• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 9,948 Views, 181 Comments

Prince Of Darkness - RegalCrescent45



I've been waiting for a thousand years, And now it's finally time to come back to the one I loved.

  • ...
40
 181
 9,948

Dinner and a Show

POV Alucard

And so with Tia leading them we make it back to the dining hall. The entire time I can see many questions forming in the young mares minds, even a few from my wife and sister. I knew I wasn't going to get away with not answering them so I resigned myself for a game of twenty questions. We make it to the dining hall and everyone takes a seat, the servants come and take orders. I myself have nothing as I have no real need of solid food, most of the time I eat out of a need to make others feel at ease. Dining with someone who never eats is rather unnerving... Or so I've been told.

The first one to speak is Twilight or course. "What was that back there? It looked like Dark magic."

What? "Dark magic?"

"Yes, spells normal unicorns are forbidden from casting as they tend to corrupt the user or those around them. What you did looks like an advanced form of Soul magic."

"Well that is certainly news to me... You see before my exile such magic was common knowledge. I myself established a University based around Shadow, Soul and Memory magic. In fact Shadow Lily was a practitioner of Shadow magic, and was quite good at it too." As I was talking a majority of the mares were taking a drink and started sputtering.

The first to recover was Pinkie. "So does that make you evil Ally?" Immediately all eyes were fixed on either her or me waiting for something to happen.

"I don't see why it would Pinkie Pie... Since I was the one who created such magic I can control it properly. That was the basis for one of the main rules at my school. Any pony who wished to learn had to have a proctor with them at all times so that they can prevent total disasters. Now that I have returned I should look into bringing the old magic back. I'm afraid the only masters os Shadow magic are myself and Luna. And only I remember Soul and Memory magic." Seeing as I wasn't going to do anything to Pinkie they calmed down.

The next to speak up was Rarity. "I don't mean to be rude dear but... What are you wearing? It looks rather ghastly if you ask me." I was wearing my normal clothing, I hardly ever changed unless my clothes became damaged in some way, being pseudo undead means you don't sweat or smell after a workout so I didn't feel the need. Currently I was wearing my long coat with matching wide brim hat both in an eerie shade of red. Under that was a black vest with a white long sleeve underneath. I also had a pair of white gloves with a pentagram seal on the backs. Pants made of a rough black material that I forget the name of. And lastly a pair of black boots with bits of iron plating on the tops.

"I don't see what's wrong with it to be honest with you Lady Rarity, This is actually what I wear to formal gatherings as a show of my titles." I Don't quite understand how the conversation shifted to my clothing...

It was then Fluttershy of all ponies spoke up. "Will you tell us what that other you was out there? Um... That is i-if you want to..." She started but trailed off as she gained the attention of the tall man.

"Of course Fluttershy, That was the result of this." I say before pulling the crystal out again causing a few to cringe at the sight of it. "This is called a Reflection Gem, it is imbued with a spell that make;s the users deepest fears take on a physical form. We used this as a tool at the school to help the students overcome their fears. As the magic taught there could only corrupt them through said fears. Though Memory magic is the safest out of all three, the biggest threat there is getting lost inside of ones own mind and never leaving."

"Can I try it then?" Everyone turns to look at the mare that spoke, landing our gazes on the rainbow maned athlete. "What?"

I however was curious... What could she be afraid of? "I will allow it under the rules set forth in my school. Which are as follows. One, The trainee must have a qualified proctor with them at all times for practice. Two, Trainee must follow all commands given by said proctor. Three, Trainee must concede to the judgement of the proctor if they feel it necessary to stop the test immediately and give no protest afterwards. Do you agree to these conditions miss Dash?"

"I guess? I don't really get that stuff but I wanna try this so yeah." The others looked a bit worried, and I guess it's for a good reason. They don't want to see their friend get hurt. So I have to make sure that doesn't happen.

With that I get up and walk to an open space on the room, motioning for Rainbow to follow I give the crystal to her. "To begin you must focus magic into the Reflection Gem, then you will plunge it into your body. The spell with take care of the rest. Any questions?"

"Yeah I'm not a unicorn I can't do magic."

With a hearty chuckle I shake my head. "If magic was limited to Unicorns Equestria would've fallen apart ages ago Rainbow. Pegasi and Earth ponies can do magic. You just need to learn how. For pegasi it manifest naturally when you manipulate the weather or fly, that stuff happens without you controlling it. But if you learn to focus it consciously it lets you do extraordinary things. Using this power I've seen a single pony stop a raging hurricane that would have destroyed Manehatten, this feat normally would require every pegasus in the kingdom to accomplish. But she was true to her namesake, Commander Hurricane obliterated the storm with a mere five beats of her wings."

"You knew Commander Hurricane!?" Now there was a twinkle in her eyes.

"I did, she was one of my closest friends. I knew all of Equestria's founding members, Starswirl, Pansy, Cookie, Clover, Puddinghead, Platinum, I knew them all."

"YOU KNEW STARSWIRL!?" This was as far as I got before Twilight tackled me into the marble floor. "Tell me EVERYTHING! What was he like, what was his favorite food, what were his hobbies, did he have a special somepony, did he-" I closed her mouth with my hand and forced her to be quiet.

