• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 14,565 Views, 421 Comments

Crystal Prep Cuties - Wildcard25



Spike Drake reunites with six of his childhood friends, only to see they've changed a lot since they were children

  • ...
20
 421
 14,565

Fight for a Cause

Later that day after Spike stormed out of Crystal Prep, school let out for the day and the Cuties and their friends had to get to the bottom of what happened to their friend. They were on their way to Principal Cinch's office, until Cadence stopped them, "Hold it, everyone."

"Dean Cadence, please." Twilight pleaded her to move.

"We have to see Principal Cinch." Sunny explained.

"I already know why, but it won't matter." Cadence answered.

"Then you know why Spike is expelled?" Rara asked.

"I do. And I also find it outrageous."

"Can't you do anything about it?" Lemon asked.

"Yeah. You're Principal Cinch's number two woman after all." Indigo reminded her.

"I honestly wish I could, but once her mind is made up she won't take it back."

The group knew that much about Cinch, but that didn't quell their anger, "But we can't just let her expel our friend." Coco said.

"Coco's right. Spike was trying to help." Trend added.

"And you can help him by being there for him." Cadence advised them.

"She's right. We better go see how he's holding up." Fleur said, as they hurried off leaving Cadence worried, until she put on a brave face and left herself.


As the group was running to Spike's place, Twilight was checking her phone as Sour asked her, "Anything, Twilight?"

"Nothing. He's not answering his phone." she answered.

"That's not surprising." Sugarcoat said.

"Let's just hope he went home and not elsewhere." Fancy said.

"Oui, otherwise we'll have to search the whole city." Fleur added.

"That would take forever." Lemon put in.

"Let's just start by checking out Spike's place," Twilight began, "If he's not there then we check out all his favorite spots we know."

"Sounds like a logical plan to me." Sugarcoat agreed.

The group finally arrived on Spike's block. They ran up the stairs and rang the doorbell. Answering it was Bianca who looked at them, "Oh, thank goodness you're all here." she said in relief.

"Hi, Mrs. Drake. Is Spike here?" Rara asked hopefully.

"Yes. I've never seen my boy so sad in his life."

"We want you to know it wasn't his fault." Sunny explained.

"I believe you, girls. Spike would never pick a fight unless he was forced to."

"Can we see him?" Trend asked.

"Of course. But take it easy with him, he's really emotional now." she warned them.

"We understand." Twilight replied, as they went inside.

They walked to Spike's room, and Twilight knocked on the door, "Spike? Spike, you in there?"

When they received no response, Sour spoke, "Spike, we're coming in!"

They opened the door to see Spike lying down on his bed with his pillow over his face, "Spike?" Fancy asked.

"Sweetie, it's us." Fleur said.

"I'd like to be alone, thank you." Spike said in a muffled voice from his pillow.

"Well, we can't let ya be alone at a time like this." Indigo said, as she sat on his bed.

Spike lifted his head up from under his pillow to reveal his eyes were red from his earlier crying. Rara spoke, "Spike, we know you didn't do anything wrong."

"Tell that to the principal. Not that she'd even listen." Spike grumbled.

"I don't care if she is the principal. She had no right to expel you over something so trivial that doesn't even concern her." Twilight said getting angry.

"There has to be something we can do." Coco said hopefully.

"What can we do?" Lemon asked, "You heard Dean Cadence. Trying to convince Cinch is pointless."

"Well, we can't just let her win like this." Indigo said.

"Indigo's right," Sunny agreed, "Today was Spike, but who knows who she'll expel next for another petty reason as long as she's principal."

"Agreed," Twilight nodded, "If we can't change her mind, then we'll rise up against her."

"Like a protest?" Fancy asked.

"Exactly." Twilight confirmed.

"Oh, yeah, dude!" Lemon cheered.

"Now that sounds like a plan." Sugarcoat commended.

"Girls, that's too risky," Spike warned them, "You may get expelled yourselves."

"It's a risk we have to take." Rara said.

"Rara's right. If we can't do anything for our friends then we can't call ourselves human beings." Trend put in.

"Even if we did, us alone wouldn't be enough to convince her." Spike reminded them.

"Then we need to call in back up." Sour smirked, as the girls, Trend, and Fancy pulled out their phones.

They each started sending a mass text message out to all their closest companions at school letting them know the situation. After getting massive replies, Twilight spoke to Spike, "Good news, Spike. The entire student body is on board with our plan."

