• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,473 Views, 19 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum - TheDarkMare16



Batmare dropped the dangerous Mane-iac in Arkham Asylum but Mane-iac set Batmare up and unleashed a set of surprises for our Dark Mare. Batmare must find Mane-iac in and out of the enormous asylum before Mane-iac wins by unleashing voracious beasts.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,473

Chapter 9: Silent Predator

After hearing of the update for her crew that I’m coming, I peered through the grate at the end of the shaft, a Unicorn levitating a gun from the now deceased Arkham guard. The moment his back is turn to patrol the Lobby, I opened the grate quietly and slid it to the side. I crept to the unsuspecting pony and performed a Silent Takedown, making his hooves flail helplessly until he renders to a deep sleep.

I spotted another pony watching from the bridge leading to the control room. I crept up the walkway towards him without any noise. I punched his back and rendered him unconscious silently. After dropping him, I grappled to a vantage point and notice one more thug is accounted for. After scanning the room to check for more, I glided in the air and kick the thug that is watching the lift that is still on the lower level of the entrance of the Intensive Treatment. I performed a Ground Takedown but I kept my vigilance. This is too easy to take out three armed thugs. My thoughts were answered:

“Do you really think that it’s going to be that easy, Bats? I’ve sent a few more of my boys your way. Let’s see how you can deal with these odds,” Mane-iac asked and called out. She laughed after saying that she sent more henchponies along the way. I spotted three more coming from the entrance. Two griffons and one Unicorn.

“Mane-iac wants her found, spread out!” the Unicorn ordered.

“She could be anywhere!” one protested.

“Then keep your eyes open, now move!” the leader barked back and the three armed criminals, now vigilant than the last three, scouting the area.

I glided to one of the bridges leading to the control room and saw a griffon climbing up and running, not knowing I am hiding on the corner. I threw my batarang at him, knocking him down. I got up from my hiding position and performed a Ground Takedown. I looked around the area with my Detective Vision to spot the two henchponies, looking for one completely isolated. I glided to one watching from the stairs, scaring him.

Before he could even shout out my presence, I head-butted him, turned him around and grabbed his head and throat, knocking him out silently. I grappled to a vantage point and saw the last armed threat scouting the scanning tunnel. As soon as he is exiting from the tunnel, I glide kick him and performed a Ground Takedown, finishing this off.

“Ugh, they were just like family, how could you! I think I’m going to cry!” Mane-iac exclaimed and cried mockingly until it renders to a full laughter. See that, she never cares for anypony, not even her crew. She’ll laugh if they’re knocked out or dead, if they’re knocked out, she’ll kill them later. She hates disappointment from others.

I shook my head in annoyance and galloped to the control room. Inside, I spotted another Patient Interview film reel on a table besides the control panel that accesses the doors leading to the Cell Block Corridor, probably another for Sweetie Drops. I played it:

“Patient Interview Number 1,” Sweetie Drops announced.

“So, I’m your first, am I, toots? You know what they say, ‘You’ll never forget your first time’. I’ll try to make it, memorable for you,” the gruff female voice replied. Obviously, this is Sweetie Drops first time interviewing with Mane-iac.

“Oh, you already have. So tell me, why you do the things you do?” Sweetie replied and asked innocently.

“Why do you think I do it?” Mane-iac asked.

“Fame, notoriety, a desire to stand out from the crowd, a wicked sense of humor,” Sweetie replied.

“Oh, you’re good! How did you figure me out, doc? I had doctors poking at me about for years and no pony was astute, and if you don’t mind me saying, beautiful as you,” Mane-iac lied in a flirtatious manner, sickening me more.

“Really? Ah, you’re just playing with me,” Sweetie asked hopefully but reassured herself.

“Well, you never know, will you? Unless…” Mane-iac added.

“Unless what? Tell me!” Sweetie asked curiously. The reel ended, ending that gullible conversation.

I reached to the entrance and saw lockers and pillars being lit on fire, several henchponies dead. They appeared to be shot by either the defending Arkham guards or one of Mane-iac’s top henchponies. Alongside, the guards that killed the Blackgate inmates are lying with them in a pool of crimson blood. Obviously, I spotted several blabbermouths chattering about, meaning that Mane-iac and Bon-Bon were here but what I saw shocked me even more.

On the gurney, I spotted a pony with his mouth agape, fear in his eyes. Green paint crudely drawn into a smile. A sign that has a transparent pony skeleton has these words written: DEAD END. He is tied on the gurney that it was for Mane-iac hours ago. The pony is the one that betrayed the Arkham guard and killed them, trying to gain more ill-gotten money from Mane-iac. The alcohol trail ends here at the entrance. The dead pony’s name? Officer Frank Boles.

“Mane-iac must've know that I'm following the trail. Officer Bole’s trail stops here.”