• Published 21st Feb 2016
  • 5,371 Views, 70 Comments

When Dimensions Unite - Turbo the Brony



When mysterious and powerful vortexes suddenly appear across various worlds, Sonic, Twilight, the Dragon Riders, the Mario Bros and others must travel across the Multiverse to save all of Reality!!

  • ...
17
 70
 5,371

Fire and Fury Part 1

Isle of Berk, HtTYD Universe

Things were a bit of a buzz in Berk, as though while most of the villagers were on their usual everyday errands and schedules, the Vikings and dragons were mostly occupied by the presence of the visitors that have arrived on Berk.

After meeting Hiccup and Astrid, along with their dragons, Toothless and Stormfly, Sonic and the rest of the team were spending their time around the island, following their arrival, most of the village had their concerns, but most decided to give them a chance, as the team met up with the rest of the dragon riders, Fishlegs and his Gronkle, Meatlug, Snotlout and his Monstrous Nightmare, Hookfang, the twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, with their Zippleback, Barf and Belch, and their newest member, Eret, who once worked for Drago and later helped the riders save their dragons, earning the loyalty of Hiccup, Astrid and their friends, as well as earning his own dragon, Skullcrusher the Rumblehorn, which once belonged to Hiccup’s dad, Stoick the Vast, the previous chief of Berk.

Once introductions were done, the team explained to Hiccup, his mother and Gobber, as well as the rest of the village about why they were here.

Though worried about the situation, Hiccup decided to welcome them and spend some time on the island while they were here.

Now each one of the group were all around doing what they wanted around the Island, some with odd results too.

“Hey, uh… Michelangelo? Are you certain about the making of this… uh… Peezay?” said a confused Mulch as he and Bucket were being taught Mikey on how to make pizza, though completely confused to about the strange food that these beings eat.

“First of all, it’s “Pizza”, Mulch,” said Mikey, “and second, creating pizza is art, you just add love, tomato sauce, lots of it, cheese, even more of it, then followed by any toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms, olives… but of course one thing you do not want on pizza are the anchovies, I tell ya, if there are anchovies on your pizza then you know that someone’s in trouble!”

Then a Terrible Terror, acting as the alarm, started singing, as a sign that the pizza was cooked, “Oh, it’s ready! I can’t wait to try this flat food!” said an excited Bucket, once then the three successfully got it out of the oven, “You see, my friends, Pizza!” said Mikey, feeling proud of himself.

However, as he tried to eat the crust, it was a bit hard, as the pizza had been burnt a bit too much.

Mikey and the two Vikings looked to the burnt, hard pizza, then to each other, until Mikey decided on one thing, “Frisbee, also cool.” He said as he threw the burnt pizza like a Frisbee as demonstration to them.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders, Roo, Lumpy, Rom, Ram and Peashy, on the other hand, were having a good time playing games with the young Viking kids and the little dragons, such as the baby dragons and Terrible Terrors, playing a game of Flightmare Tag, which was bit like regular tag.

Fluttershy was getting a little bit of a hang of things with the dragons, as she suddenly lost her fear of dragons, as she began liking all the adorable baby ones, such as like Spike back home, as she was currently hugging a Terrible Terror, much to it’s annoyance.

Donnie, meanwhile, was having a nice chat with Gobber at his workshop, looking at the different weapons that blacksmith made, “So you made all these yourself?” he asked.

Gobber gave chuckle as he shook his head at that and said “Most of them, some of the rest, you should let Hiccup show you, he helped on them, of course.”

“So,” said Donnie, “anything else you do, besides make weapons?”

Gobber thought about until he replied, “Well I made several other things since Hiccup was in diapers, in fact, I even made his diapers, but most times, I’ve been pretty keen on my work as a dragon doctor.”

This very well amazed the turtle, he was told that Gobber did loads of work on the dragons, such as checking on their teeth as a dragon dentist! That was something no one would expect to do as a job, unless you did well on training a dragon or two very well.