Spike looked at the group in disbelief, "Seriously?"

"Serious as a heart attack, man." Lemon nodded while smirking.

"And it's not just the student body, but their parents who've also attended Crystal Prep." Sunny added, while crossing her arms.

"And we've agreed to hold the emergency meeting tonight at my place." Fleur added.

"So you see, my boy. There's always hope." Fancy smiled.

Spike looked around at his friends feeling his spirit revive from their dedication to help him. He finally smiled, and spoke, "Thank you, guys. I really appreciate it."

"We know." Twilight smiled back.

"Come on. We got work to do." Spike said, as he got up and grabbed his jacket.


Later that night at Fleur's place, the ballroom was packed with the entire student body and their families. Spike looked at everyone in the crowd while he stood close to his friends by the stage. Fleur walked up with a mic and spoke into it, "Testing. Can everyone hear me? Good," Fleur began, seeing she had everyone's attention, "Now we all know why we're here, yes?"

"Yeah!" the students called.

"We're here because Abacus Cinch has made life at Crystal Prep Academy for all of us, and pardon my words... A living hellhole!" Fleur declared.

"Yeah!" the student body cheered again.

Fleur stepped aside, as Twilight and Spike took the stage. They saw their families giving them an A-O.K sign. Twilight took the mic and spoke, "For as long as we've been students, Principal Cinch has threatened, blackmailed, and bribed us with something we love or desired in order to bend us to her will."

One student spoke up, "She threatened to remove me from the football team if I didn't make the winning goal at last game! The pressure was really on me even if it paid off."

"She bribed me with a month worth of hall passes if I didn't tell anyone she rigged the faculty of the month award," another student stated, as the group gasped, "It was too tempting to pass up."

Twilight spoke, "She even blackmailed me into participating in the Friendship Games last year with one of the other schools. She said if I did she'd give a letter of recommendation for me to the Everton Independent Study Program. Our school won, and she didn't give it because we won only by a bit. But I didn't care after that. I learned all this wasn't worth being alone in some study program."

Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, and Indigo Zap smiled knowing how right she was. Spike took the mic from Twilight and spoke, "But the biggest blow she could ever make happened today. As I'm sure you're all aware of the latest video trending was of me fighting against a gang of three juveniles. Cinch unfortunately saw it and has expelled me from Crystal Prep fearing my being there will drag it's reputation down in the mud. She saw only what she wanted to see a juvenile punk picking fights with more juveniles. But what do you all see?"

Shining Armor looked at the video and spoke, "I see a brave guy defending his friends. One of which happens to be my little sister from a bunch of punks."

"Precisely," Spike nodded, "Would any of you have done anything different if you were in my shoes and the safety of your friends or family was one the line? Maybe in your own different ways, but nevertheless we all have the same idea. But it doesn't matter to Cinch. Though why should it? Cinch has no family nor friends. All she has it co-workers who bow and kiss ass because she can just as easily let them go too. Is this really how you all want to spend the rest of your high school life in fear and intimidated by a woman who only wants to turn every student into a replica of her?!"

"No!" they called.

"I didn't think so!" Spike shook his head, "She may be Principal, but that doesn't give her the right to tell us what we can and can't do on our own time. Alone we don't stand a chance, but together we just might have a chance. So come on! Who's with me in wanting to cleanse Crystal Prep of it's corruption and make it fun and educational like it was during the days of our parents and grandparents?!"

"YEAH!" the students and adults cheered.

"One more time!" Spike shouted.

"YEAH!" they cheered again.

Spike looked back seeing his friends smiling and him, with Lemon giving him a thumb's up. The boy continued to look on into the crowd seeing everyone rallied together with a common cause. And they would make sure they would see this through until the end.


The very next morning at Crystal Prep Academy, it was nearly time for first period but the halls and classrooms were quiet. It was like a ghost town, which made Cinch feel uncomfortable as she roamed the halls seeing no sign of a single student from any year. She finally happened upon Dean Cadence and spoke, "Dean Cadence, what's going on here? Where are my students?"

"I have no idea, Principal Cinch." Cadence answered feeling just as confused.

Cinch groaned, "If no student shows up I'm going to have a long discussion with all of their parents at the next assembly."

Dean Cadence heard her phone ring and she checked it seeing a message from Twilight and spoke, "Uh, Principal Cinch. You may want to go outside."

"Why?" Cinch crossed her arms.

