• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 5,665 Views, 35 Comments

A Simple Crusader Crush - FNAFBRONY



Sweetie Belle has a crush on Somepony- er, dragon

  • ...
11
 35
 5,665

Chapter 3: The Chat

Author's Note:

A new chapter already? I think I got my writing in check. Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter. :twilightsheepish:

Spike began to walk down the streets of Ponyville, constantly reminding himself of what to do.

"Just go ask Rarity If she could join the picnic for her. If she says yes, then I should hopefully get a Special Somepony! A great one at that! If not,” he stopped. “What am I saying! She'll never say no to me.”

As Spike continued to think, he could see the Carousel Boutique, just around the corner. As he looked at the building, he felt his heart pounding, as if it was his last moments in life. He wanted to get there. It was all he cared about.

That is, until he he a a small, white figure, trotting toward the boutique, her head staring at the ground. He recognized to pony right away as his good friend, Sweetie Belle.

“Hey! Sweetie Belle!” Spike called out to her. Sweetie Belle looked up to see the dragon, getting a little happier than before.

“Hi Spike. How are you?” She asked, trying her best to sound like her joyful personality.

“Pretty good,” Spike replied. “I was just about to go and see Rarity. I have something very important to ask her.”

“Oh,” said Sweetie, a bit surprised by what he said. “What are you going to ask her?”

Spike quickly looked around to see if anypony was watching. Thankfully, nopony was in sight. Taking a deep breath, he answered. “I'm going to ask her on a date.”

Sweetie Belle gasped, thankful that it wasn't to loud for Spike to hear. Several thoughts went through her head, as she began to blush. It would only be a matter of time before he noticed.

“Wow, are you really going to do it?” She asked, still blushing.

“Yes,” he said. “It's the perfect time to. Have you seen how many couples get together on Hearts and Hooves Day? And tomorrow, me and Rarity will hopefully join them.”

Sweetie Belle just sighed and put her hoof on his shoulder, saying, “Well, good luck, I guess.”

“Thanks Sweetie Belle.” Spike said. With that he entered the boutique, complete with a huge grin on his face.

When Spike was in the building, Sweetie Belle let out a sigh of relief, thankful he didn't notice her blushing. As she did, she could hear sounds of muffled giggling behind her. She turned around to see her friends, Applebloom and Scootaloo, trying to hold in their laughter.

“What's so funny?” Sweetie Belle called out to them. This caused the two other crusaders to break out giggling like crazy. This in return, makes Sweetie Belle mad.

“What’s so funny?” She asked them again, more annoyed than before.

“Just the fact that you lost your chance!” Scootaloo said through giggles.

Sweetie Belle was about to ask what she was talking about, until she realized she was right. She had a lot of time to say what's on her mind and to stop Spike from going on the date. But, instead, she just let it happen, and may never get the chance to make Spike her Special Somepony.

“Oh, right,” she said, defeated. “I guess I did. It went straight past me.”

“Don't worry Sweetie Belle,” Applebloom spoke up, tired from all the giggles. “I got the perfect plan.”

Sweetie raised an eyebrow, confused. “You're sure this is absolutely certain. Because if I remember from a hour ago, neither of you could think of any kind of plan.”

“We know,” Applebloom replied. “But I think you will think this plan is pure genius.”

“Maybe not pure genius. Just, you know, genius.” Scootaloo added.

“Alright Alright! What's the plan? Sweetie Belle asked.

“The plan is simple,” Applebloom explained. “We get Rarity to bring you along for the picnic. After a while, she will leave, leaving the two of you alone. After a while, you confess that you like Spike, and he should say yes. That's it. You got him.”

“That's not a bad plan at all, Applebloom.” Scootaloo said.

“Scootaloo’s right,” Sweetie Belle added. “It could work. There's only one problem.”

“And what's that?” Applebloom asked.

“I pretty sure Spike won’t say yes to being my Special Somepony. He’s had his eyes on Rarity for almost two years. Just some small talk won't win him over to being with me.”

The two other crusaders thought for a moment, thinking of a way to fix this. After a while, Applebloom spoke up. “Why don't you give him something special? Like a gift?”

“Perfect!” Sweetie Belle replied. “But what should I get him?”

“Maybe a gem.” Scootaloo suggested. “Spike loves gems. So, it makes sense for you to get him that.”

“Good thinking Scootaloo.” said Applebloom. “Come on girls! Let's go find the perfect gem to win Spike’s heart.”

“Alright!” The two said at the same time. They ran into the marketplace of Ponyville, looking from stand to stand, trying to find the best gift ever.