• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 9,913 Views, 181 Comments

Prince Of Darkness - RegalCrescent45



I've been waiting for a thousand years, And now it's finally time to come back to the one I loved.

  • ...
40
 181
 9,913

Tears, Fears and... hugs?

Author's Note:

Here we go.... two days in a row. I got nothing to say since this was writing in tandem with the last chapter. As always point out any mistakes I may have missed and enjoy! Feedback is always welcome.

Cya all later.

POV Alucard

So here I am with a group of ticked off mares and my wife and sister just staring at me with blank faces... Best get to work I suppose.

"What do you all wanna know?" I ask as I fall back into my seat preparing myself for the tongue lashing I'm about to receive.

"What I want to know is why those things were so hard on her like that!" came a voice from the back, and honestly the last one I thought would yell like that, Fluttershy.

"What do you mean? You mean the images of the five of you? Well that's kind of difficult to give an answer for. But... If I had to say it would be that's what she truly believes deep inside, even if she doesn't admit it to herself. She believes you all hate her and no longer wish to be her friends, and before you say that the Gem is lying. It has never been wrong, Her deepest fear is the most valid one. She fears being abandoned by you all. Why that is I do not know." with this I turn to Celestia. "The two of you have been rather quiet so far, my question is why?"

"Honestly I am at a loss for what just happened..." Celestia comments.

"Indeed sister." Luna adds

"Well I need to go take care of this now, you all should stay here for now. Just do what ever I'll take care of her for now." I get up and make my way o the hall asking the guards which way she flew off, they pointed towards the south end of the castle. About a hall into my journey I here the clopping of hooves behind me. "You should stay away for now girls, do you really think she wishes to see the objects of her fear? Especially so soon after being put trough that ordeal?" And with that they stay behind.

Walking a few more corridors I try something different, I push my magic out and search this way. Feeling, for lack of a better term, where every single pony is in the structure. Doing this I quickly find her at the top of one of the west towers. With a destination I set off to find the distraught mare.


Climbing the last few steps I see her sitting on the balcony looking over and out into the sprawling city below us. "They care you know..."

She jumps a bit at the sound of my voice but doesn't turn around. "Do they though? I ask myself that almost everyday now... Do they really wanna be my friends?"

Moving forwards I sit next to her and look out with her. "Why do you feel this way Rainbow? What caused you to lose faith in your friends like this?"

"Why do you care? You don't have to ya know..."

"But I do, I care for all my subjects. Should they need me for anything, I will be there no matter what. Right now, that's you Rainbow. Let me help you."

We do nothing but sit in silence for nearly five minutes. "The betrayed me, I thought they cared back then. They could have done something,anything. But they thought humiliating me like they did was the right thing to do."

I pull her in for a hug. "Tell me what happened, I'm here for you right now, Say what ever you wish."

"I admit what I did, I was getting so full of myself then, I let my accomplishments go to my head. I know I've always had a bit of an ego... But I never let it go too far before then. But when I started getting recognition for what I did. All that attention changed me. But that doesn't excuse what they did to me. They all were in on it... Making me look like a little child at every chance they got. It just make me so mad, I mean how could they DO that to me. I thought we were friends and yet they tried to make me look bad on purpose. At the time I... I hated them. Maybe I still do a little, I just don't know if I can trust them anymore." By now the normally calm and collected mare was sobbing into my coat, utterly destroyed by what had happened.

"Let it out Dash, You don't have to act tough around me or Celestia and Luna. We understand what you're going through. I once went through this same feeling, and even now it weighs heavily on my soul. Having to imprison somepony I once loved, it... Felt like my world had ended, being forced to seal him away like that. In a way I felt as if I had failed somehow."

"...Who was he?" She asks not bringing her face up from my jacket.

"It was Star Gazer, the other stallion in mine and Luna's herd before Nightmare Moon surfaced. He was using advanced Scrying magic and forgot to shield himself. He went insane and developed Chaos magic. He turned into what is now known as Discord. Myself and Luna tried to reason with him... But it seemed like he just...forgot we existed. Like he didn't know us anymore." looking down at her I see she's trembling, I take my coat off and drape it around her to shield her from the cold, with it being nearly winter the weather is less forgiving.

"Thanks..." She mumbled out from the crimson fabric. "What was he like, Discord I mean. Before he got like that."

"He was... A gentle soul. Wouldn't harm a fly even if said fly had killed his entire family. He.. Would have loved to see Equestria as it is now, before we founded this land he was fearful. Not for himself no... But for others, He always put others first, When his son was born he did everything he could for Luna. He fetched her meals, made her comfortable in bed while she recovered. He loved her, and in turn I loved him because he cared so must for the mare I cared for. But I could tell he was troubled, you see he had a brother. While Star Gazer got the looks in his family, his brother got the brains. Starswirl was always so busy, But I can't hate him. We may not be here if it weren't for him."

"What do you mean? I still don't know how this involves my trust issues Your Highness."

