• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 14,579 Views, 421 Comments

Crystal Prep Cuties - Wildcard25



Spike Drake reunites with six of his childhood friends, only to see they've changed a lot since they were children

  • ...
20
 421
 14,579

The Rich Cutie

At Crystal Prep one afternoon, Spike was on his way to another class, until he was stopped by Dean Cadence.

"Spike, a moment if you please?" she requested.

Spike not disrespecting an order from Principal Cinch's second in command walked over, "What's going on, Dean Cadence?"

"It has been some time since you started attending Crystal Prep, and as Dean of students I want to make sure you're doing well."

"Oh, well, you got nothing to worry about, ma'am. I'm doing fine."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've made quite a number of friends thus far. And I feel like I'm starting to be accepted by the student body," he spotted Jet Set and Uppercrust walking by, "Hey, you two. How's it going?"

The two students looked at him before sticking their heads up high like upper class snobs, making Spike feel awkward. Cadence waited for a reaction from him, until he spoke, "Ok, not everybody. But it's a work in progress."

"I'm pleased to hear this, but remember if you ever need anyone to talk to my door is always open." Cadence said.

"I appreciate it, Dean Cadence. Oh, I gotta hurry or I'll be late for class." Spike took off, as Cadence watched him leave.


Spike entered class being history and took a seat next to Sunny Flare, "Hey, Sunny."

"Hi, Spike."

"You ready for class?"

"As always. You?" she asked.

"More or less." he admitted.

"Hey, don't worry about it. It'll go by like that." Sunny snapped her fingers.

"True."

"So, Spike, I was wondering if you'd like to join me after school today?"

"Oh. Is there something you'd like me to join you for?"

"Well, I'm going on a shopping spree at the mall, and I would like some company with me."

"You're asking me instead of the girls?"

"I just want to spend some time with you. I mean, you and I haven't had any real down time since you started."

"Hm, true."

"So about my offer?"

"Consider it a date." he answered.

Sunny smiled, "Thank you."

Soon the teacher arrived, and class begun with Spike and Sunny paying attention like the other students.


After school, Spike and Sunny were walking into the mall. As they walked Sunny was strutting as if she were a lady of high nobility, while Spike followed her looking almost like she was leading him.

"So where's stop one?" Spike asked.

"Right here." Sunny said, as they stopped in front of a clothing store.

'Saw this coming.' Spike thought with a chuckle.

The two went inside, as Sunny automatically began looking at outfits she deemed right for her. Anything she thought was right she handed it off to Spike to hold onto.

Spike was holding onto so much he looked like his legs were going to cave. He groaned to her, "Is this really why you wanted me to join you today?"

"Don't feel like you're being used, Spike. This isn't just for me. It's for you as well."

"Me?"

"Of course. I think you could also use a little wardrobe upgrade."

Spike pondered, "Well, I have been needing some new threads as of late."

"And with me around I know exactly what would suit you."

"Well, then let's look." Spike said, as Sunny started picking out possible outfit choices for her friend.

After they got enough clothing they went to the changing areas trying on various clothes and getting each others honest opinion. Soon after multiple outfit choices they were down to their last ones.

Sunny came out wearing purple boots, a pink skirt with purple frills at the bottom, and a purple shirt that showed off some cleavage.

Spike stepped out of his own changing room wearing black boots, black pants, a purple short sleeved shirt with a green dragon face on front, and over it was a no sleeved black dusted with a split going down the tail in back.

The two looked at each other in astonishment, as Spike spoke, "Sunny, you look cute."

"And you look hot," Sunny answered, while looking on the verge of salivating. But she kept her cool, "But that's my opinion. Do you like it personally?"

Spike looked himself over, "I have to say this is a new style. I think I could get used to it."

"Then we'll take it, as well as my own." Sunny said with a smile.

After paying for their new outfits, they decided to wear them the rest of the day so not to wear their school uniforms all day.


They went into another shop where Sunny was trying perfume samples, "Mm. This lemon oak scent is really my kind of aroma."

She noticed Spike was looking at some cologne and trying to determine what would be most fitting, "Find anything you like personally?" she asked.

"Well, I am looking, but there's one that I happen to like. Smell this Cedar wood." Spike showed her the bottle.

She took a whiff of it, "Wow. Now that's a good smell. Spray that and I may be all over you."

"Is that a promise?" Spike asked with a bright smile.

"Oh, Spike." Sunny giggled as she playfully flicked him in the forehead.

Spike chuckled as he rubbed the spot she flicked, and thought, 'Now this is the Sunny I remember compared to how she's behaved around some of the students.'

He recalled how some of the students in school would make way for her in school as if she were royalty or something. And some of the lesser students she would act like a daddy's little rich girl while brushing off any of their advances.


Later on they were at a coffee shop, with Sunny having some tea, and Spike drinking a cappuccino.

"Overall not a bad day." Sunny admitted.

"Yeah. This shopping spree turned out to be relaxing for both of us." Spike added.

"And now you have a new outfit to wear on the weekend."

"I know. Can't wait to see what my parents will think of it."

"Hopefully your mom won't let you not leave the house wearing it." Sunny joked.

"The only way she wouldn't let me leave the house is if I was walking outside wearing a t-shirt that says 'Seduce me, please' on it." Spike joked back and the two laughed.

"If there was one thing I missed about you when you left it was your funny sense of humor." Sunny said.

"Thanks. Wish more of the other students appreciated it." Spike sighed.

"Still working it out with some of the students?"

"More or less."

"Well, keep in mind. Not everyone at Crystal Prep will want to be your friend."

"I figured. I just wish I knew why."

"They have their reasons."

"I'll bet." Spike rolled his eyes.

"But in all seriousness, Spike. I'm glad you joined me today. Hanging out with you here at the mall has been one of my best days ever."

"Really? Even more than with the others?" he teased.

"It's a tough call." she admitted.

"I know. But I'm glad I got to spend the day with you, Sunny. After all I got to see you in something really beautiful today."

Sunny felt flustered and looked away, "Don't say things so casually."

"I mean it. I mean even when we were kids I always thought you looked pretty." he blushed.

Sunny couldn't help but smile, "I know. I remember when you first called me pretty. I felt so happy."

"And the others girls got jealous." Spike chuckled.

"Yeah. It was funny." Sunny giggled.

"But I calmed them down when I said they were pretty too." Spike added.

"Yes. But they have to live with the fact that you said I was pretty first."

The two chuckled, as they continued to enjoy their drinks while enjoying each others company.


Later on as evening was arriving, Sunny Flare walked up her house porch followed by Spike carrying six bags on each arm.

"We're here." Sunny said.

"Finally." Spike panted as he dropped his arms and took off most of the bags save for one containing his uniform, cologne, and other stuff he got at the mall, "I still don't know why you had me carry the bags."

"Because if you didn't, then it wouldn't be very gentleman of you. Now would it?" she smirked.

Spike sighed, "Whatever you say."

Sunny smiled, "Still I appreciate you doing this for me. And I want to thank you once again for making this one of the best days ever," she went over to Spike, "Goodnight." she kissed his cheek.

Spike gasped, but started to smile as Sunny took her bags inside the house. The boy felt his cheek, "Pretty awesome girl that Sunny Flare." he headed off carrying his own bag.

Inside Sunny's house, the girl came into her bedroom wearing a bathrobe and sat down on her bed, while glancing over at an old picture of her, the girls, and Spike as kids. She smiled at the pic of Spike and blew a kiss to it.

Author's Note:

There you go. Been awhile but I haven't forgotten this. I consider Sunny Flare the hardest to write about even with her vague description. Well next is Sci-Twilight, and then the real stuff can begin.