• Published 20th Jan 2016
  • 503 Views, 8 Comments

Paradox's Prodigy(Cancelled.....for now.) - TheDimensionRift



After being banished to another dimension by Discord, Paradox returns with an apprentice to seek vengeance upon him and all of Equestria. However, Paradox's plans are changed when his pupil devolops amnesia and falls for a certain gentle pony.

  • ...
 8
 503

Chapter 3: Escalation

“Hey I got a question, well actually it’s more like 2 questions,” Pinkie said as she held her arm over her head like a young pony waiting to be called on in school “Who was that? And what just happened?” Twilight turned to Discord who was the only one who could provide anything close to an answer at the time. When he noticed this Discord began teasing the young princess “You mean there’s something I know that the great Twilight Sparkle doesn’t?” Discord was gonna continue until he noticed every ponies expressions were all serious. He let out a sigh of defeat before he continued.

“Well your all no fun,” Discord cleared his throat as he pulled out a what looked like a giant resource book and put on reading glasses “Paradox is a variation of the Spirit of Chaos, he is known as the Spirit of Manipulation,” Twilight’s eyes opened wide at the phrase Discord just read. “Variation!? You mean, there is more then ONE Spirit of Chaos?” Discord put his paw over her mouth while using his claw to form a silence gesture “Shhhh darling it’s story time, not show and tell,” he cleared his throat again and continued “Since Paradox is a variation of the Spirit of Chaos, he retains all abilities of the original with the only drawback being that these abilities are a weaker variation and consume more magic than the original,” Discord closed the book and tossed it out a open window.

“That doesn’t sound all that bad,” said Applejack as she tried to lift the others spirits “It sounds like we’re just dealing with a weaker version of Discord and considering all the stuff he did while he was here I’m sure he’s even weaker now,” Discord had a bit of a more serious look on his face “What that textbook failed to mention was that since manipulation is his specialty he can often manipulate others with just his words alone and any manipulation spell he casts would be about 10x harder to break than mine. Furthermore, he can replenish his magic supply by feeding off the negative emotions of others” Twilight seemed more composed but a bigger question remained on her mind.

“We still never found out were he took Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?” Twilight exclaimed.

“No one took us anywhere,” Twilight turned around to be faced by her fellow princesses presence. “After they snuck in Paradox had a unicorn put up an anti magic barrier. It blocked both Luna and my magic which means whoever that unicorn is, has a powerful amount of magic within them” Twilight was surprised to hear this, a unicorn who has stronger magic then both of the princesses? “While we don’t have much information on him, Paradox did call him Blaze. He also referred to him as his apprentice” Twilight continued with a confused look once again but this time she turned to Discord “If Paradox is his teacher, is it possible for him to teach Blaze chaos magic?” Discord began laughing slightly “No, not possible, only a spirit of chaos may wield chaos magic,” he dropped his laugh and put his paw under his chin making a thinking gesture “At least I don’t think so, as far as I know it’s never been done”

“Um, everyone”

“What do you mean it’s never been done?” Twilight annoyed with his response.

“I mean, it’s never been done, I mean I’ve never met any creature who could handle that much magic aside from another spirit,”

“Um”

“So there is still a possibility that it can be done?”

“Well if I’m being completely honest here, than I’d have to say I don’t know”

“Everyone!”
As Fluttershy yelled she could see that she now had everyone’s eyes on her “Oh, I’m sorry,” she whimpered. She cleared her throat before she continued to speak, “Discord, is it possible for Paradox to manipulate somepony without them knowing?” Discord scratch the top of his head “Yes something like that would be child’s play to him,” Discord looked at Fluttershy with a puzzled look “What exactly are you implying my dear?” Fluttershy shifted nervously where she stood “What if that unicorn is being controlled by Paradox, I mean then he wouldn’t know any better, right?”

“That does seem very likely, but I know Paradox he tries to conserve as much magic as possible and since he’s attempting to take over Equestria he’s going to try to keep twice as much in reserve. And if he was manipulating him, then why waste time teaching him as an apprentice?” Rainbow Dash seemed to interject with a comment of her own “I’m not sure about the rest of you but it seemed to me like that unicorn held a bit of grudge over Discord,” everyone seemed to nod and look at Discord.

“What? I didn’t do anything, aside from right now I’ve never seen that unicorn in my lifetime” said Discord with an innocent look. “Paradox’s student has unique magic capabilities as he demonstrated today. Manipulated or not, as it stands he’s a threat to Equestria and us all,” Discord laughed a bit wickedly “I guess there’s no other choice, he must be destroyed” Fluttershy gasped as Discord said this “Or at least captured” he finished. Celestia summoned a group of guards who appeared in moments.

“I want you and your ponies to begin a search party,” Pinkie Pie gasped as Celestia said this “A party?” a look of excitement on her face. “Not that kind of party darling,” Rarity said as she laughed softly at her friend. Celestia turned to Discord with a stern look, the draconaquus already knew what it meant. “Oh fine, I’ll help look as well,” Discord snapped his fingers and was now wearing a police uniform “Besides, I have a feeling I know where he’s hiding anyway,” having said that Discord disappeared in a cartoon style poof.

“There’s one thing I still don’t understand,” Twilight turned to Celestia with a lost gaze “If he didn’t really kidnap you or Princess Luna, then wasn’t Paradox’s coming here pointless?” It was at this point that Luna began to speak “Do not underestimate him, if Paradox is anything like Discord we must assume nothing he does is without reason”

Paradox clapped his hooves together and released his student from his magic spherical prison, upon doing so he was met with a rather ill tempered unicorn. “You coward! The opportunity of a lifetime and you let it slip away!” Blaze’s heat pressure was now rising “We could’ve had Discord and claimed Equestria like you said we would but instead you chose to run, we accomplished nothing!” Paradox wrapped his hoof around Blaze “My precious student, you have much to learn. The timing is off as I am not at my 100% best,” Paradox met Blaze's gaze with a look of anger of his own “And if I am not at my best than we will stand no chance at all against Discord and your thirst for revenge would go unquenched” Blaze still had a look of irritation on his face but Paradox knew how to fix that “Its time you got what you’ve always asked for, my apprentice” Blaze's hateful stare was now an awestruck one.

