• Published 20th Jan 2016
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

Paradox's Prodigy(Cancelled.....for now.) - TheDimensionRift



After being banished to another dimension by Discord, Paradox returns with an apprentice to seek vengeance upon him and all of Equestria. However, Paradox's plans are changed when his pupil devolops amnesia and falls for a certain gentle pony.

  • ...
 8
 502

Chapter 8: Teacher and Student

"Alright, that should be the last of it"

Blaze had done a fairly good job cleaning up the destruction he had caused at Sugar Cube Corner after his battle with Discord.

Though it had taken him quite a bit of time his efforts were not in vain, Sugar Cube Corner had been almost completely restored. Except for some noticeable burn marks which couldn’t be scrub out.

"You could've been done a lot quicker if you had just let me help," said Rainbow Dash as she watched on at Blaze finish up his duties.

"I appreciate the offer Rainbow, but this was my mess, I should be the one who cleans it up," Blaze said as he levitated a bucket and mop to the back of the store.

"It wouldn't have been right for me to ask you to help with a mistake that I made,"

"Ya know, there are somethings you can't do alone," Rainbow replied as she gave the unicorn a faint smile.

"Yeah, I guess your right, fortunately this is something that I can," Blaze sat down after he said this.

"But beating you in a race, now that's something I won't be able to do on my own," Rainbow Dash laughed as Blaze said this.

"Speaking of which," a smile formed over Rainbow's face.

"I believe you owe me breakfast for that race,"

Blaze gave out a laugh, he knew she was right and he did make a bet with her.

"I'm a pony of my word, unfortunately Pinkie's not back from getting ingredients yet," he said as he straightened up some of the tables to make theme more presentable.

"I'm afraid breakfast will have to wait," said Twilight as she stood in the doorway of the shop with Fluttershy.

"Blaze, I have a special assignment for you,"

“What kind of assignment?” Blaze asked with a curious look.

“It’s a training assignment, I’m sure your aware of the chaos magic that your body hold. We need to make sure you have control over these new abilities as they develop,” said Twilight as her and Fluttershy entered the building.

Blaze rolled his eyes and scoffed at what Twilight said.

“What? I totally have control over my magic,” said Blaze with a nervous laugh.

Just as he said this, a salt shaker from a nearby table lit up and sprouted legs and arms. It pulled out a top hat and a cane and began to dance while the ponies looked on.

“See? I totally meant to do that,” Blaze said through a nervous laugh.

Twilight smiled and gave him a questionable look. Blaze gave out a sigh and lowered his fake smile.

“Fine, when do you wanna start?” Blaze asked in an annoyed tone.

“First, let’s introduce you to your teacher,” as she said this, Twilight motioned for Discord to enter the room.

At the sight of Discord Blaze’s annoyed expression became one of anger and rage.

“Him!? You’ve got to be kidding me?”

“I don’t like this idea anymore than you do my boy, but I’m doing this for the sake of a friend,” Discord replied as he looked down at Fluttershy.

“The last thing I consider you is my friend, the very sight of you is enough to make me wanna,” Blaze began to give off a feeling of heat which seemed to intensify in moments. Something hit him on the back of his head, not hard, but just enough for him to realize what he was doing.

“Cool it hot head,” Rainbow Dash said as she stood beside him.

“You just fixed up this place and the last thing we need is you causing anymore damage,”

“I know you two don’t see eye to eye, but you both have to get along if this is going to work,” Fluttershy said as she stepped forward with Discord.

“I’m willing to try, but are you?” Discord asked as he stood in front of Blaze.

“And, what happens if I don’t agree?” Blaze asked as he looked past Discord over at Twilight.

“The chaos magic inside you will consume you and more than likely take you over. If that happens, than you’ll become a threat to Equeastria and we’ll have no other choice but to….” Twilight paused as she looked away, whatever she was trying to say, she couldn’t.

Blaze stared at her and try to think of what it is she is trying to say. He felt a strange feeling overcome him and than his eyes widened in surprise.

“If that happens than you’ll have to use the Elements of Harmony to seal me in stone, right?” he asked with a concerned look.

“How-how did you know?” Twilight stammered as she looked at him with astonishment.

“Whoa, time out. This is the first time I’m hearing of this,” said Rainbow as she carried a look of confusion.

“Me too,” said Fluttershy.

“I thought I was going to reform him, I didn’t think we’d have to do something so extreme,”

“I didn’t want to tell you all until it was time. But yes, if need be we will use the elements,” Twilight said as she now looked at Blaze with a serious expression.

“But that won’t happen if you just allow Discord to teach you how to control your powers,”

Blaze closed his eyes and thought about his situation. He than began to laugh as he walked over to Fluttershy and Discord.

“As much as I hate you, I think I hate the thought of being turned to stone even more,” Blaze said as he stared at Discord.

“And it would be nice to have better control over, dancing salt shakers,” Blaze said as he looked over at the salt which still continued to dance with its hat and cane.

“So, do we have a deal?” Discord asked as he extended his paw.

