• Published 20th Jan 2016
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

Paradox's Prodigy(Cancelled.....for now.) - TheDimensionRift



After being banished to another dimension by Discord, Paradox returns with an apprentice to seek vengeance upon him and all of Equestria. However, Paradox's plans are changed when his pupil devolops amnesia and falls for a certain gentle pony.

  • ...
 8
 502

Chapter 4: What's a Paradox?

As Paradox returned back to his hideout, he found himself greeted by a face he knew all too well. “Oh no you found me” Paradox threw a hoof over his head imitating a fainting gesture “I guess I have no choice but to surrender myself to you and your pony friends,” he then stuck both hooves out and made a string tie around them so as to restrain his movement. Discord had his arms crossed and just raised an eyebrow at him. “I knew it was a matter of time before you would eventually escape,” said Discord as he turned his back to the Alicorn “But what I wanna know is what’s the deal with that Blaze kid? I mean it’s not like you to partner up with someone, especially someone weaker than you?”

“He’s got exceptional magic abilities, once I found that out I knew he was destined for great things; why, even from the day I first rescued him as a little colt he demonstrated such potential” Discord looked confused as he listened to what Paradox said “Oh? I had not told you yet?” Paradox pushed Discord into a recliner and gave him a bag of popcorn “Set back and relax my friend, the story I’m about to tell is actually quite a long one”

“Tell me why we’re heading to Fluttershy’s so earlier in the morning?” Rainbow Dash spoke with a yawn as she asked the question. “Fluttershy said she had something very important to show us,” said Twilight. “I know that but I don’t see why we had to get up sooo early” replied Rainbow. “I agree with Rainbow Dash, I do hope whatever it is, it’s important,” Rarity chimed in “A pony needs every moment of beauty sleep she can get,” When the five ponies reached the cottage, Twilight knocked a hoof on the door only to be greeted by the eye of their friend.

“Fluttershy? What’s the matter?” asked Twilight. “Oh, uh, hi girls” Fluttershy stepped outside of the door in a swift, quick motion. She carried a nervous smile on her face, “You wanted to show us somethin sugar cube?” asked Applejack when she noticed how nervous her friend looked “Before I do, you all have to promise me that you all won’t flip out” Fluttershy said in a bit of a commanding tone. All the friends looked to each other before replying in unison: “We promise”
“You Pinkie promise?”
“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye” all the ponies repeated in unison once more. Fluttershy took a deep breath “Okay…here goes” Fluttershy opened the door and stepped aside so her friends could view what she had been hiding. Everypony gasped as their eyes locked to one area in the living room. Laying on the couch in a state of unconsciousness was the unicorn who had crashed the Gala the night before, Blaze, Paradox's apprentice. Rainbow Dash flew to Fluttershy and was face to face with her “Are you nuts!? What is he doing here!?” Applejack pulled the pegasus back by her tail “Calm down there Rainbow Dash” Rainbow sat down and crossed her hooves with a frown on her face. Twilight looked at Fluttershy with a puzzled look.

“Oh I’m sorry Twilight, but he was hurt and it was raining and I couldn’t just leave him and-“ Twilight put a hoof on her friends chest “It’s okay Fluttershy, at least your heart was in the right place” Twilight glanced over to where Blaze rested, “Unfortunately Discords right, he’s a threat to Equestria and to all us. I’m afraid he’ll have to be imprisoned when he wakes up”

“Isn’t there anything else we can do?, uh, I mean” Fluttershy stuttered nervously as she spoke. Twilight gave her a surprised look, “What exactly are you asking Fluttershy?” Fluttershy looked at the ground trying to hide the fact that she was now blushing, “What…what if I reformed him and got him to use his magic for good?” Everypony had a look of astonishment on their face “Darling is that really what you want?” Rarity asked as she walked over to were Blaze lay, “I mean this is the same pony who ruined the Gala and threatened all of us” Everypony now walked over to where the unicorn lay, “Still, he’s not that bad to look at” Rarity looked over to notice her friends except Fluttershy had a face of disgust. Rarity grinned blushing “What? I was only joking, doesn’t anypony have a sense of humor around here?” All of the six jumped back when they heard a moan coming from Blaze, “He’s waking up” said Rainbow Dash with a surprised expression “What do we do?” Twilight gave all of her friends a serious look “All right girls be ready for anything”

Blaze felt himself regaining consciousness and attempted to open his eyes, upon doing so he found that he was in a place he did not recognize and six mares staring at him with looks of hostility. “Don’t try anything funny” said Rainbow Dash as she brought her face closer to his. Blaze didn’t know what to do, he panicked and chose the best choice of action that he could think of: run. He jumped off the couch and made a run for the door, when she noticed this Pinkie ran to the door and shut it before he could make it. When he saw Pinkie blocking the way, Blaze leapt into the air and flew towards the nearest open window.

“He can fly?” Pinkie asked as she wore a look of confusion, “Rainbow Dash get him!” yelled Twilight. She gave Twilight a nod and shot off towards Blaze, being the more experienced flyer, Rainbow was able to out fly him and tackle him to the ground. “I thought I told you not to try anything funny,” said Rainbow Dash as she stood over the unicorn holding both of his arms down with her's. “I don’t know who you are but I’ll give you anything. What do you want? Bits? Gems? Jewels?” Blaze paused for a moment with a scared face “Are you going to eat me?” Rainbow Dash looked over at her friends with a confused look, “Uh are we sure this is the same pony from last night?” Blaze had a look of confusion himself “Last night? What do you mean last night? I don’t remember last night” Rainbow Dash looked back at him, “Don’t you play dumb! Last night! The Grand Galloping Gala! You and that Paradox or whatever his name is ruined it!” With every word she got out Rainbow unknowingly moved her face closer to his until they were only inches apart. Blaze looked away when he realized she was so close to him.

