• Published 20th Jan 2016
  • 503 Views, 8 Comments

Paradox's Prodigy(Cancelled.....for now.) - TheDimensionRift



After being banished to another dimension by Discord, Paradox returns with an apprentice to seek vengeance upon him and all of Equestria. However, Paradox's plans are changed when his pupil devolops amnesia and falls for a certain gentle pony.

  • ...
 8
 503

Chapter 7: Blaze vs Discord....and plot.

“Oh how cute, when you get made your little flames come out,” teased Discord as he approached Blaze.

“I’m sure Paradox will forgive me if I were to banish you to another dimension,” said Discord with a evil smile forming on his face.

“You make that sound easy, and besides, I don’t know anypony by that name” said Blaze with a cocky smile.

“So we gonna talk all day or are we gonna fight?”

“Well somepony sure is eager to be beat, I suppose-“

Discord was interrupted by a bolt of energy which sent him crashing out a window. Blaze quickly followed his attack up with a fireball spell which burned the draconoquus and covered him in ash. Blaze met Discord in mid air as he shook off the ash and soot from his body in his usual cartoonish manner.

“As much as I’d like to continue this, I can’t risk anypony getting hurt because of me; come on,” said Blaze as he flew past Discord and to an open field away from town.

Discord was confused, since when would a student of Paradox care about anypony else’s well being except his own. In any case, Discord followed him so they may continue their battle.


Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie rushed out of the kitchen when they heard a crash only to be greeted with a shattered window with burn marks all over the floors.

“Oh dear, this doesn’t look good,” said Fluttershy as she and Pinkie looked around.

“Doesn’t look good!?” yelled Pinkie with a worried look.

“If the Cakes come home to this than I’ll be out of a job, or even worse, I won't be able to come to Sugar Cube Corner anymore! Like ever! Ever! EVER!” she rushed to the back to grab supplies from the back to clean up the mess.

“Blaze, please don’t tell me your behind this,” whimpered Fluttershy as she lowered her head.

“I’m afraid he is,”

Fluttershy looked up to see her friend Twilight looking back at her with a concerned face.

“But he’s not the only one at fault here, follow me”

Discord snapped his fingers and made a tree come to life and wrap around the pony, holding him in place tight. Blaze shot him a look of irritation as he let out a yell and emitted a flaming aura which burned the tree to ash. He shot another ball of fire at Discord who spun around quickly as he now wore a matador uniform with a red cape on his arms.

“Olé,” said Discord as he waved the cape past the fireball at the last second. He pulled out a mirror as he looked at himself.

“Oh my, this outfit really brings out the color of my eyes,”
Blaze shot yet another fireball at him, this one larger in size.

“Incoming,” said Discord’s reflection as the flames approached quickly. Discord put up the mirror and reflected the spell sending it hurdling back towards Blaze who flew back as it hit him in the face. He shook his head as he recovered from the hit and gave Discord a cocky smile.

“I may have underestimated your powers, and while at first I did come at you the intent to harm you, I think I’m actually beginning to enjoy myself”

“So, you enjoy a fight? That’s rather odd, but I expect no less from a student of Paradox,” said Discord as he sipped on a cup of tea while seated on a chair in mid air.

“You possess magic as powerful as mine my boy, why not give it a shot?” asked Discord as he poured himself another cup of tea from a kettle.

“Oh that’s right, you don’t have control over your chaos powers like I do,” Discord knew he was playing devil’s advocate but he wanted to toy with his opponent a bit more before his victory. Annoyed at his remark, Blaze ran toward Discord’s direction gaining speed along the way.

Discord finished his tea and waved at Blaze, teasing him. Discord was about to cast another spell when something caught his paw, he looked to see that the grass he was floating above had now come to life and wrapped around him tightly, restraining his movement.

Discord couldn’t seem to get free, every time he moved the grass’s grip only grew stronger, all the while, Blaze drew closer to him with his horn glowing.