The others on the other hand, were all exploring the rest of the Island, such as Rarity was interested in their taste of fashion, Rainbow, Applejack and Raph were checking out what grub they enjoy eating and Leo and Knuckles were looking in the Great Hall, checking out the portraits of the past chiefs and their heirs.

The Mario Bros., Pooh and the rest of his friends were at the Dragon Training arena, where they were watching Eret helping out new trainers onto training their own dragons with Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, though it seemed that Eret was doing most of it, due to Ruffnut being all lovey-dovey over him, Tuffnut trying explain the awesomeness of blowing stuff up with dragon attacks and Snotlout being a little bit of a boaster as he used to do, usually resulting in him getting burned by Hookfang.

Pinkie, Amy, Nepgear, Uni and Plutia were with Gandalf, as he was doing a few of his magic tricks, as he had done for entertainment at the Shire, to the young kids, who were very well impressed.

Batman and Shade were at Hiccup’s house, for they were looking onto to the strange piece that they found, wondering what else it would do and what if there were others like them, as Donnie explained to them the other day after meeting the dragon riders.

Sonic, Shadow, Twilight, Neptune, Noire, Blanc and Vert were having a walk with Hiccup, Astrid and Valka and their dragons, learning the history of how Hiccup first met Toothless, trained him and became his best friend, saved Berk from the terrifying Red Death, and taught his tribe how to train and ride their own dragons.

Hiccup and Astrid also explain their many adventures, such as facing off their enemy-now ally, Alvin the Treacherous, encountering new dragons, their time at Dragon’s Edge, the creation of the Dragon Races, confronting Dagur the Deranged of the Berserker Tribe, their time with his sister and their close friend and ally, Heather, the battle against the Dragon Hunters and other escapades.

Finally they explained all about how Hiccup was reunited with his mother, who Drago Bludvist was, how Stoick gave his life to save Hiccup and how Hiccup and Toothless became the new chief of Berk and Alpha of the dragons.

After the conversation, the others were very amazed, “Man,” said Sonic, “I might have guessed that you would have some extraordinary adventures, but never expected them to be quite life-changing!”

“Well, so much has changed for the better quite a bit.” Hiccup explained, “For everyday brings a whole different adventure and experience, but after hearing from you about different dimensions, this very much changes everything.”

The Viking women of Hiccup’s life nodded in agreement as Astrid spoke, “So anything from the strange shield-like object that you guys found a while back?”

“Not yet,” said Twilight, who also had a look at the shield earlier “but I hope we find out what other secrets it holds,” her voice then sounded concerned, “though Donnie and I are a little worried about any other gateway pieces that could be around here, since we heard from one of the trappers that this Drago guy may have…”

The group had concerned worried looks on their faces also, until Fishlegs came to land after being somewhere with Meatlug.

“Hey there, Fishlegs! How are things going?” asked Hiccup as he approached the intelligent dragon trainer.

“Oh, same old, same old,” Fishlegs said as he explained, “I’ve just been down by the cove, our little lake sprites are very active and playful as always.”

“Lake sprites?” asked Shadow.

Valka turned to the black hedgehog as she explained, “Well, it’s like this, just a few weeks ago, while my son and Astrid were having their usual flights together, their dragons happened to sense something down at the cove.”

“It turns out you guys weren’t the only ones new who arrived,” Fishlegs spoke up as he then explained what happened, “for when they landed, they spotted these strange fairy-like creatures, they weren’t even dragon-like, so they weren’t shown in the Book of Dragons,” he then began looking for the page as he continued, “they were quite harmless, and very cute too just to add, so they didn’t pose any threat, so they, along with yours truly, have been checking up on these sprites, giving them plenty to eat as well as getting along well with them.”

Once he found the page he was looking for, he showed it to the visiting group, when seeing the image of the creature, Twilight and the goddesses thought it looked so cute, but as Sonic and Shadow had a good close look at the creature, their eyes suddenly widened with surprise, giving attention to Hiccup and the others.

“No way!” said a surprised Sonic as he looked to the Vikings, “Where did you say you saw these?”

“Down at the cove…” said Hiccup, though little confused he senced that Sonic may know those creatures, “why, do you know these…?”