“First off, what’s a Grand Galloping Gala? Secondly, who in the wide world of Equestria is Paradox? And thirdly-“ Blaze stopped when he turned to face the pegasus who was on top of him “Huh, you know I never realized it till now but, your pretty cute” Rainbow Dash blushed and got off Blaze when he said this. She stood up and forced his back against the wall “What the hay are you trying to say!?” she yelled as she held him with her hoof. “What? I was just trying to pay you a compliment, that’s all I swear!” Blaze said as he put his hooves up in a gesture of surrender. Rainbow Dash growled at him though she was still blushing after his comment, “Alright Rainbow that’s enough” said Twilight as she and everypony else walked over to where they stood. She let him go with a shove and backed off with the others.

“What do you mean you don’t remember last night?” asked Twilight as she studied the unicorn. “I mean what I say I don’t remember last night, or least I don’t remember the part your friend described” Blaze spoke calmly but still held a nervous expression “Can you tell me what part you remember?” asked Twilight as she drew closer to him. Blaze put a hoof under his chin, “The last thing I remember from last night was me flying and getting struck by lightning” Rainbow Dash began to laugh but a nudge from Fluttershy made her stop, “I remember crashing through a couple of trees in a forest and than something hit me on the head and knocked me out” Blaze put his hoof on his head, “Actually now that I think about it my head does hurt pretty bad” Twilight looked at him trying to locate any hints that he might be lying but couldn’t find any, could he possibly be telling the truth. She turned to face Fluttershy, “Where exactly did you find him again?” asked Twilight. “In the Everfree Forest, a large branch had fallen on him and he was unconscious. It was raining pretty badly out so I carried him back her and patched up his wing” Blaze hadn’t noticed it until she said something but his wing was covered in a bandage, he turned and looked at Fluttershy. “You saved me?” Fluttershy responded with a nervous smile and a nod, “Thanks, I mean really, I don’t know if I’d be here if it wasn’t for you” Fluttershy began to blush as she heard his gratitude “Oh, um, it was nothing, really” Twilight walked around Blaze examining him, “Hmmm, if you were struck in the head it’s possible your suffering from a loss of memory” Twilight turned to face him “Give us a moment please” she then turned to face her friends “Girls, huddle up”

“Are we really gonna believe what he says after what he did at the Gala?” asked Rainbow Dash with an annoyed look “His story seems to check out alright, and besides,” Twilight glanced at Blaze before she continued “You remember how powerful he is, there would be no reason for him to lie to us if he remembered who we are or who he is for that matter” Rainbow Dash gave a bit of a defeated sigh, “Your right Twilight” this time she glanced at Blaze “But what I really wanna know is where he got those wings and that tail?” Each pony looked at each other for a moment before Applejack spoke, “Ah reckon we ask Princess Celestia about this one” the group nodded in agreement and turned to face Blaze. “Um Blaze, we’d like for you to speak with Princess Celestia in Canterlot” said Twilight nervously. Blaze shrugged “I see no harm in that, lets go everypony” Blaze said as he pointed and raised a hoof at the door. He stayed in this pose for a moment before he turned back with a nervous smile, “I have no idea where that is” he laughed.

“He says he can’t remember anything, and we all have a strong feeling he’s telling the truth” said Twilight as she and Blaze stood in front of Celestia. Princess Celestia was staring hard at the pony that stood before her, she took notice of the draconic wings which he now had, “At first I sensed a strong presence heading this way and assumed it was just Discord, but these wings and tail confirm it; he’s been endowed with Chaos Magic” Twilight had a look of concern, “Is that bad?” Celestia stood up from her throne “It depends,” the princess made her way over to Blaze and looked him in the eyes “Do you swear to use your new abilities for the sake of good and not evil?” Blaze bowed his head as he kneeled before the great alicorn “Yes your Highness, I swear” Celestia put a hoof on his head and brushed his mane with a smile “Then you are free to go” Blaze and the others turned to leave but Celestia asked Twilight to stay.
She turned to face her teacher as she began to speak, “Though he doesn’t remember now, he is still a very dangerous individual and now that he’s practically a Spirit of Chaos himself, Blaze is even more of threat then ever before” Twilight’s face held a worried expression “What do you want me to do?” Celestia closed her eyes and thought for a moment before she replied, “If Fluttershy is intent on reforming him then allow her to do so, if she could befriend Discord then this won’t be a difficult task for her. Plus, under all his anger and rage I sense good in him and if anypony can trigger that goodness to come out it’s Fluttershy” Twilight nodded in recognition to her teacher’s words when another question came into her mind, “And what if he recovers his memories?” Celestia also had an answer to this question, “We will hope that Fluttershy has befriended before that happens, but if it does and he turns back to the side of evil” Celestia sighed sadly, “Then we’ll have no choice but use the Elements of Harmony against him” Twilight gasped a bit shocked but then Celestia gave her student a reassuring look, “But as long as we have confidence in Fluttershy than it won’t come to that” Twilight nodded nervously to her, “I sure hope your right” she said as she turned to leave.