• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 5,628 Views, 35 Comments

A Simple Crusader Crush - FNAFBRONY



Sweetie Belle has a crush on Somepony- er, dragon

  • ...
11
 35
 5,628

Chapter 9: The Truth

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter after months of waiting! Hope you enjoy:ajsmug:

“Hey Sweetie Belle!” Spike shouted. “Over here!”


Sweetie looked over and saw the dragon sitting on the checkered patterned blanket, waving at her. She blushed, knowing that the conversation she will have with him will either end with success or failure.


As the filly began to walk over to to him, Spike noticed that she was hovering something around with her magic. It was a small, pink bag.


“Hey Spike,” Sweetie Belle said quietly. “What are you doing out here?”


“I’m just waiting for your sister to come back.” he answered. “She said she needed to get something.”


“Oh, okay,” Sweetie replied. “Do you mind if I sit here with you while you wait?”


“Oh course not.”


As Sweetie sat down, Spike stared at the bag she had with her. “What's with the bag?” he asked.


“Oh, it's just a present,” the unicorn answered. “A present for somepony special.”


Spike looked up at her. “I had no idea you had a Special Somepony.”


“Yeah, well there's a lot you don't know about me. Sweetie Belle said, causing them both to let out a small chuckle.


“So can you me what's in the bag anyway?” Spike asked.


“You r-really want to s-see?” Sweetie replied.


“Yes, can you show me your present?” Spike answered, almost shouting at the unicorn.


“Ok,” she said. “I'll show you.”


Sweetie Belle opened the bag, reached into it with her front hooves, and began to pull something out. It was a light pink gem in the shape of a heart. Attached to it was a small card, folded up in order to not see inside.


“Wow, that's quite the gift alright,” Spike joked. “It looks great. Who's it for?”


Sweetie Belle gulped before answering. “Why d-don't you read the c-card with it?”


Spike took the folded piece of paper that was attached to the gem, opened it up, and read what it said out loud.


“Spike, will you be my Special Somepony?”


The dragon’s eyes went wide as he looked up at the unicorn, whose face was completely red. She tilted her head away in order to not look at him.


“Sweetie Belle,” Spike started. “Is it true that you have a crush on me?”


Sweetie nodded her head. “Y-yes, I really do like you.”


“Why didn't you tell me earlier?” Spike asked.


Sweetie Belle took a deep breath before answering. “Because I know as fact you'll say no, since you have had a liking for my sister for almost two years now. There's no way I can get with you.”


Tears began to form in Sweetie Belle’s eyes as she continued to look away from the dragon. Spike waddled over to her and put a claw on her back.


“It's okay Sweetie,” he said in a soothing voice, trying to calm her down. “I'll help you out.”


“You can help me out by answering this question,” Sweetie Belle said quietly through sobs. “Do you like me in a romantic way?”


Spike was about to open his mouth to answer, but stopped as he didn't know what to say. Like Sweetie said, he’s had a crush on Rarity for a long time, and having to choose between his crush and another pony who liked him wasn't an easy thing to decide on.


“I don't know how to answer that question Sweetie Belle,” the dragon said. “I need a bit of time to make a final decision. Are you okay with that?”


Sweetie looked up at him, tears in her eyes, face completely red, heart pounding out of her chest. She nodded to answer Spike’s question. “Alright.”


“Tell Rarity the rest of our date is off. I need some time to think.” Spike said as he stood up on his feet, picked up everything on the ground, put it back in the picnic basket, and left the unicorn without another word.