• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 9,948 Views, 181 Comments

Prince Of Darkness - RegalCrescent45



I've been waiting for a thousand years, And now it's finally time to come back to the one I loved.

  • ...
40
 181
 9,948

Corrupted

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for making you guys wait so long for this chapter, but technology seems to hate me. I plan on getting at least one chapter a week out to you guys, two if it's a special. Also I wanted to give a heads up to you guys who may or may not know who this is but I have a special character being introduced next chapter. keep your eyes peeled for that!

P.S. This chapter was stuck at 600 words until i got my new laptop, I wrote the rest in a single afternoon. never thought I could pull that off lol anyway I'll let you get to the story now.

This is Ally signing off, Bye!

POV Alucard

I awoke to the sound of cracking glass. Raising my head I see a crimson dome with a spiderweb of cracks spread out on the front. Looking past the barrier I see a white unicorn stallion with a blond mane and sky blue eyes.

"Who, pray tell, are you young unicorn?" I say letting my barrier slowly repair itself. It's a good thing I put one up after before I dozed off that second time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I was not going to get hit with magic a third time so soon. though I do have to give this stallion some respect, for him to have damaged it so badly speaks volumes for his prowess as a unicorn. But something felt off about this one, and I aim to find out what.

"I am Prince Blueblood, and I have allowed your vile presence in this castle for too long creature!" Blueblood replied with a scowl.

"Well young prince, I'm afraid you simply do not have the authority to make me leave. Only my wife has that power." During the conversation I was analyzing the strange energy that seems to be affecting the young stallion. After a few seconds I nearly bolted from the throne, I knew that magic felt familiar!

"I have all the authority I need to make you disappear, monster." He continues, but I've already stopped listening to him and started forming a plan to pull the energy out of his system. Finally I just decide to knock him out first.

Standing from the throne, I start to make my way towards the young prince. I get withing striking distance and decide to take the easy route for a change, I slam a sleep spell into his face! Not very elegant but it gets the job done as he slumps to the floor snoring slightly. I then grip his horn and lift his head from the ground. Channeling a bit of power I use it to draw in the offending energy and concentrate it in his horn so that I can pull it out without harming him too badly. Once it was all centered in his horn I start drawing out the energy as carefully as i can.

Needless to say this process isn't very pleasant. In fact it is quite painful to have done. However it is the only way to remove every last bit, so I have no choice.

Once the energy is all drained out of him I pick him up and sling him over my left shoulder. I take him out into the hallway where i flag down a passing guard, Handing the stallion to the guard I have him take the prince to the infirmary for me. Once that is taken care of I head back into the throne room and sit back down on the gold and ivory throne.

One hour later

The door to the rooms opens and the six mares, Tia and Lulu walk in. They're followed by two ponies I don't recognize. One is a white unicorn stallion with a two tone blue mane and a shield with a six pointed arcane star for a cutie mark. The other is surprisingly an alicorn! She's pink with a three tone mane of pink, purple, and pale yellow. and a cutie mark of... the Crystal Heart, now I'm confused.

"hello dear family and subjects, I hope breakfast was a pleasant affair today." I say not getting up from the chair. "I hope you are doing okay this fine morning, because I have some serious news."

"And what would that be little brother?" Tia replied from off to the side.

"It appears our local Chaos Mage sank his claws into young prince Blueblood. I've already taken care of him, but he'll be waking up in the infirmary with a headache and wondering what happened to him."

"Thank you Ally, I'm glad to have you back. Little brother." Tia said with a smile.

POV ???

A cloaked figure stood in the back of a pitch black cave, located somewhere to the east of Canterlot. In front of him stands a pedestal which holds a clear crystal ball. After a few seconds of standing still the figure's horn starts to glow an eerie, almost sickly green color. The unicorn's aura surrounds the crystal ball for a moment and then fades. Then a voice issues forth from the clear ball.

"Have you made any progress with the test subjects I sent you?" The voice was deep and had an ominous boom to it, making it sound like it was coming form multiple directions from within the cave system.

"Of course sire, this batch of test subjects have taken quite well to the injections we've been applying. But some were still failures, and we may require more subjects in order to perfect the serum before we make our final preparations, my Lord." The unicorn replied in a slightly nasally voice.

