• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,477 Views, 19 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum - TheDarkMare16



Batmare dropped the dangerous Mane-iac in Arkham Asylum but Mane-iac set Batmare up and unleashed a set of surprises for our Dark Mare. Batmare must find Mane-iac in and out of the enormous asylum before Mane-iac wins by unleashing voracious beasts.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,477

Chapter 25: Breaking in the Mansion

I opened the door leading in the Arkham Mansion to find Dr. Evergreen and the formula before the Mane-iac does. I entered in the Mansion Entrance Hall, where there is a wide doorway but no doors. There is an electrical security gate in front of me. Beyond the gate is a statue of the Warden on a pedestal with two small stairways leading farther into the Mansion. The entrance is decorated with the Arkham logo on the wall and on the floor. Unfortunately, the security gate is activated and there are two Blackgate scumbags behind it.

"Well, look who it is," an Earth pony thug said in a sarcastic tone.

"The Big Bad Bat, come on, come and get us," the second one added. The Pegasus thug turned and raised his flank in the air and shook it mockingly. I shook my in slight annoyance of these buffoons.

"Oh, look at her, she's stuck out there, don't you have a cat to rescue from a tree or something?" the first thug asked.

"Yeah, go on out, we're in control of here, Mane-iac will finish you off," the second one added. Knowing it'll waste a little time, I simply gave them silence and turned back around to head back outside. I know there is another way in the Mansion, so I have to go up.

Back outside, I grappled up to the concrete platform where I took out the last two snipers earlier and spotted a grate that'll lead in the Mansion above the security gate and the idiotic dolts. I pulled out my Batclaw and the claw grabbed the grate and pulled it. I climbed in the vent. I dropped down in a small space with stacks of paper cluttered amongst the walls. I opened the door that leads back in the Mansion.

I'm back in the Mansion Entrance Hall. I'm on a carpet ledge, high above the the thugs, now counting three of them, one unicorn levitating a machine gun. On the far end of the hall, there is a ventilation duct that can lead me further in the Mansion. I looked over the thugs and listening to their conversation.

"Yeah, I can't believe Batmare just left!" a thug exclaimed.

"Yeah, stinking coward limped off, can't feel it in her legs," another one commented teasingly.

"Tried to get past the security gates and couldn't do it," the third one added.

"Too bad, I would've got the chance to rip her head off!" one commented.

I glided off the platform and headed towards the unicorn with the gun. I kicked him in the face with my hind legs, sending him towards the ground in a great daze. My landing made the other two thugs backed away slightly from the glide attack. Now taking the chance and time, I immediately took out the gunner with a Ground Takedown and countered the second thug's punch by throwing away his front hoof, sweeping him off of his legs with my right front hoof and punched him in the gut to pin him down. I continued my attack by kicking the third thug and took him out with another Ground Takedown. The last thug stood up from his beating but I threw a batarang at him, knocking him down again and I lept in the air to knock him out with a Ground Takedown.

After finishing the thugs, I galloped to the bottom of the small staircase and found a grate. I pulled the grate off and crawled in the vent. Like I expected, I found another Riddler trophy. I crawled back out of the vent and grappled up to the top of a ventilation duct system at the far end of the hall, back up in the ceiling.

"So, you found it at last, what have you been doing with your time?" Trixie asked.

I looked up at the ceiling and spotted another grate. I used the Batclaw to pull out the grate and grappled up through the duct. In a small space that has fuse and breaker boxes, I spotted a weak wall that can be accessed further in the Mansion. I pulled out the Explosive Gel and sprayed it on the wall. I pressed the detonator and the wall exploded in a cloud of rubble and dust.

In front of me, there is another ventilation system in the bottom right and in front of me is another cryptic trapezoidal stone with the inscriptions around the beetle, another Chronicle of Arkham. I used the Environmental Anaylsis to decrypt the message.

My family's killer stood in front of me. Years of therapy have deemed him sane, I was proud to see him walk freely. In exchange for his liberty, the state required only a signature. He talked about wanting to walk in the park, how he longed to feel fresh air on his face. Then he took my father's fountain pen and killed my secretary. As he was subdued, he screamed out pleading for forgiveness, for pity...but I had none. I watched as the guards beat him to a stain on the floor.

Taking note of the message that Amadeus allowed the guards to kill the killer for his failure of redemption, I continue to crawl in the ventilation duct and dropped out of the duct in the Main Hall. Back on top, I spotted several Blackgate convicts throwing, ripping, looking, and observing through the gathered books, paper, data, all sorts of printed paper to search for what I know is the formula for the Mane-iac.

The Main Hall has the statue of Amadeus Arkham in the center of the two miniature stairs leading to two small monitoring buildings that watch two doors at the end of the hall. A small office space is spotted below me, with the crumpled up and messy and unorganized paper that was haphazardly and unceremoniously thrown away and about by the convicts.

Speaking of Mane-iac, the intercom chimed in, in its normal tune.

"Mane-iac here with a little update for you: First the good news is, we have Dr. Evergreen. Bad news is...she's not talking. She must have her documents somewhere in the Mansion, I want it found. I got a plan or six of loosening her tongue but take time, search every cook and granny, there's a prize for whoever finds them."

