• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 9,911 Views, 181 Comments

Prince Of Darkness - RegalCrescent45



I've been waiting for a thousand years, And now it's finally time to come back to the one I loved.

  • ...
40
 181
 9,911

The Invasion

Two months have passed, and in that time Equestria has had a couple major events. The first was The Grand Galloping Gala, and this year... it was truly entertaining. It might have even made Discord proud. Speaking of Discord, He's already been released and sealed again. Alucard barely noticed Discords magic before it was gone.

During this time everypony, including Alucard, went about their business as usual. Unless you don't count having a nervous breakdown and shutting down for almost two months to be usual business for Alucard. He felt that he failed as a friend and as a husband, so he stayed at the castle and barely left to do anything besides hunt.

Now, the entire city of Canterlot was preparing for the next big event that would change the lives of many. However none of them were working as hard as the six mares left in charge of major parts of the event. This event was none other than the Royal Wedding... and things might just take a turn for the worst this time.


It's now the day before the ceremony, and things are going according to everypony's plans. Including those who aren't so great... But there was a storm brewing in the distance, and at its front was a tall biped shrouded in polished black armor and murderous intent written upon its face. How did this storm come about? It happened several nights ago when Alucard was sitting upon this stone throne looking at the clear night sky and full moon.


Darkness fell on the castle just like any other night, and the lone biped sat on his old throne just like any other night. But unlike any other night he was about to be visited by someone he thought dead. Sitting with his eyes closed as they were, he heard her before he saw her.

"Hello Ally, it's been a while hasn't it?" Before him stood the one being that could overpower him if she so chose, Queen Faust herself, although she wasn't completely here right now. It was more like a ghostly apparition. "Ally, listen to me, In a few days time your wife and sister will be invaded by a species of Celestia's own creation. I can't tell you how they came into being, Cell has to tell you that part, but I can tell you that many will die if you don't assist in the city's defense, including your wife and sister. I believe it is time for the Nightwalker to make his appearance, don't you?" she said with a smirk etched into her muzzle.


"If my family and subjects are put in harms way, I will raze entire kingdoms if I must." The shadowy biped replied.

"You must prepare for the attack my son, nopony deserves what is coming. Also, Don't forget, anypony can change. You just need to give them a chance to try.


The morning of the wedding found everypony getting last minute preparations in order, they were so busy that they failed to notice one important thing. Somepony was missing... Twilight Sparkle was nowhere to be found in the castle or even the city. Only one other being knew of the insidious plot brewing right under the noses of the royals, and he was on his way to end it before it even started.

Covered in his polished black armor and crimson red cloak, Alucard lead his undead troops toward Canterlot, where he could already see the amassing army ready to lay siege to the ivory city. Among his troops were Griffons with varying states of decay, some were even missing limbs or were disemboweled. One of the undead birds was bigger than the others, a former officer. He carried the Vampire King on his back as the group flew towards the white and gold spires that made up Canterlot.

In the distance Alucard could see the dome surrounding the city started to shatter in the combined force of the enemy forces, urging his troops to move faster they arrived minutes after the start of the attack. Fortunately there were no casualties so far. and without hesitating he ordered his nearly two hundred griffons to start taking down the enemy, which turned out to be insectoid ponies.

He jumped off the griffons back and plummeted toward the castle, aiming for one of the windows.


A few minutes prior, Throne Room

"Twilight here was suspicious of my behavior all along!" Chrysalis exclaimed. "but that won't even matter soon enough. My changeling army will soon descend upon this worthless city! And there's nothing any of you can do about it!"

Then the shield surrounding the city starts to crumble, allowing the insects to rain from the skies and lay waste to the city below. the sounds of screaming and destruction could be heard all the way inside the castle.

Just then one of the windows shattered and a tall cloaked being fell through and rolled to its feet. When it stood to its full height, everypony in the room could tell it was bipedal. They could also see that it was just as tall as the princesses.

POV Alucard

After crashing through the window, I stand to my full height and look around the room from under the hood of my cloak. One glance revealed everything i needed to know about the situation so far, one hostile and several hostages, including the princess. The hostile was one of the insectoid ponies like the ones outside, but this one looked more powerful. The Queen maybe? Then the giant double doors burst open causing three dozen insectoids to come flooding into the room.


"I don't know who you think you are creature, but you are no match for me and my army. Surrender now o die!" Shouted he bug queen.

"You don't seem to realize just who you're threatening BUG!" i replied while scanning the room for any hidden hostiles that could make things harder for me.

"you insolent MONGREL!" She screamed, blinded by anger. "KILL THIS INSIGNIFICANT ANIMAL!"

The three dozen insectoids all charge me at once, and when they all get within several feet of where I'm standing they drop to the ground and start cowering like newborns.

"My my, it seems that your troops can sense things you cannot... They can sense what another beings feelings. Would you like to know what I'm feeling right now? I wouldn't mind telling you, you know." I say not breaking eye contact with the bug queen.

"Why should I care about what you're feeling, mongrel?" She answers.

"Because when you're dead, I want you to know why..." I say before taking a step towards the group of subdued ponies. The queen gets in front of me to halt my advance.

"Stay right where you are creature, these ponies are mine. Go find your own, before you get hurt... now SCRAM!" She shouts in my direction.

"Ya know, that would be intimidating... if you were, well... intimidating." I say from under my hood.

"Are you mocking me?!" I can see I'm starting to get to her.

"Oh no, no no pffft yea!" I can barely hold my laughter in check as I continue trying to provoke her into attacking.

"RRAAAAAAHHHH!!" Seething with anger she launches a massive blast of magic at me, easily the size of a small house.

With the huge blast heading my way I stand my ground and don't move. Taking the blast full in the face I get thrown to the other end of the room. When I try to get up I find that I can't feel one of my arms and legs... upon inspection I see that my left arm and right leg are both completely missing.

POV Twilight

The tall biped was now slumped against the wall at the far end of the room, and blood was seeping out from under its cloak! Why? Why did he have to fight her?

Tears starting forming in my eyes, I hated seeing others suffer like this! I almost didn't notice the blood moving almost in reverse, flowing back into the creatures body! How is it doing that?!

Once all of the blood had returned to the creature its limbs suddenly grew back! How is this happening?!? Now the creature was standing back up, like nothing even happened!

Looking at Chrysalis I could see that she was flabbergasted by what she was seeing, and I can agree with her on this. That amount of magic could hand killed the princess, and this unknown creature just walked it off as if it were nothing!

"Now that we have that out of the way. I will tell you why you should be afraid of me..." The biped spoke in a tone that could freeze water solid in seconds. It reached up to its hood and gripped the edges, pulling back the fabric.

Once the creatures face was clear of the hood I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing. Standing where i thought maybe a Diamond Dog or small dragon would have been, was none other than Alucard!

Author's Note:

to answer a previous comment i can't really make the chapters very long or else updates would almost never happen. the reason they're so small compared some other stories is that i have to work and take care of twins, so i don't always have hours to work on chapters. so instead of doing large updates that take weeks i can do 1k-3k updates that take a few days to do. hope this clears up a few things. give me what ever feedback you want, let me know what I did right or wrong and let me know how i can improve my writing!

This is Ally signing off, bye!