• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,474 Views, 19 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum - TheDarkMare16



Batmare dropped the dangerous Mane-iac in Arkham Asylum but Mane-iac set Batmare up and unleashed a set of surprises for our Dark Mare. Batmare must find Mane-iac in and out of the enormous asylum before Mane-iac wins by unleashing voracious beasts.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,474

Chapter 12: The Batmobile

As I suspected, I spotted six Blackgate inmates vandalizing my vehicle with pipes and weapons. It’s extremely durable but it had several dents in the body and the windshield is cracked by the many blunt blows. I continue to walk towards them to end this nonessential vandalism.

Some are hitting the vehicle with metal pipes and some were kicking it and some standing, observing the gradual damage of my vehicle. Luckily for them, I disable the countermeasure of the Batmobile. If it’s still active, they will be fried by now. I need to take care of this little nuisance before I move on. I heard the chime:

“The entire island will soon be under my control! That’s right, mares and gentlecolts, mine! Mine mine mine mine mine! Just wait until you see my plans for the place, it’s going to be glorious,” Mane-iac announced, cackling afterwards.

I threw a batarang at one, knocking him down. The other five are alarmed as I walk smoothly towards them, with fear in their eyes. “She’s here!” one shouted. I spotted one Earth pony, two Unicorns, one Pegasus, one griffon and one changeling. This is going to be easy.

I landed a series of blows on an Earth pony’s chest and kicking him to the ground, I countered a changeling and punched him in the face, crotch, and face with my back turned. One Unicorn tried to swing a pipe at me but I grabbed it, kicking the Unicorn in the back, and finally smacking him with the pipe on the head, knocking him sideways.

I performed a back flip and kicked another one, sending him flying. With enough time, I grabbed a knocked down thug and threw him at another one, knocking those two out of submission. I grabbed a Pegasus wings, twisting him to the ground, and snapped it in half, with horrifying screams afterwards before passing out. I countered a blind punch and threw the thug overhead, and kicked the second one. I grabbed a leg of a griffon, bending him over with his leg in my grasp and kneed the elbow, breaking it.

I performed a Ground Takedown on the pinned Henchpony and finally grabbed the last thug and threw him to a nearby wall, knocking him out. Easy as pie; now that’s settled, I need to gather more supplies from my damaged Batmobile. I shook my head in sheer annoyance as my trustworthy vehicle is badly dent by the scum. That’s not important, what’s important is that I need to find my brother. Luckily, I have another item of important use in my trunk.

“There’s a supply of Explosive Gel in the trunk of the Batmobile, I may need it.”

I opened the trunk of the car and picked up a tool that could useful. The Explosive Gel is in a form of a small pistol, the shape and size of an electric drill, with a conic nozzle that can spew out explosives in gelatinous form. The gel is made of nitroglycerin and sulfur, one of the many elements that are reactive and dangerous when combine, especially when they are exposed to oxygen.

Luckily, I set up a control mechanism that can detonate the gel when it’s sprayed at any time without worrying the instant explosion when set up. I’ve put up a small protection screen on each gel and I can press the detonator on the head to release the screen, resulting in a controlled explosion, great for destroying weak walls and other debris for access across the island. These can also be great weapons when I’m in a room full of armed thugs, correction, when they are trapped in a room with me. Spraying this on walls nearby henchponies can knock them out, alarming them without them noticing my presence. I closed the trunk after examining the weapon. I inspected the area around the Batmobile, hoping for any evidence I could find.

“Bon-Bon trashed the Batmobile, looks like there was a scuffle. I need to search the area around the Batmobile; there could be clues to where she took Shining.” I spotted a peculiar item dropped, it is Shining’s smoking pipe, carved and made by Skyla, his and his wife, Cadence’s daughter. It has his initials carved in it.

“Wild Country, Shining Armor’s favorite tobacco; Armor’s smarter than he looks, left me a trail to follow.” After scanning the dropped pipe with the tobacco with the Evidence Scanner, the vision switched between colors until the vision has a light tannish-brown hue to it. I quickly contacted Oracle.

“Oracle, I found a pipe, it has your father’s initials carved on it,” I said.

“It was a birthday gift I gave him last year. There’s no way he’d leave it,” Oracle added sadly.

“Exactly, he’s left me a trail to follow, he’s alive, Skyla,” I replied and switched off to follow my brother. Soon, I heard the intercom chime but it chimed in a minor, irregular and distorted key instead of the usual chime.

