• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 1,383 Views, 78 Comments

The Great Transition - Bronyfordays



Equus is dying, so Twilight and all of Equestria take three massive ships to look for a new place to live. When they get there, however, they find another race on the brink of extinction.

  • ...
6
 78
 1,383

Chapter 7

I stared at Jack as he ran around a corner and out of my line of sight and I knew in my heart that humans are not what that mysterious stallion made them out to be. Maybe some things he said were true but, Jack seemed more scared and protective than anything. He did NOT seem aggressive, that's for sure. That cop too, he was just protecting Jack, he didn't even try to kill Rainbow Dash. He could've, but instead tried to scare her, so Jack could make his escape. Sure they had those guns, but they only fired them once and not to kill. Maybe WE were the aggressive ones. It made me sad to think about it, I was supposed to be the Princess of Friendship and I just let my friends scare off the only other intelligent species on the planet.

Sighing, I teleported back to my room on the ship, grabbed a book on...something and plopped on the bed as I waited for my friends to get here. Though, I couldn't even read, which sounds crazy...me, Twilight Sparkle, can't read a bucking book. My mind was too busy thinking about the humans, there was still a chance, tomorrow I could make things right.

I sat there in silence for a couple minutes as I waited for my friends. Finally, I heard a door open and someone call my name, "Twilight, you here?"

"Coming Rainbow!" I said as I put the book back and walked to the main room. There they were, most of them looked angry, probably at Jack. Though Celestia and Luna both had poker faces. "Hi guys."

"You were right!" Rainbow Dash spat. "Humans are jerks."

"Yeah, they're big meanies," Pinkie said.

"Darn tootin'," Applejack said.

"What brutes!" Rarity said.

"They're um...really not nice..." Fluttershy said.

"What they said!" Spike said.

Okay...looks like this is going to be harder than I thought.

"I think we should force them away from us," Luna said. "They're too radical to be around our little ponies."

My eyes widened at that, "No..." I muttered. Luckily, no one heard me. Celestia eyed me curiously.

"What do you think Twilight?" She asked.

Oh boy..."W...well, I mean, I haven't seen them first hand. So..."

"But you saw what they did in your dream," Rainbow countered.

"Well, um..."

"Is there something your not telling us, Twilight?" Luna asked.

Dangit dangit dangit dangit.

"No..." I lied.

Celestia put a hoof to Applejack's stetson. Everyone looked at Celestia curiously, but I instantly knew what she was doing. I was about to grab my hidden ear piece when Celestia took the one in Applejacks hat and smashed it on the ground. There was a sudden noise in my ear and I grabbed mine and threw it. Then I noticed everyone staring. I whimpered.

Celestia walked up to me, "I'm not mad Twilight. I know you did it to make sure you're friends were alright."

I nervously laughed. "Yeah," I said. That and to see if the humans were really as bad as that liar of a stallion said they were.

Hopefully no one picked up on my nervousness.

I looked out the window to see it was dark out, almost midnight. Time sure flies.

"Well my little ponies. We better head to our beds, good night," Celestia said.

And with that, we went to our seperate beds. As I lay down, all I could think about was the meeting tomorrow.

Author's Note:

It's back baby! Whoo! Short chapter I know. But it's setting up for the next chapter. The meeting! As usual constructive criticism is welcome. Thank you!