"If it's more guinea pigs you need, then you shall have them. Expect a fresh group in four days time my loyal servant." And with that the connection drops with an rumbling, echoing chuckle that reverberated throughout the caves

POV Faust

The scene fades from her mind, having just witnessed the conversation between the unicorn and it's master. She needed to prepare a scroll and send it to Alucard before it was too late. What ever those two had planned, she knew Alucard wouldn't res until he put a sop to it if it would put his family and subjects in danger.

POV Alucard

Since our little conversation in the throne room me and the princesses have retired to the private sitting room to begin discussing more important matters

"So Ally, can I ask you something?"Tia says taking a sip of her Chai tea.

"I believe you just asked me one sister." I respond with a smirk.

"I meant a serious one, I wanted to know how you discovered the Chaos magic in young Blueblood's body."

"Indeed Al, how did you know?" Luna asks while leaning against my side and resting her head on my shoulder.

"How much do you two know about Chaos magic?" I ask while pouring myself another cup of tea.

"We don't know all that much, since Discord if the only being with near full control of it." Luna replies from my shoulder.

"Then let me tell you a little more about it, I've come to understand it quite well over these last thousand years. Chaos magic isn't obtained through ordinary means, in order of gain the ability to use Chaos magic... one must understand more than what is possible for a single mind. This form of magic draws its power not from within... but from everything around us. For example, if Discord were here and the two of you got into an argument... he would gain more power. That's how it works fundamentally."

"Now, in order to understand more than what most accept as reality, the mind must first be broken. Once the mind of a being has been shattered, one of two things can happen. Option one it that their mind slowly repairs itself back to the way it was by putting itself into a comatose like state. Once the individual is in this state no outside force can interrupt the process until it is finished."

"The other option is one that is better off never being experienced by mortals. Option two involves a much darker set of circumstances. Once the mind of an individual is shattered like this... one has to make a choice. The choice to accept reality or to reject it. And for those who choose to rehect the reality around them, they remain as they are. Shattered until they come to an understanding. This can take as little time as a day, or as long as a lifetime. But eventually the individual comes to a conclusion, and that conclusion is always the same for everyone."

"The conclusion all Chaos mages come to, is that reality is what we make of it. And it makes sense that way, if one of them were to believe that something is so, then the forces of the magic bend to that individuals will to make it so. For example, if I wanted to turn your crowns into chocolate, all I would need to do is apply enough willpower and the magic that built up inside of me would mix with that willpower and change your crowns into chocolate wrapped in gold foil."

"But there is another facet of Chaos magic that is what you two are already aware of. It is called Chaos Explosion, this happens when a Chaos magic user stops using their magic for a certain length of time. At which point the magic they have been accumulating will start to overflow into their immediate surroundings. Forcing the magic to take random effects and live up to its name sake, Chaos."

"Discord is a prime example of this affliction. His buildup of Chaos magic is extremely fast, so do the two of you know what that means?"

"That his magic would start to overflow faster?" Luna responds with her head still resting on my shoulder.

"Indeed, now you two understand why he uses his magic so frequently. If he stopped I dare say his overflow would destroy the planet. When Chaos magic starts to overflow like that, there is no will driving it for a singular purpose like always. So in turn the magic does what ever it wants regardless of what the consequences might be. It would reverse gravity for the whole planet if it wanted, or it could turn all your gold into lead. do you see what I'm getting at?"

"I think I understand, but I want to know how you found out all of this." Tia asks from the other side of the table.

"Well how about I show you?" I say while slipping off one of my black steel gauntlets. Once it's free I snap my fingers and in a burst of red light a glass of strawberry milk appears on the table. "I know all of this because I myself have acquired Chaos magic dear sister. And before you ask, no I won't explain it to you right now. It is getting quite late and I haven't gotten proper sleep in a while. I will however tell you over breakfast in the morning."

A short walk later found me and Luna outside her bedchambers. The doors were painted black with a depiction of a crescent moon and starry night, how very fitting.

After a quick shower I magicked up some night clothes for myself and climbed into bed beside my beautiful moon goddess. Within minutes I was sucked into a dreamless sleep.

However unbeknownst either of us a scroll appeared in a black flash with a magenta ribbon tied around it and fell onto Luna's writing desk on the far side of the room.