• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 14,586 Views, 421 Comments

Crystal Prep Cuties - Wildcard25



Spike Drake reunites with six of his childhood friends, only to see they've changed a lot since they were children

  • ...
20
 421
 14,586

First Day

Spike after seeing the six girls selected to be his guides looked at them curiously as if he knew them. Suddenly he saw in their places the six girls he knew when he was just a kid and found the resemblance was without a doubt true.

"Girls!" Spike cheered, as he jumped out of his seat and ran to them.

"Spike!" Twilight gasped, as she was the one to embrace him, "It's so good to see you."

"It's great to see all of you too." Spike added.

"Well, if this isn't a small world." Indigo stated.

"When did you get back?" Sunny asked.

"A few days ago actually. And I'm back to stay."

"You already know each other?" Cadance asked.

"Yeah. I knew these girls when we were kids," Spike explained, "I almost didn't recognize them after so many years. You girls have really changed," he thought to himself, while glancing at their racks. Lemon, Indigo, Sunny, and Sour had grown into High-C cups, while Twilight and Sugarcoat appeared to be High D-Cup sized, 'Though they didn't have those the last time we met.' he felt aroused.

Sugarcoat spoke, "You may have gotten taller, but aside from that you still look the same."

Spike was confused feeling a bit insulted by her comment. Cinch spoke up, "Since you're already acquainted with each other this tour should go smoothly, yes?"

"As smooth as silk," Sour Sweet began, before muttering, "As long as no one messes it up." Spike hearing her mutter those words was surprised, for he never heard her speak like that before.

"Then I suggest you all get to it, before classes begin. The tour will not be used as an excuse for tardiness." Cinch instructed.

"Yes, ma'am." the girls answered, as they showed Spike out.


So the six girls were walking with spike following their lead, as they showed them all the classrooms that held certain classes.

As they gave the tour, Twilight spoke to Spike, "So why have you come back after all this time?"

"My pop got another job transfer back here. Believe me we were all shocked to see we had to come back to very place we moved away from years ago."

"And why'd you enroll at Crystal Prep of all the schools?" Sunny asked.

"Did you know we were attending here? You must be psychic!" Lemon gasped.

"No I'm not psychic. My parents were former graduates, and I guess me attending here like them is a must," Spike replied, "And how could I have known you were attending here? None of you told me. You stopped responding to my letters years ago." he said feeling hurt.

"We're so sorry, Spike," Sour Sweet began with guilt, before muttering, "But there's only so much to tell you that you probably haven't already heard about."

"I wanted to write to you too, Spike," Twilight admitted, "But I've caught up in so many of my experiments and studies I guess I neglected to continue to write."

"Same for me and my sports work." Indigo added.

"I see." Spike replied, as they continued walking.

When the girls finished the tour, Spike was standing outside his first class. He turned to the girls and spoke, "Thanks for the tour, girls. I hope I'll see you around the school more."

"We have plenty of classes, so obviously we'll meet up with you somewhere down the line." Sugarcoat said in an obvious tone.

"Oh, right." Spike said, knowing there was truth to it.

"We'll catch you later, Spike." Twilight said, as the six took off for their own classes.

Spike watched them leave, as he thought, 'They're definitely more different than I remember. I guess that's what happens with age as they say.' he went inside his class.


In the classroom he saw many of the older students who were taking the same first period class as he had already chosen their seats. He searched for an unoccupied seat but some of them he was hesitant about taking due to the students who'd he be sitting next to. Some of their appearances rubbed him the wrong way and the last thing he wanted to get on anyone's bad side on his first day.

He decided to take a seat in the back that looked vacant enough and wouldn't be next to anyone just yet. He sat calmly and waited for class to start, until a voice spoke to him, "Excuse me, is this seat taken?"

Spike looked to his right and saw Coco, "Oh, Coco. I didn't expect to see you here."

"It's nice to run into a familiar face." Coco admitted, as she took the seat, "So how're you so far now that class is in session?"

"Not bad, already I met some old friends of mine." Spike answered.

"Old friends?" Spike nodded, "Well, I'm glad to hear that?"

"How're you adjusting for your first day?"

"Oh. I'm ok. There's this older girl named Suri who said she'd be more than happy to show me the ropes."

"Good to hear you found a mentor at the school." Spike smiled.

"I know." Coco smiled, until class was starting.