"First of all can I stand up? I don't mind laying with a pretty mare but not on hard marble floors generally if I can help it." looking down she found she had me straddled with her fore hooves planted on my chest pinning me to the floor. She jumped up with a tiny 'eep' and back a few steps away while her face turned a bright red. The rest of the mare in the room having trouble keeping their laughter in check, the worst were Pinkie and Rainbow who were rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably. "Yes I knew that doddering old fool. He and I didn't ever fully agree on anything. He was always too engrossed in his research that he made no attempt at making any friends. His spells are the result of him working every day of his life. Though if yu wish to know more then you can ask me another time, right now I would like to begin Rainbows test."

"That there crystal won't hurt her will it? Ah don't wanna have ta run this featherbrain ta the hospital cause you gone an' did somethin foolish now." Applejack asked worriedly. I can tell she cares deeply for her friends.

"It's perfectly safe, when she stabs herself it doesn't harm her physically. It's her mental state you should all worry about. It will bring her deepest darkest fear out and she will have to confront it in order to pass. And to make things clear none of us are allowed to help her no matter what. The only time someone on the outside can interfere is if she is in danger of being taken over by her darkness. If that should start to happen I will step in and end the test. Also this test is open for any of you, Just make sure I am there to watch over you.." And with that I turn back to Rainbow who was waiting rather patiently for some reason.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, about as ready as I can be I suppose. But I still don't know how to use this thing." She says looking at the hunk of black crystal gripped in her fetlock.

"Very simple, Do you remember how it feels when you shape a cloud? That feeling of warmth that builds up in your chest, That is the key, when you shape a cloud you subconsciously channel magic into your hooves and use it to mold the cloud into what ever you want it to be. Just remember that feeling and bring it forward."

"With that she closes her eyes and looks to be concentrating. Backing off I create a transparent dome over her with enough room to move around inside. Once I see the crystal glow a dark sickly blue indicating she succeeded, she opens her eyes and looks at it. Hesitating for only a second she drives it into her chest. At first nothing seems to happen.

Then the screaming started...

Her friends immediately went forward and pounded on the barrier I put up. Twilight turns back and glares at me. "I thought she wouldn't get hurt! What's going on?!"

"This is normal Twilight, the pain she's feeling is temporary. It happens to everyone when they take this test." It took almost thirty seconds for the screams to die down and devolve into faint whimpers. Once she stands back up something strange starts happening, six shadows begin to form on the inside of the barrier. These shadows slowly take shape and form into twisted copies of the same mares outside of the shield with herself included the entire group now stood in front of her...

The mares shied away from the shield at the sight of their doppelgangers and looked back at me. Each of them with more worry than ever etched onto their faces. I motion for them to look back at the scene before them.

(From here until the end of the test the dark versions of the mane six will be named as follows, Twi AJ Pinks Flutters Rares and RD)

The group of corrupted mare all begin to move around Rainbow and surround her giggling mirthlessly.

"Look what we have here girls, the little rainbow bitch wants to see us now..." The first one to speak was RD, her voice filled with hate.

Rainbow was quick to respond. "What's happening... Who are you guys suppose to be?"

"Why... We're yer friends o' course..." AJ said with an innocent sounding giggle.

"Now now Applejack, you mustn't lie to the poor filly..." Rares scolded the dingy farm mare. "We shouldn't even dignify her with a response... But I guess that's just how generous I am Darling."

The dark mares were now circling the rainbow maned mare, chanting hurtful words and sowing dark thoughts inside of her head.

"We could never be friends with somepony as selfish as you..."

"Loser!"

"N-no... That isn't true!"

Showoff!"

"Rainbow Crash!"

"Don't you see? We all hate you... You multicolored freak!"

"No... Please... Stop!" By now she was shaking visibly. Her eyes shrunk into pinpricks.

"Oh but it is true Rainbow Dash. Would we ever lie ta you?" AJ put in.

"Freak!"

"You're nothing"

"Fake"

"Stupid"

"Please! Stop!" Now her eyes had turned a sickly green and were emitting faint wisps of violet smoke. She was on the verge of tears from the verbal assault from her friends dark counterparts. I had seen enough. It was clear this was a deep seeded fear that she could not handle in her current state.

"ENOUGH! I have seen quite enough here!" I remove the shield and advance towards the false mares striking each of them down and reducing them to black mist which dissipated into nothing. Reaching the rainbow pegasus I remove the crystal. Within second she was snapped from her daze and upon realizing what just happened, she ran. Without looking back she bolted from the room startling the guards posted on the outside and took off down the hall to where ever it lead.

That left me with five angry mares and two slightly confused Princesses who I have noticed were unnaturally quiet throughout the whole ordeal.

This is gonna be fun... Maybe.

Author's Note:

I wrote this chapter today as I had the free time to do so, so that being said I still have nothing to do so I plan on at least starting the next one. For clarification Hearths Warming didn't happen the same way it did in the show, I plan on having a special chapter for the holidays later on in the story to explain this difference. Anyway here's the next chapter I hope you enjoyed reading it. Keep me posted on any errors you find that I missed during my proof read beforehand.

Cya later guys. Til next time