• Published 20th Jan 2016
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

Paradox's Prodigy(Cancelled.....for now.) - TheDimensionRift



After being banished to another dimension by Discord, Paradox returns with an apprentice to seek vengeance upon him and all of Equestria. However, Paradox's plans are changed when his pupil devolops amnesia and falls for a certain gentle pony.

  • ...
 8
 502

Chapter 6: Bitter Sweet Memories

Blaze found himself on a dirt road next to a large stretch of land. On the land was a beautiful castle which seemed to be made of a glass material. He wasn’t sure why but the place he was at had a sense of familiar, from the castle to the dirt road, something about it seemed to bring him comfort. As he looked around with awe something caught his eye, two adult sized ponies walking in his direction.

The pegasus looked strong, his wings seemed capable of flying for extremely long distances and his physique had a tone of slender and muscle to it. The pegasus was a bright red with dark orange hair and tail to match while his eyes were golden brown. The mare was beautiful, she was a hot pink unicorn with a bright yellow and orange mane and eyes of a bright red. He could have sworn for a moment she seemed to have wings like those of a pegasus, but as he rubbed his eyes Blaze noticed she was only a unicorn.

As they had finally made their way to him, Blaze just stared at the two ponies before him. He couldn’t explain it, but he felt like he knew who they were.

“I…I know you, don’t I?” he asked as he had a confused expression. It was at this point that the pegasus began laughing loudly, the unicorn just blushed and giggled along quietly.

“You better know us,” said the pegaus as he gave Blaze a shove. “Or did you forget all those times I gave you rides when you were little?”
Hearing this, an image flashed through Blaze's mind of him when he was younger. He remembered the walks on the dirt path, the rides he was given, everything he did with the only two ponies in his life.

“My….my...?” he couldn’t get the word out as tears began forming in his eyes and his voice began to break. The unicorn smiled warmly as she began to speak.,

“That’s right, we’re your”- she was interrupted abruptly as she felt something embrace her. Blaze was sobbing as he held a hoof around both of his parents, hugging them with a bit of intensity.

“I can’t explain it…but it feels like you’ve both been gone for a really long time and this is the first time I’ve seen you…” Blaze spoke through tears as he struggled to keep his voice calm. “I’m just so glad you’re both here”

“I can’t allow this”

Blaze turned around when he heard an evil voice bellow behind him. He was face with a large shadowy dark purple figure with piercing red eyes. It’s presence made Blaze shudder as it appeared before him, he looked around only to see that he was now alone.

Where the castle once stood lay only rubble, and the beautiful landscape was now in a state of devastation. The figure fired a dark sphere of condensed energy at him, Blaze collapsed as he felt his ears ringing and a burst of pain shoot through his head. Seeing this, the figure began laughing at him.

“You told me to make it stop, you told me to help you,” the figure spoke in a deep, raspy, tone as it moved closer to Blaze. “And now….your mine”

“The likes of you are not welcome here, begone!”

With a flash of light and a quick cry of pain, the figure was gone. Blaze looked up to see a dark blue alicorn standing over him, her face carried a smile, one that resembled his mother’s. She helped him up as he struggled to stand back up, he felt weaker all of a sudden but couldn’t explain why.

“I trust that your not hurt,” she said once Blaze finally managed to stand.

“Yeah I’m fine,” he paused for a moment as a sudden rush of energy overcame him. His orange became gray, his hair and tail became a dark purple with streaks of white. “Actually, I feel great or at least better than I was before. Thanks for the help uh…” Blaze chuckled nervously, though she seemed familiar he had forgotten her name.

“Luna, Princess Luna”

“Oh y-your Highness,” he bowed his head realizing the error he just made, how could he had forgotten she was a princess? “Please forgive my negligence”

“Its quite alright,” Luna giggled as she saw his nervous attempt to bow. “I can see your not very good with formalities anyway. Moreover, why did you change color?” Blaze shrugged as he stared back at her with a confused look. “Well I suppose anything is possible, this is your dream after all”

“You mean to tell me I’m dreaming?” Blaze donned a look of disappointment, “I knew it was too good to be true, I don’t remember what happened but my parents aren’t with me anymore” he stared at the ground but a hoof placed under his chin and he found himself with his eyes locked onto Luna's.

“Though you say they aren’t with you anymore, I think your heart says otherwise,” she smiled at him, the same smile he once saw on his mother’s face, and it seemed to comfort him. “The important thing to remember is what you stand for”

“What do you mean? What is it that I stand for?” as he asked the young princess giggled slightly.

“Don’t you see? You are the physical representation of the love between your parents. You were birthed from their love, an eternal connection between you three will always remain” Blaze couldn’t help but wipe away tears which tried to form as Luna spoke. All of a sudden, a giant ripple began to shift across the landscape.

