• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 4,880 Views, 47 Comments

Thomas goes to Equestria - Even Evil Has Standards



Based on the fanfic "Thomas Leaves Sodor". Only this time he doesn't go to Brighton.

  • ...
13
 47
 4,880

Chapter 7 Remorse and Twivine's Song

SODOR

Word of Thomas's reason for disappearing spread like a wildlife in July (and believe me, those spread...I think). There were mixed feelings on the subject: some engines were heartbroken; others figured the island would be better off without him. There were a few odd bits about that; the oddest of all was Diesel 10.

"I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but Fat Hat would stoop so low?!?" he roared. "It's obvious the puffball was being a hero and the lard didn't even consider asking what had happened! True that Thomas was being pain, but he seemed to be making up for it! After all, Fatty was the one who said, during that Blue Mountain Quarry incident, that it was wrong to jump to conclusions before knowing the truth, which makes him a hypocrite! That's revolting, especially when he's compared to me (thanks a lot Aaron) and I'm the one who actually deliberately attempted murder-twice-16 years ago. He should be ashamed of himself."

Sir Topham Hatt was feeling ashamed. He didn't know how harsh he had really been. He was aware that some engines were losing respect for him. He never blamed them, for it was to be expected after finding out what really happened. Sir Topham Hatt vowed that when Thomas was found, he would listen to Thomas before going out on him.

Gordon was equally emotionally blue. While he was still upset at Thomas for taking the Express, scrambling the coaches among the lines, and blaming him for the incident, the big engine couldn't help but wonder if that was a little personal. Gordon also realized that he too would've done the same thing if he could and that maybe calling him a "silly little tank engine" was a bit too much. The #4 also made the same vow.

Unfortunately, the chances of that were slim. Everyone searched here and there, far and near, up and down, yet Thomas still wasn't to be found. Reluctantly, the search was called off.

TWIVINE'S CASTLE

Twivine had seen and heard everything...everything. From her 2 mirrors, she had witnessed both the search being called off with a heavy atmosphere as well as Thomas's near breakdown and Twilight's promise. Since, she was clone in more ways than one, Twivine could feel the strong feeling inside Twilight as the latter made her pact with Thomas.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no," she hissed with crescending laughter. "I can't stand it. This is so easy. She's in love with a tank engine, and not just any tank engine, but one who is so popular that he holds the moral of a whole island." She studied the Equine mirror. "This bond may be the key to my lovesick sister's undoing. After all, who says the love isn't easy? Plus, I could use him to take over the island as well." But the more she looked at Thomas's pony counterpart, the more the attraction to him seemed like her own. "He is quite a catch. Maybe he can be my king. Success can be lonely and every mare wants a handsome stud by her side as she a accomplishes her greatest dreams. Besides, I can't rule 2 places at once.

HIT THE VIOLIN BOYS!"

A familiar intro came into the air as she envisioned herself dancing with Thomas (who looked more like this http://fav.me/d7jl9fs) as well as demonstrated her powers to turn into inanimate objects and famous villains...pony forms anyway.

When the Devil is too busy,

And Death's a bit too much,

They call on we, by name you see,
(They morph into Boris and Natasha.)

For our special touch.

To the gentlecolts I'm Miss Fortune
(She morphs into Poison Ivy.)

To the mares he's Sir Prize.
(He morphs into Frank Burns.)

But call us by any name

Any way, it's all the same.

We're the flies in your soup.
(Scene of them swimming in a soup bowl as Parasprites.)

We're the pebbles in your shoe.
(The bowl tips over and dumps them into a boot as they turn into pebbles.)

We're the peas beneath your bed.
(They turn into peas and are covered by a mattress.)

We're the bumps on every head.
(They squeeze out as gray ponies and ball up until they hit their respective doppelgangers on the noggins.)

We're the peels on which you slip.
(As the Joker and Harley Quinn, they leave banana peels everywhere, causing ponies to slip.)

We're the pins in every hip.
(As Dr. Facilier and Lucifera, they stick pins in voodoo dolls.)

We're the thorns in your side,

Make you wiggle and writhe.
(They become the Ringwraiths, watching a colt sized stallion scream in pain.)

And it's so easy when you're evil.

This is the life you see,

Tirek makes a nod to we.
(Said centaur does this as they pass each other.)

We do it all because we're evil.

And we do it all for free,

Your tears are all the pay we'll ever need.
(Footage of Twilight shedding a tear in "The Return of Harmony, Part 2". A jar appears beside her and the tear drops in.)

While there's candy to be had,

While there's children to make sad,
(Twivine and Dark Thomas morph into Lena and Merle Gogun, abusing and stealing from fillies.)

While there's pockets left to pick,
(They do this as Bonnie and Clyde.)

While there's elders to kick down the stairs, we'll be there.
(Dark Thomas does this as P. T. Boomer to Burnett Stone.)

We'll be waiting 'round the corner, it's a game, I'm glad we're in it,
(They are shown waiting in an alleyway in the forms of Professor Moriarty (Lionel Atwill) and Monsparkle.)

Cuz there's one born every minute.

And it's so easy when you're evil.

This is the life you see,

Tirek makes a nod to we.

We do it all because we're evil.

And we do it all for free,

Your tears are all the pay we'll ever need.
(They start to half waltz, half tango.)

We pledge allegiance to all things dark and we'll promised

Promise on our twisted souls to do as we are told.

For Cerebus* has never seen soldiers quite like we

Not only do their job, but do it happily.

We're the fear that keeps you awake.

We're the shadows on the wall.

We're the monsters they become.
(They become the Scarecrow and Scream Queen, spreading fear..)

We're the nightmares in your skull.
(They become Shadowfright and Nightmare Rarity.)

We're the daggers in your back.

Some extra turns on the rack.

We're the quivering of your heart,

A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
Use your imagination on those lines.)

And it's so easy when you're evil.

This is the life you see

Tirek makes a nod to we.

We do it all because we're evil.

And we do it all for free, your tears are all the pay we'll ever need.

And we do it all for free, your tears are all the pay we'll ever need.

(The music slows down as the Dark Thomas apparition fades. Twivine watches this and starts to feel a bit sad.)

It gets so lonely being evil. What I'd do to see a smile,

Even for a little while.

And no one loves you when you're evil.
(For the moment, Twivine looks like she may cry. Then she smirks and the music resumes, starting with a violin crescendo.)

I'm lying through my teeth, your tears are all the company I need.

As the song ended, Twivine smirked and said, "Anything Changelings can do, I take up to Eleven."

Author's Note:

I can't wait to see what tropes this fic brings out. There's a fanfic called "Restoring Lost Honour" by Aaroncottrell97. Chapter 3 describes Sir Topham Hatt as "towering down like Diesel 10 did upon his return". In Chapter 4, Emily even openly compares him to Diesel 10.

Edited so that Twivine has a song. I wonder if this is the first story to use that particular song by Voltaire. It just sounded appropriate.

*The "Knight of Cerebus" trope had to come from somewhere. Besides, Twivine is one in this story...isn't she?