• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 9,948 Views, 181 Comments

Prince Of Darkness - RegalCrescent45



I've been waiting for a thousand years, And now it's finally time to come back to the one I loved.

  • ...
40
 181
 9,948

The Second Note

Author's Note:

Got a new computer and forgot my password for the longest time... I'm completely embarrassed here. My phone was still signed in but unfortunately it's an old piece of garbage and the site is buggy for it so I couldn't reset my password until a couple weeks ago and with family I had to save writing till late on weekends from now on but I plan on having a schedule for writing so I don't end up neglecting this again for any reason other than me being in the ER. And I gotta say it feels good to be back writing again. I should also work on my rambling problem so I can write longer chapters without a four hour editing process just trying to clip the fluff.

This is Ally signing off, Bye!

POV Alucard

Two days later found me in the castle archives looking for anything that may pertain to the note he received. I pulled everything from world history to newspaper clippings hoping to find something to ease this feeling of apprehension towards the note. About four hours into my search the door to the library opens up and Prince Blueblood walks in, after a moment of looking around he spots me and comes over.

"Ah, Prince Alucard. I have been looking for you." He exclaims as he takes a seat on the opposite side of the table I was using for my research.

"Have you now? And what would a Prince have need of another Prince for young Blueblood?" I say without looking up from the book I was currently searching through.

"Yes, I've been thinking about the Discord fiasco and I came to the same conclusion every time I tried. I'm simply not strong enough to protect the things I hold dear to me, my aunts Celestia and Luna." At this I look up in bewilderment as he had just admitted that he was weak, back before Luna's banishment royalty were suppose to never show weakness as it was the sign of an incompetent ruler. "I also overheard auntie Celestia talking to the element bearers the other afternoon and one of them asked how you were so powerful, She said that was mostly because of you being a vampire that you had so much power."

"Well, seems you know your stuff. But I'm afraid I don't know how this involves me young Prince." I say as I turn my attention back to the book in my hands.

"I want you to turn me into a vampire, if possible." He says as I'm turning a page, my hand jerks in surprise and the page tears halfway out.

After a few seconds of silence I manage to compose myself. "And why would you wish to take the form of one of the most hated demons in existence?"

"I want the power to protect those I care about, no matter the cost. How can I call myself a Prince if I can't even keep my subjects safe in times of strife?!" He cried, I wanted to say yes right then and there... but I needed to talk it over with Celestia and Luna first to see if they were okay with it.

"Well, I need to speak with Celestia and Luna about this matter before I can agree of disagree with this plan of yours young Blueblood." I say as I get ready to place the books and other items back where I found them.

"Um, If you don't mind me asking what were you looking up?" He asks looking around and noticing that most of the information pertained to the last thousand years.

"I received an anonymous note a few days ago with a single word written on it. I was hoping to find something out about it here, but alas my efforts were in vain as there appears to be no mention of Millennium that I've found thus far." I say as I place a book back on a nearby shelf. After a few minutes I finish placing the tomes back and I inform the keeper that I am finished. "Lets go have a chat with your aunties."

It took us about five minutes to reach the throne room and the guards swung the doors open as we approached. Both Celestia and Luna were there talking to one of the 'Nobles' who had completely unrealistic requests. "Alright everypony court is done for today." I say as we enter the room.

The other ponies in the room looked at me and nearly fainted from fright as they had never seen me before now. While being mildly amusing it didn't help my situation in the slightest.

"And why should we listen to a monstrosity like you?" One of the nobles asks from the back of the crowd. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Celestia and Luna both grow worried I would make a scene or something... and they were entirely correct in their assumptions.

"You should listen to me because if you don't leave you will end up either dead on this pretty marble floor or teleported somewhere on the other side of the planet with no way home, and trust me I intend on following up on these threats." I reply as I make my way slowly towards the thrones which just so happened to be behind the group of now scared shitless nobles.

As I got close they all surged by me and made for the door... and the entire time I couldn't wipe the grin off of my face. With all of them now gone I approached the Dias and looked up at my wife and sister. "Good Afternoon to the both of you." I say with a small bow, but not without a smirk.

"I hope you have a good reason for interrupting Court Husband Dearest?" Luna complains as she stands up and makes her way down the steps. The entire time Blueblood hasn't moved from his spot from when we entered the room and I threatened the Snobles. "Not that I'm truly upset over not having to deal with those brats, But I would like to get done with them in a timely manner so that I have at least a little time to myself this afternoon."

"I believe what I have to say is more important then the entire nobility combined Lovely Luna. Young Blueblood has made a request of me... One that I'm afraid concerns all of us in this room at the moment." I respond while dropping the smirks and smiles and becoming serious enough to make even Starswirl nervous. "I'll let him explain it to the two of you and let you be the judge of what is to happen. Just know, Blueblood that I will respect their decision and nothing you say can affect it once it is made. So your job is to convince them that it is worth the effort."