Later on, the group, minus Donnie who had to stay to research a little more on the piece with Batman, were walking towards the cove with the Vikings, as they arrived they were with shock in awe at what they saw, partically Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Knuckles and Shade.

There, down at the cove, were a group of Chao! Actual Chao were in the dragon riders’ dimension, having a good time as well!

The girls of the group were super surprised and giddy at this, “Aww!” most of them cried, as they noticed how cute the Chao were, soon they came down to greet them.

“Hey there, you little cuties!” said a squealing Neptune, completely psyched at the cute creatures she saw, this caught the Chaos’ attention as they saw the coming girls, though some hurried away, a little nervous about these newcomers, but it changed when Fluttershy came up to Neptune.

“Neptune, we need to be careful,” she said, “I know that they’re adorable, but we need them to know we’re ok.” As she approached them, she knelt down on all fours as she did her thing.

“Don’t worry, little ones, everything’s going to be alright, nothing to be afraid of.” She spoke like a calm and whispering child who had lots to care for that she was, then one Chao approached her, and after a few minutes, it came up and gave her cute hug, letting out nice “Chao” to it’s friends to know that it was alright.

Soon the Chao began to waddle, crawl or even fly to the others, greeting them cutely, happy to see them, some of them began to play with most of the group, while the others continued what they were doing before their arrival.

For when the Vikings and Toothless came down to see them, most of the Chao instantly recognized them and happily fluttered towards them, since they had been to see them once in a while, the others guessed that since they’ve been coming around most of the time to see them, Hiccup and the others must have taken so much good care of them.

One Chao came up to Toothless, and this one was different, for it’s regular wings were replaced with little dragon ones, with dragon feet and paws to boot, seeing this Chao, Toothless became pretty happy to see it.

“What kind of cuties are they?” said Neptune, as she had good handful of Chao in her arms, snuggling them.

Sonic chuckled at this as he explained, “These little guys are called Chao,” he said, “they’re pretty cute and shy when you get to know, but once you’ve taken great care of them, which includes feeding them, giving them comfort and giving them your love, they’ll be you best friend forever!”

As Sonic continued to pet one of the Chao, it suddenly began to take a new form, as it’s head looked a lot like Sonic’s a bit (but without the ears), as well as gaining a bit of speed as well, “Also,” he continued, “they can be able to gain new abilities or even improve their own when someone gives them plenty of care!” he then did a small fast walk to catch up with his speedy little Chao.

Hiccup, Astrid, Valka and Fishlegs were very surprised, they knew that the lake sprites that they encountered were actually creatures from another world, named Chao, like their friends were.

They then began to remember when they first encountered them long ago…

********** **********

Mystic Creature Meetings

Several weeks ago

“Are you sure we’re close, bud?” a confused Hiccup asked Toothless, as the dragon was sniffing around, before flapping his head around as what could have been a sign to say yes.

Toothless and Stormfly continued to lead their riders to the cove, for Hiccup, Astrid and Toothless, it hold several memories there.

The cove was where Hiccup first bonded with Toothless, and where Astrid followed Hiccup and encountered the Night Fury herself, and, between the young teens, it was where Astrid first kissed Hiccup on the cheek for “everything else” after their romantic flight, as well as after encountering the Dragon’s Nest.

As they reached the Cove’s entrance, Hiccup and Astrid first stepped throught the gateway, and when they looked down to the lake, and were surprised at what they saw.

There, down in the lake, were the strangest, but cutest, creatures that they never saw before, they looked like little blue fairies, and while some were confused and a little scared about where they were, the rest were having a good time playing in the lake.

“Aww…” Astrid said as she saw them, “they look so cute!” Hiccup nodded to that, they then came down to the ground level, as they decided to walk carefully towards them, not to startle them.

However, they forgot to tell their dragons, as Toothless bounced down the rocks to see what Hiccup found, while Stormfly landed and flying down.

The surprise appearance of both Dragons and Vikings startled the newly encountered creatures, and they began to scramble away.