"Better see for yourself." Cadence replied.

Cinch curiously walked out the front entry and saw coming up upon the gates of Crystal Prep was the entire student body with their parents holding protest signs, and chanting repetitively, "Go Home, Cinch! You're a Grinch!"

Cinch was flabbergasted at what was happening, until she approached them, "What is going on here?!" she demanded.

Spike walked out from the crowd and spoke, "The students of Crystal Prep and the Alumni are finally standing up for what they believe in. What you tried to drill out of their heads and replace with your selfish beliefs!"

"Mr. Drake, you are not welcomed here anymore. I expelled you." Cinch reminded him.

"I know, and see what your act has caused." Spike motioned all around him.

"Spike was a great student and a friend!" Coco called.

"He made coming to this school worth it because he brought fun to it." Trend added.

"He helped us remember who we used to be, until you mind-molded us into clones of yourself." Indigo put in.

"He's brought out the best in each and every one of us," Fancy noted, "Even to those who never paid him any mind."

"Expelling him now is like taking away the true heart of what Crystal Prep truly is." Fleur said.

"We remember when this school was fun and taught us the importance of teamwork and bond building." Johnathan Drake stated.

"But now you've turned it into a prison where a students only concern is oneself." Bianca Drake added.

"And we're no longer going to sit back and let you corrupt the young and innocent." Night Light said, as they all stood together and continued their protesting, while Cinch remained her ground showing no sign of taking back Spike's punishment.


An hour passed, and the students and parents were still marching around declaring their protest which got the attention of several pedestrians who joined in their cause. It was also a matter of time before this protest reached the media, and soon a news crew was outside the school filming the whole thing.

Standing before the crowd was a news reporter with long red hair, and wore a beige pantsuit. She held up the mic and spoke while facing the camera, "This is Media Scoop of PBC News coming to you live from Crystal Prep Academy, where a protest has been launched against the school Principal Abacus Cinch. The protesters are composed of every student here at the school including their families who were once students at this institution as well. And their cause is unjust punishment to one of their fellow classmates," she began, as Spike was brought over, "And here is the student himself, Spike Drake. Mr. Drake, you are responsible for rallying your fellow students and the alumni together?"

"Yes, but it was a team effort." Spike admitted.

"And just what are you being punished for that's so unjustly?" the reporter inquired.

"I was expelled for helping my friends." he stated.

"I see. Could you please tell us why?"

"Well, I'm sure you and everyone else know of the latest trending video online," Spike began, "That was me in the video taking down those three punks. I can't say I'm proud I did, but they were asking for it. And the reason why is because they were willing to hurt my friends."

"And is that group of lovely young ladies behind you those friends?" Media asked.

"Yes. Twilight Sparkle, Sour Sweet, Sunny Flare, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Coco Pommel, Rara, and Fleur de Lis," he introduced them, as the girls waved to the camera, "As I was saying, I was defending them from those jerks who were willing to hurt them. But our principal only saw me as a juvenile no better than those three jerks and felt if I were to remain a student at Crystal Prep I would tarnish its reputation. I was merely helping my friends. Fighting is not something I do on a daily basis. But she doesn't care. Her only concern is her own reputation and not the schools. Let me tell all of you at home, is it wrong to wanna help your friends? I should hope not. Should you fight for their rights? Yes, but not with your fists. I only did it because I was dealing with low life punks with tapioca for brains. And this also raised a personal question. If Cinch was willing to expel me for helping my friends, who will she expel next for whatever biased reason? Helping the elderly cross the street? Rescuing a trapped pet? Donating to Charity? The possibilities are endless. Does anyone really want to send their children to a school where a principal's only concern is herself with no regards to her students? That's not the kind of school I'd wish on anyone. Thank you."

Media Scoop looked back at the camera and spoke, "True words have been spoken by a student with a mind wise beyond his years," She started walking over to Cinch, "But let's see what the principal herself has to say. Abacus Cinch, you expelled Spike from Crystal Prep Academy, right?"

"Yes, I did." she answered.

"Do you believe it was the right choice?"

"Like there was any other option?" she asked rhetorically, "I did it because Spike's behavior would only spread to the minds of his fellow classmates and they would start behaving worse than him. And that does not do the school's reputation well." Cinch received boos in the background by the protesters.

"And what do you make of Spike Drake's claims. Would you be willing to expel a student for doing such acts such as he listed?"

