• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 3,904 Views, 459 Comments

STAR WARS / FiM: Realms of the Heavens - Tathem_Relag



An Imperial expeditionary group exploring the Unknown Regions of the Galaxy encounters a planet far more bizarre - and, potentially, dangerous - than anything they could have possibly predicted.

  • ...
16
 459
 3,904

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Six: Unexpected Developments

System: Celes (OFFICIAL NAME BY ORDER OF IMPERIAL GOVERNOR STURM GAVRISOM)
Planet: Celes-III
Location: Ponyville
Local Time: 09:48
Coruscant Standard Time: 22:07

Clone Lieutenant CL-7382 was not amused. His platoon of stormtroopers had been ordered to scout the area, make contact with the natives, and retrieve any potentially exploitable information about pony culture, history, and government. So far, the only thing they had learned that might be of any use was that the forest outside of the town, which he had seen burn with his own eyes, had somehow been totally restored, as if by magic. Most of the ponies totally avoided him and his brothers, and those that didn’t shot them hateful looks. Wherever the clones went, the village turned into a ghost town.

He couldn’t really blame the aliens, of course – their world was almost reduced to a lava pit less than four hours ago, after all. Didn’t mean that he wasn’t annoyed by their lack of cooperation. He was used to being feared, but that fear was supposed to bring obedience. Unfortunately, he wasn’t in the Empire anymore, and the general had made it clear that the troops couldn’t do anything that might lead to the outbreak of war, so roughing up the creatures to make them talk was out of the question.

As he led a squad of his brothers down yet another abandoned street, a quiet voice came from a shadowy alleyway. “Hey, you there!” it called. “Humans, right? Come here, I want to talk to you.”

He turned and headed into the alley, middle finger on the trigger of his E-11 rifle. This had to be a trap, but if there was the slightest chance he could get something out of this creature, he had to take the chance.

When he was out of the line of sight of any windows, the alien started speaking again. “I wish we could talk normally, but everypony seems to hate you. I think that’s kinda unfair. Just ‘cause your bosses aren’t nice, doesn’t mean all of you aren’t. I mean, my bosses are always unhappy, it’s like they take pride in it. But I try to be friendly to everypony. Hey, I just realized – we say everypony, but you’ve never even met ponies before. Do you say ‘everyhuman,’ or –”

“Everyone,” he cut the creature off, “or everybody. Works for all species. Look, as nice as it is to finally meet someone who’s willing to talk to us, if you haven’t got anything important to say, I’ve got to go. The general’s expecting me to find out more about your society, and he won’t be happy if my report says I wasted my time with idle chatter.”

“Oh, right!” the alien exclaimed, putting a forelimb to its face. “That’s what I wanted to talk to you about! I think everypony will accept you more if you were to learn about Equestria, and I guess you thought of that, too! Since nopony else seems willing to talk to you, I guess I’ll have to be your teacher. If you want, that is.”

The lieutenant chuckled. It looked like this wouldn’t be a waste of time, after all. “I’d like nothing more.”


Location: Canterlot Castle
Local Date: 12/11/3
Galactic Standard Calendar Date: 28:3:32
Local Time: 11:32
Coruscant Standard Time: 23:51

The maroon-cloaked human strode down the ornate halls, a glint of metal occasionally showing on his left hip between the cloak and the black robes beneath. He didn’t need to know the castle’s floor plan to get to his targets – their presences in the Force blazed like suns. A long trail of Royal Guardsponies followed him, insisting that he wasn’t allowed to be there and the Princesses were not to be disturbed. He ignored them. None of them had actually tried to physically restrain him yet, though he wasn’t sure if that was because of their apparent natural revulsion towards violence, or because they sensed his power and what would happen to them if they tried.

He came to a stop outside the doors to the throne room. The two guards standing in front of them seemed more insistent that he stop, levelling their spears at him. How amusing. He doubted they could even actually fight with those things without falling over. Not that they posed any real threat to him, even if they could use their weapons.

“Halt!” one of them commanded. “This is the Royal Throne Room! Nopony is allowed inside without an appointment!”

“Well then, it’s a good thing I’m not a pony, isn’t it?”

