• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 4,891 Views, 47 Comments

Thomas goes to Equestria - Even Evil Has Standards



Based on the fanfic "Thomas Leaves Sodor". Only this time he doesn't go to Brighton.

  • ...
13
 47
 4,891

Chapter 8 Acquaintances

SODOR

Percy was chuffing sadly along the tracks. Ever since the search ended, the atmosphere became more like the U.S in 1929. Everyone still had their jobs, it wasn't like that. But with Thomas gone, there wasn't a smile in sight. The air seemed a little...gray. Even Charlie didn't have the heart to prattle off one of his jokes. Percy would sometimes go off on his own, as he wasn't humane enough to drink anything other than water (even if he was, he still couldn't, ah, hit the bottle, if you catch my drift). But one night was going to be different.

This time he was on the same track Thomas was on when he saw the same glow. Of course, being the child of the Team ("They had to Flanderize that," grumbled Percy.), he decided to see what it was. As he got closer to the glow, it grew brighter and a fog rolled in. Percy looked around; the fog made everything look spooky. The trees looked as though they were alive. Strange faces seemed to glare at him from all sides. Percy got so scared that he increased speed and went-eyes shut-into the glow, terrified.

"I'M COMING ELIZABETH!"


EQUESTRIA FRIENDSHIP CASTLE

Thomas woke up to feel something on the bed he was sleeping on and turned over to see Twilight dozing beside him. Shocked, he tried to slip around her, but tripped over her instead. He fall over the bed and landed on the floor with a thump, taking the covers with him. Twilight felt a draft and try to pull the blanket back, but felt nothing. She woke up and looked around to find Thomas sprawled on the floor with the blanket draped over him. She couldn't help but giggle. "Good morning Thomas."

"Good morning," groaned Thomas. He tried to get up, but the blanket only got more tangled, causing him to fall down repeatedly. Twilight tried to hold back her laughter, but was losing. It got darn near impossible when Thomas somehow ended up hanging upside down in the blanket with one end tied to a hook on the ceiling.

Twilight burst out laughing, "My my Thomas, you certainly are an unusual chandelier."

"Ha ha hardy har har," grumbled Thomas, "can you get me down now?"

Twilight was still laughing as she heard what she thought was an unusual question. "You have a horn don't you? Can't you use it?"

Thomas didn't know what to say or do when she said that, so he closed his eyes and concentrated; his horn glowed a blue aura. He waited for the blanket's grip to expand, but nothing happened.

"Uh, Thomas?"

Thomas opened his eyes...and saw 2 purple ones inches from his own. Apparently, instead of loosening the blanket, he had telekinetically picked up Twilight and brought her a little too close to him. He screamed which broke concentration. The blue aura on his horn vanished and so did the aura containing Twilight. She fell to the floor with a bang, followed by what sounded like a crack. Twilight groaned in pain. The fall had caused a knee injury.

"Are you ok?" asked Thomas.

"Nothing a healing spell won't fix," gasped Twilight. With difficulty, she turned to her leg and touched it with her horn. Then she stood up and flexed it, no wincing, no grimace. Thomas was impressed...until Twilight glared at him.

"Um...oops?" Twilight said nothing, but her horn glowed again. This time the blanket was encased in a purple aura, and literally spun Thomas free. Unfortunately, he stopped spinning directly above Twilight and fell onto her. They were silent for a few seconds, then Thomas got up and said a little too quickly, "Time for breakfast". He rushed to the door, but didn't stop in time to open it, hitting his head on the hard wood. "Forgot to open the door," he giggled nervously and rushed out.

Twilight shook her head. "I suppose I should tell him about the rusty step." She was too late, however, for she heard loud clattering, grunting, which included a loud "D'OH!" followed by Thomas yelling "I'm ok!"

Thomas made his way to the kitchen where Spike had made some breakfast. "Hello Thomas. Get you some breakfast?"

"Sure Spike." Thomas made his way over to the table with a plate of bacon, scrambled eggs, and then left for some orange juice. Soon, Spike joined him.

"How did you sleep?"

"Fine, except for one thing," said Thomas, "why was Twilight sleeping with me?"

"Well, you were in her bed because you had a little breakdown and her room was the closest place that had a proper bed."

"But why didn't she move me or tell me to move when it was bedtime?"

"She didn't want to be rude. Besides," added Spike with a sly grin, "I got the feeling she wanted to know you up close and personal."

"What do you mean?" demanded Thomas.

"Well," said Spike, "you're a stallion and she's a mare. Uh you two didn't...?"

"Certainly not!" snapped Thomas, blushing furiously. "I'm going out. I just lost my appetite." He galloped angrily out of the room...then poked his back in. "Which way do I exit?" Spike told him. "Thanks."

Thomas stepped out for a bit...and almost got run over by an orange blur. "Hey! I'm walking here! Trying to anyway..."

It was Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash's sister. She usually zoomed through Ponyville at high speeds on her scooter. This time, however, she was trying to go faster than usual. If Thomas had looked closer, he would've seen a green colt with a 6 for a cutie mark.