"I was getting to that, Back then old beardy did nothing but study. Now I just wish I could thank him for saving us. Dash have you heard the joke that goes 'We'll take the town and PUSH it somewhere else'?" To which she nods and chuckles. "Well, would it surprise you that Starswirl succeeded in doing just that? He managed to teleport the entirety of pony kind and moves them here to this valley. He sent us to the other side of the planet Dash, because there was no other choice. The cold was getting worse, the bickering escalated among our people feeding the Wendigoes more power. But that entire time I had doubts and I looked at him like I couldn't trust him, Yet he saved us all and payed the priced for his choice."

"What happened?" Looking down as her I didn't see her as Rainbow Dash, no... She looked like a completely different mare thanks to that multicolored mane.

"The spell he used was powerful yes, but he didn't have the power to cast it by himself normally. But with my own research into Soul magic, He used his soul as the catalyst for it, he burnt himself to ashes to make sure those he cared about were safe. It was then I knew then I had judged the stallion unfairly. What I'm getting at Dash is to give them another chance to earn your trust back. For if you don't have friends, you have nothing in this world of ours." And with that silence once again dominated the balcony. By now the sun was beginning to set and it looked like Rainbow was getting plenty tired I didn't wanna move her as she had just fallen asleep leaning into my side letting out cute little snores. Reaching out with my magic I placed a shield over the balcony to keep the wind off of us and wove a heat spell into the air around us to stave off the worst of the night chill.

"Looky here Sister, our dear Ally is getting cozy with miss Dash" I could hear Luna speaking through a telepathy spell

"Indeed Luna... Should we ready the wedding bells?" Celestia chimed in.

""Oh ha ha ha. You two know as well as I that I wouldn't take advantage of a mare like this, We shall meet you and the others in the morning Lulu." I think back to them.

After the connection drops I start drifting off to sleep with the prismatic pegasus snuggled into my side.


POV Rainbow Dash

Morning came all too quickly as the first rays peaked over the edge of the balcony and landed on our faces stirring us from our slumber. The first to get up from the floor was Rainbow Dash, looking around and rubbing the sleep from her eyes she looks down and finds the bipedal prince laying there where she was previously snuggled into him. Oh no! Princess Luna is gonna be so pissed! I gotta get outta here before he wakes up. Stretching I get ready to take off when I slam face first into a shield spell I didn't notice before.

Shaking the dizziness from my head I hear a groan from behind me that makes me freeze.


POV Alucard

The first thing I feel as I come to is my shield taking a hit. Probably Rainbow wanting out to stretch her wings. I sit up with a groan and drop the shield letting the heat dissipate in the cool morning air. Opening my eyes I see her sitting there with wide eyes frozen in fear of something. "Something wrong Rainbow?"

She jumps a bot at my voice and turns away. "Won't Princess Luna be upset I slept with you? And you for that matter aren't you mad that I took advantage of you like that?"

well isn't this a tad strange, so she thinks we would be upset over this?"Not really Rainbow, besides you fell asleep first and I didn't want to wake you after what you went through. Oh and Luna already knows. She and Tia last night decided to rub it in last night before I followed you to dreamland."

"Why?"

"What?" Confused I lean forward.

"Why did you care so much about me?" She looked down at the floor.

"You remind me of somepony I knew, She was part of my herd with Luna back then. I didn't know her all too well but we got along for the sake of the others happiness. We became good friends, and I regret not giving her a chance like I did to Star Gazer. Ha look at me getting all sentimental. If Hurricane saw me now she'd never let it go."

Rainbow looked up into my face and said the four words I hoped she wouldn't. "What was her name?"

Letting out a sigh I look out at the sunrise. "It was Spectrum Blitz. Ya know it's funny really, you have so many of her traits. The multicolor mane, rough and tough attitude most of the time and lastly your name is so similar to hers. That and she was as loyal a friend as anypony could be back then."

"No... That can't be right. I have an ancestor named Spectrum Blitz! I thought my mom and dad were crazy or it was just some story that go messed up over the years. Now I dunno, Knowing she could have existed for real."

"Y-your descended from Spec...?" I couldn't believe it... After all these years I never thought she had any children. Maybe this won't be so bad after all...

"What's wrong?" She looks worried seeing me not moving and shaking slightly.

"Come with me Dash..." I get up and make my way down the stairs. I have to know for sure, and if I remember Tia she keeps detail records of family trees in the archives.

"Where are we going big guy?"

"I need information so we're off to the archives for a few minutes while I looks something up. It won't take very long."

We make it to the archives and enter past the guards, They give Rainbow a hard look but I wave them off. Moving over to the Are where Census information is kept I rifle through the parchment until I come across the one labeled Spectrum Blitz. Nopony writes these as they are enchanted to update when a new pony is born into the family line. And there at the very bottom of the scroll are two names, one is in fact Rainbow Dash. The other is one I don't recognize. I'll have to ask around about it.

I may have missed out before Spectrum, But I promise you I won't do it again. I turn around and grab Rainbow in a tight hug startling her and making her wings lock up in fright. "Welcome home Dash... My granddaughter.