• Published 20th Jan 2016
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

Paradox's Prodigy(Cancelled.....for now.) - TheDimensionRift



After being banished to another dimension by Discord, Paradox returns with an apprentice to seek vengeance upon him and all of Equestria. However, Paradox's plans are changed when his pupil devolops amnesia and falls for a certain gentle pony.

  • ...
 8
 502

Chapter 5: First Friend

As the seven ponies walked through town square, Blaze felt other ponies around staring at him. It wasn’t normal staring though, he could sense the emotions that were coming off of the glares. He felt eyes of disgust piercing through his very being. He stopped for a moment and looked at his reflection in a mirror and thought to himself, ‘Who am I? What did I do to get these stares of hate?' It wasn’t until Twilight spoke up that he regained his focus, “Hey, you okay?”
Blaze turned away from his reflection to see the others were looking at him with worried expressions. “Me? Oh yeah, I’m fine” he lied as he put on a fake smile, “Just not used to having everypony stare at me” he laughed but the they could all tell it was fake. Blaze turned back to his reflection with a saddened expression on his face, “Do I really look that bad?” The six friends now surrounded him and attempted to cheer him up. They all gave each other glances but it was Rarity who finally broke the silence, “Heavens no darling, you just look, oh what’s the word I’m looking for?”

“Different?” asked Applejack

“Unique?” asked Twilight

“Weird?” asked Pinkie, her friends glared at her “What? What’d I say?” Blaze turned back and faced them “No, don’t get annoyed with her because she speaks the truth” he cleared his throat before continuing to speak, “Anyways, who cares what other ponies think of my wings, having the ability to fly is so much better than casting a spell with a horn” Rainbow Dash flew next to him and spoke excitedly, “You bet it is! I mean, sure you can use magic and all but nothing beats soaring through the sky blowing through clouds and feeling the wind rush on your face! Hey you know what? How about I give you a couple flying lessons sometime? It’ll be fun” Her friends looked at her surprised, she then coughed and regained her composure. “I mean, if you want, it doesn’t make a difference to me” she said in a mellow cool tone. Blaze faked a smile at her, “Well at least there are still some ponies who treat me equal”

“Oh my gosh! I almost forgot we still have to throw you a welcome party!” Pinkie Pie screamed with excitement. “That’s not really necessary Pinkie, but thank you” Blaze turned away only to see the Pink mare inches away from his face with a huge grin on her face. “You don’t understand I throw welcome parties for everypony!” Twilight walked next to Blaze with a small “And when she says everypony, she means everypony” all six friends began laughing. Blaze couldn’t explain it but he felt something overcome him, he wasn’t sure what it was, what was wrong with him? He faked another smile before replying “Well, I guess” with that said, Pinkie jumped into the air throwing confetti everywhere.


“And since that horrible day, I swore I would take the poor orphaned unicorn and raise him as though he were my own” Paradox looked over to see Discord sleeping in the recliner with the now empty popcorn bag resting on his head. “Discord!” yelled the alicorn at the top of his lungs, causing the draconaquus to wake with a fright. “Oh your story’s over? That’s unfortunate I was really into it” said Discord as he stretched and yawned “Yes, I took notice” replied Paradox in a sarcastic tone. “Anyways, now to the task at hand” Discord snapped his fingers as he said this causing a cage to appear around Paradox trapping him where he stood. “Sorry about this, old friend, just doing what was asked of me”
Paradox looked at Discord “You must get very bored being reformed and all now, don’t you?” asked Paradox as he sat down in his cage. “I could provide you with some entertainment so your not as bored with those ponies. Let’s face it, not a lot of others are in the same league as us” Discord moved closer to the cage, “What are you implying?” asked Discord with an interested look on his face.
“Right now, you can capture me whenever you want. But give me time to get back my magic and I’ll battle you and prove that I am a worthy adversary. You could hunt me down the proper way, we’ll make a game of cat and mouse of it. All I’m asking is you let me do what I do, and then come for me when I’m at my best, what do you say?” Discord stopped for a moment to think before releasing Paradox, “Sounds fun,” said Discord as he turned to leave “I’m heading back home to get some rest and I’ll continue my ˝search˝ for you again tomorrow” and with that Discord left the cave, leaving Paradox smiling evilly knowing he had bought himself some time.


Blaze stood in a corner as he watched the residents of Ponyville converse amongst each other, as he watched them smile and laugh together, he felt as if he didn’t belong. He crept his way over to the entrance of Sugar Cube Corner but was stopped by a familiar shade of pink.

“There you are mister, I’ve been looking all over for you!” Pinkie noticed the pony’s saddened expression “Hey come on Blazey, this is a party! Turn that frownie upside downie” she took hold of Blaze's face and attempted to form a smile which came out crooked. “Oh I know what’ll cheer you up, cake time!” Pinkie pushed Blaze with her head across the room to a table in the center, the table held a large cake with different layers of frosting and mixed toppings piled on top.

“I wasn’t sure what you liked so I went ahead and threw in as many toppings and frostings as I had! I hope you like it!”

Blaze stared at the cake with an open mouth, he had to admit it did look good. He attempted to take a bite until something made him stop.

‘Is that thing really gonna take a bite of the cake?’