"I beg your pardon? I would never conduct such punishment for such acts." Cinch denied.

"Liar!" many protesters shouted.

"My sole concern has always been and will always be the welfare of this prestigious academy and its students." Cinch told the reporter.

"Oh, you were concerned all right," one student spoke up, "Concerned with yourself when you threatened to remove me from the football team if we lost last weeks game!"

"Or the time you blackmailed me into joining the Friendship Games!" Twilight added.

"That's enough!" Cinch called out, while trying to keep a straight face for the camera.

"You know I actually agree," came a voice, as everyone saw Dean Cadence and Ms. Chrysalis walk outside. Chrysalis continued, "You've been bullying our students and intimidating them far too long."

"Chrysalis, mind your tongue." Cinch seethed.

"No. For a long time I've done nothing but hold my tongue and watch you pass judgment on students with nothing but biased judgment. But no more," she went to Spike's side, "I'm sticking by my students side, starting with Spike Drake!" she held him very close to her side.

Spike whispered up to her, "My parents are right behind you."

Chrysalis looked seeing Spike's parents crossing their arms and giving her questionable looks. She smiled sheepishly, and spoke, "Your son is quite the model student in my class." Spike rolled his eyes.

"If you're going against me, Chrysalis, then you can consider yourself fired." Cinch warned her.

"Wow! Threatening to fire a teacher just because she doesn't agree with you?" Spike asked while raising a brow. He turned to Media Scoop and the cameras, "Is this really someone who can be trusted with such a position? Abusing it for her own benefits?"

Cinch frowned at Spike before turning to Cadence, "Dean Cadence, you'll always have my back won't you?" she smirked expecting her to follow her without question.

Cadence frowned and was about to speak, until Twilight spoke up, "Don't you dare bring her into your affairs! And you know what, if you're expelling Spike then I'm dropping out of this school!" Twilight declared.

"What?!" Cinch gasped, as sweat started dripping down her forehead, "But, Twilight, you're my prized student!"

"Get another prized student." Twilight replied.

"If Twilight's dropping out then so am I." Lemon agreed.

"Me too." Sour added.

"Me three." Sugarcoat put in.

And soon all the students started voicing their willing to drop out of Crystal Prep, which was really getting to Cinch. Media Scoop spoke to the camera, "And in a shocking turn of events, we're now facing a massive student drop out in support of one of their own. Is this dedication or what?"

Spike smiled seeing everyone have his back and felt they were going to win this one, until a new voice spoke up, "What is going on here?!"

Everyone turned and saw stepping out from a car was a tall woman with brilliant amber eyes, her hair was a Gradient of brilliant raspberry to moderate cobalt blue. She was wearing a very pale vermillion suit. The sight of this woman had just about everyone in shock, "Oh, boy. We may be in for it." Twilight feared.

"Who is she?" Spike asked.

"That's the superintendent." his mom whispered.

Principal Cinch spoke up, "Superintendent Amore, what brings you here this afternoon?" Cinch was both relieved and nervous at the sight of her superior.

"I was happily enjoying my time at home when all of a sudden I see this breaking news interrupt my show and I see the school on TV. And a protest happening here?" Amore asked sternly.

"I assure you, Superintendent I have everything under control." Cinch assured her hoping she would believe her.

"Do you now?" Amore asked skeptically, "Because all I see is the entire student body threatening to drop out. Can you explain this?"

"It's that boy, Superintendent Amore. He's caused this scandal turning everyone against me and the school." Cinch accused Spike.

"Why you..." Spike took a few stomps forward, only for his parents to hold him back.

"So this is Spike Drake from the video trending?" Amore crossed her arms, making Spike nervous.

"It is indeed," Cinch confirmed, "I was doing the right thing by expelling him before his behavior spread to the rest of the students."

Amore turned to Cinch and spoke, "You really think he's that much of a juvenile?"

"Yes, Superintendent." she said kissing up.

"Because I don't see that." Amore replied.

The group of protesters were taken aback, but not as much as Cinch, "Excuse me?" she asked.

"I don't see a juvenile delinquent. I see a boy willing to risk it all to protect his friends even against common hoodlums. How can you ask I see that? Because I was there."

"You what?" Cinch asked in disbelief.

"You were?" Rara asked.