“Hello, I am Warden Idiot, let me welcome you home. Here in Idiot Asylum, we have just one rule: you’ll never leave us,” Mane-iac announced, mocking Sharp’s voice then returning to her usual voice before switching off the intercom. Before following, I galloped to the end of the North Arkham, leading to the entrance of the Island. The iron gates remained standing with the statues ominously stood, still welcoming anypony who will dare enter the dreaded asylum. I spotted two see-saws, one steep and one flat. I noticed two hats with a little helicopter propeller on them, I used the evidence scanner to solve the riddle: “Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum SAW it, can you SEE it?” It solved one of the most minor criminals I’d faced, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, obviously based off Alice in Wonderland and Behind the Looking Glass.

I galloped to a rundown building opposite of the Intensive Treatment. The outer wall could crumble at any time, yet it remained standing. The inner workings are abandoned, dilapidated, and dusty. Numerous holes, rickety and rotten boards, unstable bricks and unorganized stacks of clay, bricks, and wood made up unsteady platforms on the lower and upper levels of the building.

I grappled to the most stable part of the ruined building and spotted another cryptic trapezoidal shape of the Arkham Chronicles and deciphered it. I listened to the third Chronicle:

“As Manehattan’s veins slowly filled with pain and suffering, the effects were felt everywhere. My father fell first, infected with some foul disease. My mother lived on, but only in her dream. I returned to the family home to care for her, as she remained in her bed for as long as her body continues to breath. Her tears kept me awake at night.”

I dropped down and found another Riddler trophy and picked it up. “Easy, a blind pony would’ve stumble on that one,” Trixie mocked. I reached to the entrance of the old building, with Detective Mode still active. As I expected, I spotted a green question mark and point underneath the archway entrance. The dot is on the old ceiling and the question mark is on the little area of the arch. I aligned them to solve a riddle: “Now you see it, now you don’t.”

“Easy, isn’t it? Well, we’ll see, we’ll see,” Trixie said. I galloped to a small building in front of the Intensive Treatment and spotted a fragment of the walkway that could be destroyed by a controlled explosion. I spotted a trophy underneath the surface, so I pulled out my Explosive Gel and sprayed a gel on the surface, in the symbol of my free will, the bat. During that, I heard the chime, back to its usual key.

“Paging Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard,” Mane-iac announced randomly. After spraying the gel, I stood back a little to get out of its range and pressed the detonator to destroy the fragment. I picked up the trophy, undisturbed by the pieces of the walkway.

“Oh, you found that one. Sorry, it wasn’t much of a challenge, I was running out of time,” Trixie apologized with the slightest sliver of worriment in her tone. I grappled to the top of another small building and saw the center of the roof can be destroyed. I sprayed the gel, stood back, and detonated the ceiling so it could be accessed. The entrance is guarded by a panel with the barrier active. I dropped inside the building.

It’s like your usual tool building. Glass windows, tiled walls and floors, tables, lockers, and a few paper stacks. I spotted a black wide paper on the table, blinking profusely. Green questions marks scattered the paper and a big one in the center. Having no choice, I sighed heavily for the oncoming insult, I picked up the map that’ll pinpoint all the riddles, across North Arkham.

“So, you have given in and taken my map. I hope it proves useful,” Trixie said arrogantly.

Likewise, I grappled to a watchtower and spotted a dead security guard. I looked in the small booth and spotted another Interview Tape, I listened:

“Tape Patient Interview 17, Mane-iac remains uncooperative. My earlier diagnosis remains true: I believe she enjoy her persona too much,” Dr. Evergreen introduced.

“What’s up, doc?” Mane-iac asked jokingly.

“Today, we should try something different,” Evergreen said.

“Oh ho, you make me blush, doc. I have a marefriend,” Mane-iac added innocently.

“Dr. Sweetie Drops, I know. I’ve seen the tapes, I saw what happened,” Evergreen replied in a slightly disgusted tone.

“What can I say, I’m a charmer,” Mane-iac replied.

“Anyway, we’re here to talk about your childhood,” Evergreen said.

“Oh, ever heard of romance, doc? I don’t give up the goods for free. You have to try harder,” Mane-iac said.

“What are you hiding?” Evergreen asked.

“Didn’t you hear me? You scratch my back doc, and…well, I won’t have you wrapped in plastic and left in a gutter,” Mane-iac threatened.

I walked to the door that’ll lead to West Arkham but the door is locked, probably for security measures. “The security door is locked. I’m going have to find another way around to get back on Armor’s trail.” Alongside the Cliffside, I spotted a weak structural wall that can be destroyed, good use for my Explosive Gel.

“The wall ahead is weak enough for my Explosive Gel to blow through and open up a new path.” I walked to the weak wall and sprayed the Explosive Gel on it. I stood back and detonate the wall, pieces scatter everywhere. I spotted a passageway within and walked inside. I spotted a door and opened it.

Author's Note:

Let's see if you keep the pace! lol