• Published 5th Jan 2016
  • 2,886 Views, 91 Comments

The Living Candy Corn - Dark Nightshade



One of Twilight's spells messed up and turned a piece of candy corn into a mare.

  • ...
10
 91
 2,886

How is this possible?!?!

"What is this spell going to do?" Fluttershy asked nervously. She had been at Twilight's house for awhile, helping her with some spells and Twilight was wondering what they did, which was strange, because Twilight knew every spell.

"I'm not sure. That's why I'm trying these out. Again, are you sure that you're ok with me practicing these on you? I could reactivate Flutterbat, or turn you into a succubus or some other kind of sex demon," Twilight said.

"Yes, I'm sure. That's just a risk that I'm going to have to take, ok?" Fluttershy said.

"Ok, If you insist. Hopefully none of these spells destroy the castle. Well, here goes!" Twilight said nervously. She casted the spell and nothing seemed to happen.

"Seriously? It was a dud?!" Twilight sighed. "Well, lets take a break. Want some food? I think I have some candy corn from Nightmare Night."

"Sure," Fluttershy responded. Twilight got said candy corn out and put them in a bowl and put it on the counter. Fluttershy picked one up and popped it into her mouth, and immediately spit it out.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked.

"Ugh, I think it's spoiled. It doesn't taste right," Fluttershy said.

"Really? Dang it! In that case, I better throw these out," Twilight said.

"I'll do it," Fluttershy said.

"Really? You know you don't have to, right?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, but I was the one that spat it out. I can't make you do that!" Fluttershy said.

"Ok, I can't argue with that logic," Twilight said.

Wow, Twilight gave in rather easily. She must be tired, Fluttershy reasoned. She picked up the slightly saliva covered candy corn piece, and was about to throw that and the rest of them away when the one she almost ate started to smoke and shake.

"Um, Twilight? I think I know what that spell did!" Fluttershy said nervously.

"Really? What?" Twilight said, starting to come over, but at that moment, there was a bright flash of light, the candy corn piece became really heavy, and Fluttershy and Twilight were knocked out.


About an hour later, Fluttershy woke up.

"Ugh, what happened?" she asked aloud. There was a squeak, and she heard someone small moving. She opened her eyes in time to see a small white and orange hoof disappear behind the counter.

"Who's there?" she asked, starting to get nervous. There was some more squeaking and movement, and then a head appeared around the corner of the counter. Fluttershy's jaw dropped. The person was female, and had ears the same color as candy corn (they were even striped!) Her eyes were some kind of stunning blue, and had short, wavy hair. It was mostly yellow, but had some orange streaks in it.

"W-who are you?" Fluttershy asked. The mare opened and closed her mouth a few times before she finale responded.

"I'm not sure. Where am I? And are you my mommy?" she asked. Fluttershy's hair stood on end.

"Your mommy? You think I'm your mommy?" Fluttershy asked.

"So you aren't?" the mare asked.

"I didn't say that. So, do you remember anything?" Fluttershy asked.

"No," the mare said.

"Not even a name?" Fluttershy asked. The mare shook her head. Just then, Twilight started to groan. The mare's head disappeared behind the counter.

"Fluttershy! Are you ok?" Twilight suddenly popped up yelling.

"Woah, I'm ok, and right here. Don't yell," Fluttershy said.

"Ok, good. Wait, what about the candy corn?" Twilight asked.

"Um, she's behind the counter. You can come out now!" Fluttershy called.

"What?" Twilight started to say when the mare poked her head around the corner. Twilight's jaw dropped.

"What?! How?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"What do you mean, candy corn?" the mare asked.

"She can speak?" Twilight gasped.

"She can also understand you perfectly," the mare asked.

"Do you have a name?" Twilight asked.

"No. What's a name?" the mare asked.

"We have to figure out exactly how that spell works," Twilight said to Fluttershy.

"Yeah, we do. Um, you can come out from behind the counter now," Fluttershy said to the mare. The mare stepped out and they got their first view of her body. She was a Pegasus, and didn't have a cutie mark. The bottom of her hooves were white, but above that they were orange.

"Do you think I could have some of your DNA?" Twilight asked suddenly.

"My.... what?" the mare asked, confused.

"Your DNA. Some of your skin," Twilight said. The mare paled.

"It doesn't have to be skin, it can be something like your saliva," Fluttershy said, not wanting to freak the mare out.

"Oh, ok," she said. "Do you have something that would safely hold it?"

"Yeah, give me a second to find it," Twilight said. She exited the room in search of something to hold saliva.

"So, do I need a name?" the mare asked.

"Yes," Fluttershy said.

"How about.... Candy Burn!" the mare said.

"Candy Burn?" Fluttershy asked.

"What about a candy burn?" Twilight asked, walking in with a petri dish for the saliva.

"That's name that she chose for herself," Fluttershy said.

"Really? Interesting choice. Anyway, can you please spit into this so I can analyze your DNA?" Twilight asked.

"Sure," Candy Burn said, spitting into the petri dish.