• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,477 Views, 19 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum - TheDarkMare16



Batmare dropped the dangerous Mane-iac in Arkham Asylum but Mane-iac set Batmare up and unleashed a set of surprises for our Dark Mare. Batmare must find Mane-iac in and out of the enormous asylum before Mane-iac wins by unleashing voracious beasts.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,477

Chapter 21: Iron Will

After walking down from the control room to the bottom of the Chamber, I open the door and the mist hissed out. In the room, I ignored the multiple monitors and computers on the table beside me. I continue to look straight and was shocked to see what’s in the Chamber. Shining Armor walks in and aims to the computer. He types in the log in.

“It wants Dr. Evergreen’s login,” he said.

“Never mind, that, get behind me, now!” I ordered. Shining looked at my direction and was shocked to see what is in front of us.

The thing that was in the Chamber is a Minotaur. This Minotaur has an extreme malnutrition with his ribs showing through his navy blue coat. His horns are cracked with the many experiments through him. Multiple surgical and diagnostic tubes were connected to a large storage tank on his back. Large gauntlets and chains wrapped around his arms and legs for security purposes. He wears ragged pants with a large metallic belt but what’s most notifying is the iron-clad mask covering his face except his eyes and mouth showing.

I know this Minotaur and I will never forget this one. No name, no birth certificate, almost as ambiguous as the Mane-iac. He is one of my most physically challenging nemeses I had ever encountered in my career. Four years ago, he broke my back, leaving me a paraplegic for a few moments but was defeated before he revealed my identity, thanks to the stuff that he used for trying to kill me.

“Iron Will,” I whispered. The feeble Minotaur is barely conscious and his reply is a groan.

“I thought he broke out of Blackgate!” Shining exclaimed. The Minotaur opened his mouth with severe hoarseness with a slight Spanish accent.

“Cut…me…down,” Iron Will pleaded weakly.

“Who did this to you?” I asked. I was a little surprised to see that one of the strongest enemies has been captured and been drained dry like a lab rat.

“Dr. Evergreen…the bruja…she drained the Venom from my blood. Must…stop…her,” he replied hoarsely. The Venom was the drug he used to gain height, speed, agility, and strength but it costed him his intelligence, mentality and resources and it reduced him to a brute. Without the Venom, he’ll be extremely scrawny and feeble out of the withdrawal from the addictive drug. As expected, the monitor switched on the clown.

“Sorry, Has Will, the good doctor won’t be a problem much longer. How did you like my puppet? What’s say we cut him down,” Mane-iac said. She got a remote and pressed the button and the worst happened.

After the button is pressed, the alarm went off and the entire chamber went red. We looked at the Minotaur, screaming in agony when the green liquid drug is pumping through the tubes into his bloodstream and storage tank. He twitched in pain as the Venom is coursing through his veins as his skinny arms grew five times their size with bulging muscles. His painful screams turn into an enraging roar. His normal brown eyes flared into a bright green with his bloodshot sclera.

“Shining, run!” I shouted. Shining immediately galloped out of the room and into the control room. I looked at Iron Will, gaining strength and height as the Venom continues to pump until his bulky body is freed from the bonds of the tubes. I galloped out of the chamber and protected myself from the red smoke from the transformation. Next, thundering. I saw Iron Will, charging towards me, completely towering over me. He is now at 9’2 feet tall, 425 pounds of muscle, with staggering speed. He threw two punches at me but I dodged it. I threw a right-cross at his jaw but it had no effect, only making him more livid.

He roared furiously and grabbed me, lifting me overhead. As I thought that he is going to break me, he threw me to a wall of the Chamber and into the Boiler Room. The rocks, brick and mortar crashed into the Boiler Room. I stood up to reassure myself, preparing myself to fight this brute.

“Play nice, mares,” Mane-iac cheered. Iron Will walked through the humongous hole and into the Boiler Room for combat. I need to fight smart if I’m going to be out of here in one piece. Attacking him head-to-head is suicide; I need to cut the tubes from his storage tank to weaken him.

Iron Will laughed as the Venom continues to pump into his body. As he is ready to charge, I threw a batarang at him to blind him. I dodged out of his charge as he crashed into the wall on the other side. As I looked up at the walkway, several Blackgate convicts looked down in amusement to expect me to get pommeled.

I turn around and watched Iron Will turn around to charge me again. I threw a batarang at him and dodged out of his charge. He ran into the weak wall again but this gave me the opportunity to get in close. I elbowed and kicked Iron Will several times to weaken him before he recovers from his disorientation. I climbed up on his back on his storage tank and cut off two of the tubes connecting the Venom and him. The partial loss of the Venom alarmed his storage and enraged him. I jumped off after he tried to claw me off of his back.

As soon as I touch the ground, Iron Will roared furiously and slammed his fist in the ground, sending a brief yet violent shockwave in the ground. I jumped out of the range to safety, ready to face him again.

“Seriously, is that the best you can do, Iron Will? Let me lend a hoof,” Mane-iac announced, disappointed over Iron Will’s performance. I looked over the railing and saw four Blackgate convicts jumping off the railing to aid Iron Will. All of the convicts in the room are Earth ponies.

Before anypony could notice, Iron Will trudged over to a wall on the far end of the Boiler Room and lifted up a humongous chunk of the wall and threw it at me. I jumped out of the way from the rock. He charged at me afterwards to gain upper ground but I threw a batarang and jumped out of his way.