Hiccup turned to Toothless, a bit annoyed, as he said “Oh, thanks for that bud!” the dragon did nothing a but chuckle a little, until he saw one of the creatures had tumbled over when trying to escape.

Toothless wandered over to the fallen fairy creature, as it began to get little worried, until Toothless started to sniff at it, which made it tickle, after that, Toothless did his usual gummy smile as the creature chirped with glee.

Then several more came up to Toothless, and began to crowd over him, much to his surprise, fearing they were going to be a handful as the baby dragons were when he first met Hiccup’s mum.

The sight of what was happening gave Hiccup and Astrid quite a chuckle, as the fairies began to flutter to them.

“You know,” Astrid said as she and Hiccup began cuddling some of them, while giving him a little grin, “I say we should investigate a little further with these guys, just in case.” Hiccup knew what she meant and decided to go with it.

So through out the day, Hiccup and Astrid and their dragons spend the day with the fairy creatures, playing with them, giving them a cuddle, and even listening to them singing a bit as well.

Following this, on their way back, they discovered one of them followed them back, which Valka spotted it, and the next day, came with the teens to the cove to meet them.

Fishlegs would later join in to meet the strange creatures as well, as the Vikings and their dragons spend some time with them, fascinated by what they can do.

An example of their abilities was that one day, when Toothless was snuggling one of them, it seemed to have gained a surprising new form, with dragon’s wings, feet and paws.

After gaining this, the Vikings saw that it was flying much faster now, believing that the creatures could evolve into something very interesting with care and kindness.

So time went by and the Vikings would come by to the cove to meet and play with the fairy creatures, feed them and even spend some time with them.

********** **********

Present Day

The Vikings thoughts down memory lane were cut off when they heard Sonic moments later, “Has anyone seen Chronic, anywhere?”

“Chronic?” asked Leo, drawing his attention away from his Chao to the Blue Blur.

“Yeah, that’s the name I’m thinking of giving my Chao.” Sonic explained.

The Ponies and the Gamindustri girls were giddy at that, “I love that idea!” said Pinkie, as she scope up one of the Chao as she said “I’m gonna call this one, Cutie Pie!”

“I was thinking of calling mine Super Sprite!” said Neptune, pointing to the Chao on top of her head.

“And yours,” Sonic said to Knuckles, pointing to the Chao clinging on to one of Knuckles’ hair spines, due to gaining a bit of Knuckles’ strengh, “could be called Chuckles!!” Sonic said, giving a good chuckle with some of the girls.

“Har-dee-har-har…” gloomed Knuckles, not amused to the name idea.

“I think I saw him over there.” Said Fishlegs, pointing to where Sonic’s Chao was, where in it’s place was a what looked like a small big version of a Chao’s head, “But it’s odd,” Fishlegs added, “I don’t remember these things being there…”

Suddenly, the strange thing opened up, revealing to be a cocoon, as it revealed Sonic’s Chao, which he named Chronic, looking fresher than ever.

“Whoa-kay, what happened?” said a surprised Hiccup, seeing this for the first time.

Sonic walked up to Hiccup as he explained, “Well, you see, these Chao have, like, some sort of special life cycle of sorts, when someone cares for a Chao plenty much, it can seal into a cocoon and be reborn much more better than ever.”

This info interested the Vikings, especially Fishlegs, who began on thinking of adding that info to the page for the Chao.

While the others continued hanging out with their new cute friends, Amy had a thought as she turned to Sonic, Hiccup and Astrid, “We really should thank you guys,” she said to the Viking couple, “you’ve done such a good job of taking care of them, they must have been scared when they ended up here.”

“Not a problem, Amy.” Astrid replied, after getting that thanks.

The pink hedgehog turned to Sonic, “One thing I don’t quite get,” she said to her self-proclaimed love.

“I guess I know what you’re thinking.” Sonic said as he had the same thought.

“We both know that Eggman didn’t capture any Chao,” said Amy, “and there weren’t any word of Chao vanishing from the Chao Gardens we visited, so where did these Chao come from?”

********** **********

Unknown location

While the others were spending some time on Berk, far away on another island, the Warlords, along with Wolfang and several of their best hunters, had stopped on a nearby island, the Warlords having brought the staff with the crystal shard on it.

“May I ask,” Wolfang asked, “why are we coming to this island for getting help? I don’t see anyone around here, not even any dragons in sight.”

“Because, you fool,” Griselda said, “If what you said could be true about this shard, then we could have an advantage against Stoick’s boy.”

After a bit of walking, the group arrived in the middle of a clearing, before the female warlord turned to Ragnar, “Ragnar, the shard.”

Griselda double take to what she saw, as Ragnar having a nice look at his reflection from the shard, stroking his small goatee beard, much to the other warlords’ annoyance.

“Ragnar!” Chaghatai scowled, catching the big buffoon’s attention.

The eastern warrior snatched the shard staff, as Ragnar sulked a little while saying “Sorry”, before walking forward toward Griselda.

Both noddin to each other Chaghatai brought up the staff, then slammed it down to the ground, upon contact, the shard sparked up, allowing the warlord to seemingly bring it to the ground once more, as the shard touch the ground, a rift suddenly began to appear.

As it grew bigger, most of the troops looked a little nervous, until they all heard a roar coming from the other side of the rift.

“What… was that?” Wolfang asked, looking very nervous.

Suddenly, in an instant, something huge soared out of the rift, catching everyone by surprise; soon the group looked and saw in amazement at the giant creature.

The beast looked like a giant bipedal wyvern with a spiny armored hide covering it’s body, with the outer shell of it’s body featuring brighter and more vibrant colors such as red with black markings throughout. This was followed with a long, thick tail that featured a heavy spiked club at the end.

The creature flew around, discovering it’s new surroundings, before spotting the small group of beings, then landing nearby as it let out a roar as a way of telling them to challenge it.

As the group looked in awe, they were then drew their attention to Chaghatai, who then looked to them as he said, “Restrain the creature.”

Not wanting to disobey (though a little nervous of this new creature), most of the crew charged to beast as it roared.

Wolfang approached the warlords as he spoke, “W… what exactly is it?”

“When you mentioned about the crystal piece that the Dragon Riders and their allies had, as well as the strange power it possessed,” Chaghatai explained, “there was no doubt that our shard could hold the same type of the power to do so too.”

“I see,” Ragnar spoke, looking back to the creature and then to his fellow warlord, “so using this shard…”

“We have summoned a creature more wild than any dragon,” Griselda said with a grin, “one that not even the young chief of Berk can tame!”

Chaghatai then handed over the staff to Wolfang as he then said, “We entrust you to keep this safe, use it if necessary and once the creature is secure, take it as a warning message to show Berk what happens when they interfere.”

Wolfang looked to the staff, then to the beast, then after some thought, a dark smile grew on his face as he nodded in agreement, “Yes, sir.”

The hunter took hold of the staff, but seconds later, he was startled from the eastern warrior drawing out one of his swords as he then said, “Fail us again or even lose the shard, it will cost you dearly.”

Wolfang nodded quickly, getting the picture clear, as he turned to the other hunters to prepare for battle, while other Warlords looked to the creature tackling the other hunters, who were almost done securing it.

“Once Stoick’s boy finds out he cannot control this beast,” Chaghatai spoke, “all of Berk will soon burn for his actions.”

********** **********

Station Square, Sonic’s Universe

“HEAD’S UP!!” shouted Silver, as he was doing his best on using his physcic abilities to stop most of the flying objects that were hurled towards them.

The Balrog continued attacking the Sonic heroes, but it was getting very well difficult as it ravaged on through the streets, the evacuations were going a bit well, but doing this while fighting a fire monster at the same time wasn’t easy when it comes to this.

Most of the G.U.N. troops arrived to continue the rescues, while the rest tried to slow it down, but it seemed that the bullets couldn’t stop it.

“Behold-my-weapons-of-might!!” shouted Omega, as he fired another round of fire arms at the Balrog, who was fighting back well, using it’s whip and then a sword to deflect some of the attacks.

“How are we gonna beat this thing?!” said Vector, feeling a little panicked at the monstrosity.

“It is kind of hard to say when being swatted by some kind of fire ogre!” Rouge said, very bruised after the Balrog attacked her, which sent her flying and skidding into a pavement.

Espio, who was using his exploding throwing stars, approached them as he had a spoke up, “Even if Sonic, Knuckles and the others hadn’t vanished into that portal, I don’t if they can handle this beast…” he then turned to Cream and Cheese, who, along with Charmy, were getting some families to join the rest to rescue parties, “Cream!” he called out to the young rabbit, which earned her attention as he said, “Time to make a call!”

Miles away, at Cream’s house, Vanilla, Cream’s mother, was watching what was happening on the news, looking a little nervous about the unexpected attack of the fire monster.

Suddenly, a transmitter called up, as the video phone had just been answered, as Vanilla turned to see who it was, she was relieved that to see her daughter still alright with Sonic’s friends, only to looked concerned when seeing her worried.

“What is it dear? You look so upset!” she said.

“Mother!” Cream replied, “We need Gemerl’s help! Quickly!”

Hearing this, Vanilla knew that something was most definitely wrong, as she hurried to the window and saw a black Gizoid robot, carrying a big tree on it’s shoulder.

“Gemerl!” she cried out to the robot, as it turned towards her.

“Firewood for the next three years coming up, ma’am.” Gemerl called out.

Though grateful for the Gizoid’s task, Vanilla explained the situation “That can wait, dear! Cream needs you at the city!”

Back at the city, things were heating up, quite literally too, in fact, as Blaze was fighting back the Balrog with her own flames, though it didn’t seem to do any affect.

The others were getting little a little restless as they were beginning to fight a losing match, with the exception of Omega, who had to help give cover for Rouge and the others to fall back a bit.

Meanwhile, on top one of the buildings, a strange figure, who looked like a boy all dressed up in darkish blue armourment and wearing a scarf was watching the fight with a smirk.

He then turned his attention towards both Blaze and Silver, who were doing their best to fight back, but were getting a little exhausted, and then began to communicate through his helmet, “The cat and white hedgehog are seeming to be getting weaker, Doctor,” he said “that beast is really doing a good number on them…”

He went quite for a bit, as someone was speaking to him from the other side, until he replied, “You want me to wait until the perfect time to strike?” he said with disappointment, “But they’re down right now, so now would be a good time to…”

He didn’t quite finished the sentence as he spotted something heading towards the city, as he looked closer, he gave a sad smile, knowing that he had to follow the order given to him.

“Alright,” he said, “I guess this could do for a perfect time, since they’ll be a bit distracted with new help arriving…”

Back on the streets, Blaze was trying harder to fall back, but the Balrog suddenly caught it’s attention on a young girl trying to find her mom, Blaze saw that it would probably strike it, fearing the girl’s safety and angered by the monster’s cruel and cowardly tactic, she charge towards the girl pushed out of the way, just as the creature almost grabbed the girl… but grabbed her instead!

It then slammed her onto the pavement several times, before tossing her over it’s shoulder as it continued forward towards the group.

“Blaze!” Silver cried, worried that his close friend was in danger, as he used the bit of his energy to fly over the Balrog and over to the downed Princess.

As the Balrog approached the group, they realized that this could be it, “I’ve never thought it would come to this,” said Espio, as he then turned to the others, “what happens next, it was a pleasure fighting beside you all.”

“You always were a great member of the Chaotix.” said Vector with a proud smile, before turning towards the fire demon.

Just then, missiles rained down from the sky and hit the monster as it neared them, before both monster and group looked up to see Gemerl to the rescue.

“Sorry if I’m late,” said Gemerl as he landed in front of the group, “but I thought you knew the lessons about not playing with fire!” he said with sarcastic humor.

Soon, Omega came up to Gemerl as the latter looked up to him and said, “Ready for some fire power, buddy?” he asked as he readied his weapons.

“You-are-on!” shouted Omega as he did the same.

While they battled, Silver checked up on Blaze.

