• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 1,467 Views, 51 Comments

A Filly and Her Wolf - Teotle



Twilight find themselves with a new friend who may not be who he appears to be.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,467

A Trip to the Doctor

Everypony sat still around the campfire, listening to the strange howling coming from the distance. What was making that noise? Was it somepony just responding to Rainbow Dash? No, It sounded like they were in pain.

They all looked at each other with uncertainty. it was quiet until Rainbow Dash broke the ice by saying, "Oh come on, everypony, are we really afraid of howling?"

"What if it's timberwolves, or Shadowflame?" Asked Applebloom.

"I'm pretty sure it's neither of those." Said Applejack.

"Maybe it's an animal in trouble." Said Nyx.

"If that's so, we need to go see if it needs help." Said Twilight.

"Hold on." Said Scootaloo. "You're not saying we should go out there, are you?"

"Its the right thing to do." Said Twist.

Twilight nodded and said. "Applejack and I will go check it out. Rarity and Rainbow Dash, you stay here and watch the girls."

Ranbowdash and Rarity gave a nod. "Twilight?" Asked Nyx. "Please be careful."

"I will." Twilight said with a smile. She and Applejack went toward the direction of the howling while the others stayed at the camp.

The howling grew louder as they continued into the forest. Eventually they found a clearing where a little wolf cub lay with its front right paw caught in a bear trap. Twilight and Applejack drew closer to the cub as it continued to cry.

Once they got close enough, it turned its head toward them. when he saw them, he whimpered for help. Twilight walked over to it and said, "Shh, it's ok, we're going to get you out of there."

"Say what now?" Asked Applejack.

"Come on, he's just a baby. I'll bet he still has his baby teeth."

"Its the teeth that concern me." Replied Applejack.

"We can't just leave him here." Twilight protested.

"Fine, but your explaining why we have a wolf with us right after Rainbow Dash just told a scary story about one."

"Applejack, does he look like he's all bones?" Asked Twilight. "Besides, what would they think if we just left a baby here in pain?"

Twilight looked at the bear trap and then at the wolf's caught leg. The teeth of the trap were not just pointed, but they were also razor sharp. The leg looked infected, which meant that the wolf could have been there for a day or two. It was surprising that the Wolf wasn't dead yet, he should have bled out by now.

The trap wasn't any ordinary trap either. The closing mechanism had been modified to be one way. It could close easily, but opening it would require certain tools, which nopony had. Twilight couldn't use her magic either, for the trap was enchanted to block all magic spells.

"This is ridiculous." Said Twilight. "The trap is designed to keep anypony from opening it."

Just then, a rustling sound came from the bushes behind them. The cub was the first to react. He looked at the bushes and growled. Before Twilight could ask who it was, the wolf began to bite and tear at his caught leg.

Without warning, Nyx popped put of the bushes and called out to the wolf cub, "what are you doing? Stop!" But it was too late, his leg was completely detached.

Rainbow Dash soon appeared behind Nyx and asked, "What the hay is going on out here?" She looked at the Cub with wide eyes.

Twilight turned her attention to Nyx and Rainbow Dash. "What are you doing here? You were supposed to stay at the camp."

Rainbow Dash smiled, embarrassingly, and said, "Nyx ran after you when we heard you two arguing. Never mind that, what's with the wolf?" She pointed at the now three legged cub.

"I don't know how or why, but a trap had caught his leg and has been holding him here." Said Twilight.

Applejack walked up to the wolf to look at his injury. "And now he's at the risk of blood loss. If you have a plan to save him, Twilight, then you better move fast."

Twilight immediately tried to think of what to do. Should she use her magic? She has mended some scrapes here and there, but never missing limbs. No, she needed to get him to a doctor, soon.

Twilight then said, "I'll use my teleportation spell to take him to back to Ponyville. Everypony else, tell the others what happened."

"I'm coming with you." Said Nyx, bravely.

Twilight nodded. She didn't want to argue with Nyx. The wolf had already fallen to the ground unconscious. Twilight put the wolf cub on her back. As soon as Nyx was close enough to use the spell, she was ready.

Twilight's horn began to glow, and with a flash of light, they were back in Ponyville.

They all rushed to the local hospital, where Nurse Redheart was sitting at the front desk.

Twilight and Nyx burst open the front door and explained to the Doctor what happened. Nurse Redheart nodded and took them to the emergency room.

They cleaned and sealed the injury, bandaged it and gave the cub a tetanus shot. He was still passed out, which made the process easier.

Nurse Redheart hooked him up to a heart monitor, and gave him needles connected to a blood bag and a nutritional bag.

When he was finally stable, the nurse and Twilight left Nyx to watch the patient.

"There is something you need to know, Twilight." Said Nurse Readheart. "That boy has lost a lot of blood, more than enough to kill a full grown wolf. I don't know where you found him, but you should tell the princess about this, before we regret what happened tonight."

"I know, I made the mistake of keeping Nyx a secret from everypony, and I almost lost her because of it. I wont do that now." Said Twilight.

"You should probably go, He's safe for now but you really won't be of much help right now." Said Nurse Redheart.

"Ok, I'll get Nyx and we'll leave him in your care." Twilight said, walking back to the room.

"Actually Twilight," Nurse Redheart added last second "if you don't mind, I would like to run some tests on him, but I need you to fill out some paperwork if you agree."

For the betterment of the wolf, Twilight agreed.

Though the paperwork process was very tedious, and extremely time-consuming, Twilight managed to sign her name on the very last document, just as soon as the nurse came back in to check on her progress.

"Is the paperwork all filled out?" Nurse Redheart asked with a smile. Twilight, yawning loudly, replied "yes, the paperwork is finally finished." Twilight handed the papers to Nurse Redheart, and she took them to the office after saying "you're free to go."

"Oh, and Nurse?" Twilight said, turning around with a smile. "Thanks"

"My pleasure." Said Nurse Redheart.

Twilight walked into the room to find Nyx asleep in a chair next to the wolf cub. The paperwork took so long that Nyx just couldn't stay awake any longer. Twilight picked Nyx up and put her on her back before leaving the hospital and going back home to the library.

She sneaked passed Spike and went to their bedroom. Twilight put Nyx into her bed, tucked her in, and then went to her bed to go to sleep.

It was a long night, and they were all very tired.