• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 1,686 Views, 47 Comments

MLP: Eternal Dream - kurusagi16



All was quiet in Ponyville, until a new (and somehow familiar) mare befriends Fluttershy. But there seems to be more to her, and she doesn't seem to like Fluttershy's other friends. All she wants is Fluttershy, but why?

  • ...
2
 47
 1,686

Chapter 3

Chapter 3



Over the past few days, Dream Catcher had attempted to get closer to Fluttershy, much to Discord's displeasure. Just who did that mare think she was? It was infuriating to watch them as they laughed and acted as though they'd been friends for years. But for now, that didn't matter. Because it was time for their regular Tuesday Teas, where he and Fluttershy could gossip and have all the time together without any interruptions. He materialized and knocked on the door of the cottage. He enjoyed the thought of him and his dear friend enjoying each others company. Expecting to see Fluttershy with her usual sweet smile. Instead, he was shocked to find Dream Catcher opening the door, both looked at each other, a tension rising between them. He narrowed his red and yellow eyes on her.

"What are you doing here?!" he asked. His voice so loud that it frightened off a few birds. Fluttershy stepped into the doorway.

"I invited her." said Fluttershy simply. Discord looked at her incredulously.

"What on earth for?!" he asked.

"I thought it would be nice to have Dream Catcher over for tea with us, and so that the two of you can get along better." Discord couldn't believe his ears. This had to be some kind of joke!

"You've got to be kidding! You invited somepony, a stranger, and didn't think to tell me, or ask me about it?!"

"I wrote you a letter, didn't you get it?" asked Fluttershy. Discord thought for a moment. His cottage in Chaosville was a bit...hard to reach. It was likely that his letter was lost in the mail, and or was still in the process of being delivered to his home. He needed to launch a complaint with the postal service sometime. He turned back to Fluttershy.

"Please Discord." Fluttershy pleaded. "Just this once." Discord let out a frustrated sigh. It was bad enough before when he had to compete with that white hairball Angel Bunny, but now there was this pony! Defiling the sanctity of their Tuesday Teas. Looking at Fluttershy and her pleading face however made him give in.

"Very well. But only this once." he said, stressing the word. Fluttershy gave him one of her adorable smiles and welcomed him inside her home. Discord fell back onto the green sofa that was his usual spot for his visits, taking up most of the space.

"Um, Discord, do you mind scooching over a little so Dream Catcher can sit?" Fluttershy asked kindly, a nervous smile on her face, not wanting to offend him.

"I have a better idea." he said, snapping his eagle claw. Another chair appeared, with a flash of light, Dream Catcher was sitting in it. Discord's arm grew long as it moved Dream Catcher and the chair a few feet away from him and Fluttershy.

"There, that's more like it!" said Discord. He smiled smugly at Dream Catcher who didn't look to pleased with what he did.

"I'll go and fetch us some tea and cakes." said Fluttershy, heading into the kitchen. Dream Catcher moved her chair closer, and glowered at Discord.

"I see that you like to play games." she said coldly. Discord gave a devilish smile.

"I have my moments." he said.

"In that case," Dream Catcher said, leaning in near Discord's face, "bring it on." Fluttershy returned with a full tea tray.

"Are you two both comfortable enough?" she asked.

"Oh, we're just fine my dear, no need to worry about us." said Discord.Dream Catcher nodded in agreement.

"Yes, now have a seat so we can try your tasty looking tea cakes." she said. Fluttershy obliged, setting the tray between the three of them. Dream Catcher took a tea cake a popped it into her mouth.

"Delicious!" she said with a smile. "You're an excellent cook Fluttershy.

"I don't think I'm that good. Pinkie Pie is a much better cook than me, and Applejack too." said Fluttershy modestly.

"Don't be so modest Fluttershy," said Discord. "You're just as good as them." Fluttershy blushed and looked away. Dream Catcher butted in and said, "Why don't I pour you some tea." She took the teapot and poured out the right amount of tea, adding two lumps of sugar a drop of cream. Fluttershy took a sip of the brew.

"This tastes exactly like the way my mother used to brew it." said Fluttershy surprised. She looked at Dream Catcher. "How did you know?"

