• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,479 Views, 19 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum - TheDarkMare16



Batmare dropped the dangerous Mane-iac in Arkham Asylum but Mane-iac set Batmare up and unleashed a set of surprises for our Dark Mare. Batmare must find Mane-iac in and out of the enormous asylum before Mane-iac wins by unleashing voracious beasts.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,479

Chapter 18: Descent into Madness

After seeing that Cash and Kellerman are safe, I exit out of the Observation Room to head towards back to the Sanatorium. As expected, another purple and green box is laid out in the middle of the hallway. As I expect another joke, I didn’t expect of what is coming out of the box as the teeth and small gas sprang when it burst open.

A Blackgate thug, but this thug is entirely different than the others. This one is a griffon, and he looks sinister. He is wearing a muzzle over his beak and he is wielding two butcher knives at his talons. He is wearing a dark red prison jumpsuit with locks at the armbands and abdomen.

I charged at him to strike him but he blocks the attack with his knives. He lunged at me, slashing his knives at me but I dodged every single slash. As soon as he is finished, I used my cape to stun him, then I strike him three times and a Ground Takedown to finish him off. I have a feeling that I will encounter more of these higher class thugs later on. I continue to gallop until I reach the Upper Corridor’s entrance to enter the Sanatorium.

“I’ve got ringside seats for the big event, Bon-Bon’s bringing the popcorn, and I can’t wait!” Mane-iac announced excitedly. As I entered in the Sanatorium, I spotted the doctors I’d just saved earlier when I first entered the Sanatorium, tending the thugs I’ve taken out earlier. Sara noticed me and asked.

“Did you find them, are they okay?” Sara asked.

“Yes, they’re safe now,” I replied. I saw the door opened and saw Cash and Evergreen entering the room.

“Batmare, we’ve got another problem,” Cash said.

“I need to get back to the Mansion; all my research notes are there. We can’t risk Mane-iac getting her hooves on them,” Spring said.

“It’s not safe, Doctor. The island is a war zone, you won’t stand a chance,” I replied.

“It’s my life’s work! You really don’t have the authority to-“

“I’ll get her there, Batmare. If you ask me, it’s about time for a little payback,” Cash volunteered, interrupting Evergreen’s rant.

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. “I don’t like it, but-“, the blaring alarm of the elevator drowned out our conversation, alarming us.

“Who called the elevator?” I asked sharply.

“It wasn’t us, it’s coming from the lower floor,” Sara replied.

I looked around the room and know that Mane-iac has sent more of the lowlifes to scour the Sanatorium. “Cash, take Doctor Evergreen! Get her notes and find somewhere safe to hold up! Everypony else, go to the Observation Room, barricade yourselves!” I ordered. Everypony agreed and they gone to their separate destinations, leaving me.

As soon as the staff is gone, I grappled to a gargoyle nearby the elevator and spotted three thugs leaving the elevator. All of them are Pegasi and they are armed.

“The boss said she’s in here somewhere! Spread out,” the leading thug barked. The three thugs went to their separate ways while two are watching each other’s back. I observed the thugs to check for any of them are isolated.

I saw that the two inmates are at the lower level of the Sanatorium while one is at the railing watching over. I jumped off the vantage point and landed behind him without as much as a pin drop.

“I hate hospitals, always gives me the creeps,” the thug commented to himself. He didn’t expect my hooves wrapped around his neck and nose. He struggled, only tightening my grip until his muffled screaming renders to a slumber.

I looked down at the railing from the upper level and saw that the two thugs are isolated. One is walking up the ramp, giving me the perfect opportunity to get in behind him. I punched his back and wrapped his neck and muzzle as he is flailing his front legs helplessly. His panicked shouting is muffled until he is silent.

I used my Detective Vision and spotted that the last thug is beside the examination room above me. I grappled up and crouched behind the unsuspecting thug. As he is about to climb a ladder to observe the walkways, I kicked his legs and wrapped his face until his screams of terror are muffled. Without any effort, the room is safe.

I grappled up to a gargoyle and glided to the elevator. As I expected, the elevator has three of those faux blabbermouths chattering incessantly. I destroyed them and I entered the elevator, a dare to see what twisted trap the deranged clown has conjured up for me. I entered the elevator and the doors closed. The elevator moved down and the monitor in front of me switched on to her.

“Too easy, think about it. I’ve got you trapped in a little metal box, hanging precariously over a deadly drop. Let’s say we blow the emergency brakes and drop you like a sack of puppies?” Mane-iac commented eagerly. I know her game at her so-called threat.

“Say good-night, Bats,” Mane-iac said sinisterly. I am getting tired of her games and her bad jokes.

“Boom, only kidding, got a few more surprises in store for you; prepare to face your fears, all of them!” Mane-iac added and laughed manically before switching off. The Arkham Logo is tainted with her face on it is the standby for “Mane-iac TV”.

What I didn’t expect after her announcement is I started to cough. Whatever is happening to me, I spotted a little distortion in the air, meaning that the air brake gas is leaking! I need to get out and save my breath before I choke. I waited for whatever awaits me at the lower level until the elevator comes to a complete stop.