• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 14,579 Views, 421 Comments

Crystal Prep Cuties - Wildcard25



Spike Drake reunites with six of his childhood friends, only to see they've changed a lot since they were children

  • ...
20
 421
 14,579

The way of the 70s

After school, Spike, the cuties, Rara, and Coco were walking home while chatting it up, "I worked up a good sweat in Phys Ed today." Indigo began, until Sugarcoat replied.

"You work up a sweat all the time."

"Yeah. But this sweat was extra good." Indigo pumped a fist.

Twilight and Coco giggled at Indigo's enthusiasm, as Lemon spoke, "So, dudes. What do you think we should do now?"

"I vote for getting a drink somewhere." Rara suggested.

"Sounds good to me," Sour Sweet agreed, "What do you think, Spike?" She waited, but heard no word form him, "Spike?" the girls stopped and realized Spike wasn't with him.

"Spike?" Twilight called, until the group looked back seeing Spike stopped to look at a flier hanging in a window.

They walked over to him, as Sunny spoke, "What's with the hold up?"

"That." Spike pointed to the flier he was looking at.

The girls looked up at the flier, as Twilight read it, "Disco Night at the Electric Surge Club this weekend."

"Disco?" Coco wondered.

"I am so there." Spike said with a smile on his face.

"You?" Indigo asked in confusion.

"But aren't you a hip hop dancer?" Rara recalled.

"Yes. But disco is a guilty pleasure for me."

"Since when?" Lemon asked.

"Since my parents started listening to disco music around my house while growing up. It sort of got stuck with me," Spike's happy look suddenly grew, "Say, why don't we all go?"

"What?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah. All of us. We can all go to Disco Night together."

"You're serious?" Sugarcoat asked.

"You're damn right. We'll dress up like teens from the seventies dance the disco. Oh, it'll be glorious! What do you say, girls?" He suddenly saw most of them bore expression of disinterest.

"I'm kinda not much of a dancer." Twilight answered, while running a finger through her hair.

"Disco's cool and all, but I'm more of a rocker." Lemon added.

"I don't even know how to dance disco." Sunny said.

"Makes me feel nervous." Coco put in.

Spike looked in disbelief that the girls weren't interested in joining him. Knowing better that to force them, he sighed, "All right. If that's what you want."

"Sorry, Spike." Indigo said.

"It's no problem," Spike said, as he pulled out his cell, "I'll call Fleur. Maybe she'll be interested in joining."

Suddenly the six Cuties attention was stricken at the name Spike used, "What'd you say?" Sour Sweet asked with a faint growl.

"I said I'm sure Fleur would be interested in Disco Night. I mean you girls aren't." Spike was ready to call, until the girls slid in.

Indigo took his phone and spoke, "Whoa, Spike. Let's not be crazy here. Maybe we were a bit hasty with our answers."

"Yeah. I mean Disco's music, and music is music." Lemon admitted.

"I may not be much a dancer, but I've always been told a lot of things are worth trying." Twilight added.

"We'll even learn disco if we don't know how." Sunny put in.

"I may feel shy, but I'll be willing to try it." Coco added.

"Then you'll all come?" Spike asked with renewed hope.

"Of course we will." Sour Sweet answered.

"Oh, this is great! I'm gonna go home and see if my pop has something disco-like my size. Catch you girls later!" he took his phone back, and hurried off.

The girls sighed as Spike was out of sight, "If he called Fleur and she hears we passed up Spike's offer, that would make us look like we don't care or don't have what it takes to do disco." Twilight explained.

"And I'm not about to look like second rate to her." Indigo said.

"I remain neutral about this, but do you girls actually have any idea how we're going to get ready for this by the weekend?" Rara asked the group.

"Don't worry. My peeps got all sorts of music from the 70s." Lemon spoke up.

"And I know someone who can get us some 70s outfits for us." Coco put in.

"Great," Indigo began, "So what're we waiting for? Let's learn disco!"

"For Spike!" Sugarcoat added.

"For Spike!" the girls agreed, as they headed off.


At Lemon's house, the group waited around inside her garage, until the music girl came in carrying a box with a record player on top before setting down on a table, "I found this record player and records in my attic. Still look like they're in good shape."

They opened the box to reveal records of disco music, "You know these could probably sell for some cold hard cash." Sunny noted.

"First we use them. Then we'll decide if they're worth selling." Twilight reminded her.

"Yeah. So let's educate ourselves." Lemon said.

