• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 4,878 Views, 47 Comments

Thomas goes to Equestria - Even Evil Has Standards



Based on the fanfic "Thomas Leaves Sodor". Only this time he doesn't go to Brighton.

  • ...
13
 47
 4,878

Chapter 12 Final Battle

APPLELOOSA

The earth ponies were pacing around when the sky turned a sinister shade of red. They looked up to see a black comet hurtling down and landed in the middle of town. When the smoke cleared, Onan was there. They backed away as he surveyed the land with his deadly red eyes. Some really began to run when others were picked up in a deathly white aura. He continued to steal their souls, leaving the wrinkled bodies in his wake.

"Soon, my domination of this world will be complete. Then, onto Sodor, where we will have our revenge." As if on cue, his head began to feel numb.

INSIDE THE MIND

"Why do you do this?" demanded Thomas.

"Because it is necessary in these days of corruption and bad business antics."

"We don't know anything about-"

"You don't but I do. Look at how the big blue one thought he was too "important" to fetch his own coaches. Looked at how he looked down on because he thought you were a "silly little tank engine". Look at how the fat [censored] refuse to acknowledge that you were in the right when you disposed of the dynamite the way you did."

"Even so," growled Thomas, "even I did want to get back at them, I wouldn't want to use others or cause pain to those who didn't wrong me. What did they do?"

"Nothing. They never did anything. They never came to our defense. Which is why they must be destroyed as well."

"But why the ponies here? They didn't even know we existed."

"You know what we say about the ones who get in the way. And before you ask, need I remind you of our zebra friend?"

Thomas subsided, though he asked, "Why don't you just kill me?"

Onan smirked, "because I live deep inside you. So long as live, I'll be here still. Now enough; we're approaching Canterlot."

OUT-CANTERLOT

Shining Armor was out patrolling Canterlot with 2 Pegasai guards. They were crossing a bridge when the guards felt themselves being picked up. Shining Armor glanced behind him and watched in shock as they were lifted up by the white aura. It got even more sickening when the Pegasai appeared to be forcing out a sickly orangish light (y'all have my assurance that it was NOT vomit), aging in the process.

Shining Armor then fired a bolt of energy at the gargoyle, but Onan caught it in his hand and popped it into his mouth. He grabbed the captain and squeezed his neck until he choked up the orange substance. Onan sucked it up, threw Shining Armor over the side, and proceeded to the throne room.

THRONE ROOM

The three princesses were sitting down, thinking. "From what we've heard," said Celestia, "it seems that Thomas's hatred has surpassed its limits and his powers know no bounds. If he stole a soul from an alicorn-"

"Then it is more than possible that he could steal ours," said Luna, "and every pony's power will belong to him and to him alone."

"There'll be no stopping him as he could take over both worlds and go on from there with that kind of power," remarked Cadance.

"And they've tried reasoning with him and we know how that turned out," said Celestia. "We may have to give our own powers to Twilight again."

"Now wait a minute," said Cadance, "Twilight said that she and her friends would be able to bring Thomas back, no matter what. She sounded pretty determined, and if I know Twilight, she'll have her love back in short time."

CRASH!

The doors were blasted from their threshold as Onan barged in. The alicorns lept to their hooves and prepared for a facedown. "You're right, Cadenza," he growled, "WE are unstoppable. I am merely a new ego; his thirst revenge publicized; his retaliation pranks taken up to eleven. All we need is the magic from 3 of the 4 alicorn princesses and then we'll be on our way to Sodor."

With that, he banged his fists into the floor. The 3 barely had time to take flight as stalagmites popped from where they used to be. While airborne, they all fired deadly beams at him. He deflected it with his spiked bracelets. This caused the beams to be directed to the ceiling, causing a landslide of ceiling plaster to crumble down on him. Luna flew over to the wreckage. She only landed for half a minute when a large deathly white beam popped out of the ground and went in a circle. The next thing she knew, Onan was lifting the floor-with her on it-and throwing it upwards. Luna teleported just before the rubble hit the ceiling and appeared next to the others.

Onan fired his own rays at the princesses who almost got obliterated if they hadn't brought up their shields. The battle continued on, with all 4 fighters running out of breath. At last, they came to a standstill.

"One thing," panted Cadance, "Why do you need 3 alicorn souls instead of 4?"

"I made a promise to a certain lover boy that I would leave one princess out of this to keep him at bay," explained Onan wheezily, "naturally, it's none of you three, or I wouldn't be attacking you. Besides, we need alicorn magic to work the portal to Sodor. Only one is essential, but," he smirked, "enough is never enough."

Before the princesses could react, he grabbed Cadance with his aura and prepared to steal her soul. Luna appeared and encased her and Cadance in a dark blue orb. They floated back to Celestia and prepared to fight again when he held up his hand.

"I have a better idea." He snapped his fingers and the orb containing the hogtied Zecora appeared behind him. "It's very simple: a mere zebra for your three souls."