Amore nodded, "I was out that day enjoying a nice stroll through the park. Then I heard a commotion and I looked and saw this young man and these young ladies here getting ganged up on by those three punks. But this brave boy was willing to fight them for the sake of protecting his friends and fellow classmates. I knew they were students of Crystal Prep because I remembered them from the student files Dean Cadence has been giving me. Files which you've been neglecting to update me upon." she squinted at Cinch.

"Cadence?" Cinch gasped.

"That's right. You withheld most information about the school's progress and its students fearing it would reflect badly on you, but I always made sure she knew everything." Cadence explained while smirking.

"Cadence." Twilight gasped seeing she did do something after all.

"She's also been informing me of your other unjust punishments to the other students. I can't believe you would stoop so low to the point of blackmailing and bribery to students."

"If you knew then why haven't you said anything before?" Cinch wondered.

"While being the principal you are permitted to run the school as you see fit, but I had to make sure these were the only things you were committing as they could be overlooked if they were to cease. But after this latest case of expelling someone who was defending his friends and not on school grounds I could no longer sit back and let you continue to run this school like a dictator," Amore stated, "And what I learned about you turning a sacred tradition like the Friendship Games from an event meant to bring two schools together to make friends and have fun into nothing but a competition just to see which school is the best. I would've thought you'd carry on that tradition when I left the seat of principal to you, but from all this evidence it's clear you care nothing for the welfare of the school or any of its students."

"I like her." Spike whispered to the girls who felt the same.

"Superintendent Amore, please see reason I was only trying to..." Cinch was cut off by Amore.

"Nothing you say at this point can justify what you've done, Cinch. And with all the evidence supplied to me by Dean Cadence I hereby terminate you from your position as Principal."

"Come again?" Cinch asked hoping that didn't mean what she thought it did.

"You're fired, Abacus." Amore replied bluntly.

The protesters oohed at what Amore said, while Cinch was outraged, "Fired, but you can't..."

"Don't even think you can get the school board on your side in this matter either," Amore held up her smartphone, "I've also been keeping them updated on what Dean Cadence has been sharing with me. And it was a unanimous decision. You Abacus Cinch, are hereby fired from this school for abuse of power and authority and unjust treatment of the students. And you are no longer welcomed to any of Crystal Prep's functions ever again. You have exactly ten minutes to clear out your office and leave the premises. And since this scene is the talk of the media I don't think any other school around here or elsewhere will ever accept you to teach anything."

"But..." Cinch pleaded, until Spike spoke up.

"Hey, Abacus!" everyone turned to Spike who tapped his wrist watch twice, "Tic Toc!"

Cinch couldn't believe her own words were used against her by the student she had expelled. She looked all around seeing everyone frowning and glaring at her, giving her the hint no one was going to help her now or ever. Cinch seeing no way to get out of this hung her head down in defeat and walked in a slump fashion to the school to clean out her office.

Amore took a breath of fresh air, "That was riveting," the students and parents cheered in victory, as the superintendent continued, "But it looks like this school needs a new principal. One who is just and fair. And with that I nominate Cadence."

"Me?" Cadence gasped in surprise.

"Yes. You've shown true dedication to the students and this school. Better than Abacus ever did in her life. Do you accept the position?" Amore inquired.

Cadence looked over as Shining Armor, Spike, Twilight, and the others we beckoning her to take it. She smiled and answered Amore, "Superintendent Amore, I accept the job."

"Well, congratulations and good luck." the two ladies embraced like old friends.

Cadence turned to everyone who applauded for her, and spoke, "As your new Principal of Crystal Prep, my first act is to un-expel Spike Drake. Spike, you may return to school here. If you still want to attend, that is."

Spike pretended to think on it, "Let's see. No more Cinch. A responsible Principal. All my friends are here since I know they won't be dropping out now... I'm here for the rest of my high school life!" the students cheered.

"Then you'll need this." Cadence held up Spike's backpack with all his books.

Spike was shocked to see all of it, "But how did?"

"I took these with me before the garbage was taken out. Just in case." Cadence winked.

"Thank you." Spike said, as he accepted his backpack, and his parents congratulated him with his friends.

Cadence continued on, "And in light of the recent events. As a school treat. I declare a free day for a celebration here at Crystal Prep's gymnasium!"

"Yeah!" the students cheered and whistled in victory.

Media Scoop who made sure the camera was capturing everyone in the background spoke to all those who had been watching the news, "And there you have it, folks. The end results of what happens when friends, family, faculty, and students come together to fight for a just cause against injustice in a school such as this. This is Media Scoop signing off."