Blaze extended his hoof and placed it on his paw and nodded his head. Fluttershy then placed her hoof on both of them and smiled.

“I just know you two will become great friends,” she said as she beamed her sweet smile at the both of them.

After a few moments Discord cleared his throat and made a gesture.

“Well than, we’ll start right away. Come along my apprentice,” he said as he attempted to pick up Blaze.

Blaze gave him a quick kick to the face which caused Discord to release him as Blaze glared at him.

“Do us both a favor and never do that again,” he said as he hovered near Discord’s angered face.

“I can see we’re off to a perfect start,” Discord said sarcastically as he rubbed his cheek which had 2 faint hoof marks on it.

“Let’s go before I change my mind about this whole thing,”

With a snap of his fingers, Discord and Blaze disappeared in a bright flash of light and left the others standing in Sugar Cube Corner.

"You think those two will be able to put up with each other," Rainbow Dash asked through a laugh.

"I hope so," Twilight said with a concerned look.

"For Blaze's sake, and for Equeastria's as well,"

As Twilight wandered off in her thought, she was interrupted by her growling stomach.

"Sounds like your hungry," said Rainbow with a grin.

"Since you took away the pony who was supposed to buy me breakfast, I guess you'll have to do it,"

"Oh fine," Twilight said as she rolled her eyes and gave out a laugh.

"We'll just have to wait for Pinkie Pie, I saw her on my way over here,"

"If she's not back in ten minutes then we're going to Sweet Apple Acres," replied Rainbow Dash. All the friends gave out a laugh as she said this.


Blaze looked around and noticed that the new area Discord had transported them to had no solid ground for him to walk on, so he hovered using his wings.

"What is this place? It's so......disorganized," he asked as he looked around at the strange twists and turns of the dimension.

"Well, that's no way to talk about my home," said Discord as he laid on his back and pretended to swim through the air.

"If your going to learn how to control chaos within you, than you have to surround yourself around it as well. That's why I brought you to my personal little slice of heaven, or chaos to be precise,"

"So how long do I gotta stay here?" Blaze asked with a puzzling expression.

"Until you've mastered your newfound abilities of course,"

"But who knows how long that will take?"

"That's all up to you, I can teach you but you must be willing to learn," Discord said with an unpleasant smile.

"Speaking of which, let's start your first lesson: manifestation,"

Discord snapped his fingers and made Blaze's wings disappear in a flash.

"Hey! Give those back!"

"If you want your wings back, you'll have to get them yourself, learn to feel and embrace the chaos around you ," Discord snapped his fingers again and made solid ground form underneath the unicorn as he landed on his flank.

"Now, I've got a meeting to get to. I'll leave you to your studies," said Discord as he snapped his fingers once more and disappeared in a puff of magical smoke.


"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the most awful chaos spirit of them all?"

As in in response to his question, the strange looking mirror reflected an image of Discord back at Paradox.

"No, this cannot be," said Paradox in a sarcastic tone as he placed a hoof over his head and pretended to faint.

"Oh, look at you fainting. Who do you think you are, Rarity?" teased the reflection as it began to laugh at the antics of Paradox.

In a quick flash of light, Paradox was able to easily transform himself into an exact replica of the white unicorn and continued with his witty banter.

"Oh my, this cave is no place for a lady with a social stature such ad my own. It's so dirty; and filthy; and there's no place for me to do my mane; and where am I to work; how am I to work in such conditions? Oh I could just," Paradox fell back and pretended to faint once more but this time with a large piece of furniture to catch him before he touched the ground.

Discord exited the mirror and began to howl with laughter as he watched on. He than began to clap which sounded like the clap of millions in attendance and indulged his old friend in his act.

"Good show, your act was spot on to the real thing," said Discord as he wiped away a falling tear.

"Would you like me to do Princess Twilight next, or how about Celestia?"

"Perhaps another time," Discord said as he raised a paw in objection.

"I've merely come to give you an update on what's been going on,"

"Yes, it has been a few chapters since I've actually had any dialogue hasn't it?" Paradox asked with a grin.

"Very well, what is the status update on my apprentice?"

"Actually, he's my apprentice now," Discord crossed his arms in annoyance.

"And trust me it wasn't by choice. But when she looks at me with those eyes I just can't refuse her,"

"I beg your pardon?" Asked the dark lavender alicorn with a puzzled expression.

"Oh, nothing. Anyways, I'm currently teaching him how to better use his chaos magic, though he doesn't seem to have very much of a grasp on the concept," Discord pulled out a glass of chocolate milk from out of thin air and began to drink it before continuing.

"Though if he's as skilled as you have lead me to believe than I think he'll get the hang of it soon,"

"Ah, good to hear it," Paradox said as he made his way to the mouth of the cave.

"Well I hate to have to cut our conversation short again but I have something I must do,"

"And what is this....something, that you have to do?"

Paradox looked back at Discord with an evil smile before replying.

"All in good time my old friend; all.....In good.....time,"