For his first class, Spike just stayed quiet and didn't speak up unless he was called upon. He observed the students and saw when asked a question they answered it correctly without hesitation or having to think. Even the teacher for the class was a bit of a stick in the mud and quite sardonic like Ben Stein.

'Jeez I hope not every other teacher in school is like this. How did my parents survive or deal with a place like here?' he thought.


After the first bell rang, the student left the classroom and headed off to their next class. As Spike was walking the halls, he was trying to avoid bumping into several students.

"Jeez, it's like everyone wants me to bump into them so they can give me dirty eyes!" Spike muttered to himself before coming around a corner only to bump into another.

He fell to the floor, and groaned from the impact, "Ok, that was stupid."

Suddenly a voice spoke up sounding like John Cleese, "Oh! Oh, how clumsy of me!" Spike looked up and saw an older student who looked to be a senior reaching down to help him back up. He had light azure hair done up nicely, and matching eye color. Over his left eye was a monocle.

The older boy dusted and straightened Spike's uniform, "Oh, dear. Oh, dear. I'm terribly sorry, my dear boy. I hope I didn't hurt you in the slightest."

"Uh, I'm ok." Spike answered in confusion. This boy was the first one all day to treat him normally or even acknowledge his existence.

"I apologize for my collision. These halls are like a jungle between classes." he laughed at his joke.

"Funny." Spike chuckled, still surprised how normal this boy was compared to the others.

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Fancypants." he greeted Spike.

"My name's Spike Drake."

"Well, Spike it's a pleasure to meet a new student here at Crystal Prep."

"How can you tell I'm a new student?"

"I did happen to find you walking about the halls earlier today with the Crystal Prep Cuties."

Spike did a double take, "The what?"

"The girls you were with who were showing you around the school." Fancypants reminded him.

"Yeah, I know, but what did you call them?"

"The Crystal Prep Cuties. It's their reputation around this school."

"Reputation?" Spike raised a brow.

"That's right. Twilight Sparkle, Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Lemon Zest, and Sugarcoat. Six members of the female student body who're known for their individual talents from brains, looks, athleticism, you name it."

"Wow. I had no idea those girls had really gone so far since I last saw them."

Fancypants' curiosity was caught, "Oh, do you already know of them?"

"Yeah. I knew them since we were kids. They were my six closest friends."

"You don't say? Well, it must be nice reuniting with your old friends isn't it?"

"Sort of. I mean it's great to see them again, but for some reason they don't feel like they way I remember them."

"Well, times change. Especially when people get older." the older boy replied.

"So I've been told." Spike agreed.

"So sorry if I was holding you up, you must really be needing to get to class." Fancypants apologized.

"Yeah. You know where room A-113 Fine Arts is?"

"As a matter of fact that happens to be my next class as well. Why don't we head over together, huh?"

"Sure. If you want." Spike said, as the two began walking, "Hey, Fancypants?"

"Hm?"

"Mind if I ask you something?"

"Not at all."

"Why are you being so nice?"

"Pardon?"

"Forgive me for stereotyping, but I half expected you to be like all the others I've been meeting around here. Passing by minding to themselves. Why're you so different?"

Fancypants smiled, "Take note, my boy. Not all of us here at CPA, are elitists or snobs as we are made out to be by other schools or by first impression. There are actually a number of us here who look out for our own. Some of us just have their own unique way of showing it."

"I see." Spike replied hoping to meet more students like him.

Within a few more periods Spike realized he had some classes with a few of his old friends like Science with Twilight, Phys Ed with Indigo Zap, and even Music with Lemon Zest. Although he had classes with a few of them, he didn't have too much time to talk with them during class, and after class they immediately left for their next period.


When lunchtime arrived, Spike was in the wide cafeteria carrying a tray of cafeteria food, He looked around to find a table vacant enough, but nearly half of them were all filled up. He looked and saw one table occupied by his old friends. He smiled with joy.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind having their old friend join so we can catch up," Spike was ready to go over, until the whole table filled up fast with other students wanting to ask the six questions or share the latest gossip, "Dammit!" he walked on sulking, until someone spoke to him.

"Spike?" Spike looked seeing Coco sitting at a table by herself, "If you're looking for a table, this one's opened." she offered.

Spike seeing it was better than nothing sat next to her, "Thanks. I was hoping I could use this as a chance to catch up with my old friends, but sadly that's not happening now."

"Sorry to hear." Coco replied in sympathy.