I counted ten convicts, an easy match. I glided off the deck and kicked the observer in the back of the head, all Earth ponies. I continued my assault by hitting the second thug with a roundhouse and the third one the same. I kneed the fourth thug in the face and hit the sixth one with a cartwheel kick. I countered the seventh thug's punch by sweeping him off of his legs and hitting him in the stomach. I hit the eighth thug with an axe kick and I grabbed the ninth thug's right front leg, throwing him over the side and punched the knee and hoove connection bone, breaking his leg. One down, nine to go.

I hit the tenth with a butterfly kick and the eighth with a roundhouse. I knocked down the fifth with an overhead punch and countered the second's punch but grabbed his right hind leg, kicked him in the groin and kneed him in the face. I pinned down the third by a straightforward punch in the gut. I grabbed the fourth and threw him away.

Author's Note:

I need a favor: can someone can be so kind to revise and edit the past chapters. If anyone is familiar and rememberance of the Arkham Asylum video game, can recognize the intercom and Riddler dialogue? If you can, please help me with it. Mane-iac is purple, Trixie is green, the Chronicles of Arkham is gray, Batmare's thoughts is dark blue, Dr. Evergreen is orange, and Killer Croc is red.

Please help with the revising, anyone? And plus, how can you allow editors to see your story to help modify your story, please.

P.S. I'm so sorry for the long wait but Arkham Asylum is back and it will be complete by nearing the end of January!

Comments ( 6 )

OH MY GOD!!!! Two years since my last updation!!! :pinkiegasp:
I am so unbelievably sorry for not updating. So caught up at college and personal issues and my laptop was on the fritz! Here's what is going to happen:

1. I am going to revise the story, I looked over it and saw that it's very short and I need to add more dialogue to make the story more interesting. It is influenced from the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum and I noticed that I can add some more dialogue like Batmare's thoughts and Mane-iac's taunts.

2. I'm going to brainstorm some more ideas to make this story more fun and starting off the Batmare: Arkham universe.

3. What do you guys think who is going to be Batmare: Rainbow Dash or Twilight Sparkle? I used Twilight Sparkle initially but I realized that she could be a good Two-Face for the sequel. But to be honest, what do you guys think who will be a better Batmare: Dash or Sparkle?

4. Pinkie Pie will become the new Harley Quinn in the story. Like Harleen Quinzel, Pinkamena Diane Pie.

Well, that's all folks. I'll be able to post the revised story as soon as I get the finals over with. Once again, I deeply apologize for my lack of absence. :raritydespair:

8127434
Dash should be Batmare.

keep twilight as you have already established her as batmare i think rainbow would be a better two-face as for pinkie being harley-quin i disagree she would be a better joker. also i see rarity as poison ivy or catwoman and if you keep twilight as batmare spike would make a perfect robin/nightwing and i like that you made flurry heart/skyla oracle keep her in that role

1.) HI GUYS!!!! I AM NOT D-E-A-D!!! Words cannot express how deeply sorry am I for leaving you guys such a broken and incomplete story. I was so focused on band, work, classes, and college stuff (never paying tuition, full-ride, so YAY!!!) that I lost my reminder on updating this story! So, once again, from the bottom of my heart, I deeply apologized.

2.) I will be deleting this story and be re-uploading an updated, better, and more tense-filled version of my story. I will be adding more dialogue, better character choices, better grammar, better pacing, pretty much better everything. So, here's how it go down.

A. I will be writing and preparing the script for the story, nothing worse than writing a story that has no planning or script whatsoever and just making it up as you go along.

B. I will do a better character selection and it'll be an adaption of the Batman: Arkham series. So, here's what I got so far. Question marks at end will be either decided by me or by you lovely bastards.

Twilight Sparke: Bruce Wayne/Batman
Shining Armor: Commissioner James Gordon
Cranky Doodle Doo: Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze
Mane-iac or Pinkie Pie or Discord: Joker?
Pinkie Pie: Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn
Trixie Lulamoon: Eddie Nashton/Riddler
Garble: Waylon Jones/Killer Croc
Mayor Mare: Quincy Sharp
Princess Celestia or Princess Luna: Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Doctor Horse or Doctor Whooves: Hugo Strange
Rarity: Selena Kyle/Catwoman
Fluttershy: Pamela Isly/ Poison Ivy
Prince Blueblood: Victor Zsasz
Starswirl the Bearded or Granny Smith: Alfred Pennyworth
Flurry Heart: Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (formerly)/Oracle
Applejack or Rainbow Dash: Aaron Cash?
Rainbow Dash: Dick Grayson/Nightwing
Spike: Tim Drake/Robin
Starlight Glimmer: Jason Todd
Zecora: Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow
King Sombra or Princess Celestia: Ra's al Ghul
Princess Luna: Talia al Ghul

C. I will be doing the script from both the Batman Arkham Series gameplays and the comics from the series. I will try to keep the characters from being too OOC so it'll won't be a Batman Arkham story with My Little Pony characters with the Batman names. (Zecora's rhyming).

D. I will upload it as soon as I finish with the script and the planning of how my Batmare: Arkham series are going down. Once again, my undecided ones and multiple choice character selections will either be up to me or to you guys. Thank you all for your patience fonearly three years of my absence and I will get started as I should be! As of now, Keep Calm and

BE THE BATMARE!!!!

P.S. I also need an editor to help me editing some mistakes and grammatical errors whenever I post a chapter along. I will do my best to keep from sectioning the story off little piece by little piece but also keeping it from becoming waaaayyyy too long. I really need an editor. I will deeply appreciate it! ;)

I still hard to believe twilight as batmare cause she a book pony

Login or register to comment