He lifted up her head as he called out to her, “Blaze, are you ok?!” he said, with worry, seeing loads of bruises all over her, “Say something, Blaze!” he cried out again, this time it little bit worked, as her eyes fluttered a little, as she was trying to regain consciousness.

“Silver…?” she said, a little weak but alright.

“It’s all good, Blaze,” Silver said, with such relieve in his voice, “I’m right here, your safe.”

Blaze gave a small smile at this, until another spoke from behind “Not for long, you two…”

As Blazed looked ahead and Silver turned around, they saw a scarf-wearing figure, as he lifted up his arm, and it turned into what looked like a gun, before shooting at them both, causing them to vanish!

The figure then looked behind him as he saw the battle against the monster going on, before a portal opened up beside him.

As he approached the portal, he spoke through his helmet again, “Capture completed, doctor,” he said, “those two have been transported to your location, returning now!”

He then entered the portal, as it vanished with none the wiser.

Back at the battle, Omega and Gemerl were throwing their all, as they continued their assault on the Balrog, with Omega’s weaponry and Gemerl, using the different abilites that he gained from some of the Sonic heroes.

While this method was doing a little well, the Balrog was still standing, but trying to continue the fight, noticing this, the rest of the group conitued to fight as well.

“We just need a few more hits to take it down!” shouted Rouge, as she did a screw dive on the monster’s face.

“But how?” cried Charmey, “What haven’t we tried yet?”

Just then, Gemerl spotted a water tower up on one of the buildings not far from where they were, and gained an idea.

“Keep it occupied a bit more, I’ll be right back!” he shouted as he flew off.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK WE WERE DOING?!” Vector shouted aloud, fearing that the fight would a complete losing one.

Soon the team was hitting it hard than ever, as then Cream spotted her robot guardian flying back with the top part of the water tower carried on top of him.

Seeing this, Rouge and Vector gave the order, “Fall back!” they cried, as the team scattered away.

The Balrog wondering what’s going on until he heard a voice from above, “I hope you hate getting wet as I may do!” Gemerl shouted out as he poured the water over it.

The Balrog roared, almost like it didn’t like being doused with water, before limp jogging to escape, not without Gemerl, Vector and Omega giving it some good old thwacking to sent it packing.

Then another portal opened up, and the beast ran into it, just as it closed up.

The group cheered at this, as well as most of the citizens and the G.U.N. troops seeing what had happened, as they knew that the fight was over.

“Alright,” said Vector, “score one for the good guys!”

Big looked at what happened as he asked, “Is it over?” he said.

To which Rouge replied, “Don’t worry, you big fur ball, it’s over.”

But then, while the others were celebrating, Cream was the only who stopped to look around, she then began to feel a little worried, as she then turned to the others.

“Where did Miss Blaze and Mr. Silver go?” she asked, as the others then realized that she was right, as they looked around, they began to discover that the two were most definitely gone.

“Ah, crud.” Vector said, “First Tails and the Emeralds vanish into a portal, followed by Sonic and the others, now Silver and Blaze are missing! What next?!”

This was then shot down further as Charmey thought aloud, “Don’t you mean “Who’s” next?” he said, with little worry, as the others realized that the bee kid could be right, leaving them all concerned about what had happened, unaware of Silver and Blaze’s true fate.

********** **********

Isle of Berk, HtTYD Universe

Following the visit with the Chao, the group were making they way back to the village, though of course, that few of the Chao wanted to stay with them.

“Thanks again for taking care of these little guys.” Said Sonic, as he spoke to Hiccup as they were nearing the village.

“Oh, it’s nothing to it,” Hiccup said, “I suppose that these “Chao”, as you call them, are very well behaved, I’ve never seen these type of creatures before, since, you know, that we’ve been seeing a lot of dragons around.”

But soon, as the group arrived, they noticed a small crowd at the centre, which made Hiccup and the others a little uneasy; soon they heard Eret as he approached them.

“Chief!” he cried out, “We have a situation! Come quick!”

The group followed Eret as they passed through the crowd, before coming up to what they were looking at.