Rara was searching her phone, before finding a video, "Here's a video on disco dancing." she propped it up against something and clicked it so it was displaying the video on the wall like the phone was a projector.

They watched the video of someone who was going over the basics of how to disco dance, and when it got to practicing the girls got up and followed along. It wasn't as easy, as some of them while doing it in Lemon's garage since it wasn't as spacious.

"Sunny, you're too close!" Indigo argued.

"Maybe you should move faster!" Sunny argued back.

Their argument disrupted the others, and things almost escalated into an all out fight, until Twilight shouted, "Stop! Get a hold of yourselves, girls! I know this isn't all easy, but remember why we're doing this. For Spike!"

The girls remembering that calmed down, as Indigo spoke to Sunny, "Sorry about saying you were getting too close."

"Well, perhaps I was moving too fast." Sunny admitted, and the two embraced.

"Good. Now let's keep at this." Twilight said, as they resumed their practice.

After the video finished, Coco spoke, "Well, that wasn't so bad."

"Not at all." Rara agreed.

"Felt good." Sugarcoat added.

"Oh, dudes. We got the moves down. Now let's see how we use them with real music." Lemon said, as she grabbed a disco record and played it onto the record player. She put the needle on the record that started playing the music.

Using all the knowledge they gained from watching the dance video, the girls were able to properly disco dance to the music. And sure enough they were having fun with it. When the music ended, the girls ceased dancing and laughed in amusement.

"That was so much fun!" Lemon laughed.

"I had no idea disco dancing was so cool." Indigo added, as she sat down to rest her feet.

"We're definitely going to be swinging it now." Sunny said.

"And I feel more confident in dancing." Twilight put in.

"Well, we got our moves down. Now we need to look like we're from the 70s." Sugarcoat noted.

Sour Sweet turned to Coco, "You sure you know someone who can help us, Coco?"

"Of course. My friend Rarity who we met at a fashion show last year. I'll call her up and see if she has anything," Coco pulled out her phone and dialed, "Hello, Rarity? Listen I need you to do me a solid. Well, there's a Disco Night happening at the Electric Surge Club, and I was wondering if you had any 70s Disco outfits for my friends and I. What, really? That's great. Yes, we'll come right over. Good news, girls. Rarity has plenty of outfits from that age."

"That's a relief." Rara replied.

"She said we can come right over to her boutique."

"Well, what're we waiting for? Let's go!" Lemon cheered, as the group left her garage with Coco leading the way.


Later on, Coco brought the girls to a place called Carousel Boutique, "This is it. Come on." Coco said, as she let them inside. Upon opening the door the bell above rang signaling their enter.

A voice spoke to the group, "Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique, and magnifique."

They looked and saw a girl no older than them. Her hair was purple and elegantly curled. Her eyes were moderate azure and her lashes were long. Her outfit was a light blue fleecy shirt, a purple skirt with a symbol of three diamonds on it and a purple belt surrounding it, a golden yellow bracelet around her arms, fuzzy purple boots with fuzzier tops with a diamond on each boot, and a three diamond hair clip in her hair. Her rack size was an E-cup like Rara's, but looked firmer.

"Rarity!" Coco cheered, as she hugged the girl.

"Coco. So good to see you, darling," Rarity greeted her, before spotting the group, "And these must be your friends you told me about."

"That's right. Girls, this is Rarity. Rarity, this is Twilight Sparkle, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Sunny Flare, Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, and Coloratura, we call her Rara."

"Wonderful to meet you, girls. Coco says you're looking for disco outfits for a Disco Night?"

"That's right." Twilight confirmed.

"Well, girls, look no further. I have more outfits and costumes than more stores in town." Rarity wheeled over some clothes on hangers.

"Amazing." Twilight gasped at the quality of outfits.

"So detailed," Rara marveled, before speaking to Rarity, "You made these?"

"Of course."

"This is great. Surely we'll find something suitable to our tastes." Coco said with joy.

"Then let's get started!" Indigo pumped a fist.

And so the girls were each looking around trying to pick out 70s styled outfits to wear for Disco Night. Rarity offered assistance to the girls from offering them suggestions on what types of outfit best suited each of them.

After a long trial of picking out wardrobe choices, the girls had finally selected outfits to wear. The first to step out from a changing room was Twilight wearing black platform shoes, royal purple sparkling glittery bell-bottom pants, a silver long sleeved disco shirt with a large purple star on the back with five other smaller stars orbiting and another star behind the larger one. She decided to put her hair up in a ponytail with a purple scrunchie.