LATER

Thomas was walking around when he leaped down. A rainbow comet flew by, nearly taking him with it. "Holy smoke!" he coughed. "Why don't you watch where you're going!" The comet flew back and landed in the road, sending dust everywhere. When it cleared, Rainbow Dash was standing there, looking indignant.

"Look bub, I was on my way to the hospital. My sister is there and-"

"Hold it!" interrupted Thomas, "your sister isn't orange by any chance is she? Because earlier, I almost got run over by an orange blur."

"Yeah, that's my sister, Scootaloo."

Thomas's jaw dropped (just like the Genie's). "But...how did she-"

"Hey, aren't you that blue stallion that we took to the hospital?" interrupted Rainbow Dash.

"Yes," answered Thomas, "I'd be happy to meet your sister."

"Then hop on," said Rainbow Dash, kneeling down, "if my sister is the one incapacitated, we better get there post haste.

"Uh ok," said Thomas, a little hesitant before obliging, "but I don't see how-HOLY CHEESE CUBE ON A STICK!"

Rainbow Dash flew off at lightning speed. With the wind blowing so hard, Thomas felt as though his face would peel off. The temperature seemed to drop so the air felt real cold. Rainbow Dash took some sharp turns and seemed to avoid any hazards, but that didn't help.

PONYVILLE HOSPITAL

Rainbow landed in the front and shook her head. "Ah, that felt good." Then she heard whimpering. She looked behind her: Thomas was holding on for dear life. "We're here," she announced and knelt down.

Thomas tried to climb off, but tripped over her as he did. "I'll be with you as soon as the world stops spinning." He wasn't used to going as faster than what the jet engine allowed him to. Five minutes later, he was still on the ground, panting. He managed to get up. "I'm ok. I'm cool. I'm calm." He entered the hospital with Rainbow Dash following, rolling her eyes. They walked up to the front desk.

"Hey, did you see an orange Pegasus filly enter here?" asked Rainbow Dash. "She's my sister."

"Oh yes," said the nurse, "she came in with a green earth pony. They're in room 394."

"Thanks."

"Oh and it's crowded in there. Two more fillies came by with their sisters. Your coltfriend may have to wait outside unless he's a relative." The blues walked towards the elevator...then Rainbow Dash flew up to her face.

"We're NOT dating!"

"Aw come on, Rainbow!"

They entered the elevator and waited for their floor.

(Muzak: "Thomas' Anthem")

It was quiet...a little too quiet. Rainbow Dash tapped the floor impatiently. She heard a sigh; she looked to find Thomas with his head hanging sadly. "You ok?"

He sighed again. "I just don't feel like I belong."

"Why not?"

"I'm not really a unicorn. I've never used my horn until today."

"What happened?"

"Long story short, me and Twilight were nose to nose."

Here Rainbow Dash grinned slyly. "Did you smooch?"

Thomas blushed furiously. "Well no. We came close, but-"

DING!

"Oh look! Our floor's here!" And he rushed out a little too quickly. So much so that he passed 394. Rainbow Dash flew up to him, grabbed him, and showed him the room. He laughed nervously and entered the room. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes before following suit.

They found the former CMC and their sisters gathered around the bed. "Well Thomas, you already met Sweetie Belle. Meet her friends Apple Bloom-"

"Mah sister," interrupt Applejack.

"Howdy mister," said Apple Bloom.

"-and Scootaloo."

"Hello," said Scootaloo.

"We've sort of met," said Thomas. "She almost ran over me."

"Sorry," said Scootaloo, "but I had to get this colt here pdq."

"What was his cutie mark?" asked Rarity?

"A number 6."

Almost immediately, the mares looked at Thomas, then back at the colt as he groaned and opened his eyes, revealing spring green irises. "Howdy," said Apple Bloom, "what's yer name?"

"I...am...Percy." The little colt then noticed his legs. Then he felt his head. His apprehension was more extreme than Thomas'. "Could I see a mirror?" Sweetie Belle held up one and he gazed at it. He screamed and burrowed in his blankets.

"What's the matter young 'in?" inquired Applejack.

"I'm sorry," sniffed Percy, "I've never been like this before. I used to be a tank engine."

"WHAT?" cried every pony except Thomas.

Percy grinned sheepishly. "I come from a place called Sodor. It's full of trains that talk and feel emotions."

"Then how on earth did you get here?" demanded Rarity.

Percy told his story while Thomas got increasingly queasy. "That's how I got here. I didn't mean to enter the buffers. They just seemed to brighten the atmosphere. We certainly could use a little cheer, given what's happened."

"What happened?" asked Sweetie Belle

"One of our engines disappeared. He had caused some accidents, but one he wasn't allowed to explain himself. That was the last straw for him and he disappeared." Percy began to cry. "He was my best friend and #1 on the whole island."

Applejack stroked her chin thoughtfully then asked, "What was his name?"

"Thomas."

The 3 older mares' eyes widened and did a :-0. They turned to look at Thomas...who had slipped out.
And Twivine heard everything.

Author's Note:

Whew! My longest chapter yet.