Discord had a look of surprise as he realized that it was chaos magic which bound him, he may not have full control but Blaze could still use it if he focused hard enough. Before he launched a large fireball, Blaze stopped running when a familiar face appeared before him.

“Blaze, what are you doing?” asked Fluttershy as she stared at Blaze who stopped dead in his tracks with a confused expression.

“Fluttershy? What are you doing here?”

“I was preparing breakfast for us until you shattered a window and burned Sugar Cube Corner,”

Blaze hung his head low with guilt, it was true, though Discord was involved he wasn’t the one who caused damage to Sugar Cube Corner. Blaze was about to apologize, but before he could open his mouth he was pulled by the tail and was dangling over an open portal.

“Congrats Blaze, you win this round. As promised, you win one all expense paid vacation to the chaos realm for all of eternity,” said Discord as he wore a Hawaiian red shirt and a pair of sunglasses.

“Oh I’m so jealous, it’s a shame I can’t join you but I have things to do right now”

“Discord!”

Discord turned when he heard the high pitch scream to see Fluttershy staring back at him angrily.

“Put him down this instance!” the yellow pegasus yelled.

Discord had a confused look on his face at the request she had. Why would she care about this pony, who once threatened her and his friends? He knew better than to argue with Fluttershy because he never won, so he did as she asked and closed the portal with a snap and let go of Blaze who fell on his face.

Twilight now appeared with Rainbow Dash who had a shocked look on her face as she noticed the scorched land and trees. Twilight, on the other hand, had a face of irritation.

“Sorry Twilight,” said Blaze with guilt as he walked over to the young princess.

“I just kinda lost control when we started to fight”

Discord stared for awhile as he saw Blaze bow his head honorably before Twilight. This couldn’t have been the same unicorn from the night at the gala, could it?

“Can somepony please explain to me why everypony is all buddy-buddy with the biggest threat in Equeastria?” asked Discord with a dumbfounded look.

“Fluttershy and I will catch Discord up on what he’s missed so far,” said Twilight ad she shot a glare in Discords direction.

“In the meantime, Rainbow Dash will escort Blaze back to Ponyville and he’s gonna help fix the damage he caused at Sugar Cube Corner before the Cakes get back”

Blaze no longer had a look of sadness and instead now had a determined grin on his face as he saluted Twilight with a hoof.

“You can count on me!” said Blaze as he turned to face the town. He than gave a glance towards Rainbow Dash’s direction.

“Race ya back to Sugar Cube Corner?” he asked with his grin of determination still locked firmly on his face.

“Your on!” said Rainbow Dash as she she smiled back at him.

“Winner buys the loser breakfast, deal?”

Blaze nodded his head in agreement as he trotted over and grabbed a stick which was lying nearby to mark a line in front of the two. They both took starting positions behind the line as they bent their hind legs and spread their wings apart.

“On your mark, get set…” started Rainbow Dash.

“You two can’t be –“

“Go!”

The two ponies took off, the cyan pegasus leaving behind a bolt of rainbows; blaze a trail of flames; following to their destination. Twilight sighed as she couldn’t believe they could have a race of all times.

“I sometimes wonder if what he’s got is passion or just recklessness,” said Twilight as she put a hoof over her face.

It was then that she turned her gaze toward Discord.

“Due to unfortunate accident, Blaze has suffered from amnesia and doesn’t recall much of what he did at the gala as well as his past,” she began. Discord put a paw under his chin as he recalled how his personality was different.

“That explains why he was acting so strange. First off he didn’t know who Paradox was; secondly he seemed more caring to others; and lastly, his appearance has changed significantly,” replied Discord

“But your right about one thing, he is still the greatest threat to Equeastria at the moment. However, if we can keep him from remembering his past, then maybe we could get him to use his powers for good instead,” Twilight continued.

“Though with Paradox still roaming about I guess not all out problems are solved. But Blaze is top priority at the moment”

Discord had a puzzled expression as he listened on to what Twilight said.