The guard scowled. “You aren’t going in. Now get lost.”

The Inquisitor sighed. As much as he would like to draw his lightsaber and fill this corridor with lightning, dismembered bodies, and the wonderful stench of burning flesh, his Master had specifically ordered him not to harm any of the natives unless it would put the Empire into a stronger negotiating position or he deemed it necessary for his own self-preservation. R&R would have to wait until he got back to his training droids. Instead, he waved his hand in front of the guard’s face. “You will let me in.”

The pony adopted a strange, glazed-over expression. “I will let you in.”

The other door guard gaped, then turned on the human in a fury. “What have you done to hi–?!”

Another wave of the hand. “You will accept your fellow guard’s decision.”

“I will accept his decision.”

The left corner of the Inquisitor’s mouth curled into a smirk. These creatures were so weak-minded, he almost felt sorry for them. Almost. He walked through the doors, then slammed and held them shut with a gesture, cutting himself off the company of guards that had tried to impede him.

Standing before the two alicorns, he had to change his opinion of them. The raw power bleeding off of them made him feel like he was caught between two supernovae. They weren’t Force-users, they were aberrations; more entities of the spiritual plane than beings of the physical one. Intriguingly, though, their Force signatures held the same lack of refinement that he would expect from a first or second-year Padawan. Clearly, for all their innate power, they were severely held back by their species’ lack of the tens of thousands of years of study and practice that had created the modern Jedi and Sith Orders. They even still called the Force ‘magic,’ for the Emperor’s sake! He was starting to feel quite confident that he could handle them in a fight, should it come to that.

As the reports had predicted, the dark sister reacted first to his rather abrupt intrusion. “What is the meaning of this?! Do you not reali–?!”

Her voice was cut off as the Inquisitor made a pinching motion with his left thumb and forefinger, squeezing her windpipe shut. Again, he was struck by the creatures’ lack of even the most basic of skills. They seemed to possess no more passive resistance to telekinesis than the totally Force-blind. “Quiet, whelp,” he snapped. “I want to talk to the one that’s actually important.” He turned toward the white sister. “I am High Inquisitor Malen Valerious. I speak with the full authority of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Palpatine. By Imperial edict, all Force-users in the galaxy must –”

He stopped when the squad of Royal Guardsponies in the room finally recovered from their shock and surrounded him. Took them long enough. If this was the Emperor’s throne room, I’d be dead several times over already. He pushed his hands outward, knocking the creatures through the air with a Force Wave. He couldn’t do any permanent damage, unfortunately, but an appropriate display of his superior might should put the locals in their place. He returned his attention to Celestia. “Now, as I was saying –”

His reflexes and skill in Shien saved his life as Luna, released from his grip, unleashed a blast of pure Force energy toward him. He managed to ignite his lightsaber and interpose it between himself and the beam just in time, but the sheer power behind the attack ripped it out of his hands and sent him and his blade flying in different directions. Exar Kun would be proud. If it hadn’t been for his Force-enhanced durability, he had no doubt that the attack would have ripped his arms off at the sockets and kept going. As it was, both of his shoulders were dislocated, and he had to bite back a scream as he used the Force to wrench them back into place. Just in case he survived this, he made two resolutions:

1. Learn Soresu.
2. Don’t underestimate Force entities, you dumb schutta!

He rolled over onto his back to find Celestia standing over him, a furious look on her face. His little flight had knocked back his hood, revealing his own face. He had skin that was so pale as to almost be white, dark brown eyes, black hair that was slicked back in the front and near-shoulder-length in the back, in the classic Jedi style, and chiseled features that would have been handsome on a marble statue, or anyone whose expression wasn’t totally devoid of even the slightest trace of good-will.

Celestia spoke, barely-contained rage rippling through her voice. “You’ve made a grave mistake, attacking my sister. I suggest you give up now, but I almost hope you don’t.”

Author's Note:

"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!"
-Fa'Zoll

Happy Star Wars Day! Yes! I got this one out in time! May the Fourth be with you! (Or, since I've got a Dark Jedi but no normal Jedi in this right now - May the Fourth serve you well!)

PreviousChapters Next