• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 1,381 Views, 78 Comments

The Great Transition - Bronyfordays



Equus is dying, so Twilight and all of Equestria take three massive ships to look for a new place to live. When they get there, however, they find another race on the brink of extinction.

  • ...
6
 78
 1,381

Chapter 6

I stared for a second at the pony who introduced herself as Princess Twilight Sparkle. A pony princess? This was getting ridiculous. Slowly I scooted away from the pony. She stood up and frowned, the pony was even stranger now that I got a closer look. Other than her eyes being huge. Her face was much flatter than normal horses. Of course there was her coat, it was freaking purple! Her mane was also different shades of purple. Then there were her wings. Yes, she had wings, and a horn to top it all off.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I must be hallucinating, or I'm dreaming," I said more or less to my self, but this pony, Twilight, heard me anyway.

"I'm sure you're scared, but believe me when I say you're not dreaming. Please, don't be alarmed, I don't intend on hurting you."

Slowly, I relaxed a little. But I was still very cautious, "Why should I trust you?"

Twilight sighed a little, "I suppose after my friends decided to attack you, it seems only reasonable that you are cautious. But after hearing those things about what you guys did, I admit we were concerned for our safety too."

"What do you mean, after what we did?" I asked but then I heard Anthony calling out to me from nearby. "Look, you seem to bear no ill towards me, so I'm gonna make sure Anthony doesn't find you. I want to talk to you more so meet me here tomorrow at this time, alone, I don't need another fight."

"Wait!" She called. "What's your name?"

I paused. "Jack."

With that I ran off, I still had so many questions in my head. Who were these ponies? How could they talk? Where were they from? And most importantly, why were they here? Hopefully, these questions would be answered tomorrow.

Eventually, I found Anthony at the Site, sitting on an old log. As I approached him he quickly looked up and smiled.

"Thank God you're alright! What took you so long?" He asked. I decided against telling him about my short talk with Twilight. If I told him he would come along no matter what, and I was gonna do this alone.

"Eh, lost my bearings for a little bit," I said instead.

"Alright," he said. "Then let's head back, we're gonna have to tell the village about what's going on."

"What, that technicolored talking horses from another planet attacked us?" I said sarcastically.

Anthony laughed, "Well when you put it that way..."


After a bit of walking we reached the village. Everybody stared at me, probably because they saw the giant spaceships. I went to the village square, which was basically an intersection on the road. I stood on an old podium that my father used for speeches. Anthony stood right beside me. As I collected myself I was looking around at the people gathering in front of me. My sister was right in the front, worry in her eyes. I cleared my throat.

"I'm sure you all saw those things crash into the city. As far as we can tell, they're some kind of spaceships," this got a murmur in the crowd.

"You mean extraterrestrials are visiting Earth?" Someone said.

"Unless there's a mass hallucination, then yes."

"What do they look like, are they hostile?"

"Sadly they are aggressive, but as far as I can tell, they have no intent on killing us."

This got even more murmurs. But then the same guy spoke again.

"You didn't answer my question, what do they look like?"

I looked to Anthony, who just nodded. I looked back and said, "They look like horses."

Silence. Then another person spoke, "You mean with like hooves and tails?"

"Yes," I said. "They also seemed to have wings and horns, and can talk in English."

Their response was exactly what I wasn't hoping for. They laughed.

"Talking space horses?!" Someone giggled. "That's rich!"

Some of the more serious people weren't laughing, as well as Anthony and Sarah. I knew it, people just didn't take me seriously like they did with my father. I need him back.

Then, as if things couldn't get any worse, one of the doctors came running towards me, "Jack! We've got a situation!"

I froze, "What do you mean?"

"It's your father, he-"

As soon as I heard father, I sprinted towards the makeshift hospital, hearing multiple voices behind me. I didn't care, all I could think about was my father. I quickly opened the door and saw Mrs. Thompson, standing there. She must've been waiting there for a while. As soon as I saw her face, I knew. It's happening.

"No..." I whispered.

She nodded, very slowly.

Tears were falling down my face as I pushed past her even with her objections. I opened the door to where my fathers room was. There he was, on the bed. His face was pale and his eyes were closed. At first I hoped he was just sleeping. But then I touched his hand, it was cold, so cold. My stomach felt very queasy and I felt like I was gonna faint. But then, Sarah barged in.

"Jack? What-" She stopped midsentence when she saw Dad's lifeless body and the tears falling down my face. I tried to say something but my voice caught in my throat. Immediately, she ran out the door.

"Sarah!" I yelled and ran after her. As fast as I could I ran through the village, past the crowd, and out the gate. I knew where she was going. I reached the Site within seconds, and there was Sarah, hugging her knees in the middle and crying. I ran up to her and sat next to her, rubbing her back.

"Why does this have to happen to us?" She sobbed.

"I wish I knew the answer myself," I said, trying to think of the right words. "Sometimes, things happen and we have to deal with them to the best of our ability."

"I can't deal with this, though!"

"Yes you can, I know you can. You're a strong one."

"But how?"

"Just keep on living, that's what he'd want."

"Oh God, Jack. He's dead."

"Shh, I know sis. But you can't dwell on the fact."

"Well, what am I suppose to think about?"

"The good memories."

"Like what?"

"Like the times he used to sing to us when we were little."

"I guess."

"And the time when you and I got in trouble for stealing cookies, and he made us eat just the cookies for two days straight."

She giggled, "Yeah he had a weird way of punishing us."

"But it worked, we didn't eat cookies for a week!"

"I suppose," she said as she closed her eyes.

"Just remember those times. Live your life."

"Yeah...what do you think he'd think about aliens visiting us?"

I laughed, "You believe me then?"

"Of course."

"Well, he'd probably want to get right up in their business, he was all about that."

"Yeah, he was."

"Just remember, he's always watching us."

After Sarah didn't respond, I looked down and she was asleep. Shortly after thinking about my dad, Sarah, and these ponies, I did the same.

Author's Note:

Welp, here it is. Sorry it took so long, I've been dealing with issues and school. Hopefully, now that my school years almost over, I'll be able to write more. So again, thanks for reading!