"Just a lucky guess I suppose." Dream Catcher smiled nervously. Discord frowned at the pony as he stirred his tea with his talon. He felt a fiery feeling rage silently inside him, just like from the gala. 'No! I'm not doing that again!' he scolded himself. Since that night, he'd told himself to not over react like that for the sake of his friendship with Fluttershy. Instead, he kept the growing feeling to himself, staring daggers into Dream Catcher.

"Why don't we talk about something else my dear." said Discord, wanting to turn the conversation around to his favor.

"Alright, then," she said. "You two wouldn't guess what I had to do the other day."


The tea party went on with Fluttershy talking about her animal friends, and what had happened lately in Ponyville (which wasn't much). Dream Catcher listened intently, speaking up now and then to share her own opinion.

"I can't believe you let that little bunny do all that! No offense, but I think you've spoiled him rotten."

"Finally, something we agree on." said Discord.

"I suppose I might've spoiled him a little, but he's a sweet and cute little dear, it's hard not to refuse him." said Fluttershy thinking about her beloved Angel.

"You shouldn't let him take advantage of you like that." said Dream Catcher. "You need to teach him that he can't always have things his way."

"I guess you're right." said Fluttershy.

"Of course I am, would I steer you wrong?" The two laughed together, making Discord feel a touch left out. He subtly snapped his claws, emptying the teapot.

"Oh Fluttershy, it seems we've run out of tea. Do you mind making some more?" he said, his voice smooth as he spoke.

"Alright, I'll be right back." she said, heading back into the kitchen. Once she was out of sight and ear shot, Discord turned to Dream Catcher.

"Listen here pony." he seethed. "I don't know what it is you're after, but Fluttershy is mine, and I won't let you interfere with our friendship."

"I could say the same to you." said Dream Catcher. "I don't know what it is she sees in you, but rest assured, it won't stand between me and my friend. I am her only friend, and no pony else." Discord leaned back a bit. This pony was not only rude and inconsiderate, she was crazy! And not the good kind of crazy either.

"Just who in Equestria are you?" he asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know." said Dream Catcher, sneering at him. Fluttershy reentered the room, her guests acting as though nothing had happened between them. To Fluttershy, they were getting along quite well, and were beginning to bond.

"The tea should be ready in a few minutes," she announced to them.

"Splendid!" said Discord. Fluttershy enjoyed the rest of the Tuesday Tea, completely unaware of the heated tension between her friends, each one volleying for her attention and friendship. At the end of it, she saw them out of the cottage and said her farewells. She sighed happily, and begun to clean up after her guests. Her little animals began to come out, a few of which were looking for crumbs to eat.

"That was a wonderful tea party. And Discord behaved himself so well!" she said. "I just knew that those two would get along." Angel Bunny hopped out, rolling his eyes.

"Come on Angel, those two just needed to break the ice. Whatever uneasy feelings they have, I'm sure they'll blow over in no time." Angel Bunny still wasn't swayed by this. The little bouncer hoped that whatever happened next wouldn't cause any grief for him or his owner.


Dream Catcher looked around, making sure that no pony had followed her. She wanted to be doubly sure that that Discord character wasn't lurking about. She'd journeyed deep into the Everfree forest, and had to hurry home before her absence was noticed. The queen would be on her back if she happened to suspect or noticed that she'd been slacking off a bit in her duties. But she was getting closer to Fluttershy, it wouldn't be long before she took action, and would finally have her all to herself. The tall trees formed a dark canopy above her, hiding her from sight above should the princess choose to fly overhead during the day, or somepony else for that matter. She stopped in front of a thicket of shadows and smiled to herself.

"Home sweet home." she said, melting into the shadows, becoming one with them.


Discord materialized into his cottage in Chaosville in a white flash. His arms folded and a scowl on his face.

"The nerve of that...that Dream Catcher! Thinking she can get rid of me. Me! The master of chaos, and the powerful and chaotic being in Equestria, or anywhere else for that matter." He paced around on the ceiling, talking to himself all the while.

"I mean, it's one thing when I try to defend my friendship, but she's just some deluded stranger. What makes her think she deserves Fluttershy all to herself?!" He stroked his long, white goatee.

"No matter, I won't let her get to me. She'll be forgotten in no time, once I'm through with her." he smirked. "Let's see how much Fluttershy likes her new friend when she sees her true colors." He giggled with glee as a plot formed in his head. "This is going to be good."

Author's Note:

Thing's are getting interesting. What are these two obsessive friends planning?