“You…you mean?” Blaze had trouble making the words out of his mouth, he was practically trembling with excitement “I’ll finally get to be-?” Blaze was interrupted as his teacher shot a condensed bolt of dark magic at him, it knocked him back violently and sent him flying towards a tree. Blaze cried out for the first few moments, but, as the pain faded his cry of harm turned into a laughter of insanity. “I know it’s a lot to take in but you must gain control of it,” Paradox yelled at his student “If you let it consume you I’ll be left but with no choice to destroy you here and then you’ll never get your revenge on Discord for what he did to your parents!” Blaze's laughter died down as his body underwent the transformation. His whole body’s color began to darken and a pair of wings which resembled those of Paradox formed on his spine and a forked tail appeared at his rear end, his horn gained a fine sharp point and his eyes became a dark violet. He slowly stood up and outstretched his new wings staring at them in pure awe.

“I’m rather impressed my boy,” Paradox wore a look of astonishment “I wasn’t sure if your body could contain this much magic” Paradox had a smile creep across his face “Why, your almost as powerful as I am now” Blaze took to the sky and within seconds he could see all of Ponyville and the Everfree Forest. His eyes then locked on the groups of royal guards which were heading his direction, he descended rather quick to inform his teacher only to see Paradox smiling back at him. “You planned this all along,” Blaze said as he looked Paradox in the eye “Your plan wasn’t a failure, you knew by revealing yourself Celestia would send out search parties to locate us. Your plan was to thin out the numbers of resistance at Canterlot and then return with a counter attack,” Paradox nodded at him.
“You learn quick my boy, who knows, maybe soon I shall be the one calling you master?” the two laughed together before Paradox cleared his throat “Anyways, I still have to gather more magic before the day is up; in the meantime why don’t you try out your new abilities?” Blaze stared at his horn glowing with chaos magic as Paradox spoke “When your finished meet me back at the hideout, oh and Blaze, do try not to overdue it and bring attention to yourself” With that said, Paradox disappeared in a bright flash of light, leaving Blaze alone with several groups of guards approaching him from all sides. The guards surrounded Blaze and prepared for anything “By order of Princess Celestia, I hereby place you under royal arrest,” said a unicorn in a commanding tone. Blaze cracked his neck with his hooves and began to stretch out his wings and tail.
“Let’s see what the power of a Chaos Spirit can do” an evil smile appeared on Blaze’s face.

“What’s wrong sugar cube? You haven’t been the same since earlier” Applejack said as her and Fluttershy stopped in front of her cottage “Does it have to do with that Paradox and Blaze feller?” Fluttershy had a saddened expression “Oh I know he seems bad but, I think Blaze is just brainwashed by Paradox” Applejack put a hoof on her friend “I know you try see the good in everypony Fluttershy but, he crashed the Gala, threatened all of us, and more importantly he wants to take over Equestria” Fluttershy trusted Applejack, she wanted to tell her how she noticed the look of sadness she saw in the unicorn’s eyes. But as she was about a boom of thunder interrupted her, “Huh that’s funny, I don’t remember rain being scheduled this late I better get home before I get caught in that. I’ll see ya later Fluttershy,” and with that the pegasus was left standing where her friend left her. She didn’t know why but she questioned the storms creator to be a pegasus, just as she was about to go in a bolt of lightning flashed across the sky and a crash could be seen in the distance.

“Goodness, that poor pegasus might be hurt,” she paused for a moment before taking in a deep breath and charging to the crash site.

Blaze cackled with evil laughter as he looked around and marveled at what he had done. The guards who once surrounded him now all lay unconscious around him, some had their horns turned into carrots, others were turned into oranges. Blaze looked at his hooves and then at his horn as he slowly ascended to sky, “This is the power of a Spirit of Chaos? The power of Discord? It feels almost limitless” without even trying Blaze summoned up a storm of chocolate milk “Though it could take some getting use to, why, with this power I could claim Canterlot for master Paradox and then he’d know I’m ready to face Discord” as his smile began to grow, Blaze started flying towards the city. As he took off he narrowly dodged a bolt lf lightning, he stopped for a moment to laugh at how he was almost hit when he felt a sharp pain surge through his entire body. His wing had been struck, fearing the inevitable, Blaze braced himself for impact. He smashed into a tree hard nearly breaking it in half, as he attempted to recover himself and sit up, another bolt lightning hit the tree branch above him causing it to fall and hit Blaze hard on the head. The unicorn blacked out.
Fluttershy ran through the forest weaving between tree’s and bushes attempting to reach the crash site to aid whatever creature was unfortunate enough to be caught up in this terrible storm. Though the storm frightened her she couldn’t even bear the thought of some poor animal being caught in it. When she stumbled upon a few broken tree’s and one that was on fire, she knew she was in the right place. She could see make out a figure being crushed under the large branch which had fallen on them, “Oh hang on, I’ll get you out of there you poor animal” As she lifted the branch she let out a gasp to see that what she saved or better yet, who she saved was no forest animal after all, it was Blaze. Fluttershy was confused, the storm was getting worse now, would he be alright if she left him her? She began to turn to leave as she remembered the anger that she saw in his eyes, it frightened her. Then she remembered the other thing she had seen in his eyes, the sadness. She stood in the rain for a moment before silently nodding to herself, she knew what she had to do.