"Well, I should expect it. They're apparently six of the most popular girls in school. Approaching them during school hours won't be easy."

"So how're your classes going for you?" Coco asked.

"Not too bad, though half of the teaching staff here scare the living daylights out of me."

"How so?" Coco asked.

"Well, there's Ms. Harshwhinny the Social Studies teacher. She's like scary beyond all reason." Spike shuddered.

"I'll admit she seems intimidating." Coco admitted.

"Ms. Chrysalis in English kept looking at me and just about every male student in class in a flirtatious way. I think she might be a pedophile." Spike trembled.

"I think you're exaggerating that one." Coco replied dryly.

"Am I, Coco?!" Spike snapped, "When she asked me a question she leaned over onto my desk and..." he leaned in and whispered to her, "Gave me a view of her cleavage."

Coco's eyes widened, "She didn't."

"She did." Spike nodded.

"Oh, my." Coco gasped.

Their conversation was broken up by another voice, "Pardon me," they looked and saw another girl two years older than them. Her eyes were moderate opal and her hair was colored dark grayish indigo with dark indigo and moderate opal highlights, "Do you mind? A lot of other places are full."

"Not at all." Spike answered.

"Please, sit down." Coco welcomed her.

The older girl smiled as she took a seat, "My name's Coloratura by the way. But please call me Rara."

"I'm Spike Drake."

"And I'm Coco Pommel."

"Nice to meet you both. It's nice to see new faces around this school. Especially after seeing so many students here with that stone cold expression. Please don't ever develop the habit of making that face."

"Don't worry, that's the last thing on my mind." Spike answered, and the three laughed.

So through lunch period, the two freshman got to know about the older girl and vice versa, "So what kind of hobbies do you have, Coco?" Rara asked.

"Well, I'm a dressmaker and I like to put together special funding events from pledge drives to theater performances." the freshman girl answered.

"Really?" Spike asked, "Wow that is great."

"What about you, Spike?" Coco wondered.

"I'm a master hip hop dancer. If there's a dance challenge I'll take it."

"Impressive." Rara smiled.

"And you, Rara?" Spike inquired.

"I'm a pianist and pop star singer. Well, not an international one, but it's my talent. My stage name is Countess."

"Catchy." Spike admitted.

"Thanks. I'm hoping one day I can make it big."

"I'm sure you will." Coco said.

"Thanks. You two are really great friends."

Spike and Coco looked at each other before turning back to Rara, as Spike asked, "We're friends?"

"Why not?" Rara asked, "I mean talking about ourselves to each other, sharing our dreams, laughing. Isn't that what friends do?"

Spike hearing that looked over seeing his old friends and remembered the good times, "Yeah. It is." he agreed, and the two girls smiled.


After school ended, several students were leaving while Spike looked around for the girls, but saw no trace of them.

"Maybe they went home... Well, they were probably too busy to speak to me anyway." Spike said, as he left the school.

He walked until he found himself at the same playground he and the girls used to play at. He took a seat on the bench and surveyed the scene of little children playing and having fun. He smiled while reminiscing about the old days. His smile soon turned into a pout after realizing his friends weren't who he used to know them as, and wondered if things could ever be remotely the same as they used to be.

"There you are, Spike. We were looking for you." came Twilight's voice.

Spike's head shot up and saw the girls standing before him, "Girls, what're you doing here?"

"We were looking around school for you, but couldn't find you," Sour Sweet began, "You could've had to decency to wait for us."

"Sorry, I tried looking myself, but I assumed you all went home. How'd you know to come here?"

"You haven't been here for years and it was obvious one of the first places you go would be a place we all have a special memory of." Sugarcoat explained.

"Sorry we didn't have the time at school to catch up on lost times." Twilight apologized.

"We feel just awful for ignoring you." Sunny Flare said.

"Yeah. We were bummed out of our skulls." Lemon Zest added.

"Wow. I half expected you guys to just have forgotten about me." Spike said in disbelief.

"Are you kidding?" Indigo Zap asked, "How could we forget about our home boy?" she playfully punched his shoulder.

"So now that school's done, you wanna finally catch up on lost times?" Twilight offered.

Spike stood up, "You know it, girls. That one ice cream shop down on Manedrive still open?"

"You betcha, dude." Lemon Zest confirmed.

"Then let's go," Spike said, as the group walked on with Spike thinking to himself, 'Maybe the girls are still the way I remember them deep down inside.' he hoped.