• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 4,891 Views, 47 Comments

Thomas goes to Equestria - Even Evil Has Standards



Based on the fanfic "Thomas Leaves Sodor". Only this time he doesn't go to Brighton.

  • ...
13
 47
 4,891

Chapter 4 A New Threat

EQUESTRIA-FRIENDSHIP CASTLE

Twilight and Spike were at it again with their book sorting. There was one difference from the other times: Twilight's mind kept wandering to the blue stallion named Thomas. She wondered where he came from and how he got here. Some thoughts she had to push away, like seeing if he could attend the Grand Galloping Gala or if he had any other (heh heh) female friends. In fact, she was so deep in these thoughts that she didn't hear Spike coughing up a letter from Princess Celestia. Nor did she hear the little dragon call her name...3 times.

"Hey Twilight." No response. "Twilight?" She didn't even look up. "TWILIGHT!"

"Aah!" She screamed, sending books flying in every direction. As Twilight hastily picked up the books, she glared at Spike. "Was that really necessary?" she demanded. Spike sighed.

"Well yeah. You know, you haven't been yourself, lately." The glare got colder. "Well, it's true," protested Spike, "You keep putting books in the wrong shelves, you sometimes stand there staring, and some books don't even make it on the shelves." To prove his point, Spike indicated to the pile of misshelved books. Twilight's head hung as she hid her embarrassment.

"I'm sorry Spike. Its that stallion. I can't get him off my mind. He's so...so..."

"Ruggedly handsome?"

"Ye-you cut that out!" shrieked Twilight, blushing furiously. Spike laughed.

"Don't worry. I just got something that might be able to do just that." He held up the scroll. Twilight unravelled it with her magic and read; what she read shocked her.

"What does it say?" asked Spike.

"That I'm needed in Canterlot at once!"

CANTERLOT CASTLE

Twilight hurried there as fast as her wings would let her. Unfortunately, she still had Thomas on her mind, so she kept flying into things. But she made it the castle-give or take a few bruises-and staggered into the throne room. The other princesses were there, looking somber. Cadance was the first to greet her.

"Hello Twi...gracious goodness me! Whatever happened to you? You look as though you've been in a fight."

"Sorry," said Twilight, "I've been a little busy. We have a visitor in Ponyville."

"A stranger?" inquired Luna. "What does he look like?"

"He has fur that is as blue as the sky," said Twilight, "his eyes are no different, save being brighter. His mane and tail are pitch black...not as black as Sombra's, but friendlier. And-"

"Twilight," interrupted Cadance, "why are you blushing?"

"Blushing? Who's blushing?"

"You are."

"I am not."

"Yes you are. You doing it right now."

"I am not blushing."

"Yah hah."

"Nuh uh."

"Yah huh."

"Nuh uh."
(NOTE: It's kind of hard to write words that 2 people are saying at the same time. So for those of you who have seen a certain Disney movie (my tablet isn't letting me write italicized) with 2 certain siblings arguing similar to what's said above, think of it like that.)

"LADIES!" This came from Celestia. "If that's all you have to say about him-"

"There is his cutie mark," said Twilight, "a very unusual one. It was a yellow number, a 1 to be exact."

"A number 1?" asked Luna. "What an unusual one indeed."

"I'm afraid we'll have to put the matter of the stranger behind us," said Celestia, "we have a more serious matter at hoof. There's some pony out there impersonating Twilight." The others were shocked, but none more than Twilight.

"I...have...a stand-in?" she asked, "is it Chrysalis?"

"We don't know," said Luna, "all we know is that she has similar features to you Twilight. We even know her name: Twivine Sparkle."

Author's Note:

The original villain was going to be a white diesel engine based off of Saruman. But I am saving him for something.