“Worry not, your just beginning to wake up,” Luna reassured him. “I must be going now, take care young Blaze,” with those final words Luna disappeared along with the rest of Blaze's fantasy.


Blaze awoke to a worried pair of eyes staring back at him. It didn’t take him long before he recognized who they belong to.

“Thank goodness your finally awake, I was beginning to worry,” Fluttershy said as she sighed with relief. She placed a hoof on Blaze's head, as though checking his temperature. “You don’t see to have a fever, how do you feel?”

Blaze shrugged as he sat up from the couch, he stretched his hooves out behind his head as he yawned.

“I feel normal, actually, I feel great. Why do you ask?”

“Well, when I came down here you were crying in your dream and seemed to be acting strange. I tried to wake you but you just wouldn’t, and than this dark energy surrounded you, and now you…” Fluttershy stopped as she held up a small mirror for Blaze to see.

He saw his hair was a dark purple with streaks of white, he jumped in the air and hovered taking notice of his now gray hooves, wings, and body.

“I thought this only happened in my dream, I guess whatever happened took effect on my real body. I feel amazing, its hard to explain, but it feels like I’m surging with magic. Its like I’m a new more powerful version of my former self ” Blaze glanced over at Fluttershy as she looked concerned. He lowered himself down to her until they were at eye level.

“I mean, I’m alright. Thanks for caring Fluttershy, but don’t worry, even if I have a different outlook I’m still the same pony on the inside,” as he finished speaking, Blaze's stomach seemed to speak as well.

“Oh, you must be hungry right?” asked Fluttershy as she walked to the door. “Why don’t we head to Sugar Cube Corner for breakfast? I already fed the animals so they should be good until later” she opened the door and Blaze shot out leaving behind a faint stream of dark purple flames. She watched as he flew all around the clouds at amazing speed, he had only flown three times in his life and he appeared to be as fast as Rainbow Dash.
He came rushing towards her but came to a hard stop as he seen her flinch. He stood in front of her with a grin.

“I guess that feeling of power wasn’t just a feeling,” said Blaze with a happy expression. “Hey I just thought of something, wanna fly to Sugar Cube Corner?” Fluttershy made a bit of a disapproving sound when he asked.

“Oh come on, we don’t even have to go fast we can just take it slow if you want?” hearing this, Fluttershy nodded as the two went airborne.


“Hey Fluttershy!” screamed Pinkie when she saw her friend walk in. “I didn’t really expect to see you here in the morning and…” Pinkie paused as she looked at the gray pony behind her. He opened his mouth to explain but was interrupted by her.

“You had a dream and in that dream a giant shadowy figure shot a dark ball of Chaos Magic at you which changed your appearance to what it is now and than you woke up only to find that your looks didn’t change just in your dream but also in real life!?”

“How did you-”

“Just a hunch, hey Fluttershy can you help me in the back real quick?” she interrupted again, “Have a seat and I’ll be with you in a minute” Pinkie smiled before bouncing off somewhere in the back of the store with Fluttershy following after her.
As he sat at a booth Blaze found himself rather more bored than hungry, so bored in fact, that he stared at a salt shaker on the table. He quickly jumped back as it began to sprout legs and began to dance, he then noticed the pepper and ketchup bottle began to fight each other with straws.

“What in wide, wide, world of Equestria is happening?” Blaze chased after the creatures but they were just too fast, it didn’t help neither when other strange things began happening.
Pink clouds filled with chocolate milk began appearing inside, floor tiles began spinning in place, and chairs and tables were hanging upside down from the ceiling.

Blaze tried his hardest to focus on stopping it all, but the harder he tried the worse it got. As he ran about the room chasing the objects, he slipped and landed in a chocolate milk puddle.

“Not easy being a Spirit of Chaos is it?”

Blaze sat up with a shocked expression when he heard a familiar voice, hearing the voice made Blaze feel a bit angry. He spun around to see where it came from only to be greeted by the Master of Chaos himself, Discord.

“It’s been awhile my boy, I sense you have even more Chaos Magic inside you than when we originally met,” Discord snapped his fingers and everything returned to normal as though nothing had ever happened.

“I don’t know where or how you got so much power from but it doesn’t matter now, because I’m going to relinquish it from you” Discord giggled to himself as he said this.

“Yes, something’s coming back to me,” said Blaze as he turned to face the Discord. Discord noticed he had a certain look in his eye, it was the same look he had the night they had first me: a look of rage.

“I may not remember much from my past but there is one thing I do remember and know well. I may not remember why, but there is something I wont deny and that is,” the air around Blaze now became heavy as purple flames formed around him.

“I hate you with a burning passion!”

Author's Note:

Took awhile for me to sit down and take the time to write, what with school and all, but I should be releasing more chapters soon. (Not only for this story)