The 3 were shocked. They didn't know Zecora that wellwell, but they couldn't risk the life of any denizen of Equestria. On the other hoof, if they gave in, who knew what could happen to any place when Onan had such powers at his disposal. They talked amongst themselves, but couldn't think of a positive way out. So they reluctantly agreed.

Onan snapped his fingers and the orb lowered to the ground and popped, freeing Zecora though she remained bound and gagged. Then he whipped around so fast that his pointed tail wrapped itself around the princesses and squeezed until they threw up the substances. Onan caught them by flexing his muscles, then straightened his arm and swallowed them. He grew in size so much that he broke the ceiling even more and flew off to start a rampage.

It was sometime later that the Mane 6 and their allies arrived with Spike, looking flabbergasted. Spike ran over to Zecora and lightly blew a tiny flame. Her bonds singed until they fell off. Once she was free to speak she rasped, "'Tis no lie that one's a truly nasty guy."

"He never had some love, that's why," whispered Spike has he held her.

As for Twilight, she and the others rushed over to the princesses. She held Celestia in her forelegs before turning to her friends and said, "let's go pronto."

PONYVILLE

Onan went on about his rampage, ripping up buildings, making craters in the ground, uprooting trees, the whole shebang.

"ONAN!"

He turned and saw the heroes standing a ways away, glowing, both literally and figuratively. Even at that distance, Onan could feel Twilight's anger. But that wasn't what unsettled him. He inhaled sharply, but nothing happened.

"WHAT?!? How could you have found magic that's too powerful to steal?"

"Because we have friendship, that's why!" retorted Rainbow Dash.

"And you have stolen our friend!" shrieked Pinkie Pie

"My best friend is still alive in you," growled Percy, "and he's strong! He'll be back!"

Onan powered up to fire some magic, then clutched his head, writhing in pain.

INSIDE

The shackles began to melt off of Thomas and he crouched down, preparing to fight. "It. Is. On."

"So be it," snarled Onan. The 2 egos fought fiercely. It started out with magic. Onan may have built up power, but Thomas proved to be quite the fighter, which was saying something for a unicorn who was just getting use to wielding magic. They both fired lethal beams that ended meeting in the middle. Soon, they stopped with the magic.

"It is obvious that this cannot be decided by our knowledge of magic, but by our skills in combat," growled Onan.

This one was so brutal that they both got migranes. They tussled and wrestled, punched and kicked. It got worse as Onan began to Stooge poke Thomas in the eyes, Thomas biting Onan in the arm, etc.

OUT

Onan continued to thrash like a fish out of water for a few minutes until he was sprawled out. Twilight came as close as she dared and said, "Thomas please listen to me. We just want to talk. Gordon really was trying to apologize for what he did. He really was sorry. If you're still in there, please come back."

"Sodor hasn't been the same without you," added Percy. "We miss you. Please come back. We're no good with you gone."

"Some engines actually considered slipping champagne down their water tanks," whimpered Emily.

"And driving off cliffs," added Toby, remembering the time he had to pull Rosie back from doing just that.

"And scrapping themselves," added James.

"Everything is literally losing its color," said Edward.

"Even the plants are dying," sniffled Henry.

"See?" croaked Twilight, tears forming in her eyes, "everybody misses you. Please come back."

For a brief moment, his eyes were back to normal. Then he shook his head; Onan was back. He grabbed Twilight and squeezed her neck. Then he screamed in agony. For brief moment, it seemed like the bass part of the Skeleton Engine Scream (just the bass mind you).

"Right, that's it," growled Rainbow Dash.

The Elements-old and new-were lifted into the air and glowed brighter. They each emitted a color of the rainbow (it was a little different for Toby and Henry) that shot out at Onan. He began to change.

INSIDE

He was thrown against the wall painfully by Thomas who gave him a punch that rendered him done, but not before a parting phrase:

"Yippee Kai Ay mother bucker."

OUT

The stallion was sprawled out on the ground. He alternated between normal and zombified. His fur was white, but only half deathly; he had no cutie mark or blood leaking out; his face had wrinkles beneath the eyes. Then Twilight cradled his head and kissed him. His color turned blue; the 1 appeared on his flank; and the wrinkles vanished. As this happened she sobbed 3 words:

"I love you."

He passed out in her legs, but managed to utter:

"I love you too."

Author's Note:

This is where not 2, but 3 alternate endings begin. What are they? Wait and see.

There was a Tumblr series called "Ask Thomas and Twilight." During St. Patrick's day, a drunken Twilight slipped a huge tank of alcohol down Thomas' tanks. The good news is he survived; the bad news is the durn author canceled the series and left us a hangin' with Thomas the color of Discord gray.

In "Saving Sodor", Thomas is sent to the Works in such a state that Rosie is certain he'll kick the bucket, so much so that she tried to plunge into the gorge where he fell, only to be stopped by Toby.

Rarity actually saw James' near death experience in TATMR.