• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,476 Views, 19 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum - TheDarkMare16



Batmare dropped the dangerous Mane-iac in Arkham Asylum but Mane-iac set Batmare up and unleashed a set of surprises for our Dark Mare. Batmare must find Mane-iac in and out of the enormous asylum before Mane-iac wins by unleashing voracious beasts.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,476

Chapter 3: Welcome to the Madhouse!

Chapter 3: Welcome to the Madhouse!

The Mane-iac is walking alongside with the guard and her psychiatrist. She looked around the Holding Cells, seemingly scanning the room. She looks at the surveillance cameras and television screens for anything abnormal. Suddenly, she stumbled and fell on all fours. This caught the guard’s attention. Perfect.

“Get up, come on, get up,” the guard ordered. The Mane-iac snarled at him and then, chaos erupts. She stood up and wrapped her hoof cuff chains around the guard’s neck, strangling him. It happened so fast and so unexpected that the guard didn’t have a chance to defend himself. The doctor noticed it and tried to calm her down, but the maniacal clown continues to suffocate the poor guard.

Shining and I noticed it and it alarmed us. “Mane-iac’s free! Alert the Warden!” I ordered. Shining nodded and tried to communicate with the Warden about this sudden outbreak.

“Hurry, we’re losing him, doc!” Mane-iac joked maniacally. Mane-iac continued to strangle him until he is still; ignoring the doctor’s constant pleading. She released and dropped the dead guard and twisted the poor doctor’s neck with her elongated mane. I angrily watched the horror show as I continued to break the glass window to stop, but always, casualties form when the Mane-iac is present.

Mane-iac danced towards the dead guard and looked into his lifeless eyes. “The choke’s on you,” she said sinisterly. She danced randomly and sung a tune. She turned to a television screen, pointing at it. That could only mean one thing.

“Tada, Honey, I’m home,” Mane-iac said to the screen. The mare behind the screen is delighted to see her beloved broke free from her bonds so easily and effortlessly.

“Come on in,” the mare said dreamily. She pulled a card and slid it on a scanner to cancel the Holding Cell’s barrier, leading it towards a corridor.

Finally, I broke through the glass and landed after the Mane-iac ran up the ramp, standing on her hind legs and outstretching her fore hooves.

“Welcome to the madhouse, Batmare, I set a trap and you sprang it gloriously!” Mane-iac announced joyously.

I looked side to side and saw that the cells holding the Blackgate inmates are open and the dangerous convicts are liberated. They turned their hateful gaze at me, wanting to kill me for the many imprisonments and unforgettable beatdowns I gave them before. I am more than enough for these lowlife thugs.

“Now, let’s get this party started,” Mane-iac said and ran up in another control room across the room. I readied myself for these thugs. Three of them readied themselves and look haughty that they can bring me down; arrogant as always.

“Tonight, mares and gentlecolts, we will give you the annual fight between Bats and my useless thugs! I bet you never seen a fight this amazing at Mane-iac Asylum, it’ll be a blast,” Mane-iac announced on the microphone.

One thug charged at me to throw a punch, I effortlessly countered it by pushing his hoof aside and punched his chest three times before hitting him with an overhead punch, sending him to the ground. I’ve been training at a remote training ground for seven years, mastery over every form of martial arts.

With my agility, I jumped to another thug to kick him to the head then I punched the third one on the sides, all of them on the ground. But I know that’s not enough to knock them out, so I jumped to the second one I hit on the chest and punched him in the face, hard. A Ground Takedown I named it; two thugs to go. I performed a flip and bucked a thug hard in the face, sending him flying towards an unopened cell with the electrical barrier, containing an anxious thug, wanting to beat me down. The barrier shocked him, instantly knocking him out; one more to go. The first thug was already in battle stance, he landed a punch on me but I countered it by punching him the throat, picked him up, and finished him off by pummeling him in the stomach, sending him to ground hard and fast. Easy as pie.

“I was just warming you up, Bats! Fresh off from Blackgate Correctional Facility, with a combined sentence of 752 years, ding ding ding ding, it’s Round 2!” Mane-iac announced, releasing four more thugs. They ran out of their cells to take me down, but I was born ready.

Like always, a Pegasus flew at me to land one on me, but I countered him by punching him in the face, crotch, and the face again with my back turned. I jumped to another one and kicked him hard, performed an overhead punch on a griffon thug and punched the fourth one square on the chest. The second thug was flying so far and high, he flew over the railing into the depths below, his screams becoming distant the further down he go.

I performed a Ground Takedown on the first thug I brought down, the griffon thought he could hit me on my blind spot but I grabbed his hand, threw him over my shoulder, but that’s not it. I still grasped his claw, his arm outstretched. I punched his forearm hard, breaking it. He screamed in pain, clutching the broken arm before fainting. I jumped to the last thug, flinching before I hit him. Figures, the last one are always cowardly; I finished him by throwing him over the railing, finishing him. Once again, his screams became faint when he is farther down into the depths below.

“Sorry Bats, love to stay but I’ve got a party to form and ponies to slay,” Mane-iac said before I finished off the last two thugs. She ran down the corridor and turned right. The fight was effortless, yet it’s not over, not by a long shot. I turned to Commissioner Armor, who was watching the entire fight, Frank Boles in with him, guarding him.

“The Mane-iac had the security is overrun. We’re trapped in here,” he said. I turned to the television screen that he is using to talk to me.

“I’ll find a way. Shining, alert the Warden, let him know what happened, I’ll be back,” I replied back. I saw that the television switched to the Mane-iac, running down the hallway, she looked up at the camera that was pointing at her, talking to me.

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Bats! I’m in control of the asylum, I don’t want you to go anywhere and I don’t want you to. Do you understand?” she asked darkly. I narrowed my eyes in anger.

“If you think I’ll you let you run-“

“Blah blah blah, always with the hero speak, oh, I’m getting bored already of watching you. Why won’t you just come and find me?” Mane-iac interrupted and asked. The electrical gate that was still activated when Mane-iac ran deactivated, daring me to follow her and to witness of what horrors she committed already.

“You know it’s a trap,” Shining Armor warned. I looked back at the TV that switched back to him.

“Of course, it is,” I replied darkly.

Author's Note:

And here's another chapter to the story! :twilightblush: