• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 3,904 Views, 459 Comments

STAR WARS / FiM: Realms of the Heavens - Tathem_Relag



An Imperial expeditionary group exploring the Unknown Regions of the Galaxy encounters a planet far more bizarre - and, potentially, dangerous - than anything they could have possibly predicted.

  • ...
16
 459
 3,904

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eighteen: Slaughterhouse

The Castle of Friendship
1:32 P.M.

“Princess Celestia! Oh, thank you!”

Celestia gazed over the heads of the stormtroopers to look at her distraught student. The fur on Twilight’s face was matted with tears, her right eye was blackening, and a small rivulet of blood flowed from her mouth. Celestia’s eyes narrowed, and she fixed a stare full of cold fury on the leader of the humans. “You hurt her. You’re going to regret that.”

He met her gaze, totally unafraid. “Yeah, we hurt her. And we’re going to do a lot worse to her. You too, if you interfere.”

Luna stepped forwards. Not as tall as her sister, her eyes were approximately level with the human’s nose, though her lack of even Celestia’s minimal attempt to hide her rage made her just as intimidating a figure. “Do you not realize with whom you deal? We are the Royal Sisters, rulers of all of Equestria, immortal sovereigns of the Sun and Moon, slayers of many beasts, overthrowers of tyrants, the most powerful –”

“Yes, yes, you’re incredibly strong Force-users who aren’t used to being defied. We’ve killed your kind before. You’re also outnumbered by more than a hundred to one, and that’s if you count our prisoners as assets for you.”

“That,” Celestia replied, “is where you’re wrong. Please, look out a window.”

The sea of troopers parted to let him do so. Gazing outside, he saw the sky crowded with Royal Guard pegasi, and a cloud of dust on the horizon indicated the approach of the land-bound guardsponies. He turned back from the window. “Certainly an impressively large force, but your ponies just aren’t psychologically cut out for warfare. Most of them are absolutely incapable of bringing themselves to kill, and they’re too cowardly to face an enemy willing to slaughter them en masse.”

“They don’t need to kill you in order to defeat you,” Celestia said. “And they aren’t cowards. They’re loyal, and they will fight you if you leave us no other choice.”

Finally, the commander’s expression changed from his unconcerned glare. But it didn’t become full of fear, like the Royal Sisters had expected. Instead, he adopted a look of resignation. “We knew we wouldn’t survive this. Even if you didn’t stop us, the general would probably have us executed for all the diplomatic trouble we caused. We all accepted that we would die when we chose to do this. We decided that getting justice for the victims of this murderer you’ve created was more important than our own lives. We will get that justice, no matter what.”

“‘Murderer’? What are you talking about?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know! There’s no way her massacre of the Pinkie Pie clones escaped your notice.”

Celestia was now even more confused. “That wasn’t murder. Those were duplicates, not actual ponies.”

The commander’s face twisted into a visage of hate. “So. It all flows down from the top. I should have known. You spent too long indoctrinating her for her to hold any morals you disagree with. Helmets on, brothers! It’s time for us to sell our lives dearly!”

The movement drew her attention to the members of the human force, and she realized with a start that it wasn’t only their helmets that were identical. “You –! You’re –?”

“For our fallen brethren!” The commander turned his blaster towards Twilight, but Celestia got off the first strike. Strangely, the humans’ armor seemed totally incapable of protecting them, and she felt sickened when her magical blast tore a large swath through their forces, totally disintegrating the commander and several others behind him and tearing large chunks out of any unfortunate enough to be partially caught in the beam. The other humans seemed frozen with shock for half a second, giving the Royal Sisters just enough time to reach Twilight, Starlight, and Spike and throw up a joint shield before they were engulfed in a storm of blasterfire. Less than two seconds later, the windows shattered and the intensity of fire directed towards the shield lessened as the pegasi guardsponies rushed in to defend the Princesses.

The sisters lashed out with their magic, tearing apart large groups of humans. The pegasi who had broken into the room were quickly gunned down, and stormtroopers started firing out the windows. Screams, smoke, and blood filled the air, soon joined by the thunder of thermal detonators thrown into the unicorns and Earth ponies that arrived and were forced into the bottleneck of the castle’s one entrance. Moments later, guardsponies who managed to slip by the plasma and explosions began trickling in though the room’s door. As stormtroopers fell, this trickle became a flood. Firepower was diverted from the windows to the door, and pegasi gained a hoofhold in the windows. The stormtroopers were forced into a ring around the Royal Sisters’ shield, firing both into and out of their formation. Finally, the last trooper fell, knocked down by a buck from an Earth pony and stomped on until he finally stopped struggling.

The whole affair took less than five minutes.


The First Battle of Ponyville

Belligerents:
Equestria:

Initial Strength: 1,778 E.U.P. Guards

Commanders: Princess Celestia, Princess Luna
The Galactic Empire:

Initial Strength: 596 Stormtroopers

Commander: Clone Commander CC-8156 †

Casualties:
Equestria:

WIA: 853

KIA: 487

MIA: 216
The Galactic Empire:

WIA: 74

KIA: 393

MIA: 129

Result: Equestrian Victory

PreviousChapters Next