At the centre of the group were 2 of Berk’s allies, Heather with her Razorwhip dragon, Windshear, along with her brother, Dagur, the leader of the Berserker tribe and King of the Defenders of the Wing, accompanied by his Gronkle, Shattermaster.

Unfortunately, from the way they looked, they seemed to have almost been battered fully.

“Dagur?” Hiccup said the first word that came to the surprise visitors.

“Heather? What are you two doing here?” Astrid added, as she was little concerned as her boyfriend was when they saw worry and concern on their faces.

“Hiccup, my brother,” Dagur said as he approached them, “I’m afraid that we’ve just had an unfortunate encounter with something far dangerous!”

“What is it?” Hiccup asked.

“Several Dragon Hunters,” Heather explained, “but they’ve brought something else with them!”

As Batman and Donnie reunited with the group, they all looked worried about what Heather had said, as they knew that if the hunters and their Warlords they heard about were coming, they had a good guess that they might bring with them what would be a gateway piece as well.

********** **********

“A whole new dragon?!” Hiccup said with mixture of surprise, shock and disbelieve, as Heather and Dagur explained what happened, during some time after hearing about Drago’s defeat at Berk.

They explained that while doing the usual rain check around their home, the island was attacked by Dragon Hunters once again, unfortunately, they had brought with them a new type of dragon, something that was not even in either the Book of Dragons or even in the Dragon Eye.

While most of the village was damaged with several injuries, the siblings and Defenders of the Wing were ok, though Mala had to stay and comfort the wounded.

Sonic and the others were concerned of what was happening as well, after being introducing themselves to the Berserker siblings and explaining why they were here, they let them in on the situation, as they then explained that one of the hunters, Wolfang, had in his possession, a strange looking piece, looking like a shard.

This was no doubt be, what looked like, a fractal of one of the gateway pieces.

“That’s right, I know it’s crazy to take in, but listen,” said Heather, answering Hiccup’s surprise outburst, “this dragon must something far more dangerous than the Red Death, or even Drago’s Bewilderbeast combined.”

Sonic and Twilight looked to Hiccup, noticing the worry of the village all around as well as himself, until Sonic decided to step up, “So, what do we have to do?” he asked, resulting most of the group and the gathered village and council surprised at this.

“Sonic, what are you doing?” said a nervous Twilight, “Are you certain about this?”

“Yeah,” Raph said, cutting in, “Don’t you think it’s unwise getting in their business?”

“Maybe,” said Sonic, “but somehow, this bizarre, new dragon could be not from this world, so if those hunters have the keystone shard to summon more dangers like this, then they need all the help they could get, plus we can’t leave out of this danger!”

The others, practically Twilight and Rainbow Dash, were surprised of Sonic’s loyalty to their new friends, seeing this, Rainbow decided to join up and help, so she trotted over to him and said proudly “Sign me up!”

The others looked to each other at this, and one by one, decided to help out, surprising Hiccup and the other Vikings, though making them pretty grateful of their kindness to help.

While they prepare for the battle, as well as preparing to get help from some of Berk’s allies, Gandalf, while joining in to help, began to look concerned of the situation.

He began to think back at what Heather had mentioned of the giant dragon, remembering about the battle that his friends, Bilbo and the Dwarfs, had when they confronted Smaug, the dragon that took over the Dwarfs’ home under the mountain, and if this dragon was dangerous than Smaug then he hoped that Berk would survive the dragon attack as most of Laketown did all those years…

Author's Note:

The stage is almost set for the battle that Berk has never faced before!

Will they be able to survive the might of this new dragon?

And what has happened to Silver and Blaze? All will be revealed soon…

Chapter Notes:

As you may know, since Dragons: Race to the Edge is still going, there’s no idea what the out come may be, if I may need to change a few things on the HtTYD Universe when the series is done.

Michelangelo’s demonstration of cooking Pizza to Bucket and Mulch is based off from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, in which Mikey was trying to teach the villagers of ancient China how to make Pizza.

Sonic’s idea of naming the Chao is also based from #173 from the Sonic comic series, with Sonic naming his Chao “Chronic” and Knuckle’s Chao be named “Chuckles”