• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 2,229 Views, 74 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 5) - Shadowmane PX-41



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
17
 74
 2,229

S05E19 The One Where Pinkie Knows

Author's Note:

This episode had it coming, and this would've been a much better way to do it in my humble opinion

"Pinkie Pie? Is everything alright?" asked Twilight as she addressed the pink mare, who was clutching onto the Golden Oak chandelier for dear life. "You look like you're about to burst."

"Forget it! I'll never tell! Not to you, not to them, not to anyone!" Pinkie blurted out. "You can't make me spill the beans! Well, literally you can, but not figuratively!"

Twilight sighed. "Suit yourself. Guess we'll just have to do a little digging..."

She lit up her horn and fired a small ray of magic at Pinkie Pie's forehead, which eventually projected all of Pinkie Pie's memories of the day as a video for the rest of the girls to watch.

Everyone gasped when it showed Pinkie Pie receiving the order for the cake for Shining Armour and Cadence's foal shower.

"My brother and sister-in-law are having a foal?" Twilight smiled in delight. "Pinke, why didn't you tell us? This is the best news ever!"

"Because I distinctively remember a certain somepony saying – and I quote – the pony who ruins a surprise has to live with that guilt forever! Unquote," she glared at Rarity.

"Oh. I suppose I did say that..." Rarity rubbed the back of her neck "But you have to understand that I was acting in a sense of decency for a pony's privacy, not to make you feel anymore uncomfortable than you already were."

"We never wanted to put pressure on you, Pinkie. And we're sorry if it ever seemed like we did," said Twilight. "I understand that a secret that big is near impossible to keep, even for you."

"Are you sure?" Pinkie asked. "You're not gonna get angry at me because you know what I've been trying to keep a secret?"

"We would never do that to you, Pinkie, dear. Honest!" said Rarity.

"Friends are still friends, even if they discover another pony's secret for themselves," Twilight began a speech. "Sometimes, there are some things that just can't be kept to one pony, and that must be shared for the one carrying the burden to have some sense of relief. We all have secrets that we're never gonna tell, Pinkie Pie, but if we keep it all to ourselves, it becomes harder and harder to keep under wraps."

"Thanks, Twilight." Pinkie Pie got off of the branch and landed with the dexterity of a cat on the castle map. "But can you do me a favour?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Can you make sure that you try and act surprised when Cadence and Shining Armour reveal it? I don't want them to be let down because you found out before-hoof."

"Of course. Your secret is safe with us."

"Phew..." Pinkie rubbed the sweat off of her forehead. "That's a load off of my mind..."