After he ran into the wall, a convict tries to hit me but I grabbed his leg, elbowed his face and landed his face on my knee. I countered another hit from a reject by grabbing his outstretched hoof, kneeing his stomach and double-hoofed his chest, sending him to the ground. I overhead one thug and countered the fourth thug by kicking his leg, tripping him and kicking his face, knocking him down.

One thug charged at me but I grabbed his arm, head-butted his face with the back of my head and kicking him away. I jumped far to a thug and hit him with a roundhouse. I missed my combo but I punched a thug three times to continue pommeling them to avoid them distracting me. I heard Iron Will laughed and heard his thundering charge but I did the same routine and dodged out of his way, knocking down some of the thugs in his path.

As soon as Iron Will turns around to charge at me again, I began pommeling the thugs again to keep them out of the way. I heard his charge and threw another batarang at Iron Will’s face, jumping out of the way. I galloped towards Iron Will and kicked him numerously before jumping on his back. I climbed on his storage tank and cut off more of the tubes connecting him, depleting his Venom storage.

“I went through all this trouble and that’s the best you got, Iron Will? Help him out, boys,” Mane-iac ordered, unimpressed by Iron Will’s disadvantage. I spotted more rejects jumping over the railing to aide Iron Will. The behemoth roared and pounded the ground in frustration. The shockwaves knocked the thugs back but I jumped out of the way of the waves before they’d dissipated.

I counted six Blackgate convicts in the fray. I countered a thug’s punch by kicking his stomach and elbowing his face. Another one tries to land one on me but I grabbed his hoof, kicking his stomach and double-hoofed his chest. I kicked one thug and immediately jumped out of the way of a boulder chucked by Iron Will, who had crudely ripped it from the wall. Fortunately, the boulder knocked down the thugs in the way.

“I will crush you!” Iron Will snarled. He charged at me but I did the same routine and dodged his charge after blinding him. I noticed that the chunks from the columns have taken a huge toll on the stability of the room. This room is going to collapse; I need to finish this quickly.

After dealing with the thugs, I galloped towards Iron Will and hit him several times. I climbed up on his back and slice off the last tubes from the storage tank. As soon as the tubes are cut off, Iron Will starts to weaken. He kneeled on the ground in fatigue but screamed as the entire Boiler Room shakes violently. I immediately grappled up to the exit of the Boiler Room, leading to a ladder. The rocks and ceiling of the Boiler Room collapsed on him and the Blackgate convicts, crushing them. I pushed an iron lid on the ground and climbed out, free from the Medical Facility. I am outside of the Medical Facility, in front of a lift at the bottom of the platform.

I held my left arm, slightly stinging from Iron Will, who threw me into the Boiler Room in the first place. Something tells me that the ruined Boiler Room is not enough to take down Iron Will, so I press a protocol on my left gauntlet, activating the Batmobile that is still parked in front of the Intensive Treatment building in North Arkham. The vehicle revved lividly, ready for auto-drive. After setting the Batmobile, I spotted Shining Armor coming to me, safe from harm. “Batmare, you’re okay?” he asked.

“I’m fine, Shining Armor. Where’s Bon-Bon?” I replied and asked. I stood up on all fours.

“Gone, must’ve gotten loose while Iron Will was throwing you around,” he replied.

I pondered for a moment, a thought came to me that if Shining Armor continues to stay on Arkham Island and he’ll be in danger again.

“We need to get you off the island,” I said.

“I’m not a rookie, I can handle myself,” he claimed stubbornly. Before I reply, the wall at the bottom of the Facility exploded. Shining and I jumped clear from the blast and out came Iron Will, enraged even more now that his Venom tank is sabotaged. He roared as he grabbed me and lifted my up, facing his livid face.

"I wil break you, Batmare, then the bruja!" the savage giant growled as he is inching me closer to his face. I clenched my teeth in an ger and anticipation.

“No, Iron Will. This time I will break you!” I shouted. I activated the gauntlet and Iron Will turned around and spotted the Batmobile, speeding up towards us. I kicked his abdomen, free from his grasp and out of the vehicle’s way. Iron Will stood and saw the headlights of the speeding Batmobile.

Iron Will cried in pain as the vehicle crashed into him, carrying him on the hood. The Batmobile and him sped at high speeds and crashed into the Equestrian Bay at the end of the cliff. Iron Will screamed as the Batmobile carried him underneath the murky waters, silencing them. Shining Armor and I walked to the cliff and saw that Iron Will and the Batmobile are gone. Now, it’s over. I am a tad bit upset now I used my Batmobile as a weapon, but I can make a new one. A boat arrived with a Royal Guard at the docks. We walked to the boat to escort Shining Armor off the island.

“Shining, get back to the mainland, it’s too dangerous here,” I said.

“I don’t like leaving you here,” he said. He reluctantly climbed on board of the boat, knowing that I will be in harm’s way if I remain here without any potential allies, except Oracle.

“Radio claims she planted bombs all over Manehattan. Manehattan will panic, you’re needed there,” I said.

“We’re ready to go now, sir,” the guard said. Shining nodded and the boat hummed and sailed. Before leaving, Shining asked me this question.

“Iron Will called Dr. Evergreen bruja, what does it mean?” Before Shining is out of earshot, I answered his question.

“It’s Spanish…for witch,” I replied, walking away from the boat.

Author's Note:

There you go. :ajsmug: