.

"It sounds like the power of love," mused Cadance.

"We have to try." growled Twilight. Then she felt a tingle. "They're in Baltimare. Let's go."

BALTIMARE

Timothy and Twivine were sucking souls out of ponies and had done enough so that Twivine began to gain the features of a centaur while Timothy gained those of a gargoyle resembling Scorpan. "Soon every unicorn, Pegasus, earth pony, and Sudrian will bow to the wills of Queen Tirevine and King..." She trailed off and looked questionably at the now half alicorn, half gargoyle, who thought before answering:

"King Onan. Now that we've run out of ponies here, where do we strike next?"

"Appleloosa, Canterlot, and finally Ponyville. But first Cloudsdale.

"Very well."

"But let's rest a bit."

"What?" growled Timothy.

"Sorry," rasped Twivine, "but even beings who stoop so low as to suck out souls need to pace themselves." Twivine started to kneel down, but found herself surrounded by a blood red aura, as well as getting closer to Timothy.

"Our so-called friends humiliated and destroyed us. Thomas may forgive them, but I will NOT rest until I see that they have paid dearly for it." Then he opened his jaw and inhaled.

Twivine felt as though her interior was being pulled out as Timothy drained her of her magic. Her features as a centaur became less noticeable. She began to look more like an alicorn. But it didn't end there. She began to age rapidly: her fur dulled; her became gray and saggy; her face and body developed wrinkles. When Timothy let her go, she landed on the ground with a sickening thud.

As for Timothy, he began to grow. His body became bigger and rounder; his cutie mark vanished; his wings sharper; and his tail pointier. Soon, he looked like a full fledged gargoyle. His power began to be stripped of its limits. As he started to fly away, though, he heard a small voice.

"How...could you...Timothy?"

"My name," he growled with the air of Neo Anderson, "is King Onan. When you're talking revenge, every last second counts." With that, he flew away.

MEANWHILE

The friends were running along when Twilight staggered. "That can't be right."

"What is it?" asked Henry.

"It feels like she...stopped..."

CLOUDSDALE

Onan began stealing Pegasus souls as his mind darkened with fires of revenge.

The island was a place

Where traitors wore smiles on their face

Taking what I can never replace

Stolen moments gone forever.

But the tables do turn

As my former friends learn.

I will light the fuse and watch them all burn

On the pyre of obsession.

[To Gordon]
So lazy you can't even drop

Always relying on advantage.

You make any price

Because to you it's free.

I will carry you to the Smelters

I will make you pay!

You will reap the hate you've sown

On the Judgment Day!

Sleepless nights and days of damnation

Soon and forever more

I will bring the Iron Twins

Knocking upon your door!

And love is a lie

Promising it won't die

Vanishing in a night sky

In the red lights of morning.

What the heck do I care?

Female engines to be had everywhere.

But first retribution I must repair

Revenge will be mine!

[To Rocky]

I have a nice show

That will tempt you forward

But when you are sure

That the prize is yours

I'll deliver you to the Smelters

In a rich facade!

Then I'll melt you down

Like an angry god!

Once you're in my blazing roundhouse

Hear the tolling bell

It'll be your final sound

As you hit the melting well!

[To Sir Topham Hatt]
Fall down on your knees

Fall down and let me hear you pray

Fall down until I can hear you

Arrogantly, snobbishly

Screaming pathetically to me!

I will carry you to the Smelters

You will rue the day

You will reap the hate you've sown

No matter how hard you pray.

It's a place without any mercy

Fashioned in cold blood.

Scraps of fear and flames of doubt

No forgiveness; no way out

Only justice

Then amen!

Author's Note:

*Lack of a better word.

I just had to parody Hell To Your Doorstep because it is SO DAMN CATCHY!
Besides, what better way to show how far Thomas' anger goes than through song? I wonder if I'm the first fan to "Thomas-fy" it. I'm not the first to ponify it; that honor belongs to Ink Potts.

I didn't get Onan from the Bible, it's just that in FIENDship is Magic #4, the gargoyles have names that end in the letter N. Onan just popped into my head.

Hold on to your hats bronies. It ain't over yet.

My apologies to those who expected otherwise.