"You see aunties, I feel that with the latest crisis along with the Discord incident that I don't have the power to protect what I love and care about. These past few days I have just been sitting in my chambers thinking about how to become strong enough to help others when another situation arises. I don't want to sit on the sidelines while you or the Elements or Prince Alucard go off to fight. It makes me feel worthless when I can't fight for my subjects and have to cower among them... I honestly feel like I owe it to them to fight to keep them safe from these kinds of things." Prince Blueblood exclaimed garnering shocked expressions from both Celestia and Luna.

"We had no idea you felt this strongly about protecting those around you nephew. But I don't know how to help you gain the kind of power you seek, short of making you an Alicorn. But even then because of Cadence recently ascending another Alicorn appearing would throw the magical balance off too far, the earliest it could happen is a year from now I'm afraid." Celestia says as she walks down the steps and stops in front of Blueblood. "I wish there was more we can do."

"There may not be anything you can do Aunt Celestia, Uncle Alucard can. I overheard that he is a Vampire and I did some research and found out that fully turned Vampires can turn others so long as they are a virgin, and as far as I know I haven't bedded any mares yet. So with your permission I wish for him to turn me into a Vampire so that I have the power to protect my subjects!" He declared, Once again receiving stunned looks from both Alicorns standing in front of him.

"You know that by doing so you give up your title as Prince of Equestria and you become a citizen of the Sanguine Empire and must follow all the laws and customs therein?" Celestia asks once she had recovered from her shock.

"I am willing to accept those conditions so long as I can protect those I care about." He replies as he looks expectantly between the two.

"So long as you know what you are getting into we see no reason to stop you, your motives are pure hearted and noble." Luna declared while extending her wings for emphasis.

"So it is decided, and feel free to invite your Element Bearers Sister. I have no qualms if they wish to observe. We shall reconvene in four hours so I can begin young Blueblood's transformation." I say as I turn around and make my way to the door. I only take a few steps toward the large wooden gates.

"Wait a moment Ally, We wish to speak with you about a few things regarding Chaos Magic and Discord. We want to know if it was possible for him to live in peace with us... You seem to have your magic under complete control so perhaps you could help him adjust to his?" Luna asks with a worried look while Celestia is just standing there staring off into space for some reason.

"If only it were that easy Luna, the one thing that I never mentioned is that Chaos Magic is alive like other magic. However it goes a litter further than that but I can't talk about that now. As for if I think Discord can live among us without conflict, I believe it is possible if both parties were to give each other a fair chance. We must work together with each other and find an outlet for his magic so that it doesn't overflow quite as much." I answer as I turn around to face them once again. "If you want we can go let him out again?"

"As long you are there to keep him in line I see no harm in letting him speak for himself. What say you sister?" Luna says as she turns towards her Solar counterpart.

"I guess it couldn't hurt." She replies almost as if in a daze.

"What's the matter sister?" Luna reaches out to grasp her sister's shoulder. "You seem distant."

"I am not sure Lulu, I just got this feeling of foreboding all of a sudden but I can't understand it." This doesn't sound good... Looks like I'll need to have my guards ready in the near future.

Just then a scroll materialized directly in front of me and although I don't look it I am quite startled indeed. I grab the scroll out of the air and ready to break the seal only for a wave of cold to wash over me, it seems that the others don't feel it so I just shrug it off and open the scroll anyway. What I find written on the parchment is one of the last things I wanted to see until after I had died.

POV Celestia

I saw him hesitate to open the scroll for a full three seconds before breaking the seal and unfurling the scroll only for him to stop and stare blankly at the words written on it. But then I noticed a change, however subtle it was, as his breathing became harsher and more labored. in mere moments the air in the room had bitten into every one of us right down to the bone and infected our very beings with numbness. The next thing I know Alucard is screaming in what appears to be agony after having dropped the scroll. We could do nothing but watch as he writhed in pain and flailed his arms about, any attempt to get closer was met with a surge of his chaos magic turning those who dared into inanimate objects. This continued for almost three minutes before his screams subsided and he seemed to calm down, and them he looked at us... His eyes had gone from their piercing blue to a violent crimson red. I knew then that unless I did something none of us would live much longer, the last time I had seen him in this state was when an assassin was sent after Luna.

Throwing the strongest shield I could manage around the group. I had only gotten the barrier set up before he started pounding on it with his fists making small cracks start appearing after the fourth hit. Sister I need you to cast a sleep spell on his NOW!"

"Right..." It seems that this is affecting her, But she manages to cast the spell before my shield can fully break under the force of Alucard's attacks which were now becoming les powerful as the sleep spell took hold over him. In all it took about 4 minutes for him to fall to the floor unconscious.

After getting some guards to take him to the infirmary I walk over to the scroll he had dropped and pick it up. Flipping it over so I could see what was written on it that could make him go berserk like that. But I wasn't prepared for what I saw... there written on the middle of the parchment was a name I hadn't heard in over a thousand years.

Shadow Lily