‘Why would the princess let that monster out of her sight?’
Blaze lowered his head slowly and backed his head away from the cake, he couldn’t believe what these ponies were saying. He looked up slightly and had his eyes scan the room, he was surprised at what he saw. No ponies mouths were moving but he could still hear what they were saying, what was going on?

‘I can’t believe Pinkie Pie would throw a party for that monster’

‘He doesn’t belong here, he’s nothing like us'

Blaze had tears stream down his cheeks as his mouth closed and his teeth gritted, his once normal teeth now resembled fangs. The temperature in the room began to rise, many ponies began to sweat and the icing on the cake started melting away. Twilight was the first to notice this as she drew closer to him, she could feel the intensity of the heat radiating off Blaze.

“Blaze, are you okay?” she asked with a worried expression. She couldn’t see his eyes directly but she noticed the tear streams beginning to dry under his eyes.

Blaze jumped in the air and hovered over the now half melted cake, his facial expression was now viewable by everypony in the room. It was filled with anger, though mostly pain.

“Your all silently judging me, you try to hide it but I know what you all truly think! None of you know me! I don’t even know myself! I seek a place to belong and turn to you all of you, hoping anypony can offer guidance! But instead all I get is resentment and hate, if I’m the monster you all think I am than how about I start acting like IT!?” Blaze flew over the heads of the groups of ponies and flew out the entrance leaving behind him a faint stream of flames and the smell of ash. Everypony now had a frightened look on their faces.

“Geez what was that all about?” asked Pinkie as she continued to eat the now burnt cake.

“I’m not sure but we can’t have him roaming around when he’s emotionally unstable, he could burn down the town” as Twilight said this everypony went into a state of panic and ran about each other attempting to leave.

“I’ll catch him, there’s no way he can outfly me” said Rainbow Dash as she flew towards the exit.

“No Rainbow!” Twilight intervened as she hovered in her path, “We can’t bring him back with brute force, we have to get him to comeback willingly” Twilight looked over at Fluttershy as she cowered behind a curtain. “Fluttershy, it’s up to you”

“Oh, I don’t know Twilight. He seemed really upset and I don’t know if he’ll listen to me” as Fluttershy said this Twilight walked over to where she hid with a worried face.

“You have to do this, if you can’t…” Twilight paused before she continued “I’ve been given orders to have us use our Elements of Harmony on him”

“No we can’t!” Fluttershy was now out from behind the curtain “Its not his fault he’s just confused and lonely, that’s all”

“Then go comfort him, out of the six of us you’re the one he’s bound to listen to the most,” Twilight locked eyes with her “We have confidence in you, all of us” Fluttershy’s worried face was now replaced by a confident one.

“Okay, I’ll do it” she said to her friends as she took off after Blaze.


Blaze sat in a cave sobbing to himself, he couldn’t help but sense a feeling of familiarity.

‘Why? Why does this feeling of emptiness feel so familiar’ Just as he thought about it, an image appeared in his mind and he knew what it was.

“That’s right, I’ve always been alone”

“But your not alone anymore” Blaze turned after he heard the familiar voice and was greeted by a face that seemed to comfort him. “I’m here with you,” said Fluttershy as she began to walk towards him.

“Why aren’t you running like everypony else? They weren’t saying it out loud but I could still hear them” Blaze looked at his wings as he outstretched them, “They all think I’m a monster. Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, everypony is afraid of me” Blaze attempted to look at Fluttershy but couldn’t bring himself to do so.

“I don’t think you’re a monster,” Fluttershy was now standing behind him “I mean you can be a bit scary at sometimes, but so can everypony. All of us have our scary sides, including me” Blaze gave a faint laugh as he found this hard to believe. He wiped away his tears and faced the pegasus.

“Why are you doing this? Why are you being so nice to me? If what everypony says I did on the night of the Gala is true, than why would you even bother wasting your time with me?” Blaze tried to look Fluttershy in the eyes but he couldn’t find the strength, just as he began to look away Fluttershy put a hoof under his chin and locked eyes with him.

“Because, I can tell better than anypony that your lonely. Maybe all you really need is some friends” she kept her eyes locked with his as she slowly lowered her hoof, she then noticed more tears forming in his eyes as he looked away. “Oh, did I say the wrong thing? I’m sorry” Blaze refocused his eyes back on her, willingly this time.

“Its just, I don’t really remember having any friends at all. I remember always feeling empty inside, and I was always so sad and alone…” Blaze sat for a moment staring at her eyes before he chose to look away, but as he went to turn something stopped him. He stood with a shocked expression as Fluttershy embraced him with a hug.

“You don’t have to say that anymore, because now you do have friends” Blaze felt her grip around him tighten “So please, don’t ever say that again” as Fluttershy said this, Blaze could make out her voice getting weaker and it only took him a few seconds before he realized she was now the one crying. Fluttershy gasped as she felt Blaze's hooves wrap around her and return a hug.

“Thank you Fluttershy” They held each other in silence for awhile before both ponies released their grips and dried their eyes. Blaze noticed the sun was beginning to set, “Its getting late we should head back” Fluttershy nodded her head in agreement.

“Um, you can stay at my cottage, that is if you want to,” said Fluttershy as the two walked to the cave entrance. Blaze looked at her one last time before, they left.

“Yeah, I’d like that”