“So what exactly is being done about Blaze,” he asked curious of the princesses’ answer.

“I’m in charge of reforming him just like I did with you,” Fluttershy cut in as she stared up at Discord.

“He’s not bad once you get to know him, in fact his quite sweet”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” asked Discord with a annoyed look.

“Are you saying you spend time with him?”

“Well of course, you have to spend time with somepony if you want to be their friend. And besides, he stays with me”

Unlike Fluttershy, Twilight could see the obvious signs of Discord’s uncomfortableness with this situation. Seeing the master of chaos jealous made her let out a laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Discord snapped.

“Oh nothing, just taking notice of your jealousy,” Twilight teased.

“Me!? Discord the lord of chaos threatened by somepony like him? Preposterous!” he crossed his arms as his face began to turn slightly red.
Seeing this, Fluttershy laughed thinking of how cute he was when he tried to hide his feelings.

“On a more serious note though, there is still a problem currently developing with Blaze,” said Twilight as she used her horn to project a small screen with a diagram on it of a pony.

“As I’m sure you’ve already noticed, Blaze’s body has absorbed even more chaos magic, though I’m not exactly sure from where. As well as changing his appearance, he received a slight increase in his base magic power. However his body can only hold so much before it reaches his limit which is why I’ve been monitoring his magic levels,”

The diagram then began to change as 1/4th of its body became shaded in by a dark violet while the rest remained clear.

“This is how much chaos magic that is within his body now and already the power is a bit too much for him to control. This isn’t a huge concern at the moment as he can get it under control if he tries hard enough,”

“So than what? He gains a little bit of chaos magic, big deal,” remarked Discord with a yawn as he purposely acted bored.

Twilight rolled her eyes at his comment before continuing.

“Actually, it’s a very big deal,” she said with a combination of annoyance and concern in her tone.

“If his magic rises past the 2/4th mark of what his bodies recommended magic level is than his body won’t be able to contain it all. The magic will be uncontrollable by than unless he has a good bearing on it now and learns how to properly wield its power,” Twilight paused for a moment as she looked over at Discord with a nervous smile.

“So what I’m saying is, he needs somepony who has experience in chaos magic to teach him how to use it”

“Well that does sound like a rather unfortunate circumstance, where in the world are you gonna find somepony who can do that?” asked Discord as he looked at his paw as he filed his claws.

It wasn’t until Fluttershy cleared her throat and gave him a nudge that he realized what Twilight had said.

“Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, noooo thank you,” said Discord as he closed his eyes and turned his back to Twilight in protest.

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I could teach somepony who has a grudge against me for reasons unknown and who tries to destroy me every time I so much as glance in his direction. Sorry but I guess young Blaze is done for,” Discord said in a bit of a triumphant tone of voice. He opened his eyes only to be met by the wide eyes; beautiful eyes; eyes he knew all too well.

“Discord please, he really is a nice pony. Actually, he reminds me a lot of you,” said Fluttershy in a sweet soft voice.

“Oh, how so?” asked Discord sarcastically as he turned away in attempt to hide his anger.

“Well, just like you, he’s never really had a friend; he’s always been alone. And just like you,” Fluttershy turned his head to have Discord meet her gaze before she continued.

“He’s my friend, and I’d do anything to help my friends when their in need,” she said as she wrapped her hooves around his long neck for a hug.

Discord stood for a moment speechless for a few moments before he looked down at the pony who had embraced him.
'Even now, I can't bring myself to say no to her' he thought to himself before returning a hug back to Fluttershy. Twilight cleared her throat causing the two to let go of each other as she just stared back at them.

“So?” she asked with a bit of irritation.

Discord looked over at Fluttershy as he thought for a moment, then, he gave a defeated sigh and turned towards Twilight.

“I never could say no to her, no matter what she asked,” said Discord with a smile on his face.