The next girl was Sour Sweet who wore 70s air step shoes colored moderate indigo leather heels shoes with red trim along all edges, and cool red leather tassels on the front of the shoes with leather soles and two inch heel. She also had on pale, light grayish gold flared pants, a disco shirt a navy blue background with white, yellow, mint green and sky blue, patterned paisleys print, polyester crepe, long sleeve print disco shirt with tapered body and button up front and two button cuffs, large pointed fold over collar and square hemline. Her hair was instead of a ponytail done up in two panda buns.

Coming out next was Sugarcoat wearing yoyos shoes with a black leather background, T strap style heels shoes with brown soles that have cool cut outs in the 3 inch heels with gold buckle closure. A Mini Skirt with a Light phthalo bluish gray background cotton polyester blend flat front, above the knee length tennis style skort shorts with three button closure along the left side hip and a hidden right side hip button with shorts underneath. Her top was a disco shirt with a white background stretchy nylon and polyester blend button cuff long sleeve button up front print disco shirt. Tiny checkerboard background with scattered flowers print in black, shades of blue and green, and a tapered fit. Fold over collar, no pockets and square hemline.. She had her hair out of their pig tails, and dangling from her ears were a pair of peace symbol earrings.

Sunny Flare came out wearing disco shoes that were silver metallic, 2.0 in stack heel sandals, having lacy woven uppers and narrow heel straps. Padded silver metallic insoles complete the shoe. She wore a maxi skirt colored dark blue, and her top was a disco shirt with a white background silky polyester button cuff long sleeve button up front mod print disco style shirt. Busy bold dot print in several sizes and shades of blue, with a tapered fit. Fold over collar, no pockets and square hemline. Around the collar tied was a light turquoise gray acetate scarf with rolled hems.

Lemon Zest came out wearing green gogo boots, with inside zipper, 3 inch heel and rounded toe, boots measure 17 inches from sole to top of boot . She also had on pink background polyester cotton blend Girl Scout shorts with button and zippered front closure, two front patch pockets and standard size belt loops. A green, sequined, sleeveless, pullover stretchy, nylon cocktail shirt with round neckline, plain green back with zipper closure at back neck and rib knit waistband. On her head she still wore her headphones.

Indigo came out next wearing dark blue leather platform shoes, dark conflower blue and moderate cerulean small checkered print background polyester slight flared knit pants with elastic waistband, no pockets, no belt loops and slight 20 inch flares. A moderate arctic blue background acrylic button cuff long sleeve pullover half placket button four button pullover print disco shirt. Large fold over collar, no pockets and square hemline. On her middle finger was a ring of the peace symbol.

Coco came out after wearing sandal shoes that were white, 1. 50 in, wedge sandals, having a back heel strap and wrap extensions. The instep has a trio of straps, with wood beads adding eye interest, using pumpkin orange, harvest gold, grass green, and lake blue. Her outfit also included a bright red background, blue, green and white plaid patterned, satin lined wool mid length skirt. Flared with a banded waist with back button and zip closure. A red with white polka dot print background polyester scarf-like material button cuff long sleeve button up front print disco shirt with detachable white with red polka dot scarf, tapered torso. Large fold over collar, no pockets and square hemline. In her hair she wore a barrette with the symbol of a flower in it.

Finally Rara stepped out of the changing room wearing black vinyl gogo boots, purple bell bottom pants, and a dark indigo colored disco shirt decorated in blue musical note designs. She had her hair done up in a ponytail.

The eight girls stood together doing disco poses, while Rarity fanned herself, "You girls look absolutely stunning."

"You think so?" Twilight asked.

"I know so. If I didn't know any better I'd say you've time traveled from the 70s to this time."

"That would be so cool." Lemon said with intense interest.

"So how much do we owe you for these?" Sunny asked Rarity.

"No charge, dear. This one's on me."

"Seriously?" Sugarcoat asked.

"Seriously. After all helping out friends is what I'm all about." Rarity explained, while holding Coco close.

"Thank you so much, Rarity." Coco smiled.

"My pleasure, darling."

As the girls kept admiring their 70s styled looks, Twilight thought to herself, 'I sure hope Spike will like how we look. Although I wonder how he'll look?'

Author's Note:

There you have it, guys. Don't miss next time where it's Disco night and the group of friends boogey the night away. I've used Rarity here, and I may eventually use the other Human Mane 5 plus Sunset Shimmer. I don't intend on making my own version of the Friendship Games, but regardless it'll be a great read. See you all next time.